The 3 people in the top 5 who are undefeated should debate each other.

Author: Alec

Total: 85
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
I think Ragnaroromagi, and blamonkey should do a round robin set up.  Ragnar debates Oromagi.  Oromagi debates blamonkey.  Blamonkey debates Ragnar.  Whoever wins the round robin tournament is going to have a very high Rating.
Alec
Alec
-->
@blamonkey
@Barney
@oromagi
Are you guys interested in pursuing this? 
David
Debates: 91
David
I'd support this. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
Why isn't Pinkfreud08 in the list so that there is 4? He hasn't lost only drawn. 

Tournament should be like this:

1 vs 2
3 vs 4

Whoever wins

X vs X

Winner is still undefeated. *Applause*
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
If the topics are stuff that have been formally debated, blamonkey will annihilate both. 

If it requires high creativity, oromagi will annihilate both.

If it requires a lot of logic but is stuff that hasn't really been explored much in formal debate, blamonkey and ragnar will have a fighting chance with oromagi on the backfoot.

Ramshutu and I are superior to all three at actual debating but Ramshutu would be much weaker than me if on the side that the mainstream disagree with; his speciality is capitalising on widely agreed upon 'facts' that are actually opinions and strongly trusting sources blindly based on subjective but widely agreed upon 'reliability'. 

I agree with anyone who is skeptical of rating mattering, even when I was at the top I never actually said it meant I was literally the best other than as a joke to get people angry or laughing. I happen to be the best but the thing is that the best debater can still lose because voters are random in intelligence and capability to comprehend what's going on so that element shakes things up. Over thousands of debates, however, it becomes clear who is superior to who as the adapting to the crowd etc becomes more of a skill than random luck thing as you study the trends in voters and such.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Good point.

New set up:

Winners face off.
Alec
Alec
-->
@blamonkey
@Barney
@oromagi
@Pinkfreud08
Do you guys agree to the set up?  In the event of a tie, the debaters must do a new debate until one of them wins.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
PF isn't on their level, the guy is still in high school and developing his 'style' and adapting to things and is often busy IRL.

PF should just be humble, even I was not as good as others at his age.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
One thing that I don't want to happen is the people who are undefeated, but only debated once or so to be in the tournament.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Blamonkey is going to win out of this pool because the topics you pick will be mainstream stuff, he is the biggest nerd ever at formal debate and what judges think and trends in the voting etc.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@blamonkey
@Barney
@oromagi
@Pinkfreud08
Hey!

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Force Ramshutu to do this, his only loss is to me in a rap battle.
Alec
Alec
I would let the debates be anything both debaters are fine with debating.
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Alec
I'll be camping, filming, and have a lot of AP hw over the summer. 

It's highly unlikely I'll be able to participate. 

Seems like an interesting idea but I'm just taking a break right now to focus on IRL stuff.

Because of this, I regretfully have to decline this offer. 

If however at the end of summer you wish to do this again and I am not busy by then I will accept.  
Alec
Alec
I don't know if I should.  Part of me agrees with RM on this.  Part of me thinks a loss is a loss.  I'm undecided if I should include Ramshutu.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
1. Allow them to decide on the topics.
2. There is only going to be 5 debates which hopefully end with each of them in a win and loss. 
3. I added PinkFreud08 in because a person would have to do 2 debates but in this instance if they lose they are out.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
1. I am waiting too long to reply.
2. RM is on the top and if he loses I think the winner of the tournament would be on top.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Ramshutu
Hey!
What do you think? 
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1. Allow them to decide on the topics.
Okay.

2. There is only going to be 5 debates which hopefully end with each of them in a win and loss. 
I think that in the rare event that a debate ends in a tie, then they have to do it over.  Otherwise, who would compete against the winner of the other debate?

I added PinkFreud08 in because a person would have to do 2 debates but in this instance if they lose they are out.
He doesn't want to debate.  I don't want to force him.  I can replace him with Ramshutu if that would be a good idea.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheRealNihilist
1. I am waiting too long to reply.
Sorry, people get busy.

2. RM is on the top and if he loses I think the winner of the tournament would be on top.
RM is not on top.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Alec
RM as in Ramshutu. 
Should have just said Ramshutu instead of RM. 
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Alec
Hate to say it, but I've already been expressing my desire to pull back from debating (I only got so active recently to distract myself from some personal drama). This was only made worse with a lengthy biblical debate, while also letting myself get sucked into building and refining that guide.

If I have any big disagreements with any of them that can't be talked out normally, then I'd gladly issue a challenge (I've done this with a few of the top people over the years). I'll also gladly admit that either of them are superior debaters than I.

One thing I would say, is that this idea would be a lot more meaningful when the voter population increases and gains some skill.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
How dare you Alec! You said RM is not on top!

We can't discuss sex here, it's PG friendly!
Alec
Alec
Not a sex reference.  It was a leaderboard reference.
Alec
Alec
Ragnar doesn't want to do it I think.  So, will the other people be fine with debating each other?
Alec
Alec
-->
@blamonkey
@Ramshutu
@oromagi
Blamonkey vs Oromagi.

Winner plays Ramsutu.  Is this a good idea?
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Blahmonkey is the best formal debater here imo, with the exception of possibly whiteflame and Bsh. Formal debating requires you to be able to get behind either side of any resolution - I don’t think many of the rest of that are really able to do that.

Oromagi and Ragnar are very good debaters that are able to cut into a topic well. I feel my particular strength in specifically logical battles is to pull out and extract key logical errors; in fact based debates - I have unbelievable recall and can recall bizarre and esoteric facts out of my ass fairly instantly : but my issue is that I have to be familiar with the topic hence why I tend to stay on science, liberalism and atheism topics - those are comfort zones where I have a lot of deep facts. 

My issue is that there aren’t many arguments where I feel there are two genuine sides.

Importantly I think that voting on all of or debates with only minor exceptions has been pretty spot on; I don’t recall any debates not being one sided and voting not reflecting that.

Ragnar has to pop his cherry and beat RM like the rest of us have though before any of us fight it out.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Ramshutu
By 'beat RM' you mean like Oromagi did where you were the only voter? LOL!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The only debater who legit can beat me in the group is blamonkey. The rest of you win because you mimic what people like to hear. If you follow the logic paths I objectively win.

Blamonkey is actually one of the only human beings I have met who can process logic like I can, but he is not the only one. I can't reveal more without doxxing myself but there was an absolute genius I knew in my childhood who was a rival of mine in school. He is the only human I ever met who I believe is more intelligent than me and I would say is among the top 90k most intelligent humans alive whereas I am top 275k-300k range. He literally processed logic and concepts in speed and depth that I couldn't comprehend back then, he was able to get 100% in exams and had above 90% in almost all subjects that weren't art or some bs like that. This guy is the only person I have ever physically met and even on the Internet met that I genuinely intellectually envied and would fear in a battle/war with him as the enemy general.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I mean he may even be among the top 30k intelligent humans alive. It's hard to estimate as at that age it could just be he's an early bloomer and stagnates but if he snowballed it over time, he's definitely a god tier genius by now. I parted ways with him at 16.