DART Policy Proposal

Author: Sir.Lancelot

Total: 31
Sir.Lancelot
Debates: 182
Sir.Lancelot
There aren't enough active mods to address the frequent violations of rule-breaking. As it currently stands, too many individuals are getting away with abusing the CoC, The New Enforcement hasn't shown to be effective.

Since security is understaffed, we should start bringing some more onto the Task Force. Everyone of these individuals have given permission to be named in this thread, the others have chosen to not be included and remain anonymous.

Here are all of the people that should be promoted to moderator.:

• Savant
  • SkepticalOne
  • Athias
  • greyparrot
Let's bring back security and stability to DART.

ADreamOfLiberty
Debates: 0
ADreamOfLiberty
Weren't you thrown out for a conspiracy to cheat the debate poll?

Why are you talking about security and stability? Role playing as the deep state?
Average_Person
Debates: 20
Average_Person
xd exactly what I was thinking too
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Cool more moderation. I propose RM to be made moderator. He was on the site for a very long time and contributed a lot to site's activity.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
No, that was a frame-job committed by the person who got me banned.

Why are you talking about security and stability? Role playing as the deep state?
There is corruption in the deep state. To fight it, we need to reform it.
Reforming involves making said individuals of the thread mods.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@Best.Korea
I have a different position for him in mind that he'd be open to.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
No, that was a frame-job committed by the person who got me banned.
So it was the safest and most secure debate poll in history? That's good :p

Strange how you expect others to look into issues deeper and not simply declare "that's all you need to know about him", but don't act that way yourself.

Reforming involves making said individuals of the thread mods.
It seems fairly clear that if the site owner wanted mods to be selected by vote he would have mods selected by vote. This "fake it till you make it" stuff is unlikely to convince him.

You listed four people, that's like a third of the active user base.

There is nothing wrong with this site except the sporadic and inequitable attempts to reinterpret very imperfect rules and the ever present implication that a debate poll determines the winner of the debate.

oromagi probably got sour that his mod ship wasn't appreciated and is doing something more useful with his time, perhaps laying on grass and watching clouds.

Maybe before you go creating a police force you should fix the problem that the law book is unclear, then mods would have less room for inequitable treatment and more protection from criticism.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
So it was the safest and most secure debate poll in history? That's good :p

Strange how you expect others to look into issues deeper and not simply declare "that's all you need to know about him", but don't act that way yourself.
I have no such expectations.

If people wish to investigate, I simply explain how it can be done, but it's not a requirement.
But you asked a specific question, so you got a specific answer. If you want more info, you need to ask for more info.

It seems fairly clear that if the site owner wanted mods to be selected by vote he would have mods selected by vote. This "fake it till you make it" stuff is unlikely to convince him.
You listed four people, that's like a third of the active user base.
The site owner regularly requests feedback, so it's not entirely pointless to make suggestions.
Whether he takes the advice is up to him.

Maybe before you go creating a police force you should fix the problem that the law book is unclear, then mods would have less room for inequitable treatment and more protection from criticism.
One step at a time.

ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I have no such expectations.

If people wish to investigate, I simply explain how it can be done, but it's not a requirement.
But you asked a specific question, so you got a specific answer. If you want more info, you need to ask for more info.
In that case I will follow the golden rule, and assume I already know everything I need to know about you.

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
I'm not here to convince you of anything, except that not making these four moderators is a missed opportunity.
Speculation about the details regarding my ban are pointless, as the evidence is your word versus mine.
n8nrgim
n8nrgim
to offer a contrary position, i think we should have a lot less moderation. at least from where i sit, any activity is good activity. it's amusing and stimulates discussion. the only thing that should be banned is anything that could be viewed as illegal. for example, excessive harassment and threats of harm would be illegal. 
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@n8nrgim
I certainly think that's an interesting position.

But I'm not sure any activity is good activity. If we assume Mike's intent is to grow the site, then banning racial slurs would have to be enforceable, me thinks.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
Your posts are consistently fire in the DART section.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@RationalMadman
I think you meant to tag me.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@RationalMadman
Knowing how much you missed me, you were probably grateful it was only a 2 week vacation.
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@ADreamOfLiberty
@Sir.Lancelot
I wholeheartedly agree!!!!

As I see it now, knowing the behavior and attitude of the four mentioned, there will most certainly be some inequitable treatment of some members, me included. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Sir.Lancelot
I merely find it hilarious. I did far less than you and got longer bans before as have others. You are the worst active member here in rule violations, you broke so many and yet only a 2 week ban. xD

If it were up to me, you would be permanently banned. Stop this 'act' you get nothing from this 'act' other than proving what kind of individual you are to toy with your victim saying 'we are friends'.

I actually saw bullies like this growing up and know of this technique, they literally would go up to their victims smiling and acting like 'friends'. I never understood why the victims played along with it, they got treated worse as the timid friend than they'd have been as a genuine victim that just avoided them and isolated themselves.

I am not your friend. You are the single member I dislike most on here. Wear it as a badge of honour.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Best.Korea
I propose RM to be made moderator. He was on the site for a very long time and contributed a lot to site's activity.
I would love to see that argued as a counter plan in the debate.

Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
-->
@Barney
There is not much to argue. Current list is missing the point. It missed its own stated point.

Athias is not online often enough. SkepticalOne is not online often enough.

Making them mods wouldnt help much, if we seek actual mod activity.

That only leaves Greyparrot and Savant, with Savant being less active user.

In terms of presence on site, RM beats them all by far.

List of new mods counts activity. RM is most consistent in presence. He was consistently active for years. Thats why list should include RM.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm sure you won't find the terms of this truce unreasonable.

Since you tend to be fairly straightforward and direct, I'll just be blunt without the rudeness as you might appreciate this style of communication.

Let's be clear about what it is I am not doing.: I am not trying to make amends, I am not trying to apologize to you, I am not seeking your trust, or your forgiveness. I feel no remorse for how I treated you and I meant every word I said.

Admitting that my own actions are what got me banned doesn't mean I feel guilty, just that I'm at fault for what happened. I broke the rules and I was punished, simple as that. The vote-bombing is a separate issue and it's neither my fault nor my problem. It's not something I arranged.

The truce doesn't require us to be friends or allies. We can hate each other and still tolerate each other. It is only a mutual agreement to be civil.
Literally that simple.
I don't care about being banned, I made that pretty clear 2 weeks ago. If I wanted to continue being hostile when I returned, I would've just kept shit-talking and bullying you.

I've simply moved on from this feud honestly. It's boring and pointless. We can perpetuate it as long as you want to, but I really have no intention or desire of doing so.

I mean I get that you're probably frothing at the mouth wanting to shit-talk me, but seriously ask yourself if you find this drama as cringey and lame as I do.

I may have started a lot of this shit, but I'm calling it off now.
It's over.
I will not acknowledge you, I will not respond to you, I will not even type your name. There will be no debates between us.
Until this concept is crystal clear to you, then you can fight your one-sided war against me and deal with your misery and self-dissatisfaction alone.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
-->
@TWS1405_2
I wholeheartedly agree!!!!

As I see it now, knowing the behavior and attitude of the four mentioned, there will most certainly be some inequitable treatment of some members, me included. 

Actually, you should reconsider this point as you might find yourself siding with me on this once we discuss why.
ADreamOfLiberty
ADreamOfLiberty
I just realized you capitalized the"Task Force". Holy shit, it's a proper noun. The 10 of us (5 mostly) are going to have a Task Force among us.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Losing essentially 200 rating and being degraded verbally means I am the side of the war that is aggrieved and had to fight it.

You were never ever wronged by me in any sort of unprovoked manner so naturally you can have the truce as you are the instigator and villain in every single sense.

I lost rating, was too afraid to start rated debates due to it, was insulted and degraded months ago through to now by you first for being autistic and awkward and later for apparently being evil and some other shit, the whole time gaslighting me about it being abusive only in my head and framing me as the abuser.

I am glad you agree to cease the BS but I am owed rating and an apology that someone of your psyche will never give either of despite all you did to me. The site owner is too lazy to tweak the wrongful losses and out me top 3 where I literally belong rn. The mods seem to be mechanically unable to.

Now shut up and stay the absolute fuck away from me, lancey boy. Glad you learned to.
Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Losing essentially 200 rating and being degraded verbally means I am the side of the war that is aggrieved and had to fight it.

You were never ever wronged by me in any sort of unprovoked manner so naturally you can have the truce as you are the instigator and villain in every single sense.

I lost rating, was too afraid to start rated debates due to it, was insulted and degraded months ago through to now by you first for being autistic and awkward and later for apparently being evil and some other shit, the whole time gaslighting me about it being abusive only in my head and framing me as the abuser.

I am glad you agree to cease the BS but I am owed rating and an apology that someone of your psyche will never give either of despite all you did to me. The site owner is too lazy to tweak the wrongful losses and out me top 3 where I literally belong rn. The mods seem to be mechanically unable to.

Now shut up and stay the absolute fuck away from me, lancey boy. Glad you learned to.
No, you fucking pussy.

You aren't the side that was wronged, even if you try to spin it that way. You're a timid little coward that requires the mods to defend you because you're incapable of protecting yourself every-time you start shit. The definition of a beta male.
I'm not a villain and you're not a victim. What you are is a self-loathing failure. I'd tell you to find something you're good at, but you suck at everything, so looks like that ship has sailed.

That's probably why you targeted Slainte. Because he and everyone else here detected your bitch vibes. You had it coming every-time I attacked you, so don't act like you're anyone special.
You're special, but you're not exceptional.

You've attempted to make claims about having a high IQ, but it's transparent to everyone here you're too intellectually impaired to be semi-competent at anything. If anyone was as cognitively underdeveloped as you, they might have self esteem issues too.

When you come to terms with reality, you'll realize you're just as worthless as everyone thinks you are.
It's cringey as fuck that you call yourself a rapper when your flow and rhymes are trash. Probably why the whole site laughs at you.

You are pretty good at slacking at and conceding debates because most subject matter is too complex for you.
Congrats!

Sir.Lancelot
Sir.Lancelot
Imagine vote-bombing and then crying you got vote-bombed. 😂

The fact that you think I was involved with whatever happened to you is hilarious.
I'm not the only person who dislikes you, you're pretty much hated here and everywhere you go. So stop thinking I'm responsible every-time something doesn't go your way.

You decided to fuck around and you quickly found out.
Blame no one but yourself, you hypocritical bitch.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Lasted a day I see :)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You have yet to show my attacks on slainte, despite being asked multiple times to catalogue the harassment.

The mask is slipping btw, your victim or hero narrative won't hold up for long. It is clear to anyone who the abuser and villain is between us.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
There is a reason you needed votebombs from many accounts across 3 different debates just to avoid losses against me, 3 in a row even.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
As for the 'beta male' remark, I'll bite. I know it's bait but I'll bite.

I am more sigma male than alpha male if I need to ascribe to those labels. That said, a real alpha male needn't break others down to feel good about himself, he needn't use alts to abuse someone into losses, even if he got someone else to do it, while playing the victim the whole time. He also needn't offer a truce he has 0 intention to be true to or be a fake friend.

A real 'alpha' is just up front and confident enough that he can take an L even against someone who in his own opinion votebombed him. You had 3-4 genuine Ls that you got others to 'save' you from, 3 were with explicit votebombs and that's only in the past month or whatever. You can't stand the exact aura you call 'beta' because it isn't and you resent how confident I am.