Democrat Voters Think Donald Trump Arrest Is 'Election Interference'

Author: Greyparrot

Total: 65
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
A majority of Democrat voters who backed President Joe Biden in 2020 think the investigations and criminal indictments against Donald Trump constitute "an interference in the 2024 presidential election," according to a new poll conducted exclusively for Newsweek.

The Redfield & Wilton Strategies survey reveals a majority in every age group, gender and geographic location, except for the Northeast, think Trump's ongoing legal difficulties constitute election interference in a major boost to the Republican frontrunner.

On Thursday, Trump was arrested and then released on a $200,000 bond over claims he broke the law attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election result in Georgia. The former president has strongly denied any wrongdoing, claiming the allegations against him are a "witch hunt" and "election interference."

I'd like to hear from Democrats on this site if they agree with the Democrats polled by Newsweek.
Best.Korea
Debates: 272
Best.Korea
Of course it is. Thats the whole point of arresting him. I oppose to arresting Trump for other reasons.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
Because he shook the NK leader's hand?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah mainly that. Plus, arresting him could drive US to civil war. That would make Putin smile.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
US is already in the Pre- Civil War phase.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
It can still be stopped. But hey, at least the gun rights allow every idiot to buy a gun. Now you have 200 million angry idiots with guns. So yes, it doesnt look well for you.
FLRW
Debates: 0
FLRW

Democrat Voters Think, Lock Him Up, Lock Him Up, Lock Him Up!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
The Redfield & Wilton Strategies survey reveals a majority in every age group, gender and geographic location, except for the Northeast, think Trump's ongoing legal difficulties constitute election interference in a major boost to the Republican frontrunner.
I will take a wild guess and say you are in the small portion of Democrats in the North East according to the poll.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

I'm only talking about the Smart Democrats.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot
On November 8–9, 1923, Adolf Hitler and the Nazi Party led a coalition group in an attempt to overthrow the German government. This attempted coup d'état came to be known as the Beer Hall Putsch.
They began at the Bürgerbräu Keller, a beer hall in the Bavarian city of Munich. Hitler and the Nazi Party aimed to seize control of the state government, march on Berlin, and overthrow the German federal government. They sought to establish a new government to oversee the creation of a unified Greater German Reich. In this new government, citizenship would be based on race.
The putsch failed and Bavarian authorities prosecuted nine participants, including Hitler. Despite its failure, the leaders ultimately redefined the putsch as a heroic effort to save the nation.

Do you see the similarity to Jan 6th ?   You know Trump got the idea from reading Mein Kampf.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
I'm only talking about the Smart Democrats.
So California Democrats are not smart? OK.

You know Trump got the idea from reading Mein Kampf.
And I guess Biden got the idea from the Night of Long Knives on how to eliminate political opponents.

Smart analysis for sure.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Neo-Nazi says he's emboldened by Trump
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
and Bavarian authorities prosecuted nine participants, including Hitler.
Maybe we should have learned from History what can happen when you jail political opposition....

A Neo-Nazi says he's emboldened by Trump...
In a country of 340 million, it's acceptable to have a single crazy person.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Remember that the voters eliminated Trump in both elections.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Remember that the voters eliminated Trump in both elections.
So why create a modern day Hitler (political martyr) if all elections are legitimate? Why eliminate political opposition through the courts if the voting system is secure and works?

Unless it actually doesn't work...
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

OMG, you are saying we should have another Holocaust ?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Lol, OMG! Thanks again Cathy Newman.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Adolf Hitler's popularity increased SUBSTANTIALLY after he was imprisoned following his failed coup attempt known as the Beer Hall Putsch in 1923.

Hitler's time in prison provided him with a platform to propagate his ideologies and gain more widespread attention. During his imprisonment, he wrote his autobiographical manifesto "Mein Kampf," which outlined his political beliefs, antisemitic views, and plans for Germany's future.

Hitler's trial and imprisonment received significant media coverage, which brought his ideas to a broader audience. This allowed him to disseminate his extremist nationalist and anti-Semitic ideologies to a wider segment of the population.
Hitler used his imprisonment to paint himself as a martyr for his cause. He presented the failed coup as a noble attempt to save Germany and blamed its failure on the political establishment and perceived enemies of the nation.
Hitler's charisma and oratory skills were evident during his trial and imprisonment. His speeches and writings resonated with certain segments of the population, attracting supporters who felt disillusioned by the Weimar Republic and its perceived weaknesses.
Hitler's time in prison allowed him to further radicalize his followers and solidify his political movement. His writings and ideas attracted like-minded individuals who became increasingly dedicated to his cause.
Germany was undergoing significant economic challenges and political instability during this time. Many people were looking for strong leadership and solutions to the country's problems, which Hitler promised through his nationalist and authoritarian agenda.

Why on earth are you Okay with creating a second "Hitler" by creating a political Martyr?
If Weimar Germany simply ignored Hitler (a practical nobody before his imprisonment, less relevant than the Qanon Shaman...) and fixed the country instead of fighting for petty political power, we would never have had WW2...
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Greyparrot
Its usually not a good idea to make your political opponent look like a victim. In most cases, people side with victims. There is no political disadvantage in being victim unless you fuck up later. Of course, imprisoning Trump would make him the ultimate eternal victim that would justify all the fuck ups he does in case of civil war.

I noticed that the biggest disadvantage you can have in politics is not having an opposition that looks bad and makes you look good even when you fuck up.

Or to put it nicely: "I am bad, but they are worse" is the ultimate political position to have.

Imprisoning Trump would make his opposition look so bad that whatever Trump does next would look good.

I said before, there is no real disadvantage for US in letting Trump run in 2024, compared to imprisoning him.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Well, that is a picture of you at a Hitler Youth Camp, right?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW
Well, that is a picture of you at a Hitler Youth Camp, right?
It's really hard to argue ideas when you are busy attacking people personally. Facebook is >>>>that away>>>>
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
I said before, there is no real disadvantage for US in letting Trump run in 2024, compared to imprisoning him.
Absolutely, and beyond that, ignoring him on corporate media is the surest way to get rid of Trump and his ideas.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Greyparrot

Why do you hate Jews? My great cousin was Albert Einstein.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@FLRW

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
I'd like to hear from Democrats on this site if they agree with the Democrats polled by Newsweek.
It wasn't a newsweek poll. It is reportedly a Redfield & Wilton Strategies survey. However, I can't seem to find what survey the article is talking about. The link in the article just goes to their main website, and I can't seem to find any poll results on this topic on their website. 

Are you able to find the poll they are talking about? If not, there really isn't much point in discussing a non existent poll. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
@HistoryBuff

You shouldnt do so much research. In 99% of cases I dont even click on links here.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Obviously democrats removed the poll because it makes them look bad.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Best.Korea
You shouldnt do so much research. In 99% of cases I dont even click on links here.
that is a very fair point. But i'm curious what question they asked. It was probably something like "do you think trump's arrest makes it harder to run for president" and they went "see!! 100% of people think it's election interference!!!" when that is not at all what they asked.

Obviously democrats removed the poll because it makes them look bad.
I mean, i don't see any other news outlet talking about it nor the poll itself. It's not impossible they made it up. 

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Greyparrot
@FLRW
OMG, you are saying we should have another Holocaust ?
Please explain how you came to this conclusion using this response:

Greyparrot Post #16:
So why create a modern day Hitler (political martyr) if all elections are legitimate? Why eliminate political opposition through the courts if the voting system is secure and works?

Unless it actually doesn't work...

Why do you hate Jews? My great cousin was Albert Einstein.
Why are you imputing Greyparrot by using argumentum ad hominem in place of a substantiated counterargument? Can you not do better?