DART Growth and Userbase

Author: badger

Total: 157
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

OMG , do you think Kaitlyn might be Melania? Melania is an Atheist.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
would any of us have stayed or got caught if the mood of DDO then was what DART is today?
I’ll admit that I would not.

While there certainly were plenty of assholes shitting all over the place in DDO, I was always confident the normal people outnumbered them by a wide margin; and there were dicks like Imabench around fucking the assholes.

Plus when I joined DDO I was in university, needing lots of writing practice.

I’ll freely admit I’d prefer to just be rid of anyone I consider to be morally intolerable. From there it’s be a slippery slope to banning people I find intellectually intolerable (which is to say utter morons and gaslighters).

I of course rarely put bans in place (aside from the countless ad bots, which are unworthy of being mentioned in the public log). I try to moderate based on the will of the site, with only limited attempts to manipulate the site zingiest (pushing legibility to replace spelling and grammar as an example).

I should mention that this site doesn’t have true freedom of speech, nor should it. However, we must not let it devolve into an echo chamber either. We need room for controversial opinions, as disagreements are core to our value proposition. IMHO, striking the right balance should be the near-term goal.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@badger
I think we have some general agreement going on here. I think you guys could start with deleting all those ugly threads in the Society board.
Similar to Barney, I'm not fond of the direction this site has gone, but there's a limit to how we can (or should) intervene based on the existing rules of the site. Deleting all those threads requires a basis that either exists in the current rules of the site or would be added to those rules. I agree, I've got problems with a lot of those threads, and I suspect that yes, they are having some effect on people considering joining the site and/or staying here. I've got my issues with certain users as well. That doesn't mean I'm going to start removing those threads or banning those people.

As they exist, I don't think the rules disallow the kind of posts that are being made, and I'd like to be sure that if we choose to expand those rules, we do so carefully. 

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Best.Korea
If you have to ban people for having an opinion you dont like and that you cant refute, that just makes you a bad debater.

Every opinion is ugly to someone.

Unless their opinion calls for violence, you have no right to call for violence against those users,  badger.
I don't know whether you've stopped trolling or trying to troll badger with logic, but this is a based post.

badger
badger
Well these are encouraging posts from our mods. Sounds like we're all sick of this shit. So are we talking revised rules or what? If you guys need someone to pull the trigger, I will do it lol. Nah, it's a shame what's going on here. 
badger
badger
I'm too tired today to keep pushing this thread, but sounds like we're all sick of this shit. 
badger
badger
-->
@thett3
Interested to hear your take on this. You have a big investment in this community too.