@Barney
You’re a better player than this.
I am in fact not :<
AustinL0926
Debates: 33
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
IDK you might be right, I'm probably tunneling too hard, but I still had a strong FOS on pie. Honestly I'm just trying a different town playstyle, in Indie Games I built up a lot of towncred that meant nothing in the face of a well-timed NK and remaining town being silly. I'm trying to be a lot more aggressive and provoke some genuine reactions.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Vader
Without character or role claiming, does your characters role relate to their "superpower" or ability rather than what happened in the show?
Good question!

My character doesn’t follow his super power for his role. The role fits the character, but it’s based on his actions rather than technical power.

Like let’s say I was Rex, the power wouldn’t just be mad bomber or vigilante to fit the power of making stuff explode as an attack, it’d instead be something like Lover for his habit of cheating on Atom-Eve with Dupli-Kate (whom I believe someone claimed, so to be clear, no connection).

AustinL0926
AustinL0926
Reads before I go off for the night:

Locktown:

Joebob

Lean town:

Barney (mostly because of his above posts. At this point, I'm not going to join any attempt to get a claim from him).

Slight town:

Vader (generally making useful contributions, thinking things through, some non-fluff analysis)
Greyparrot (convincing + testable role claim, meh behavior otherwise)

Null:

Best.Korea (not much to go off of, mostly generic posts)
whiteflame (strikes me as somewhat passive, strategic pressure is a bit weird, otherwise nothing rly out of the ordinary)
Savant (don't know much about his playstyle, hard to tell whether a lack of substantiative analysis is lurky or just newbish)

Slight scum:

Pie (gut read + generally avoidant behavior + reluctance to claim and slightly scummy roleclaim)
Barney
Barney
-->
@AustinL0926
provoke some genuine reactions.
Easy to misread, but especially early in the game a better tactic than anything I can pull off. I wait for contradictions (I make no claims of being a great player).
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Likely going to be my last post for the night unless I decide to stay up late but a few things I think

1. I think BK needs to be pressured. He has not had a singular correct point or even original point at all. He has buddied off the logic of a confirmed town player to try and prove his innocence and buddied solely on that fact alone over anything else. Hence I have a strong suspicion on him and I think town might be overlooking him

2. Until any further information is given, I think the POE of scum are BK, Austin, Barney, whiteflame, Savant. Greyparrot is a lean town because of his role claim and his character claim and I believe it would too difficult for him to try and fake claim something just as vague while also claiming a pretty relevant character off the rip without having a lot of balls. We know JoeBob is town. Since Pie has not been CC'd yet and remains un CC'd. I see no reason as to why he should be a lynch target. His behavior isn't deviated from what he plays when he is town. He's reluctant to claim a big character and gets forced into while also forced into role. I've seen Pie too many times and know Pie too well. Everything about the analysis and all that is not true because even Austin's original was debunked because there is NO consistency with how Lunatic makes his games and how goes about it. It's all a variation and too make these theory without consistency is an endless scope of nonsense that does nothing but distract town. I would also like to point that the OP says mafia where given a role hint and not a char hint. This means that Pie had to have the absolute balls to go and claim a main character off a role claim. I emphasize role because ROLE =/= CHAR. With only 1 character left and no fake claims. I do not see a realm of possibility of Pie being scum.

3. I am against any push for claims at all in DP1 because it gives town way too much juice. I've stated this in my meta before. Barney was the town choice but not my optimal choice as well. It seems town is looking to do more and I will stand by this statement. If town try to pressure more and more people to claim characters, they will lose this game. The less info scum have, the more likely town are to win. It's unfortunate enough that Austin soft claimed an important character  by saying that his wiki of his character had over 10k words, Mark Grayson being claimed, and that Grey's meta. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Barney
Without character or role claiming, does your characters role relate to their "superpower" or ability rather than what happened in the show?
Good question!

My character doesn’t follow his super power for his role. The role fits the character, but it’s based on his actions rather than technical power.

Like let’s say I was Rex, the power wouldn’t just be mad bomber or vigilante to fit the power of making stuff explode as an attack, it’d instead be something like Lover for his habit of cheating on Atom-Eve with Dupli-Kate (whom I believe someone claimed, so to be clear, no connection).

Interesting. This unfortunately seems to be the outlier from what I've seen unless someone else can kind of confirm that there justification reads the same way. Mine I will say is pretty connected to his power to some degree. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
IDK you might be right, I'm probably tunneling too hard, but I still had a strong FOS on pie. Honestly I'm just trying a different town playstyle, in Indie Games I built up a lot of towncred that meant nothing in the face of a well-timed NK and remaining town being silly. I'm trying to be a lot more aggressive and provoke some genuine reactions.
Fair enough. If you are town I can respect what you are trying to do, but I think some might have to FoS you due to that deviation from normal play... it's no hard feelings of course.
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
I'll be honest, I clicked on the completely wrong wiki article because I misread my PM, it's definitely way below 10,000 words. Also can you explain more why BK needs to be pressured?
AustinL0926
AustinL0926
-->
@Vader
I will partially back up Barney here, my justification is related to my power but it's about a specific incident where my power was used.
Vader
Vader
So I didn't think I would get any outliers for my main line of questioning and the primary reason I did this. There seems to be an obvious outlier with Barney, but I think maybe I misworded the question and some people didn't get what I was trying to say, so for now I will not hold Barney to the outlier at the moment of time
Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
I'll be honest, I clicked on the completely wrong wiki article because I misread my PM, it's definitely way below 10,000 words.
Ok. This makes me feel a bit at ease with that, doesn't limit the possibilities and if you are town, scum now know that you don't have one of the bigger characters in the series and that helps them with claims
Also can you explain more why BK needs to be pressured?
I think he has been extremely lazy with his contributions into the game. He has buddied the logic off of one person and hasn't created an own thought for himself. He wasn't this eager in the last game to jump on wagons very quickly. He has also been active enough in this game and hasn't made any real useless insight besides "yes let's lynch" etc. No deep insight besides piggybacking off someone, which isn't how he operated last game to an extent. He had his own thoughts and didn't buddy off the logic. This to me kind of feels manufactured to a certain extent. I always feel like I go after him, but the way he jumped on that Pie train really urked me the wrong way because even in the last game, he didn't just jump onto lynches as quick as he did with Pie
Vader
Vader
-->
@AustinL0926
I will partially back up Barney here, my justification is related to my power but it's about a specific incident where my power was used.
Hmm ok. I still think that your claim can go under the "power" because of what you said, but it still far from what Barney said. 

Vader
Vader
I know I said that would be my last post but with the responses I got when I was making and replies I wanted to respond
Barney
Barney
Dashboard             Role          Character
Joebob (town)       ???              ???         
Greyparrot               Probe        Dupli-Kate
Whiteflame              ???              (Antagonist)

1. savant
4. ILikePie5
5. AustinL0926
6. Supadudz
8. Barney
9. best.korea

Ok trains
Barney was Pie for no reason at all, then Savant to pressure for information (without Raghu t me… anti town as hell, but a common bit of bad logic). Savant then tried to get others to gang pile, to pressure without letting the pressured person know… again, so common it’s not a scum slip, but it is a face palm moment. Whiteflame joined it, same error in logic. Pie catches that I did not read all of the OP, which somehow equals town (I’m good enough as scum, that I don’t have my buddies fill me in on everything; I assume others are as well), but does not unvote.

Pie… WTF, people pulling the same basted not tagging whiling pretending to try to pressure said individual. Hence, anti-town action, bastard to be sure, but not a real scum slip. Austin spoke up with some good reasoning.

Not reading Austin as pure scum. He’s doing pro-town behavior, or at least non-bastartdly behavior.

—-

Ok, forgetting details I meant to record. Ending catch up at start of page 7.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Best.Korea
VTL VADER
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Official Vote Count:

Barney- 3/5- iLikePie5, Joebob, best.Korea
iLikePie5- 1/5-  Austin
Vader- 1/5- GP

Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
-->
@Vader
Speaking of which, I noticed a pattern. It looks like role justifications for the most part are based on the powers the hero has. With GP’s claim, my role and character, and Pies role and character, I think we can assume that the role justification are based on the abilities. Is this true for everyone?
Its true for  me.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@Barney
I think we need a claim from you.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Barney
What am I being pushed on? You cannot pressure me for information, without ever stating what you’d like to know (which no one has).

If it’s what I was doing last night, just ask your mothers…
I thought it was relatively obvious that I was seeking at least a character claim, but I didn't state it outright, so that's my bad. I never said you had to post within the night last night, but hey, I guess if you want to make a crass joke, that's up to you.

As far as claims go, I'm fine with this as a soft claim. It narrows the options significantly, though I'm not going to speculate here about who you could be based on this.

As for the people that are still seeking information, I'd like to know why. BK says he still needs a claim for no stated reason. Pie hasn't hopped on yet, but I'd like to know if he has a reason to persist. JoeBob hopped on the lynch because he thought Barney was lurking, though again, I'd like to see his thoughts on the softclaim.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
BK says he still needs a claim for no stated reason.
Right now, the only lynch is Pie, or we do a no lynch.

So unless you want to lynch Pie or do a no lynch, we need to find new primary target.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
Right now, the only lynch is Pie, or we do a no lynch.

So unless you want to lynch Pie or do a no lynch, we need to find new primary target.
...Why? Please explain this to me. So far, I haven't seen you give one reason why you sus Pie, and this argument is doubly strange given this post, which is your only response to his role claim, where you said that it's possible to confirm his role. Why would you seek a lynch on Pie when you said that?

For that matter, why is your vote still on Barney if that's how you really feel? He's not a potential lynch to you, so I guess you're just seeking information, but for what purpose?

I also don't understand the perspective that Pie is the only feasible lynch this DP. Please, elaborate on that. What are your reads?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
I also don't understand the perspective that Pie is the only feasible lynch this DP. Please, elaborate on that. What are your reads?
I am saying, with current information, the only lynch is Pie.

Gp will be confirmed next dp.

JoeBob is already confirmed.

Pie is the least likely revealed role to be confirmed at all.

Its possible that he confirms himself, but its also possible that he doesnt.

So, you have these basic options:

1. Lynch Pie

2. Do a no lynch

3. Seek more information, by voting Barney for example.

There is no 4th option, and I am simply going with 3, even tho I think Pie will be lynched anyway this dp unless Barney has an even less confirmable role.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
Are you suggesting that we do a no lynch?

If not, then who do we get information from next?
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
So Pie could be role confirmed... but since he's less likely to be role confirmed than GP... we should lynch him? Seriously, WTF is with that logic? Also, I asked for reads on everyone, not just on GP, JoeBob and Pie. You're cherry-picking a subset of the players, arguing that Pie is the most sus of that subset (I haven't seen you engage once with his character claim, but fine), and arguing that we should only lynch within that subset.

For that matter, the only basis you're apparently using to establish your decision is stated claims. You aren't engaging at all with behavior. If you honestly believe that the only choices here are to gain more information, lynch Pie or no lynch, then I can only assume that you believe you've gained absolutely no information on any other players in this game. I can't help it if that's your take-away from the last 11 pages of posting, but it's not mine and I doubt anyone else is going to agree with you on this, either.

Are you suggesting that we do a no lynch?

If not, then who do we get information from next?
Right now, I prefer a no lynch to lynching Pie. I also prefer that we not seek more information than we already have, given a softclaimed character from Barney and two full claims on the table from Pie and GP, respectively, as well as the knowledge that JoeBob is town. I don't think more information at this point about roles and characters helps town meaningfully, and only serves to help scum.

So if I'm considering a lynch at this stage, since both Pie and GP have roles that are at least potentially confirmable and JoeBob is confirmed town, I break it down to PoE. It's between you, Barney, Vader, Austin and Savant. I behaviorally read both Vader and Savant as slight town, so it's you, Austin and Savant, and at the moment, your behavior seems the most sus to me. I wouldn't pursue a lynch against you at this point, but you're making me second-guess that decision with each response.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
If you honestly believe that the only choices here are to gain more information, lynch Pie or no lynch
Its not a belief. There is literally no 4th option.

Right now, I prefer a no lynch to lynching Pie. I also prefer that we not seek more information than we already have, given a softclaimed character from Barney and two full claims on the table from Pie and GP, respectively, as well as the knowledge that JoeBob is town. I don't think more information at this point about roles and characters helps town meaningfully, and only serves to help scum.
So your opinion is to do a no lynch.

So if I'm considering a lynch at this stage, since both Pie and GP have roles that are at least potentially confirmable and JoeBob is confirmed town, I break it down to PoE. It's between you, Barney, Vader, Austin and Savant. I behaviorally read both Vader and Savant as slight town, so it's you, Austin and Savant, and at the moment, your behavior seems the most sus to me. I wouldn't pursue a lynch against you at this point, but you're making me second-guess that decision with each response.
I doubt a lynch against me is a possibility, and I would also discourage it, but if I get 2 votes on me, I will character claim, but I think my character makes my role a bit too obvious, so it would essentially be a role claim.
whiteflame
whiteflame
-->
@Best.Korea
Its not a belief. There is literally no 4th option.
In your extremely limited examination where you only consider 4 people in this game, maybe. In the reality where this game features 9 people, no. You can set up a false dilemma all you want, but that doesn't make it accurate.

So your opinion is to do a no lynch.
Gotta love that selective reading. I said I don't have a person I'd pursue for a lynch based on the available information. That doesn't mean I'd prefer a no lynch this DP.

I doubt a lynch against me is a possibility, and I would also discourage it, but if I get 2 votes on me, I will character claim, but I think my character makes my role a bit too obvious, so it would essentially be a role claim.
I guess you're entitled to your opinion. If I was going to pursue more information at this stage, though, you'd be my first choice, so good to know what it'll take to get it.

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@whiteflame
In your extremely limited examination where you only consider 4 people in this game, maybe. In the reality where this game features 9 people, no. You can set up a false dilemma all you want, but that doesn't make it accurate.
The 9 people are pretty much included in "seeking more information", by voting them for claims.

You said you dont want any more claims, so what do you want, then?

Vader
Vader
VTL BestKorea
Vader
Vader
It's abundently clear that BestKorea is scum. His logic is just to push someone that has a viable claim. He's trying to turn a lynch on someone who is incredibly town at this point. This is ridiculous. Either he should be a policy lynch in all future games or he's scum