Racist UK Government to Ban Eating Dog Meat

Author: Stephen

Total: 102
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@Plisken
I'm not sure,what you mean but scepticism is the default position.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I'm thinking about opening    (  Animal Murder Town  )
It has a  (  DOGGY DINING DISTRICT  )  you got  daily ( kitten kicking competitions ) and ( Cut the tails of the donkeys ) for the kids.
 We got The old favorites like ( Elpaca whacker )  ( Duck Hunt ) 
And  new this year, the meag popular (  Puffin Punching ) 
Along with the ( Watch the headless animal go show )
And heaps more.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Weasel stomping day?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@secularmerlin
Panda pounding. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Llama launchers?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Boiling hot water lobster swimming.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Boiling hot water lobster swimming.
That's just how we cook them.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Plisken
Why is this in the religion forum?  

Because it has to do with "religious" privilege over another culture. As explained in the OP
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@secularmerlin
Cultural zoning is a TERRIBLE idea.   You're talking ghettos and internal borders, restricting where people can live and work and building 'us and them' mentality into into the system.   It's called apartheid.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@keithprosser
That's certainly a fine response, though what I am referring to is the ability of cultures to adapt, and perhaps change the map, but mainly to the end of having enough autonomy to form a more relevant legal system within the country.  Equal recognition of rights, and potentially (likely) more legal clout than self segregation which of course would be even more so than apartheid.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Plisken
If I had my way there woudn't even be countries!
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
If I had my way there woudn't even be countries!

Keith, there are "divisions" in all walks and aspects of life. No matter where you live. It is natural. Within a  Country there are divisions by political preference. Schools are divided by religious preference and those schools are again divided into sporting houses. People prefer different things to others that create division. Some people like cricket while others wouldn't be seen dead a Lord's, Edgbaston or The Oval. A blues fan wouldn't be seen dead in a Liverpool shirt. I could go on but I am not going to waste my time arguing the bleedin' obvious.
So forget your wishful thinking , civilisations have been divided since day one, and wishing is for children
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
It's cultural not religious. Like the French eating horse meat.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
It's cultural not religious. Like the French eating horse meat.

Exactly my point ya,  Witch. Government are pandering to an idea and not equally to a culture. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
It's a "religion" thing
Then why post this in the OP or this topic in the religion forum. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
because A  RELIGIOUS IDEA!!!!!!!!!!! is being favoured and given PREFERENCE!!!!!! over THE CULTURE OF A RACE!!!!!! even though the religious IDEA preferenced and favoured is breaking British law. I .E  my GOVERNMENT IS PANDERING to ISLAM EVEN AT THE COST OF ALLOWING AN IDEA TO BREAK THE LAWS OF THE LAND whilst they are about to ban and CRIMINALISE a traditional custom of a WHOLE race of people.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
The Islamic form of slaughtering animals or poultry, dhabiha, involves killing through a cut to the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe. 
This type of slaughter is outlawed in the U.K . 

From the OP. Which is it . Legal or not. And Kosher is done the same way. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
From the OP. Which is it . Legal or not. 

Can't you FKN read? It says it is OUTLAWED

The Islamic form of slaughtering animals ............This type of slaughter is outlawed in the U.K . 
Which means IT IS ILLEGAL!!!!!

outlaw
/ˈaʊtlɔː/
verb
past tense: outlawed; past participle: outlawed
  1. ban or make illegal.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
So what favor is religion getting. I can't imagine you are this stupid. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So what favor is religion getting. I can't imagine you are this stupid. 

Stop being so bloody ignorant and bloody damn minded. 
Islam/ MUSLIMS are being allowed to break British law because government are afraid of upsetting muslims. Halal meat is sold in stores all over Britain now without a single prosecution. Slitting the throats of animals and letting them bleed to death IS OUTLAWED IN THIS COUNTRY!!!! 

HALAL meat is the Islamic form of slaughtering animals or poultry, dhabiha, involves killing through a cut to the jugular vein, carotid artery and windpipe  AND LETTING THE ANIMAL BLEED TO DEATH!!!!

This is where the preference and favouritism of an "religious" idea is being preferred over the traditions and culture over a whole race. This is simply racism. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
 my GOVERNMENT IS PANDERING to ISLAM EVEN AT THE COST OF ALLOWING AN IDEA TO BREAK THE LAWS OF THE LAND whilst they are about to ban and CRIMINALISE a traditional custom of a WHOLE race of people.

Halal and Kosher slaughter is totally legal and subject to government regulation.

There is no 'nice' way to slaughter an animal.  Halal and Kosher slaughter was arguably more humane than other methods.   The key word is was.  A big problem with religion is that it tends to sets in stone what might have been a good idea a hundred or thousand years ago.

I have been in slaughterhouses as part my work - the company made the machinery.   Modern mechanised killing is possibly quicker and more painless than halal, but not by much.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
But we are talking the law.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Stephen
So the UK has a law but lets it get broken? On the other hand you an eat dogs and cows. I fail to see why you are so outraged other than you think Muslim might be getting something over on you. Jews too since they eat Kosher which is the same method of butchering. Guess you have to be a UK atheist to get it. And it's not so much racism as white morons think dogs should be treated special. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Halal and Kosher slaughter is totally legal and subject to government regulation.
Seems someone is lying. OP or keith or knows. 

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I would assume, that the site Keith provided is an intuitive guide for ordinary people to navigate a general religious boundary/exemption, not necessarily a privilege for Jewish people and Muslims.  That's how it would be done here in the states.  The UK law is different in general though.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Plisken
Most places in the US don't have restrictions at all. I don't have to apply for a license to butcher the animals I am raising or hunt. I imagine most of the laws that do exist revolve around slaughter for sale. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
The UK is a bit behind some countries in allowing unstunned slaughter for religious purposes.

Muslims are generally ok with pre-stunning (jews are not)and most animals for halal meat are stunned before being cut nd bled.

I suspect that in the current climate any change to the law will be politicised so i dont expect it.

Plisken
Plisken
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
  • "it must take place in a slaughterhouse (abattoir) approved by the Food Standards Agency (FSA)"
Yeah, this is unAmerican on multiple levels.  I think the best way to slaughter animals will always be to hunt them in line with a management program honestly.   For animal abuse I think of legal grounds for the sake of intervention, but for killing them anything short of a spear through the lungs should be legal, but the slaughter houses should be regulated.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Plisken
More so than slaughter because almost anyone tries to do it quickly is how they are raised. The food industry treats them like crap all their life but as long as they die nice. It's because people are so unattached to the slaughter anymore. It's hard to kill animals you raise even if raised for food. When you are involved in the whole process food, meat or garden stuff, is different than going to the market and just picking it up and paying for it. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
So the UK has a law but lets it get broken?

MYYYYYYYYYYYYYY You do catch on quick.

On the other hand you an eat dogs and cows.

No,  the ban is/ will be against eating dog meat, a tradition that has been practiced for thousands of years by far eastern Asians. Learn to read

I fail to see why you are so outraged other than you think Muslim might be getting something over on you.

Yes you have shown how you fail to read and take in simple sentences on many occasions, ya Witch. 

Being allowed to break the law is not getting one over on me you silly clown. It is allowing someones idea to break the law out of fear while outlawing another traditional practiced by  a whole race. Islam is not a race you buffoon,
And it's not so much racism as white morons think dogs should be treated special. 

No, this particular WHITE person  thinks people should treated equally under the law. And that the law shouldn't pander out of fear to a idea especially a bad idea like Islam. And can I suggest you keep your racist comments and opinions to yourself.