Republicans cut taxes for wealthy people while leaving students to fend for themselves

Author: IwantRooseveltagain

Total: 50
ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
And for that sin costs just kept going up and up constantly ever sense.

So if it costs $21k per year in 2018 and it cost $7.7k in 1980 are you claiming that state subsidy constituted $14k per year per student?

I didn't think so. Get a theory that doesn't take 60 seconds to debunk. https://eu.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/05/18/cost-of-college-the-year-you-were-born/39479153/
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
So you can call someone a coward, but dummy is over the line? And you are surprised I say what I say?
There’s that awesome lack of reading comprehension again!! And with a strawman fallacy!!!!  

I never called them [a] coward, I referred to them as [an] intellectual coward. Two different terms with two completely different meanings. 

You make personal attacks all the time and then claim they are not personal attacks. And that is after you have said something stupid.
When addressing another’s behavior, demeanor, and attitude it isn’t an ad hominem. They’re adjectives describing said behavior, demeanor and attitude. They’re not nouns. Context matters. 

Personal attacks are just that, personal - as in at the person. 

fucking hypocrite is ok, but dummy is over the line?
Hypocrite, in the context given, means he was engaging in hypocrisy. That’s a description of behavior, not the person - at the person. 

Reading comprehension matters. 

Context matters. 

Both of which you’re clearly oblivious to. 

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I didn't think so. Get a theory that doesn't take 60 seconds to debunk
Well genius, you looked up the cost for tuition AND room and board and fees.

We were talking about tuition. The cost to take a class.

It’s ok if schools charge more for better dorms and food.  Students can attend a college close to home and avoid those costs. But tuition is something that can’t be avoided. Tuition has gone from free or basically free to 20,000 in 2 generations. That is the problem and it was caused by pulling back on subsidies from the federal government THANK YOU RONALD REAGAN.

Aren’t you able to accurately argue a question? Is it because you never went to college?
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I never called them [a] coward, I referred to them as [an] intellectual coward. 
What’s the difference exactly? It’s not like you are speaking to soldiers who demonstrated cowardice on the battlefield. You called them cowards. It’s a personal attack

.When addressing another’s behavior, demeanor, and attitude it isn’t an ad hominem.
That’s ridiculous. Who taught you that? So if someone’s behavior ( the things they say) is stupid, I should be able to call them stupid and dummy, right?

You didn’t say their actions were cowardly, you said they are intellectual cowards. That is a personal attack, genius.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Hypocrite, in the context given, means he was engaging in hypocrisy. That’s a description of behavior, not the person - at the person. 
So dummy, means he was engaging in dumb thoughts and speech, That’s a description of behavior, not the person - at the person.

You are a ridiculous person. (not a personal attack) Just a description of your behavior 

Context matters.

Both of which you’re clearly oblivious to.

Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
@Roosevelt

Students can attend a college close to home and avoid those costs
You do understand that not everyone has college in their neighborhood? 

And the list of those who have desirable college in their neighborhood is even smaller.
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
-->
@Best.Korea
You do understand that not everyone has college in their neighborhood? 
In red states, yes. But that is also a choice people make.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
I never called them [a] coward, I referred to them as [an] intellectual coward. 
What’s the difference exactly?

Look it up. I’m not your teacher or tutor. There is a difference. A very big difference. 

When addressing another’s behavior, demeanor, and attitude it isn’t an ad hominem.
That’s ridiculous. Who taught you that? So if someone’s behavior ( the things they say) is stupid, I should be able to call them stupid and dummy, right?
linguistics. Common sense. Reading comprehension. C and all of the above. 

And no, you address the argument as being stupid and not them personally. Big difference. 

You didn’t say their actions were cowardly, you said they are intellectual cowards. That is a personal attack, genius.

That’s NOT how I said it, and no, it’s not a personal attack. 

For a so-called airline pilot you’re not the brightest when it comes to linguistics.  (That was a personal attack) 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
So dummy, means he was engaging in dumb thoughts and speech, That’s a description of behavior, not the person - at the person.

You are a ridiculous person. (not a personal attack) Just a description of your behavior 

Context matters.

Both of which you’re clearly oblivious to

Lol. Way to demonstrate your lack of reading comprehension skills and ineffective linguistic knowledge/skills. Lol. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
Look it up. I’m not your teacher or tutor. There is a difference. A very big difference. 
Lol. There’s a difference you just can’t explain it. 

So nobody taught you that. You just came up with it on your own. And you are not an educated man.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
For a so-called airline pilot you’re not the brightest when it comes to linguistics.  (That was a personal attack) 
So I reported your self described personal attack. Let’s see what White Flame does about it.

For a known disabled and unemployed person, you are not the brightest when it comes to any general subject.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
Lol. There’s a difference you just can’t explain it. 
I can. I won't. I want YOU to look it up. 
Context matters. And there are different meanings to the term "intellectual coward," so you need to know which one is correct in the manner in which I used it (ie. the context in which it was used). If you cannot do that, well, it just demonstrates what [a] "dummy" you truly are!!!

So nobody taught you that. You just came up with it on your own. And you are not an educated man.
OF course I was taught that, and I know the difference. You do not. And I am not beginning to question you being a pilot. If you cannot understand the linguistics of the posts in this forum...well shit, you surely cannot understand the technical and pilot manuals you are required to read to be a pilot. 

So I reported your self described personal attack. Let’s see what White Flame does about it.
He won't do shit, and he knows it. Cause if he does, it proves he is a biased hypocritical loser with ZERO integrity and if he did, it will SHAME this forum for its existence. 

For a known disabled and unemployed person, you are not the brightest when it comes to any general subject.
See, there's those unsubstantiated name calling immature banality we all know and hate about you. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
IwantRooseveltagain,

Saw a true crime show on Netflix, about the "missing turns to murder." First episode was about an airline pilot with anger management issues who ended up murdering his ex-wife. Everything the show described about that pilot, wow....we all see it with you and your issues on full display at DART. 
IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
He won't do shit, and he knows it. Cause if he does, it proves he is a biased hypocritical loser with ZERO integrity. 
You should be banned just for admitting you watch StarTrek.

See, there's those unsubstantiated name calling immature banality we all know and hate about you
Unsubstantiated? You already admitted you are on disability and you don’t have a job, and you don’t have any children. I’m stating facts and you constantly overuse the word banal.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
we all see it with you and your issues on full display at DART. 
Was he also engaging online with a bunch of lonely losers who have dead end jobs or no jobs at all and no children, who blame blacks and immigrants and transgender people for all of their failures in life? That’s so funny! Just like here a DART.

TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
He won't do shit, and he knows it. Cause if he does, it proves he is a biased hypocritical loser with ZERO integrity. 
You should be banned just for admitting you watch StarTrek.
ROTFLMAO!!!!! That's all you got??? 

See, there's those unsubstantiated name calling immature banality we all know and hate about you
Unsubstantiated? You already admitted you are on disability and you don’t have a job, and you don’t have any children. I’m stating facts and you constantly overuse the word banal.
Case in point proven yet again, and by your own doing. LOL!!!

we all see it with you and your issues on full display at DART. 
Was he also engaging online with a bunch of lonely losers who have dead end jobs or no jobs at all and no children, who blame blacks and immigrants and transgender people for all of their failures in life? That’s so funny! Just like here a DART.
Classic denialism. 
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@thett3
@ADreamOfLiberty
@Best.Korea
@IwantRooseveltagain
@TWS1405_2
Regarding reports in this thread:
Enforcement is going to start increasing on Monday.

While this is not meant to be carte blanche on all bad behavior in the mean time, it is understood and expected that people will not instantly change when already in the middle of heated discussions and tolerance of vitriol had become the norm.

Streams of thoughtless and/or repetitive insults which date stamped July 3rd and onward, will result in warnings and if continued then bans.
Barney
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
@Greyparrot
@FLRW
@Sir.Lancelot
Please see post #47.
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Barney
So if the rap battle happens past monday morning your time, then it will mean a ban?

Or what are you really saying 
Barney
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
So if the rap battle happens past monday morning your time, then it will mean a ban?
No. Interesting question, but no. I honestly have no idea if Whiteflame intends the increased enforcement to apply to rap battles, and yet the answer is still no.

First of all rhyming is not against the CoC. The content of a rhyme could be; but the mere act of rhyming itself is not.
Second, the CoC violation would need to be brought to the attention of the moderation team; and even then they'd have to take it seriously. If some Karen is going around reporting every rap battle because they hates culture, we are unlikely to take the spammed reports seriously.
Third, the violation and/or pattern thereof would need to actually be noteworthy. Isolated insults (in rap battles or not) are not really the issue, it's when they become both habitual and personal (or severe enough) that it becomes worthy of attention.
Forth, bans do not precede the other intervention steps. As I wrote above, "...will result in warnings and if continued then bans."

Additionally, as seen some years ago, I am a a defender of rap.

Or what are you really saying 
Enforcement is going to start increasing on Monday.