Reasons I am not Christian

Author: Best.Korea

Total: 126
Best.Korea
Debates: 274
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Let's say you want to have a kid. So, you have a kid.
Then when that kid grows up, he blames you for all his struggles and pain. 
He accuses you of creating the source of all his problems.
That is illogical, because you created the child for a different purpose. For a relationship. 
Now why did you create that kid? I don't know.
Same with God.
Its not same with God.
If I knew that the person I make will be a bad person and will burn alive for eternity, it would be immoral to make that person.
So yes, people who give birth to children to a certain extent have excuse of not knowing. Your God doesnt, as he has omniscience.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
I keep having to remind you, you do not know your scriptures. I am not surprised you don't know why, although the bible makes clear why humans were created.
I feel like they are trying to re-write the Bible.

Bible in its original literal understanding is morally impossible to defend.

I understand why they are going for methaphorical understanding, but thats just going to add divisions to Christianity as each group has different understanding.

It would be desirable for Christians if some new Bible came to replace the old Bible, or just take out undesirable parts of the current Bible.

By undesirable, I mean parts about Hell, or about God killing or torturing people, or about God creating people.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
I keep having to remind you, you do not know your scriptures. I am not surprised you don't know why, although the bible makes clear why humans were created.
The Reverend Tradesecret is famous for it. 

If you mean the parts of the bible that concern violence I would agree, they cannot be defended.
Why Christians  cannot simply  admit that this was the common practice of culture of the time under the rule of the god of that time then their form of religious ideology may appear more palatable. But the problem with that is they would have to accept the the god of the NT is not the same god of the OT........which to my mind is exactly what happened .

I have said many times that Christian dilemmas and problems have  arisen because Christians   have adopted a god from a age and culture they simply had no understanding of.

It would be desirable for Christians if some new Bible came to replace the old Bible, or just take out undesirable parts of the current Bible.

Well no. If this was to happen we would lose a time in history of the age and culture of those ancient times. With that said, for anyone that has studied the bible along with ancient history it cannot go un-noticed that a large part of biblical history has been expunged, ie. the 500 + year period in the history when the Jews were ruled the Greeks. 
When people read and have studied the bible for themselves it can or should be quickly realised that the OT is concerned only with one  single bloodline ruled by one god, their god.. Jesus makes this clear himself.
The expunging was done in order to show (or give the impression) that the bloodline had never been broken and has been continuous under one single original god.

But don't expect ignorant bible thicko's such as the Reverend Tradesecret to ever understand or admit to that , no matter how many expert theologists the lying bible dunce alleges to have studied under i.e.  the best theologists in the world or how many ancient languages he claims to have studied and is able to read, and has translated into English.
My point is that the bible has already undergone some drastic changes.

But these 'changes' have all been to promote the one bloodline I mention above.

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

YouFound_Lxam,

It is without question that your total Bible Stupidity is without any bounds whatsoever!!!  Therefore, do you want me to show other posts by you that are equally Bible Stupid within this thread at your embarrassing expense again, like the one you are RUNNING AWAY from in my post #46.  Yes or no?  If you do not respond by tomorrow at around this time, then I will have to follow Jesus' passage (1 Timothy 5:20) to prove once again in how utterly Bible Stupid you truly are, understood?  

NEXT BIBLE STUPID PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "YOUFOUND_LXAM" THAT HAS TO RUN AWAY FROM JESUS' TRUE WORDS AS GOD, WILL BE...?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
If Gods " attitude "  went from "OT attitude "  to the more subdued,  " NT attitude " 
The next bible "instalment"  Will have God as a true genuine top bloke. 
A All loving.  All caring kind of  guy. 
Non judgmental 
Like a umm, IDK.       
A distinguished gentlemen. 

Book  # 1 . THE OT.  
To the.
Book  # 2 .   THE NT.    
 And the third installment. ...
Book  # 3 .  The Elliot Rogers manifesto.  (  The ERM. ) 

No actually,  the ER manifest fits better inbetween the old and new. 

Oh , To name but three books christian god ummm, is responsible for. 

But alllllllll this aside.  

One thing is for certain.,  
Well it appears to be cert. 
And thats.   
Gods. 
Im talking like a true genuine GOD right. 
do books. ? 

Thats right , right? 
Right. 

Or perhaps you would be more comfortable with. 

Gods get a bunch of guys to "do"  a book for them. 
Im talking the Real GODS do this hey?

God did a little book book for us right ? 
Fuckihg answer me NOWWWWWW,  bitch. 

Hummmm,
yes yes,   
Thats right. 

Its like commen sense REALLY isn't it. ?
He did a little book for us hey. 

LETS LOCK THAT SHIT IN SHALL WE. ? 

OK so. 

(  GOD DID A BOOK. ) 

ARE WE ALL IN  AGGRENCE WITH THIS ? 

I.

YOU stupid  FUCKING WANKERS. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Im talking .Commen sense as in like. 
Well
Todays Sunday right.
So.n
Ya can't help but "feel" that want hey ? 

That want that God has of us . 
The wanting us all to gather round the building down the road there.  

Again , straight up co sense eludes to this right. 

' starts ringing a bell ' 
And with a loud voice
COME ALONG. 
 come along you lot. 
' ring ring ' 
Or You'll be out on ya ears the lot of ya. 

EVERYBODY GO TO THE CHURCH. 
Nowwwwwww. 
I AM NOT GONNA TELL YOU AGAIN. 

ONE. 
TWO.
THREE.
GOOOOOO.
HURRRY. 

Go take him his cash and sing a song or two to him. 

He really really likes it when you guys get together and sing to him. 
I know this becauseeeee.
Im using that,  straight out commen sense thing again. 

God likes getting group sung at.  
C S 
End of fucking story.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
End of fucking story.

Nope, Deb:  Its a never ending story. Its only the end of one of the 12 chapters...... then it starts all over again when all twelve chapters have been read. 
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

MISS TRADESECRET’S QUOTE IN TRYING TO REWRITE JESUS’ WORDS AGAIN WITHIN THE SCRIPTURES RELATIVE HOMOSEXUALS:   “I think it is beneficial to point homosexuals to Christ. And also Trans”  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/10301/posts/421027

First thing, is the biblical FACT what Jesus as God states to do with the homosexual, and that is herewith bar none:  “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13) 

Furthermore, Miss Tradesecret says that “trans people" should be pointed to Jesus as God, but if homosexuals are to be acted upon like is shown in Leviticus 20:13 shown above, then ungodly “trans humans" should be acted upon in the same manner!  2+2=4.

What is not brought up often in this Christian Religion Forum relative to Miss Tradesecret, is the mere FACT that she is a "female," but her current gender in her biography is “unknown!”  Huh?

MISS TRADESECRET IS A FEMALE:
https://www.imagebam.com/view/MERDOO5

MISS TRADESECRET’S GENDER IS NOW “UNKNOWN”
https://www.imagebam.com/view/MERDOPZ

Therefore, if Miss Tradesecret’s gender went from a FEMALE to now an UNKNOWN, is she alluding to the possible fact that she had an ungodly Sexual Reassignment Surgery from a FEMALE to a TRANS, which is appropriate to using the term "unknown," where she is now really going against Jesus as God where she didn’t like her gender that Jesus gave her at birth as a FEMALE?!

YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen

READ GENESIS 2:5 

"there was not a man to till the ground".
I do know the scriptures.
But I also know that you are very well known for taking them out of biblical context to use for your arguments.

Genisis 2:1-5 (lets also look at the context):
 So, the heavens and the earth and everything in them were completed. On the seventh day God had completed his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, for on it he rested from all his work of creation.

These are the records of the heavens and the earth, concerning their creation. At the time that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, no shrub of the field had yet grown on the land, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the Lord God had not made it rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground.

So, I don't know exactly what you are talking about here, but I know for a fact it's not talking about how God wanted to create us for his enjoyment, let alone explaining why he created us. 

why did god create anything at all in the first place?<<< maybe you can answer that for us? 
A short answer is:
I do not know. 

But can you answer the question of:
Why do couples decide to have children. 
You can't answer that because you aren't the parents. You do not know.

In the same way, you are not God. You don't know. I don't know. No one knows.

All that I can say is that he created us for a divine purpose. 

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
So when Jesus called people evil, he lied?
He called peoples intentions and acts evil. 
He calls them in the original Hebrew:
"You doers of evil."

Or he calls them sinful. 

Free will doesnt solve the puzzle either.

Your Bible says that God created a man.

Therefore, even if God gave him free will, any bad deeds resulting from free will would be a result of God's action of giving free will.
If your child grows up, and they do as they please, and then blame you for their bad deeds, is that logical?

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Its not same with God.
If I knew that the person I make will be a bad person and will burn alive for eternity, it would be immoral to make that person.
So yes, people who give birth to children to a certain extent have excuse of not knowing. Your God doesnt, as he has omniscience.
Knowing and doing are two different things.
God knows that some of us will fall, and others will rise. 
Nonetheless, he is a fair God, and gives all a chance for salvation.
To do otherwise wouldn't be fair. 

Life is a gift, and we choose how to use it. Not God.

Really, because ethically and morally, it is one of the most astounding pieces of literature we have to date. Given the fact it was written over thousands of years, with about 40 different authors and has over 60,000+ cross references.

I understand why they are going for methaphorical understanding, but thats just going to add divisions to Christianity as each group has different understanding.

By undesirable, I mean parts about Hell, or about God killing or torturing people, or about God creating people.
See but your wrong. Again God does not:
Torture.
or 
Murder 

People. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Christians hang out with CHRISTIANS.  
Allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, the fuckin time. 
There like a gang. 
I call em ,  THE CHRISTIANS.   

so Picture 100,000 christians and you in a line on the footpath.  
You jump in the line at position,  72,611. 
So thats 100 000 christians and you,  one atheist. 

' HONK HONK ' 
And whats that you ask  ? 

Why Thats the sound of a bloody big bus taking off. 
It drives like a meter away from this line of christians.  

Now i don't even need to add any more text to this story hey? 
We all know that Someone is gonna be get pushed infront of  this bus right. 
Its a given.  

Any guess on whom gets pushed infront of the bus ? 
From What position ? 

Take ya time. 

Whats that. ?

Wow. 
Correct. 
The person in position # ( 'scrolls back up' ) 
Position # 72, 611. 
How the fuck did you know. ? 

But um yeah . 
There a fucking gang .
They dont care for ya. 
Just know that.

They don't wanna hang out with a atheist or a Muslim or other. 
They don't.  
You cant benifit them in any way.

CHRISTIANS ONLY HANG OUT WITH CHRISTIANS.
They do christian stuff together.

Their important people. 
We are not.  

The Atheists dont even meet up and sing songs with each other. 
Thats fucking slack right. 

But rest assured. 

2 billion Christians will NEVER .
THATS NEVER .   
SEE EYE TO EYE WITH
2 BILLION Muslims 
NEVERRRR. 
 So yeah , thats always a good start. 

WANKERS.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Said with my best Jamaican accent. 

I am feeling very Anti theistic today. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

READ GENESIS 2:5 

"there was not a man to till the ground".
I do know the scriptures.
But I also know that you are very well known for taking them out of biblical context to use for your arguments.
So you don't know the scriptures but you believe you  know I  "take them out of context".  What a ridiculous statement to make.😂

Genisis 2:1-5 (lets also look at the context):
 So, the heavens and the earth and everything in them were completed. On the seventh day God had completed his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, for on it he rested from all his work of creation.

These are the records of the heavens and the earth, concerning their creation. At the time that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens, no shrub of the field had yet grown on the land, and no plant of the field had yet sprouted, for the Lord God had not made it rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground.

So, I don't know exactly what you are talking about here, but I know for a fact it's not talking about how God wanted to create us for his enjoyment, let alone explaining why he created us. 

Why do we not take a close look at those verses in full

Genesis 2:1-5New International Version
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[ and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,
Do you see that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^STUPID!

why did god create anything at all in the first place?<<< maybe you can answer that for us? 
A short answer is:
I do not know. 
I am not surprised, when you cannot even read the BIBLE in context

All that I can say is that he created us for a divine purpose. 

And the biblical references for that are ?

But can you answer the question of:  Why do couples decide to have children.  You can't answer that because you aren't the parents. You do not know.

To create more people to "till the land "   and "subdue it", Genesis 1:28,   you absolute clown.  At least try and read your bible before making assertions and attempting to insert your unsupported opinions into scripture..... and accusing me of taking them out of context.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
@Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Tradesecret wrote @ best.Korea " I think it is beneficial to point homosexuals to Christ. And also Trans".  #34

I notice here that the Reverend Tradesecret doesn't  tell us why homosexuals and transvestites  should be pointed to Christ,  or why it is beneficial?
  He means then, pointed in the direction of the Christian Church.
  A church that is riddled with homosexuality and child abuse to its core and  to which those freely given hard earned donations from his poor parishioners  have gone towards paying £BILLIONS in hush money, defending  the church in child abuse sex cases and compensation to the child victims of depraved sexual abuse? 

Victims of sexual deviant Pastors and Priests and  of which many transvestites have become accepted member of the clergy. << <<< Is this what the Reverend Tradesecret means by being  "pointed in the direction of Christ"?  

Wouldn't it be nice for us to hear  in his own words of wisdom (that he asked god for and received) the Reverend Tradesecret explain to us why it would be "beneficial" for, or to,  homosexuals and transvestites  to  be pointed to the Christian church, BK?

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
Tradesecret did make many absurd claims, but the claim that pointing gays towards religion that will condemn them is "beneficial", its just nonsense.

One must ask: Who benefits from that?

The Church which once used to put gays to death, now when short on members, expects gays to join the Church claiming its "beneficial".

So why wasnt it "beneficial" in the past?

One must take note how Church's opinion changes with the amount of members it has and with the amount of power it holds in society.

Likewise, tradesecret's interpretations of the Bible change to suit the times.
IlDiavolo
IlDiavolo
The membership needs to consider that the current Pope's speech in favor of homosexuals is not accepted by all the church so there is an internal dispute right now about this issue. 

In fact, there have been some priests that were excommunicated because of going against the official plan and speaking out against the new vision of the current Pope, so we are probably going to witness once again a sort of schism in the Catholic Church.

At the end this is what religion is in reality, a man-made institution that is liable to split because of futile disagreements. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Best.Korea
tradesecret's interpretations of the Bible change to suit the times.

Tradesecret's interpretations, opinions and assertions of the bible change by the minute. BK. Especially after he has painted himself into a tight theological corner ,   which he does with every other post.  

Tradesecret did make many absurd claims, but the claim that pointing gays towards religion that will condemn them is "beneficial", its just nonsense.
One must ask: Who benefits from that?
Which is exactly what I asked above, BK   #75

Stephen wrote:  I notice here that the Reverend Tradesecret doesn't  tell us why homosexuals and transvestites  should be pointed to Christ,  or why it is beneficial?
  He means then, pointed in the direction of the Christian Church.
  A church that is riddled with homosexuality and child abuse to its core and  to which those freely given hard earned donations from his poor parishioners  have gone towards paying £BILLIONS in hush money, defending  the church in child abuse sex cases and compensation to the child victims of depraved sexual abuse? 

Victims of sexual deviant Pastors and Priests and  of which many transvestites have become accepted member of the clergy. << <<< Is this what the Reverend Tradesecret means by being  "pointed in the direction of Christ"?  

Wouldn't it be nice for us to hear  in his own words of wisdom (that he asked god for and received) the Reverend Tradesecret explain to us why it would be "beneficial" for, or to,  homosexuals and transvestites  to  be pointed to the Christian church, BK?  #75
Maybe that bible cretin will answer you considering he is frightened of answering any of my questions, BK....... good luck.😊
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
So you don't know the scriptures but you believe you  know I  "take them out of context".
I would call that a strawman, but you're not even misrepresenting what I said, you are just plainly ignoring what I said.
I know the scriptures. You don't understand them in their complexity. At least from what I have seen. 

Why do we not take a close look at those verses in full

Genesis 2:1-5New International Version
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[ and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground,
Do you see that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^STUPID!
So, again 😂what is your point with this verse.
I am very confused at the point you are trying to make. 

I am not surprised, when you cannot even read the BIBLE in context
Well now you're taking my words out of context too.
I said I don't know, but...etc. 

And the biblical references for that are ?
Well, one of the obvious ones is Romans 8:28:
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
God is a divine being, so we are called to his divine purpose. 

There are also many other scriptures as well. 

To create more people to "till the land "   and "subdue it", Genesis 1:28,   you absolute clown.
 No. 
See you can't even take my question into context. 

I am talking about in general. Not what the Bible says about it. In general.
Especially today when there is little need from all children to "till the land" and "subdue it". 

Why?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@IlDiavolo
@Best.Korea
The membership needs to consider that the current Pope's speech in favor of homosexuals is not accepted by all the church so there is an internal dispute right now about this issue. 

Not only the RC. invitation to homosexuals.

"First 'gender-queer' priest in Church of England expresses desire for 'normalizing' identity among children
Rev. Bingo Allison claimed God 'was guiding me' into a gender-queer identity during Bible study.

A non-binary gender-queer Anglican priest in the UK is on record claiming to use the clerical position in hopes of "normalizing" such behavior among children".

And  these are the religious institutions that the Reverend Tradesecret in all of his "god given wisdom"  believes   homosexuals and Transsexuals should be "pointed to" and obviously with complete and utter disregard for what his god has to say on the matter.

Like I keep saying, that clown shoots himself in the foot with every post.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@YouFound_Lxam

But can you answer the question of:  Why do couples decide to have children.  You can't answer that because you aren't the parents. You do not know.

To create more people to "till the land "   and "subdue it", Genesis 1:28,   you absolute clown.

No.  See you can't even take my question into context.  I am talking about in general. Not what the Bible says about it. In general.

So you preferer to totally ignore the holy scriptures and rewrite them.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
If your child grows up, and they do as they please, and then blame you for their bad deeds, is that logical?
If you knew that your child will be evil, then yes, its your fault for that evil since you willingly and knowingly took action to bring that evil into existence.

Of course, I already answered this once, but you ignored the answer just so that you could pretend to defend 2000 year old nonsense which doesnt stand up to this century's criticism.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Stephen
So you preferer to totally ignore the holy scriptures and rewrite them.
Many Christians know by now that Bible cannot be understood literally.

Literal interpretation of the Bible is not only self-contradicting (New Testament says that Old Testament will always be valid, then says its no longer valid),
but there is no way to practice it.

To enter heaven directly, you need to be:
1. Virgin
2. Poor
3. Give all your wealth to charity
4. Basically donate your house
5. Not have any extra clothes
6. Pay for other people's healthcare
7. Share your food to anyone who doesnt have it

Obviously, only a very small percentage of Christians qualify for this, none of them are on this site because access to internet means you arent poor.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Stephen
So you preferer to totally ignore the holy scriptures and rewrite them.
See now that's a strawman. 
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
If you knew that your child will be evil, then yes, its your fault for that evil since you willingly and knowingly took action to bring that evil into existence.
See this is where we fundamentally disagree.

I am saying that everyone no matter their outcome deserves life.
You are saying that if someone's outcome is evil, then they don't deserve life.

You are actually advocating for the idea, that evil people don't deserve to live.
I am saying they deserve to live, no matter the outcome, because everyone deserves life. 

Of course, I already answered this once, but you ignored the answer just so that you could pretend to defend 2000 year old nonsense which doesnt stand up to this century's criticism.
If you feel as if I have ignored your questioning before I apologize, but I have now addressed it. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I am saying they deserve to live, no matter the outcome, because everyone deserves life.
Its immoral to create evil people and then burn them alive for eternity. There is nothing "nice" about such life which your God creates. It just makes God himself evil, so now he must burn himself too.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
Its immoral to create evil people and then burn them alive for eternity. 
See, right here. This is where you once again, misunderstand Christianity. It is a strawman to Christianity itself. 

God doesn't burn people alive for eternity. People choose to separate themselves from God. 

It just makes God himself evil, so now he must burn himself too.
That argument only works if God sends people to Hell, which he doesn't. 

You have been trying to ignore and dodge this point a lot, so please respond to it. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
I have already explained to you the causation link. I am not going in circles with you anymore.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Best.Korea
I have already explained to you the causation link. I am not going in circles with you anymore.
So, you just don't want to address the point.

You are saying:
God created humans. Humans created evil. Thus, God created evil.

There are fundamental problems with this statement. 

1. Humans did not create evil. Evil is in its purest form, the absence of good, which is God. 
Therefore, God creating humans does has nothing to do with the creation of evil. 

So, the argument you are making is fundamentally wrong. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
 I am not going in circles. I already refuted those points. You just somehow forgot that and brought them up again.