Germany will save Europe
The debate is finished. The distribution of the voting points and the winner are presented below.
After 1 vote and with 5 points ahead, the winner is...
- Publication date
- Last updated date
- Number of rounds
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Max argument characters
- Voting period
- One week
- Point system
- Multiple criterions
- Voting system
Germany and the German people are Europe's perhaps the worlds last best hope, a strong economy, liberal traditions since that unfortunate misunderstanding early on in the 20th century a bullwark against Russian tyranny and the biggest and strongest bullwark of social democracy ironic isnt it, the germans saving democracy?
- strong economy
- 8/20, Deutsche Bank reports DE in "technical recession," 0.25%drop in 3rdQ
- Trump 25% duty on EU autos (sched for Nov) could crash DE's top market.
- DE has one of lowest birth rates in world- 9/1,000. Shrinking pop can't support aging, heavily subsidized pop. Incr. immigration could help but maj. of DE opposes increased immigration.
- DE cant be repressed
- Hitler, Treaty of Versailles, USSR repressed DE
- not fascist like rest of EU
- AfD polling @15%, on par with SPD
- PRO touches on fascism but we know DE is not immune to that strain of nationalism and any foreign intervention typically exacerbates nationalist tendencies
- PRO touches on DE's economic strength but fails to explain how money saves EU