Everything about Buddhism

Author: Critical-Tim

Total: 136
Critical-Tim
Debates: 3
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
2. When Jesus died, and as the only true God of the universe where how could this happen in the first place, a factual and real sacrifice is that you remain DEAD, period, where one does NOT come back to life three days later! As an example, a true sacrifice is when USA soldiers remained dead after they gave their lives to protect the United States of America in WW2!
I don't know what your asking, but for being a all powerful and supernatural deity, I don't think it's absurd that he can make an ultimate sacrifice by dying and coming back.

“Suffering comes for lots of reasons. One is stupidity. And surely we should avoid that kind of suffering.”
Regarding question three, I don't see any problem. It is widely known that those who are unaware of how to avoid suffering will stumble into it more often.

If I one is stupid, and never learns their dog chases squirrels, they will never know to grab the leash tightly when passing a squirrel. This will inevitably cause them to suffer from unpleasant experiences due to stupidity.

What were you trying to pointing out?
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical-Tim,

1. Furthermore, don't forget to address Tradesecret as a "FEMALE" as shown in this lin under her gender: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEGZNA4. Therefore, "she" is not even supposed to be on this forum as a female to begin with in teaching or to exercise the authority over the superior man, so saith our God Jesus' inspired words herewith: "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent." (1 Timothy 2:11)
YOUR IDIOT RESPONSE TO MY QUOTE ABOVE:  "Perhaps it relative to the time and culture, and perhaps not. It could mean that a true Christian women should refrain from teaching, but I didnt see anywhere that tells men to stop women from preaching; it might have been implicit."

WTF did you just say?!!!   Then in your pathetic thinking, if women are not to teach and just STFU  in that time and culture only, then we're not to follow the Ten Commandments, love our serial killer God, forgive others, to love your enemies, and ask forgiveness of our sins, etc., because these entities were only to be followed  in the Bible time and culture ONLY?!   ROFLOL!!

Learn this Jesus inspired passage relative to your Bible Duncery®️ quote above: The sum of your word is TRUTH, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.” (Pslam 119:160) 

How Bible stupid are you going to get in this discussion?  

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical-Tim,

YOUR LITTLE PANSY ASS QUOTE:  "I don't believe you are giving a positive Christian experience for those that don't believe in the Christian God, perhaps even pushing some away. What do you think?"

WHAT?  Listen up Bible fool, if anyone doesn't believe in my Christian serial killer God of innocent children, and such, at the onset, then we don't want them in the fold of the faith to begin with because it takes balls and guts to be a Christian in the 21st  century subsequent to reading ALL OF THE SCRIPTURES, do you understand candy-ass Critical-Tim?  

Case in point to your outright Bible STUPIDITY is a few examples of MANY that the TRUE Christian like myself have to accept:

BEATING YOUR CHILDREN:
”Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou BEATEST him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt BEAT HIM with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs.23:13-14)

SELLING YOUR DAUGHTER INTO SLAVERY:
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.” (Exodus 21:7)

MURDERING YOUR CHILDREN THAT CURSE YOU AS A PARENT:
JESUS AS GOD SAID: “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?  For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.  (Matthew 15: 3-4)

TRUE CHRISTIAN OFFSPRING HAVE TO HATE THEIR PARENTS TO BE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS:
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)

Then you have the audacity to state that I am pushing people away from Christianity, if anything is doing this, it would be the Bible as shown above you ignorant Bible fool!  LOL!  You are becoming as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret!

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical-Tim,

YOUR QUOTE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO COMPREHEND SIMPLE ENGLISH TO THE QUESTIONS POSED TO YOU: "What were you trying to pointing out?"

I don't have time to school your English ignorance where you are trying to decipher what was SIMPLY posed to you, understand?  Therefore, to not make you the greater fool in this esteemed Religion Forum, I suggest that you take an English Reading Comprehension Class before you stumble all over yourself again in front of the membership, okay?  Good.

Here is an online Reading Comprehension Class at a Grade School level for you to take:

You can thank me later.

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

TO THE PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN MEMBERSHIP:

Can anyone take this discussion over from the Bible Stupid fool Critical-Tim while he is taking an online Reading Comprehension Class?  His outright Bible ineptness is equal to the #1 Bible Fool Miss Tradesecret, which yes, this is hard to believe!
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple." (Luke 14:26)

I researched the verse to verify your words:
This is a verse from the Gospel of Luke, where Jesus is teaching about the cost of being his disciple. He says:
“If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple."

This verse may seem shocking or confusing at first, but the key to understanding this verse is to realize that Jesus is using a figure of speech called hyperbole. Hyperbole is when you exaggerate something to make a point or emphasize a contrast. For example, if you say “I’m so hungry I could eat a horse”, you don’t literally mean that you want to eat a horse. You are just expressing how hungry you are.

In the same way, Jesus is not literally asking us to hate our family and ourselves. He is using hyperbole to show how much we should love him and follow him. He is saying that our love for him should be so great that compared to it, our love for anyone else, even our closest relatives and ourselves, would seem like hate. He is also saying that we should be willing to give up anything that might hinder us from following him, even if it means leaving behind our family or our own life.

Jesus is not contradicting his own commandment to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. He is actually fulfilling it by showing us the ultimate example of love: laying down his life for us on the cross. He is inviting us to share in his love and his mission by being his disciples. He is also warning us that being his disciple will not be easy or comfortable. It will require sacrifice, commitment, and obedience. It will mean carrying our own cross and following him.

Ephesians 6:1-3 - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother—which is the first commandment with a promise—so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." This verse shows us that God wants us to respect and obey our parents, and that He will bless us if we do so.

Proverbs 15:20 - "A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother." This verse teaches us that wisdom and folly have different effects on our parents. Wisdom makes them happy, but folly makes them sad. We should seek to be wise and not foolish.

Luke 18:16 - "But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.’" This verse reveals how much Jesus loves children and values their faith. He welcomes them and blesses them. We should also love and care for children as Jesus does.

1 John 4:7-8 - "Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." This verse explains the source and nature of love. Love comes from God, who is love Himself. If we love others, we show that we belong to God and know Him. If we do not love others, we show that we do not know God or His love.

Romans 12:10 - "Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." This verse instructs us how to love one another in the family of God. We should be loyal, faithful, and committed to each other. We should also honor and respect each other, putting their interests above our own.

Therefore, when we love God, we should also hate what He hates and love what He loves. We should hate sin and evil in ourselves and in the world, because they separate us from God and harm others. We should love righteousness and goodness in ourselves and in the world, because they please God and bless others. We should also love our neighbors as ourselves, because they are made in God’s image and need His grace. We should show them compassion, kindness, forgiveness, and generosity, as God has shown us.

However, loving our neighbors does not mean that we should compromise with their sin or condone their evil. We should also speak the truth in love to them and warn them of the consequences of their choices. We should pray for them and seek their salvation, but we should not join them in their rebellion or support their wickedness. We should be salt and light in the world, not sugar or darkness.

In summary, God wants us to love others rather than hate them, but we need to understand what love and hate mean in the Bible. Love is not a sentimental feeling or a blind acceptance of everything. Love is a choice to favor someone according to God’s will and for their good. Hate is not a malicious emotion or a violent rejection of everything. Hate is a choice to disfavor someone according to God’s will and for their judgment. To love God is to hate what He hates and love what He loves.

What do you think?
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
YOUR QUOTE OF NOT BEING ABLE TO COMPREHEND SIMPLE ENGLISH TO THE QUESTIONS POSED TO YOU: "What were you trying to pointing out?"

I don't have time to school your English ignorance where you are trying to decipher what was SIMPLY posed to you, understand?  Therefore, to not make you the greater fool in this esteemed Religion Forum, I suggest that you take an English Reading Comprehension Class before you stumble all over yourself again in front of the membership, okay?  Good.
I don't think you have a point to make. Your character to this point has shown you take pleasure in pointing out others' flaws, so there's no reason you would have avoided taking pleasure in plainly addressing my blindness.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
1. Furthermore, don't forget to address Tradesecret as a "FEMALE" as shown in this lin under her gender: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEGZNA4. Therefore, "she" is not even supposed to be on this forum as a female to begin with in teaching or to exercise the authority over the superior man, so saith our God Jesus' inspired words herewith: "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent." (1 Timothy 2:11)

YOUR IDIOT RESPONSE TO MY QUOTE ABOVE:  "Perhaps it relative to the time and culture, and perhaps not. It could mean that a true Christian women should refrain from teaching, but I didnt see anywhere that tells men to stop women from preaching; it might have been implicit."

WTF did you just say?!!!   Then in your pathetic thinking, if women are not to teach and just STFU  in that time and culture only, then we're not to follow the Ten Commandments, love our serial killer God, forgive others, to love your enemies, and ask forgiveness of our sins, etc., because these entities were only to be followed  in the Bible time and culture ONLY?!   ROFLOL!!
You still haven't explained why there were many women, although fewer than men, who spoke God's word in the Bible, such as the few I listed in comment 29.
Do you have an explanation?
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical-Tim,

YOUR QUOTE ABOVE WHERE YOU SAY YOU KNOW MORE THAN JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS:  "This verse may seem shocking or confusing at first, but the key to understanding this verse is to realize that Jesus is using a figure of speech called hyperbole."

WRONG! Jesus said what He did in a direct way, no hyperbole accepted! Where in the hell do you get the authority to "try" and change the DIRECT WORDS of Jesus the Christ?!   Answer this very simple question!  

BEGIN:

Okay, I get it, you want to be Bible Dumber®️ than Miss Tradesecret!  What your Bible ignorance and Satanic rewrites doesn't understand is the FACT that if you are going to try and 'RE-INTERPRET" Jesus' inspired direct words, then the following passages come into effect:

“EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (Luke 11:28)

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

You are guilty of this godly passage: Jesus replied, You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures." (Matthew 22:29)

CRITICAL-TIM, YOU ARE NOW ON RECORD WITHIN THIS PRESTIGIOUS RELIGION FORUM WHERE YOU ARE CALLING JESUS A "LIAR" TO HIS DIRECT WRITTEN WORDS WITHIN THE BIBLE, CONGRATULATIONS BIBLE DUMB ASS!

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical-Tim,

YOUR RAMBLING AND INCOHERENT QUOTE AGAIN:  "I don't think you have a point to make. Your character to this point has shown you take pleasure in pointing out others' flaws, so there's no reason you would have avoided taking pleasure in plainly addressing my blindness.

Simply put for your inept mind, what part of this post to you didn't you understand?

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
This verse may seem shocking or confusing at first, but the key to understanding this verse is to realize that Jesus is using a figure of speech called hyperbole.
WRONG! Jesus said what He did in a direct way, no hyperbole accepted! Where in the hell do you get the authority to "try" and change the DIRECT WORDS of Jesus the Christ?!   Answer this very simple question!  
Do you then believe the Bible is in contradiction, invalidating its legitimacy?
How do you reconcile your stance given the verses I provided in comment 36?

I believe it is not absurd to believe God's words were not always literal.
The Bible is full of stories and passages that show God’s wit, irony, sarcasm, and creativity.
Here are some of the examples that I found:

Job and his friends (Job 38-42): God used rhetorical questions to challenge Job and his friends, who had been debating about the cause and meaning of Job’s suffering. God asked Job over 70 questions about the creation and operation of the universe, such as "Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?" or "Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?" These questions exposed the ignorance and arrogance of Job and his friends, who had been speaking without knowledge or reverence. God also mocked Job’s friends for their false accusations and bad advice, saying "Who is this that darkens my counsel with words without knowledge?" or "Will you condemn me to justify yourself?" God’s rhetorical questions humbled Job and his friends and taught them to trust in His wisdom and sovereignty.

Nathan and David (2 Samuel 12:1-15): God used a parable to confront David, who had committed adultery with Bathsheba and murdered her husband Uriah. God sent Nathan, a prophet, to tell David a story about a rich man who stole a poor man’s only lamb and killed it for his guest. David was outraged by the story and said “The man who did this deserves to die!” Then Nathan said to David “You are the man!” Nathan revealed that the story was a metaphor for David’s sin and announced God’s judgment on him. God’s parable exposed David’s hypocrisy and guilt and led him to repentance.

Ezekiel and the dry bones (Ezekiel 37:1-14): God used a vision to inspire Ezekiel, who was among the exiles in Babylon. God showed Ezekiel a valley full of dry bones and asked him “Son of man, can these bones live?” Ezekiel answered “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.” Then God told Ezekiel to prophesy to the bones and say “I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.” As Ezekiel prophesied, the bones came together, flesh covered them, and breath entered them. They became a vast army. God explained that the bones represented the people of Israel, who had lost hope in their exile. God promised to restore them and bring them back to their land. God’s vision encouraged Ezekiel and his fellow exiles and showed them His power and faithfulness.

In essence, I believe that my stance seems to take more of God's words into account.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
3. MISS TRADESECRET’S QUOTE IN A ROUND ABOUT WAY MENTIONING HER BIBLE STUPIDITY: “Suffering comes for lots of reasons. One is stupidity. And surely we should avoid that kind of suffering.”
I don't think you have a point to make. Your character to this point has shown you take pleasure in pointing out others' flaws, so there's no reason you would have avoided taking pleasure in plainly addressing my blindness.
Simply put for your inept mind, what part of this post to you didn't you understand?
What part of the original comment was stupid: “Suffering comes for lots of reasons. One is stupidity. And surely we should avoid that kind of suffering.”

If anything, it was blatantly irrefutable given my further proof in comment 31 reposted below.

Regarding question three, I don't see any problem. It is widely known that those who are unaware of how to avoid suffering will stumble into it more often.

If I one is stupid, and never learns their dog chases squirrels, they will never know to grab the leash tightly when passing a squirrel. This will inevitably cause them to suffer from unpleasant experiences due to stupidity.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
One possible proof that Jesus and God are not always literal with their words is the use of parables in the Bible. Parables are stories that illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson, but they are not meant to be taken literally. They use figurative language, such as metaphors, similes, and hyperbole, to convey a deeper meaning. Jesus often used parables to teach his followers and to challenge his opponents. For example, in Matthew 13:3-9, Jesus tells the parable of the sower, who sows seeds on different types of soil. The seeds represent the word of God, and the soil represents the hearts of the people who hear it. Some people are like the rocky or thorny soil, who do not receive or keep the word of God. Others are like the good soil, who produce fruit by obeying and spreading the word of God. This parable is not a literal description of farming, but a symbolic representation of how people respond to God’s message.

Another example of a parable is in Luke 15:11-32, where Jesus tells the story of the prodigal son. The son asks his father for his share of the inheritance and leaves home to squander it on sinful living. He ends up in poverty and misery, and decides to return to his father and ask for forgiveness. The father welcomes him back with joy and celebrates his return. Meanwhile, the older son, who stayed faithful to his father, becomes angry and jealous. He refuses to join the celebration and complains that his father never rewarded him for his obedience. The father tells him that he loves both sons equally and that he should rejoice that his brother was lost and is found. This parable is not a literal account of a family dispute, but an allegory of God’s grace and mercy towards sinners who repent, and his call for righteous people to be compassionate and forgiving.

These are some examples of how Jesus and God used parables to communicate their message in a non-literal way. Parables are a common feature of many religions and cultures, and they are a powerful way of teaching through stories. However, they require interpretation and understanding, and they cannot be taken at face value. Therefore, we can conclude that not all the words of Jesus and God are meant to be taken literally, but sometimes they use figurative language to express a deeper truth.

Do you still believe that all God’s words are irrefutably literal and not expressing a deeper meaning, and why?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Critical-Tim
I would suggest that a GOD would be omni-sensible, omni-logical and therefore omni-literal.

No sub-text as it were.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@zedvictor4
When you say you would suggest that a God is omni-literal, do you mean always literal?
Additionally, do you think that my explanation in comments 36 and 41 is sufficient in proving the Christian God is not always literal?
Finally, what do you believe as a result of correlating the answers of these two questions?

I'm just trying to get a better grasp of your thoughts.
Best.Korea
Debates: 273
Best.Korea
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
You 

Cannot

Use

Insults

On

This 

Site.

Is it really so hard to give up on insults?
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Best.Korea
@Critical-Tim

Best.Korea,

YOUR NEEDLESS DUMBFOUNDED QUOTE:   "Is it really so hard to give up on insults?"

Is it really so hard for you to not be so Bible Stupid like Critical-Tim, like I have shown you to be ad infinitum?   My words at times may be like insults,  like sword thrusts as the passage below so states, AND, my tongue of the wise should bring healing to the Bible Stupid Critical-Tim in the future!
"There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."  (Proverbs 12:18)

Jesus set an example for me to insult His creation when needed, like He did in the Temple episode as described herewith:  When it was almost time for the Jewish Passover, Jesus went up to Jerusalem. In the temple courts he found people selling cattle, sheep and doves, and others sitting at tables exchanging money. So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold doves he said, “Get these out of here! Stop turning my Father’s house into a market!” (John 2:13-16)"

Barring the fact that I am not using a "whip of cords" like Jesus did in whipping the money-changers and insulting them to get the hell out of His Temple as shown,   I still act in the way Jesus did in insulting His creation, with taking no prisoners relative to dumbfounded pseudo-christians like YOU and Critical-TIm that are unfortunately roaming around this forum in their total ineptness of the JUDEO-Christian Bible!

You are excused, for now.

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical_Tim, who is on record in calling Jesus a LIAR, and is vying to be as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret,

1. Furthermore, don't forget to address Tradesecret as a "FEMALE" as shown in this lin under her gender: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEGZNA4. Therefore, "she" is not even supposed to be on this forum as a female to begin with in teaching or to exercise the authority over the superior man, so saith our God Jesus' inspired words herewith: "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent." (1 Timothy 2:11)
YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE AGAIN TO MY GODLY QUOTE ABOVE:  " Perhaps it relative to the time and culture, and perhaps not. It could mean that a true Christian women should refrain from teaching, but I didnt see anywhere that tells men to stop women from preaching; it might have been implicit.

MY RESPONSE TO YOUR BIBLE STUPIDISMS®️ TO YOUR QUOTE ABOVE:  WTF did you just say?!!!   Then in your pathetic thinking, if women are not to teach and just STFU  in that time and culture only, then we're not to follow the Ten Commandments, love our serial killer God, forgive others, to love your enemies, and ask forgiveness of our sins, etc., because these entities were only to be followed  in the Bible time and culture ONLY?!   ROFLOL!!

YOU have yet to address your dumbfounded statement of women not to teach relative to the then culture, and the ramifications of such a stupid statement of yours where it would include not following the specified additional rules shown!  Do YOU have an explanation of why you ran away from explaining yourself relative to those other rules listed?

BEGIN:

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical_Tim, who is on record in calling Jesus a LIAR, and is vying to be as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret,

You cherry picked only ONE passage in my post #33 to make a fool of yourself biblically! Now, to be true to form, you have yet to address these other biblical axioms shown below in said post:

1. BEATING YOUR CHILDREN:
”Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou BEATEST him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt BEAT HIM with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell." (Proverbs.23:13-14)

2. SELLING YOUR DAUGHTER INTO SLAVERY:
"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do.” (Exodus 21:7)

3. MURDERING YOUR CHILDREN THAT CURSE YOU AS A PARENT:
JESUS AS GOD SAID: “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?  For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.  (Matthew 15: 3-4)

If you "TRY" to state that these DIRECT LITERAL WORDS inspired by Jesus shown above are not what they really mean, like you SATANICALLY did with Jesus saying that children are to hate their parents, then I want you to remember the following passages that are LITERAL in their nature that combat your Devil Speak reinterpretation of Bible passages which is BLASPHEME!

“EVERY word of God is flawlesshe is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5)

Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” (Luke 11:28)

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretationfor the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

You are guilty of this godly passage: Jesus replied, You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures." (Matthew 22:29)

YOU MAY BEGIN:

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical_Tim, who is on record in calling Jesus a LIAR, and is vying to be as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret,

YOUR BIBLE STUPIDITY HAS NO BOUNDS AGAIN WITH THIS QUOTE OF YOURS!:  "One possible proof that Jesus and God are not always literal with their words is the use of parables in the Bible."

HELLO? You cannot use the term "Jesus and God" in a duality, because Jesus is God you dumb-ass Bible ignorant fool!

“Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.” (2 Peter 1:1)

Critical-Tim, how much more of your outright bible stupidity are you going to put me through?!

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Critical-Tim

Critical_Tim, who is on record in calling Jesus a LIAR as God, and is vying to be as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret,

ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR STUPID QUOTES: "Do you still believe that all God’s words are irrefutably literal and not expressing a deeper meaning, and why?"

Listen up Bible illiterate fool, the LITERAL reading of the scriptures is the only way to determine what Jesus as God inspired words really is trying to communicate to Bible ignorant fools like YOU, understood?

Do the simple math, whereas the LITERAL reading of the Bible determines what the author intended to communicate. Many today like YOU will read a verse of disturbing Scripture and then give their own definitions to the words, phrases, or paragraphs, ignoring the context and the author’s intent and going directly against 2 Peter 1:20!  But this is not what Jesus as God intended, which is why Jesus' inspired words tells us to correctly handle the Word of truth whether it be disturbing or not!  “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” (2Timothy 2:15)

Critical-Tim, before you BLASPHEME the word of Jesus as God AGAIN, always remember these following passages to prevent you from being as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret!

“Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation.” (2 Peter 1:20)

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) 

Deduced to its irreducible primary, you read the scriptures LITERALLY to prevent Bible fools like YOU to go against Jesus as Gods true words, period!

NEXT DUMBFOUNDED OF THE BIBLE LIKE "CRITICAL-TIM" TO STATE THAT JESUS IS A LIAR WITH HIS LITERAL WORDS, WILL BE ...?

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Critical-Tim

Stephen,

Jesus H. Christ, seriously, if Critical-Tim is trying to be as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret, he will then take the place of Ethang5's position of the second most Bible stupid person that was within this Religion Forum, because as we both agree, NO ONE can ever be more Bible stupid than Miss Tradesecret as shown over the years!

How many times do I have to Bible Slap Silly®️ Critical-Tim before he too goes into hiding like Miss Tradesecret had to do, remember?  LOL!

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Best.Korea
I find insulting as an emotional byproduct; from anger it is often insufficiency, though it can also occur of pride in superiority.
I think anger is never the answer, but I don't disregard emotions in general.
I think sadness is a necessary emotion that results in realigning one's thoughts with reality, while anger is in resentment toward the structure of reality.

In essence, sadness is when realising we are insufficient and we must correct ourselves, I see this as noble, since it requires humility, but anger toward reality itself is out of arrogance, since anger looks at how reality isn't what we wish instead of looking for what we could change.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas

1. Furthermore, don't forget to address Tradesecret as a "FEMALE" as shown in this lin under her gender: https://www.imagebam.com/view/MEGZNA4. Therefore, "she" is not even supposed to be on this forum as a female to begin with in teaching or to exercise the authority over the superior man, so saith our God Jesus' inspired words herewith: "Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain silent." (1 Timothy 2:11)

YOUR UNGODLY QUOTE AGAIN TO MY GODLY QUOTE ABOVE:  " Perhaps it relative to the time and culture, and perhaps not. It could mean that a true Christian women should refrain from teaching, but I didnt see anywhere that tells men to stop women from preaching; it might have been implicit.

MY RESPONSE TO YOUR BIBLE STUPIDISMS®️ TO YOUR QUOTE ABOVE:  WTF did you just say?!!!   Then in your pathetic thinking, if women are not to teach and just STFU  in that time and culture only, then we're not to follow the Ten Commandments, love our serial killer God, forgive others, to love your enemies, and ask forgiveness of our sins, etc., because these entities were only to be followed  in the Bible time and culture ONLY?!   ROFLOL!!

YOU have yet to address your dumbfounded statement of women not to teach relative to the then culture, and the ramifications of such a stupid statement of yours where it would include not following the specified additional rules shown!  Do YOU have an explanation of why you ran away from explaining yourself relative to those other rules listed?
I asked you a direct question in regard to your shared verse to best formulate my answer. It was not my intention for you to avoid addressing it and assume I didn't want to respond with my uneducated guess. I need more information to make a logical and conclusive decision.

Therefore, I ask again, why were many women, fewer than men, preaching or speaking God's words to a congregation composing of both men and women, and God didn't punish them? Specifically, the women I asked about, including Aaron's sister.

Aaron’s sister in the Bible was named Miriam, and she was a prophetess who led the Israelite women in singing and dancing after the Exodus from Egypt She also spoke God’s words to the people, along with Moses and Aaron, as it is written: “For I brought you up out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of slavery, and I sent before you Moses, Aaron, and Miriam.”
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
There is no need to quote you. It is clear you have expressed your belief that when the Bible says all of God's words are flawless means he always speak literally.

I find this hard to believe, especially since much of the Bible speaks in parables. Do you think the parables were to be taken literally too?

It reminds me of what Jesus told the disciples was the reason he spoke in parables. Do you know?
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
HELLO? You cannot use the term "Jesus and God" in a duality, because Jesus is God you dumb-ass Bible ignorant fool!

“Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours.” (2 Peter 1:1)
The verse you quoted is from the second letter of Peter, one of the apostles of Jesus Christ. He addresses his letter to those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with his own by the righteousness of God and Savior Jesus Christ1. This phrase has been interpreted in different ways by different Christian traditions and scholars.

One possible interpretation is that Peter is affirming the deity of Jesus Christ, and that he is using a grammatical construction known as the Granville Sharp rule. This rule states that when two nouns of the same case are connected by the word “and” (in Greek, “kai”), and the first noun has the definite article (“the”) but the second does not, they both refer to the same person or thing. In this case, the phrase “our God and Savior Jesus Christ” would mean that Jesus Christ is both our God and our Savior.

Another possible interpretation is that Peter is not applying the Granville Sharp rule, but rather using a common Jewish way of speaking about God and his anointed one (in Hebrew, “Messiah”; in Greek, “Christ”). In this case, the phrase “our God and Savior Jesus Christ” would mean that God is our God and Jesus Christ is our Savior, who was sent by God4. This interpretation would not necessarily deny the deity of Jesus Christ, but rather emphasize his role as the Messiah and the mediator between God and humanity.

There are other interpretations as well, but these are two of the most common ones. Ultimately, the meaning of this verse cannot be known for certain and remains a complex and controversial topic in Christian theology.

What do you think?

Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Do the simple math, whereas the LITERAL reading of the Bible determines what the author intended to communicate. Many today like YOU will read a verse of disturbing Scripture and then give their own definitions to the words, phrases, or paragraphs, ignoring the context and the author’s intent and going directly against 2 Peter 1:20!  But this is not what Jesus as God intended, which is why Jesus' inspired words tells us to correctly handle the Word of truth whether it be disturbing or not!  “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.” (2Timothy 2:15)

Critical-Tim, before you BLASPHEME the word of Jesus as God AGAIN, always remember these following passages to prevent you from being as Bible Stupid as Miss Tradesecret!

“Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation.” (2 Peter 1:20)

"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5) 
This verse is from the second letter of Peter, one of the apostles of Jesus Christ. He wrote this letter to warn his readers about false teachers who would distort the truth and lead people astray. He also wanted to encourage them to grow in their faith and knowledge of the Lord.

In this verse, Peter is talking about the nature and origin of prophecy. Prophecy is a special revelation from God that foretells or declares something about the future or the present. Prophecy is not a human invention or opinion, but a divine message that comes from God himself.

There are different ways to understand what Peter means by “interpretation” in this verse. Though many people think that he is referring to how prophecy is produced or originated by those who speak it or write it. In this view, Peter is saying that no one can make up prophecy by their own imagination or will, but they must speak or write as they are moved by the Holy Spirit. This view emphasizes the source and authority of prophecy.

One argument for this interpretation is that it is consistent with the way prophecy is described in other parts of the Bible. For example, in 2 Timothy 3:16, Paul says that “all Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness”. The word “God-breathed” (in Greek, “theopneustos”) implies that God is the source and origin of Scripture, and that he inspired the human authors to write his words. Similarly, in 2 Samuel 23:2, David says that “the Spirit of the Lord spoke through me; his word was on my tongue”. This shows that David recognized that his words were not his own, but God’s, and that he was moved by the Holy Spirit to speak them.

Another argument for this interpretation is that it fits better with the context and purpose of Peter’s letter. Peter wrote this letter to warn his readers about false teachers who would distort the truth and lead people astray. He also wanted to encourage them to grow in their faith and knowledge of the Lord. In order to do this, he appealed to his own eyewitness testimony of Jesus’ glory (2 Peter 1:16-18), and to the prophetic word of Scripture (2 Peter 1:19-21). He wanted to show his readers that they had a reliable and authoritative source of truth in the Scriptures, which were not based on human opinions or inventions, but on God’s revelation and inspiration. He wanted them to trust the Scriptures as a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in their hearts (2 Peter 1:19).

Therefore, based on these arguments, it seems more likely that Peter is talking about the origin of prophecy, not its interpretation, in 2 Peter 1:20. However, this does not mean that interpretation is unimportant or irrelevant. On the contrary, Peter also warns his readers that some people twist the Scriptures to their own destruction (2 Peter 3:16). He urges them to be diligent and careful in studying and applying the Scriptures, and to avoid being carried away by error (2 Peter 3:17-18). He also reminds them that they have been given everything they need for life and godliness through the knowledge of God and Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:3). Therefore, as Christians, we should seek to understand and obey the Scriptures, which are God’s word to us, and which point us to Jesus Christ, who is God’s Word made flesh (John 1:14).
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
How many times do I have to Bible Slap Silly®️ Critical-Tim before he too goes into hiding like Miss Tradesecret had to do, remember?  LOL!
It seems you have a failing grasp of the position in which we stand. As of yet, we have both provided evidence for our cases, much of which is unsettled. I have already put down more than one of your accusations, such as your comment that "Tradesecret" made a stupid comment.

I have also gone on the inquiring stance of challenging your assumption, many of which you disputed with verses, but you never reconciled with my verses, leaving both our stances vulnerable. Only time can show who, if either, has the more resilient theory.

I cannot stress this enough, no matter the quotes and verses you provide, until you make sense of the one, I provide we are at a draw, since neither can reconcile the others stance. That said, I have been learning quite a lot about the verses you provided, we should have some interesting comments going forward.
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
How many English Bible translations exist:

Based on some sources, there are approximately 500 English versions of the complete Bible that have been written over the last few hundred years. Of those, nearly 100 versions are currently in print. Some of the most popular and widely used English translations are the King James Version, the New International Version, the English Standard Version, and the New Living Translation.

If we include incomplete translations, such as those that only cover some books or sections of the Bible, the number would be much higher. According to Wikipedia, there are over 450 English translations of at least some portion of the Bible. Some of these translations are very old and no longer in print, while others are very recent and still in progress. Some of these translations are also paraphrases, which are not literal translations but rather rewordings or interpretations of the original text.

The reason why there are so many English translations of the Bible is that language changes over time, and different translators have different goals and methods. Some translations aim to be as faithful as possible to the original languages of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, while others try to make the text more understandable and relevant for modern readers. Some translations also reflect different theological perspectives or preferences of certain denominations or groups.

How many English dictionaries have been written since the time of the first English biblical translations:

According to one source, the first complete Bible printed in the English language was Myles Coverdale’s Bible in 1535. It contained all 80 books of the Bible, including the Apocrypha. The first purely English alphabetical dictionary was A Table Alphabeticall, written in 1604 by Robert Cawdrey. Therefore, we can assume that the first English dictionary was written about 70 years after the first English Bible.

However, it is not easy to count how many English dictionaries have been written since then, because there are different types and categories of dictionaries, such as general, specialized, historical, etymological, regional, slang, etc. Also, some dictionaries are revised or updated over time, and some are no longer in print or use. Therefore, the number of dictionaries may vary depending on how one defines and counts them.

One possible way to estimate the number of English dictionaries is to look at some online catalogs or databases that list them. For example, the Oxford English Dictionary (OED) website has a page that lists over 1,000 dictionaries of English and its varieties3. Another website, called Onelook.com, has a page that lists over 1,100 general and specialized English dictionaries. However, these lists may not be complete or accurate, and they may include some duplicates or overlaps.

Therefore, based on these sources, we can roughly guess that there are at least a few thousand English dictionaries that have been written since the first of the Bible translations to English. However, this is not a precise or definitive answer, and you should do more research and consult with reliable sources if you want to learn more.

Here is my question to you:

Considering the numerous English Bible versions available, how can we discern which ones represent the direct words of God without human interpretation and establish a dependable dictionary standard to evaluate these translations, considering the diversity of definitions?
Critical-Tim
Critical-Tim
-->
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
How many times do I have to Bible Slap Silly®️ Critical-Tim before he too goes into hiding like Miss Tradesecret had to do, remember?  LOL!
You think I would hide? No, I wouldn't let you off that easy. You have quite an untraditional perspective, with subpar evidence in support.
If it were simply myself, I would have left, since I have no hope in teaching you. But this is my forum, and you shall see me to the end.

May the better theory withstand criticism, and remain as guidance to all watching. I could only hope we both do our stances justice.