Recognising a trans man as a man is neither beneficial nor factually correct.
All stages have been completed. The voting points distribution and the result are presented below.
With 5 votes and 5 points ahead, the winner is ...
- Publication date
- Last update date
- Time for argument
- Two days
- Voting system
- Open voting
- Voting period
- One month
- Point system
- Winner selection
- Rating mode
- Characters per argument
A man is a man.
Also, I would like it if someone who is top 20 took this debate as yk, I'm a bit of pro
“everybodyhas the right to choose their own gender, by listening to their own hearts andmind, everyone gets to choose whether they are a boy or a girl or neither orsomething else”.
Claim: Sex isbiological, and gender is in the mind
“[Sexis] the chromosomal, gonadal and anatomical characteristics associated withbiological sex while [gender is] apart of a person’s personal and social identity. It refers to the way a personfeels, presents and is recognised in the community”
“youhave undergone “sex affirmation” surgery. The law defines this as a surgical procedure involving the alteration of a person’s reproductiveorgans carried out for the purpose of assisting the person to be considered tobe a member of the opposite sex”
“There’snothing which I have found that would allow you to compare two brain images andsay, ‘well that’s a man and that’s a woman’. It’s not physically possible tosay there is a male or female brain"
“There’sreally nothing about the brain at birth that tells us boys and girls aredestined to be psychologically different,” Dr Eliot said
Theoverall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularlydeath from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned personsalso had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) andpsychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controlsmatched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but notmale-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than theirrespective birth sex controls.
Personswith transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks formortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the generalpopulation.
- Recognizing a Transgender male(Female-to-male) as a male is
- Not correct
- Not productive
- Recognizing a trans male as a male is
- Factually Correct
- Indeed productive
There’s a flaw with this reasoning, because if trans ideologist are pointing to brain scans toconfirm the existence of gender, then gender must be biological, thereforeshattering the difference between gender and sex. Either A) gender is in the mind and therefore I have the ability to change my gender as many times as I please, or B) gender is biological, removing my ability to change my gender as many times as I please.
- Sex is determined by genitals, whereas Gender is determined by the mind
- Sex can be seen externally whereas Gender is not
- Sex could not be controlled by the mind whereas Gender could(Supposedly, which many transgenders change their sex based on gender)
“There’snothing which I have found that would allow you to compare two brain images andsay, ‘well that’s a man and that’s a woman’. It’s not physically possible tosay there is a male or female brain"A trans ideologist maypoint to multiple studies outlining the difference in wiring between the maleand female brain. Although this is true, it is important to know where thedifference arises. Adopting the nature vsnature scenario, the difference in wiring comes from the nurture factor. A baby’sbrain is like an empty canvas, it can become whatever you instil upon it. Theoretically,if you were to raise a boy like a girl, they would identify themselves as agirl. Dr. Lise Eliot, a neuroscience professor at Rosalind Franklin Universityof Medicine and Science , states that“There’sreally nothing about the brain at birth that tells us boys and girls aredestined to be psychologically different,” Dr Eliot said
Another logistical issue with self-identification is the question of whatexactly it take for someone to identify as the opposite sex. According totrans ideologists and the WHO, gender is completely mind, so I can technically be a fullyfunctioning male with all my organs and appendages and call myself a women. Sincetrans ideologists believe that sex and gender and completely disconnected, thenmy gender can be female while my sex is a male. I can have access to women’sbathrooms, changing facilities, sports events, join the girl scouts and the Australian Mothers Facebook group, all while being a male.
These two statements cannot be true at once,either gender is intrinsically valuable and unchangeable, or gender is just asocial contract which can be switched around like batteries. If trans peoplereally believe that gender is in the mind and malleable, then what’s the needfor the surgery and hormone therapy? Just say you are the gender you want andbe done? Clearly, they believe that biology has some influence on gender, asthey go to great extents to mimic their chosen gender.Even if we give thebenefit of the doubt to these people and say that gender is just a thing of themind (it’s not), then what exactly does it take to become the opposite gender? How canone come to the conclusion that they are born the wrong gender? The wholeargument is circular. I believe that I know what it feels like to be a womenbecause I feel like a women so therefore, I am a women. It’s a fallacy. How cana man know that they are a women? What exactly consists of feeling like awomen? And even if, given the benefit of the doubt, one was to know that theyfelt like a women, why does that make them a women, why can’t they just be afeminine male? This is a key point which I will revisit when discussing the productivity of calling a trans man a man.
On the other hand, we are told that we areborn with certain features which make up our gender,
To that I reply, the brain is just another organ. If an intersex malehad a single organ out of line, they would not be defined by that single organ,they would go by the rest of their anatomy. So why are trans people notclassified as intersex people with a single organ out of line?
The most recognised cohort study on transgender suicide conducted in Sweden,suggests quite the opposite. In short, the study gave results which showedthatTheoverall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularlydeath from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned personsalso had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) andpsychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controlsmatched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but notmale-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than theirrespective birth sex controls.And concluded that;Personswith transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks formortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the generalpopulation.
Intersecting minority identities increases suicide risk. Multiple studies have found that transgender people of color are at higher risk of suicide than white transgender people. This is a result of the combined effects of racial and gender identity discrimination.
- Calling an FTM(Female-to-male Transgender) Male a male would be correct.
- The mind is separate from the body.
- Gender is in the mind and is harder to change than the body.
- As a result, one's gender is not restricted to the body.
- One can change its sex for the sake of the gender and denying it would be absurd.
- Changing one's gender infinitely would be an absurd concern.
- Psychologically one can determine if one is really trans or if he is just acting.
- If one thinks he is a male looking like a female, he really is a male, for that gender =/= sex.
- There is no point in misgendering trans people considering their brain is what you are dealing with, which is the quarters of the gender, not sex. Calling them by their sex would be misgendering.
- If there is no difference between a male and a female mind, then let the trans people believe what they shall believe because what difference are they gonna make otherwise, just on gender?
- Transgender is not Transsex. The former would be one's gender does not align with the sex while the latter is one's body does not align with the genitalia(For example, a biological male who is really a female would be transgender, and a cisgender female with breasts and proper proportions of a female but has a penis would be, in this case, a transsex).
- Calling an FTM Male a male would be productive and beneficial.
- An article suggests that the reason trans people commit suicide more is because discrimination, in other words, calling them like Pro does.
- In this logic, misgendering them less would reduce discrimination, which in turn reduces suicide rates.
- So, calling them by their preferred gender pronouns would be beneficial.
- Pro forfeited two out of three rounds, making Con the victor here.
- Please vote Con.