Total: 137
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Sticking to the title and NOT the OP:

“What made you interested in debate?”
I enjoy proving people wrong and pissing them off. Side note, being challenged to a debate being asked to provide three subjects, in doing so, the opposition tucks tail and runs with a multitude of excuses. 

Mmmm Mmmmm

Mps1213
Debates: 11
Mps1213
RM the reason people knock you down is because you say stuff like what you just said for no reason. Everyone has something they’re smarter at than others. Like I clearly know more about pharmacology than anyone on this site, but until just now it’s never been something I just state for the hell of it. So if you sit and here and says “I absolutely have a high IQ” or whatever you said, you’re gonna get shot for it. I have heard some absolute idiots say things like that. So just because you say it doesn’t mean it’s true. In my experience you are of average IQ. You’ve never impressed me with any arguments, debating styles, logic, critical thinking etc. you’re just a normal person but you’re pretending your above average in the smart department and in everyone’s experience interacting with you. It’s just not true. That’s fine, if you weren’t trying so hard to show everyone how smart you think you are, you wouldn’t get any shit. 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Yes, RMs awkward, extended self-admiration is always provocative but he was also on-topic.  MPS's burn was just in reply to RM and way off topic and so the greater fault here.  TWS's defense of MPS is clueless.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Did this site make you better at debating IRL?
  • I have never done any formal debating irl.  I come from a family that argues almost constantly and many of my friendships work the same way.  But that kind of arguing is unimpressed by evidence or rhetoric- tears always win and eventually the women always get their way.

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
-->
@oromagi
Tears also control the culture. May the agenda with the best sob-story propaganda win.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@oromagi
Yes, RMs awkward, extended self-admiration is always provocative but he was also on-topic.  MPS's burn was just in reply to RM and way off topic and so the greater fault here.  TWS's defense of MPS is clueless.
Tell us you’re not taking it up the rear playing favorites here without telling us you’re taking it up the rear playing favorites here. 

FFS!!! If any mod here cannot grasp basic linguists (reading comprehension, context, semantics, etc.), you shouldn’t be a mod. 

Only one clueless here is you, Oreo. 

Barney
Debates: 51
Barney
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
    Sorry you are super genius to spot this. MPS was my sissy partner for a while while I explored my bi side, that's one of the lower IQ exes.

All of this is sarcasm, please don't shoot me. 
    Everyone is visibly cringing at your embarrassing attempts at being funny.
    This line isn't even remotely clever or offensive enough to reach the mod's radar.

It got a chuckle out of me. And I will always appreciate an attempt to lighten the mood.
    Barney
    Debates: 51
    Barney
    -->
    @TWS1405_2
    Replying to #77

Not all ad hominems are fallacious when demonstrably proven true.
    You're not even wrong. However, you've missed the point.

RM boasted and given his past behaviors and how he has handled himself in certain debates and forum discussions disproves his assertions made herein.
    Are we reading the same post? Please let me know which debates and forum discussions he referenced at: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9594-what-made-you-interested-in-debate?page=1&post_number=3

That is factually accurate; therefore, what MPS said was NOT an insult.
    Not quite how that works within English. Regardless of truth, the attempt to demean someone is to insult them. Not to get political but Trump insulted women by saying he gets away with random sexual assaults against them; that he did get away with it, does not change the offense he caused.

You all need to be clearer and more consistent when dealing with your so-called enforcement of the CoC. 
    You're literally complaining about exactly that.

Any enforcement exercised should remain private, not public.
    Most are private, so long as they do not result in a ban. Due to self-evident confusion on the standards, to make them clearer some posts will be highlighted to better inform everyone.
    RationalMadman
    Debates: 569
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @Mps1213
     you’re just a normal person but you’re pretending your above average in the smart department and in everyone’s experience interacting with you. It’s just not true.
    I'm actually curious about this, let's run a survey, I genuinely have wondered this.

Reveal the results in another thread, you have my permission. I am genuinely curious how many people think I'm not intelligent vs intelligent out of the population here. I can't just ask it as people will lie one way or the other.
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    to RM: well I’m not saying you’re not intelligent. The better question for this conversation would “does everyone think RM is as intelligent as he thinks he is” 
    RationalMadman
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @Mps1213
    That is not what I am interested in. I lost the interest now.
    ebuc
    ebuc
    -->
    @Sir.Lancelot
    Rat..man..... I was born to argue, born to critically think and challenge.

Yet blocks me for a year, until her runs for pres. and I remind him of his block, so he unblocks.

Then he looses and with a  week blocks me again.
    RationalMadman
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @ebuc
    please keep derailing the thread, it's part of why I blocked you
    sadolite
    sadolite
    -->
    @Sir.Lancelot
    "Did this site make you better at debating IRL?" No, people don't debate like people debate on this site  in the real world. I do better in the real world.

Mps1213
    Mps1213
    You aren’t interested in that idea because you know for a fact everyone would say you’re not as smart as you think you are. 
    RationalMadman
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @Mps1213
    I don't know that for a fact, no.

I think we then have 2 flaws:

1. People of any IQ having  dogshit interpretation of how smart I think I am.
    2. People of lower to medium IQ having dogshit interpretation of how smart I actually am.

I am more interested if the believe I lean into intelligence, mediocrity (in intelligence) or unintelligence.
    ADreamOfLiberty
    ADreamOfLiberty
    Use that intelligence of yours to analyze the exceedingly simple game theory here.

If your premise is that you need to be of equal or greater intelligence to someone else in order to know you are of equal or greater intelligence then everyone can simply claim that they are the most intelligent and because that is true no one else can see that it's true.

So why the are you interested in what could (in your mind) very well be dogshit interpretations?
    RationalMadman
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @ADreamOfLiberty
    I have objectively verified my intelligence in multiple different ways throughout my life including analysing some problems I have and drawbacks due to it, in particular socially.

If you have an issue with that, it's up to you.

I have also noticed in my life that everyone can misinterpret how smart someone thinks they are (because a lot of people downplay or exaggerate their own estimation of themselves in situations).

I furthermore have noticed that people who are medium to low intelligence rank people they agree with and like high in intelligence, without being able to justify why and others lower. It's why every single parent of medium to low intelligence insists their child is very smart (if they are fond of them )from the first year they are born even if they show no signs of it (yet) or alternatively if they resent the child and/or are abusive, they will insist the child is stupid (even if the child showed signs otherwise). I have only ever seen intelligent people correctly estimate, to a high degree of consistency, the intelligence of those around them. Even intelligent people fall prey to the bias though but only they can fight back against it, I believe.
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    So you’re essentially saying if someone says you’re not as smart as you think you are that they’re low to medium IQ? Or if they’re saying that it’s because they have low to medium IQ and don’t like you? What if they’re more intelligent than you, don’t like you, and don’t think you’re intelligent? Is that just a complete impossibility? Is the only possibility that you have a high IQ? If that is the only possibility, what makes you think you’d know, or have the courage to admit, that you don’t have a high IQ? 

I don’t think I have an exceedingly high IQ. I just have an obsessive mind, I actually literally have diagnosed OCD. So when I find something interesting I spend most of my life learning about that thing or engaging in that thing. Which is the only reason I’m able to discuss pharmacology at the depth im able to discuss it. It’s not because I was born with a high IQ. Im not convinced you were either, I’ve met a couple people who I would genuinely consider a genius in my time as a chemistry and geoscience major. Whether that be professors, PHDs etc. not a single one of these highly intelligent people ever thought it necessary to state they believe they have a high IQ. Their work just showed it. From all the work I’ve seen from you, I am not convinced you are in that league of intelligence. You just seem to be a person of average intelligence. Now I’m sure you will say I’m saying that because I don’t like you, and I don’t, but I don’t like a lot of people I know are smarter than me. You have never shown anything to me or the rest of this site that makes people stop and think “holy shit that dude is smart.” 
    RationalMadman
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @Mps1213
    I dont generally think 'holy shit that dude is smart' when I meet an intelligent guy.

They can have other flaws.

I think for example that ADOL is intelligent, he has other flaws. I think you are scientifically intelligent but weak outside chemistry and biology.

I didn't ask if people think I am apex intelligence, you are moving the goalposts and gaalighting me about the survey I said I was up for and curious about.

An example of where ADOL and I have superior intelligence to you would be that during this thread, ADOL and I either stick to the topic or react to others derailing it. You derail it and lash out, incapable of sticking to the topic or learning when to shut the fuck up and drop a matter.

This is part of why I see you as a savant who is only intelligent in science.

I don't know what more I can tell you to let it be clear that I could not care less what you individually think of me and my intelligence.
    RationalMadman
    RationalMadman
    -->
    @Mps1213
    There is a gap between genius and high intelligence and a gap between high and above average intelligence.

Some would make a gap between high, very high and genius, as separate categories.
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    I’m not derailing the conversation at all brother. I did slightly move the goal posts but… you weren’t happy with the original goal posts I set. Would you rather me continue to harp on that? 

I wouldn’t have a problem with saying you are likely a over average intelligence, but I wouldn’t necessarily be certain in saying it. 

What would you like the survey to ask? I will start the survey, even if I don’t find the question you’re wanting to ask meaningful. 

My original question was “do you think rational madman is as smart as he thinks he is?” Because that’s ultimately what all of this is about. 

And yes I am the first to admit that outside of neurochemistry and pharmacology and maybe geosciences I’m not well versed at all. 

The difference is I’m not running around randomly saying things like “I need a partner that’s an expert in pharmacology or I’m just not interested.” You made a statement like that but about IQ, which is why I “insulted” you which started all of this. 

Mps1213
    Mps1213
    And also you have given me zero reason to believe I need to “shut the fuck up and drop the matter” coming from the guy who pretended to be an expert on drugs until the second round of our debate where you feel apart, started crying, and reporting votes. 

Actually I have a perfect example of a marker for intelligence that you do not have. “Usually when people are in the presence of an expert in a topic, they shut the fuck up if they’re not an expert themselves” 

That is something you have never shown the ability to do. You also have shown a level of insecurity unlike just about anyone else on this site by reporting votes, claiming you’re never debating again (then debating what two days later?), telling people  they need to shut the fuck up (while simultaneously saying you don’t care about what they’re saying) etc.

That type of behavior is why people insult and laugh when you talk about your supposed intelligence man. Not because you’re not smart, but because you often act childishly when things don’t go way or everyone on the site isn’t bowing down to you. A prime example is you trying to get me in trouble with mods for my comment earlier, if you were so confident in your Intelligence  you wouldn’t feel the need to do that. I have never reported anyone for anything, never reported a vote, never blocked anyone, etc. thats all insecurity, you could tell me I know nothing about pharmacology, that I’m a fat gay idiot, whatever you could say would literally never make me feel the need to report you. Yet you feel that need constantly. Thats not a hallmark of intelligence in my opinion. 
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    I understand this is a debate website, and you’re going to debate on the things you don’t know about. However, instead of just debating for the competition, especially against me, you were trying to hard to make it seem like you are just as knowledgeable as me in a topic that you clearly aren’t. If you had the ability to say “look he knew more about the topic I tried” I would probably have no problem with you. Yet you do the opposite in every debate you lose
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    How about we do the survey this way

“2 part question:
    Part one: do the people on this site see RM as an intelligent person?
    Part two: do the people of this site believe he is as intelligent as he thinks he is?” 

how is that? That will answer both of our questions. 
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    And for the record, I do believe you are intelligent. To me that mainly just means you aren’t brain dead and dumb. I don’t think you’re far above average if at all, but I also don’t think you’re dumb. 
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    Alright RM, I apologize for giving you shit. Kind of being a douche for no reason. I’m trying to be less toxic in life, the internet brings it out of me. The opioids I took made me think twice about our conversation and made me realize I’m being toxic for no reason. I apologize and hope you have a good rest of the day. 

I really never act like this in person, not sure why I turn so mean online. So I’m not being sarcastic I really do apologize to you. 
    Sir.Lancelot
    Debates: 182
    Sir.Lancelot
    -->
    @Mps1213
    Alright RM, I apologize for giving you shit. Kind of being a douche for no reason. I’m trying to be less toxic in life, the internet brings it out of me. The opioids I took made me think twice about our conversation and made me realize I’m being toxic for no reason.
    I'll have what you're having.
    Mps1213
    Mps1213
    -->
    @Sir.Lancelot
    It’s called mitragynine lol. Go get a product called OPMS Black from a Kratom shop or any kind of head shop near by. I take the whole thing, if you’ve never done it before and try that you’ll probably not have a great time. Take half the first time or even get a less concentrated product like OPMS gold. Mitragynine is the drug inside Kratom, or mitragyna Speciosa. It’s my favorite drug there is. Give it a try. 

The shots are a very concentrated form of the drug. If you buy just normal Kratom powder, only about 1.5% of the powdered leaf is mittagynine. You’re gonna need to take 6-10 grams of Kratom to consume the same amount of mitragynine as the shots. Depending on what shot you get. I would not recommend the normal powder. You will throw up at least once when taking it that way. I have, everyone I know who’s tried Kratom powder has. So either get the shots, or extract powder. OPMS or MIT freeze are the best shots. King Kratom is the best extract powder. 

FishChaser
    Debates: 65
    FishChaser
    -->
    @Mps1213
    What are some other drugs you would recommend?