Christmas, The Contrived Sham to Hide Our True Roots... Paganism.

Author: Reece101

Total: 93
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
You have no answer or did you post a lie?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Mysteries are not riddles to be solved so much as they are experiences.

Go on, I encourage you to experience the mystery of faithfulness.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
So you posted a lie to wit:

Those who are faithful with little will be entrusted with much.
Nothing new in that.
We aren't talking about mysteries we are discussing the claim you made.
When did you say that would happen? Oh you didn't because it means in an imaginary afterlife. Just another fantasy.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
I gain nothing by being deceitful. 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Mopac
The immaculate conception is a doctrine concerning Mary being born perfect and without sin. It is actually a doctrine that The Roman Catholic Church came up with as a solution to one of their deviations from Orthodoxy.

The deviation being that they believe that humanity inherited the guilt of the sins commited in the.garden of Eden. The Orthodox position is actually that we inherited the mess caused from it, not the guilt. 

We do not understand original sin the same way.

So no, actually neither I or the Orthodox Church accepts the doctrine of the immaculate conception. Mary was a regular woman just like anyone else, particularly pious surely. The thing that makes her stick out is her relationship to Jesus. As The Church is the body of Christ, in a way, Mary is seen as our mother. When we remember the saints during our liturgy we always make sure to mention Mary first. We certainly do not make her out to be God.

But that's exactly what you're doing by including her in your prayers. You're not supposed to pray to anyone but God--especially considering your statement, "Mary was a regular woman just like anyone else..." Even if you admire her relationship with Jesus, you're not supposed to idolize it (e.g. "Mary is seen as our 'mother.'") The "Virgin Mary" is a reference to the Kemetic tale of Asset and Asar. Since Asar was his own father, Asset was said to be "immaculate." She is said have to given birth to Asar without a man, and Asar was both her consort and her son, as well as the reincarnation of his father.

From the Nicene-Constantinople creed..

"We acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins."
Baptism is an allusion to the reincarnation of Asar (a.k.a. Tammuz, Oannes, etc.) After being thrown into the water after his death, he re-emerged as Heru, also known as Oannes also known as Dagon the Fish god. When John spoke of Baptism in the Bible, he meant only to incorporate the holy spirit. Any mention of water was rhetorical.

It is the high point and climax of our liturgy. It is an institution established by Christ himself and faithfully preserved by his apostolic church.
This is another allusion to a pagan mystery known as the death of Baal. Baal was torn a part by wolves at the base of a mountain in one telling. His priests were known as Can (which would inspire Canaan and the Canaanites.) The consumption of the bread and wine is symbolic cannibalism. (Can of Baal.) It represents the death of Baal. It was never an "institution" established by Christ himself (But then again, that depends on which Bible you read.) The Eucharist claims to be a symbolic allusion to the last supper, and that's part of the perversion.

Most priests(more accurately they are referred to as presbyters, because technically we are a nation of priests)are married. The preference is actually for presbyters to be married. Bishops tend to be selected among monastics or presbyters who outlived their wives. That is the preference.

There have always been exceptions, but they wouldn't be the norm.

Are the nuns celibate?

Of course! A nun is a female monastic. Monastics are always celibate. Some people are called to this particular way of life. For those who are not, marriage is the recommended alternative.

Where was it ever ordained that as part of their worship and devotion, a woman can take no husband? Once again this an allusion to the "mother goddess" who demanded that her priests and priestesses take no mate. The nunnery in particular is derivative of the Roman order of the Vestal Virgins who were charged with maintaining the "everlasting fire"--a reference to Tammuz.

In a great way, that is what praying to Mary is like in Orthodoxy. 

Again, it is really about Jesus.
That's just another way of deifying her as I mentioned above. If it's really about Jesus, then you'd pray to Jesus.

Yes, Bishops have crosiers. They are usually stylized to represent the serpent staff Moses lifted in the wilderness, which in itself typified Christ being raised up on the cross.

Sometimes they are also stylized as the Greek letter tau, which resembles some crosses that Romans used for execution.
The lituus staff a.k.a. the crossier are a direct descendant of "the crook" or crooked wand which was carried by Pharaoh Manes and Pharaoh Narmur/Narmer (a.k.a. Cush and Nimrod) and their pontifs. They had spread their teachings of the Kemetic mysteries to the Asyrians and Lydians who were located in Asia Minor. They were also known as the "Luds" or "Ludines." They were competent mariners who would later settle in Central Italy (which later became "Saturnia") and become known as the Estruscans. The Estruscans would later develop the Latin Church, where they practiced augury--disemboweling animals and telling fortunes based on the arrangement--and become incorporated by Constanine in his Holy Roman empire. Constantine was a pagan. Constantine was an adherent to the Babylonian and Kemetic mysteries. Before the battle of Milvian Bridge, Constantine claimed to have looked at the Sun and seen a cross of a light. This is not a reference to the Cross at Calvary, but the Ankh which represents the cross of Heru a.k.a Tammuz, especially considering that he looked at "the Sun."

We also call it the feast of the nativity. 
Once again, this an allusion to Paganism. December 25 was known as "birth of the Sun" a.k.a. "Horus," who was the reincarnation of Osiris a.k.a. Saturn who died on November 27. (Remember Osiris was reincarnated exactly four weeks after his death denoting the celebration period for "Saturnalia.") Also, Pallestinian winters are notoriously cold so there would have been no Shepherds in the fields, let alone Mary giving birth and placing Jesus in a "manger."

More accurately, they wear crucifixes. The cross is not empty.
You mean the crosses are empty and the crucifixes aren't, right?

We call it Pascha or passover but yeah, we celebrate Easter. It is always on a Sunday. Pascha is a big deal to us, we go all out. It is easily our biggest feast day.
How is Easter on Sunday, if Jesus was supposed to be in the grave three days and three nights? Even if you include Friday (good Friday) it still wouldn't work out to Sunday. Easter is in veneration of the mother goddess "Ishtar" a.k.a. Inanna who was the goddess of sex and fertility. Veneration of her would start in the Spring because vegetation was associated with birth. (Her son Tammuz was also known as the God of vegetation.) Of course, she'd also demand blood sacrifices which is the reason you may notice some widespread murders are always televised at the end of April and the beginning of May. I believe the Wiccan Religion calls this, April 24/31, the "Night of Walpurgis." I think the last "sacrifice" happened last Easter in "Colombo" Sri Lanka. Comlumbia is the "American" greco-roman goddess modeled after Libertas a.k.a. Hecate (mother of witchcrafts) a.k.a. Isis, a.k.a. Ishtar, a.k.a. Inanna (one of her incarnations is also Kali Ma from Hinduism.) The "Columbine" shootings also happened around that time (April 21-31) in 1999. It's all in veneration to Ishtar.

I don't think most so called "gnostics" or "neognostics" do either, so if I were you I wouldn't get my information from them.
I do not get my information from gnostics or neognostics. I get information from reading various books, encyclopedias, and yes, Internet searches. I'm not arguing this against or on behalf of any religion or denomination. I provide this information for knowledge's sake so that any who'd read or listen can have some more information on the context under which their rituals take place. Catholicism is pagan. You may assert that the schism creates a substantial difference between orthodox and roman, but it doesn't create enough of a difference to separate orthodox Catholicism from its pagan practices.

Understand that their only intention is to undermine the faith and cast doubt.
I do not qualify arguments based on the alleged intentions of their author. And I'm not trying to cast doubt on your faith. Note that I argue that Catholicism is paganism, not Christianity in its entirety. Though to be frank, most organized representations of Christian denominations sustain Luciferian customs, whether it be in a diminished or prominent capacity.

Truthfully, a lot of the things we do liturgically are carry overs from Jewish worship in the temple and in the synagogues.
The Jewish worship does not stem from the ancient Hebrews or Israelites, but from the Cabala (Jewish mysticism/occultism.) Most of that which is considered Semitic derivation comes from none other than the Babylonian/Kemetic mysteries. There's an interesting book written by Arthur Koestler called "The Thirteenth Tribe"--for those who are fans of the anime "Ghost in the Shell," you may haven done research toward its inspirations which included "Blade Runner" and "The Ghost in the Machine," also authored by Arthur Koestler. In "The Thirteenth Tribe," Koestler provides an extensive research towards the origin of the Caucasian Jew and modern Judaism. They're rituals actual stem from the Khazar Empire, where their emperor converted them to "Judaism." I'd recommend reading it.

Athias
Athias
-->
@Reece101
*sigh* read what I’ve said again. You cherry pick what I say.

When I say “hundreds of thousands” you say “hundreds”.
When I say “norm/state sponsored” you say “state sponsored”.
Stop picking the low hanging fruit and actually reply to me in context.

When you said “that’s not an argument”, it wasn’t meant to be one. 

I can reply to every single thing you say, but what’s the point if you’ll just twist my replies.
How can I twist your words when your words are available verbatim for everyone to see?

It isn’t like Christianity existed for hundreds of thousands of years before it became the norm/state sponsored.

Postdiluvian figures, are you serious? The flood is a made up story.
Can I take it that you have no support for these claims?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
But that's exactly what you're doing by including her in your prayers. You're not supposed to pray to anyone but God--especially considering your statement, "Mary was a regular woman just like anyone else..." Even if you admire her relationship with Jesus, you're not supposed to idolize it (e.g. "Mary is seen as our 'mother.'") The "Virgin Mary" is a reference to the Kemetic tale of Asset and Asar. Since Asar was his own father, Asset was said to be "immaculate." She is said have to given birth to Asar without a man, and Asar was both her consort and her son, as well as the reincarnation of his father.

We do not believe in the immaculate conception, nor do we idolize Mary.

You are simply telling me that I am wrong about what I believe and then putting forth an argument you already thought of ahead of time that is irrelevent pseudo-gnostic horseshit.

I would advise not learning about our faith.from gnostics, which as a warning to everyone, is what will happen if you get a youtube education.

Baptism is an allusion to the reincarnation of Asar (a.k.a. Tammuz, Oannes, etc.) After being thrown into the water after his death, he re-emerged as Heru, also known as Oannes also known as Dagon the Fish god. When John spoke of Baptism in the Bible, he meant only to incorporate the holy spirit. Any mention of water was rhetorical.

More pseudo-gnostic horsehit.
I hope you don't take offense at me saying.that, it isn't intended to be an attack on you. Moreso the people who have gaught you this nonsense.

This is another allusion to a pagan mystery known as the death of Baal. Baal was torn a part by wolves at the base of a mountain in one telling. His priests were known as Can (which would inspire Canaan and the Canaanites.) The consumption of the bread and wine is symbolic cannibalism. (Can of Baal.) It represents the death of Baal. It was never an "institution" established by Christ himself (But then again, that depends on which Bible you read.) The Eucharist claims to be a symbolic allusion to the last supper, and that's part of the perversion.

That is not at all what the eucharist is.

You guessed it, this is a bunch of pseudo-gnostic horseshit.

How is Easter on Sunday, if Jesus was supposed to be in the grave three days and three nights? Even if you include Friday (good Friday) it still wouldn't work out to Sunday. Easter is in veneration of the mother goddess "Ishtar" a.k.a. Inanna who was the goddess of sex and fertility. Veneration of her would start in the Spring because vegetation was associated with birth. (Her son Tammuz was also known as the God of vegetation.) Of course, she'd also demand blood sacrifices which is the reason you may notice some widespread murders are always televised at the end of April and the beginning of May. I believe the Wiccan Religion calls this, April 24/31, the "Night of Walpurgis." I think the last "sacrifice" happened last Easter in "Colombo" Sri Lanka. Comlumbia is the "American" greco-roman goddess modeled after Libertas a.k.a. Hecate (mother of witchcrafts) a.k.a. Isis, a.k.a. Ishtar, a.k.a. Inanna (one of her incarnations is also Kali Ma from Hinduism.) The "Columbine" shootings also happened around that time (April 21-31) in 1999. It's all in veneration to Ishtar.
There has never been any controversy in the church about the resurrection occuring on Sunday. Even if it wasn't, it doesn't really matter because we can construct our calendar however we want to.

This of course is more pseudo-gnostic nonsense.

I do not get my information from gnostics or neognostics. I get information from reading various books, encyclopedias, and yes, Internet searches. I'm not arguing this against or on behalf of any religion or denomination. I provide this information for knowledge's sake so that any who'd read or listen can have some more information on the context under which their rituals take place. Catholicism is pagan. You may assert that the schism creates a substantial difference between orthodox and roman, but it doesn't create enough of a difference to separate orthodox Catholicism from its pagan practices.

Most people who buy into gnostic misinformations are unaware of the origins of these lies.

You don't understand our faith at all. Point blank. If you dispute me on this, you are telling me you know better what I believe than I do. You would also be saying something about how seriously I take understanding my faith. You are also denying everything we believe and claiming we all believe something different than what we actually do.

You can imagine how that might make you look from my perspective. Instead of trying to woo me with false gnosticism, it would be better to take it on good faith that I understand my own faith and am capable of elaborating on it competently. 

It should be obvious that I take my faith very seriously.

I do not qualify arguments based on the alleged intentions of their author. And I'm not trying to cast doubt on your faith. Note that I argue that Catholicism is paganism, not Christianity in its entirety. Though to be frank, most organized representations of Christian denominations sustain Luciferian customs, whether it be in a diminished or prominent capacity.

Though what you claim is false, the church is certainly in its right to take captive pagan practices and put them to the obedience of Christ. If this is how you reach a particular people, why not? All customs and rituals can become pagan when the object of worship becomes the customs and rituals themselves. Paganism is giving the adoration due to God alone to created things. That is not what we do

The Jewish worship does not stem from the ancient Hebrews or Israelites, but from the Cabala (Jewish mysticism/occultism.) Most of that which is considered Semitic derivation comes from none other than the Babylonian/Kemetic mysteries. There's an interesting book written by Arthur Koestler called "The Thirteenth Tribe"--for those who are fans of the anime "Ghost in the Shell," you may haven done research toward its inspirations which included "Blade Runner" and "The Ghost in the Machine," also authored by Arthur Koestler. In "The Thirteenth Tribe," Koestler provides an extensive research towards the origin of the Caucasian Jew and modern Judaism. They're rituals actual stem from the Khazar Empire, where their emperor converted them to "Judaism." I'd recommend reading it.

You are talking nonsense. The Church left the synagogue long before Kaballa was a thing and long before the Kazars became Jewish. This isn't a modern influence. We have been practicing the same liturgy for over a thousand and a half years. The liturgy that has been the standard since then was based off an earlier liturgy that was a great deal longer.

The point is, we know where all of this stuff comes from.

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@Athias
How can I twist your words when your words are available verbatim for everyone to see? 
then why don’t you reply to them as such. 

Can I take it that you have no support for these claims?

The burden of proof should be on the person claiming something happened, not on someone claiming it didn’t, do you agree?

if someone said unicorns don’t exist, would you expect them to need to prove that they don’t? No. Proving a positive is much more feasible than disproving a positive. It’s practical to falsify (prove ((a statement or theory)) to be false) positive evidence, it’s not however practical to falsify negative evidence. An example of positive evidence being a unicorn horn. An example of negative evidence being no unicorn horn.
Athias
Athias
-->
@Mopac
We do not believe in the immaculate conception, nor do we idolize Mary.
You do idolize Mary when you include her in your prayers. You can call it gnostic bullshit, but you're not supposed pray to anyone other than God. You pray to deities by definition.

More pseudo-gnostic horsehit.
I hope you don't take offense at me saying.that, it isn't intended to be an attack on you. Moreso the people who have gaught you this nonsense.
It's not Gnostic bullshit. Do your research. Or readings. Read on Bible concordances and research the etymology of the terms used if need be. And I don't take offense even when my debate opponents attempt to insult me. You don't know enough about me to insult me.

That is not at all what the eucharist is.
That's exactly what it is. But you don't have to just take me at my word. Anyone reading this, feel free to verify or falsify anything I submit to this discussion's purview. (You should do that as protocol, anyway.) Research the topics extensively, and if I've provided erroneous information, then feel free to let me know. I take no qualms having my errors shown. But to call my responses "gnostic bullshit" is not a counterargument; it's an emotional reaction. I've told you already, I'm neither a gnostic nor a neognostic. I do not converse with Gnostics. I didn't receive a youtube education on gnosticism. I read extensively. That has always been the case. Not that it would be particularly relevant even if the source was gnostic given that any qualification of their arguments based on their gnosticism would denote an ad hominem argument a.k.a. appeal to motive. When I do research I cast a wide net, so I'm fairly confident that I'm not pedaling "gnostic bullshit."

There has never been any controversy in the church about the resurrection occuring on Sunday. Even if it wasn't, it doesn't really matter because we can construct our calendar however we want to.
Because it wouldn't have happened on Sunday, if Jesus died on Friday. He was taken to the tomb just before sunset wasn't he? That would mean, even if you counted Friday, Jesus should have resurrected earliest by Monday. And this is based on the Roman calendar.

Most people who buy into gnostic misinformations are unaware of the origins of these lies.
This is not an argument; this is the submission of speculation in order to argue ad hominem.

You don't understand our faith at all. Point blank. If you dispute me on this, you are telling me you know better what I believe than I do. You would also be saying something about how seriously I take understanding my faith. You are also denying everything we believe and claiming we all believe something different than what we actually do.
I do not claim to "understand your faith" at least not as an individual; I claim only to understand the subtext of your rituals, practices, and customs. And if you are included in this, it would be only in your capacity as an extension of the aforestated--i.e. being "Catholic."

It should be obvious that I take my faith very seriously.
And I take my industry seriously as well. Except I'm not the one attempting to insult.

Though what you claim is false, the church is certainly in its right to take captive pagan practices and put them to the obedience of Christ. If this is how you reach a particular people, why not?
What "right" gives the Church discretion to assume Pagan practices and "put them to the obedience of Christ" as a means to appeal to a particular audience? Your statement doesn't make sense. If the point is to a cater to and/or reach a particular people than the pagan practices aren't being compelled into obedience because the modus is to satisfy the preferences of people; since when has that ever been the dynamic between people and the word of God? No, you're arguing it the other way around. And that's my point.

You are talking nonsense. The Church left the synagogue long before Kaballa was a thing and long before the Kazars became Jewish. This isn't a modern influence. We have been practicing the same liturgy for over a thousand and a half years. The liturgy that has been the standard since then was based off an earlier liturgy that was a great deal longer.
You haven't been reading carefully. The Kabbalah/Cabala is merely a (Semitic) derivative of the Babylonian/Kemetic mysteries. The Kabbalah and Luciferianism emerged (officially) in the 13-14th centuries. But their disciplines have been passed down for millennia. And note, I associated the Kazhars with Caucasian Jews which is very analogous with what the Catholics are doing to Christianity. Once again, I'd recommend reading the book.

The point is, we know where all of this stuff comes from.
Do you? Your decorum is more reactionary than inquisitive.

Athias
Athias
-->
@Reece101
then why don’t you reply to them as such.
Which reply are you seeking?

The burden of proof should be on the person claiming something happened, not on someone claiming it didn’t, do you agree?
This is folly, and a common mistake among those whose knowledge of logic is merely novice. The burden of proof rests with any who affirms a claim, whether it proposes or negates. After all, a negation in and of itself is an affirmation. So you are responsible to the onus it creates. Any assumption that your argument is validated by failure to prove the contrary denotes an argumentum ad ignorantium (argument from ignorance.)

You argued that the flood was a made up story. You are affirming that the story of flood is made up.

You also state that it isn't like Christianity existed hundreds and thousands of years before it became the norm/state-sponsored. That is another affirmation.

Support your claims.

disgusted
disgusted
You argued that the flood was a made up story. You are affirming that the story of flood is made up.

You also state that it isn't like Christianity existed hundreds and thousands of years before it became the norm/state-sponsored. That is another affirmation.
You don't read at all.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Athias
Which reply are you seeking?
A reply in which you respond to me in context for fuck sake.

This is folly, and a common mistake among those whose knowledge of logic is merely novice. The burden of proof rests with any who affirms a claim, whether it proposes or negates. After all, a negation in and of itself is an affirmation. So you are responsible to the onus it creates. Any assumption that your argument is validated by failure to prove the contrary denotes an argumentum ad ignorantium (argument from ignorance.) 

You argued that the flood was a made up story. You are affirming that the story of flood is made up.

Support your claims.
Did you read the rest of what I said?

Here you go:

if someone said unicorns don’t exist, would you expect them to need to prove that they don’t? No. Proving a positive is much more feasible than disproving a positive. It’s practical to falsify (prove ((a statement or theory)) to be false) positive evidence, it’s not however practical to falsify negative evidence. An example of positive evidence being a unicorn horn. An example of negative evidence being no unicorn horn.

What don’t you understand? 
Athias
Athias
-->
@Reece101

A reply in which you respond to me in context for fuck sake.

And that context is?

Did you read the rest of what I said?
Yes I did. But it wasn't relevant. The only part that mattered was the folly you asserted: "the burden of proof should be on the person claiming something happened, not on someone claiming it didn’t, do you agree?" This is merely a contrivance pedaled typically by some illogical atheists to elide their onus. And it's categorically incorrect. Once again, the burden of proof rests with anyone who affirms a claim. Because proof is meant to substantiate its "Truth." But if you want me to explain this using your example, then I will of course oblige.

if someone said unicorns don’t exist, would you expect them to need to prove that they don’t? No.
Yes, you would. Their premise, "p," is "Unicorns don't exist." They would be arguing its Truth. This premise is not true tautologically; it's not true a priori. In order to ascribe this premise a truth value, you must substantiate its truth. You cannot argue, p, "unicorns don't exist," therefore, q, "unicorns don't exist." And if you argue that the failure of your opponent to substantiate the contrary, i.e. not p ("Unicorns do exist") validates your premise p "Unicorns don't exist," then you'd be arguing from ignorance (argumentum ad ignorantiam) a informal logical fallacy that denotes a proposition true upon failure to prove and substantiate the contrary.

So no, there's nothing logical about asserting that the burden of proof rests with the person claiming something happened. Stating that "something happened" and stating that "something didn't happen" are both affirmations. Both require substantiation. 

Proving a positive is much more feasible than disproving a positive. It’s practical to falsify (prove ((a statement or theory)) to be false) positive evidence, it’s not however practical to falsify negative evidence.
It's not a matter of your convenience; it's a matter of logical consistency. And nothing you've described thus far conforms with any sound logical metric. I'll tell you the same thing I told Mopac: don't take me at my word. Feel free to verify or falsify anything I state.

With that said, provide support to your claims, or drop/withdraw the point.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
You don't know our practices or beliefs. You don't get to tell us what we believe. If you refuse to be corrected, I have identified you as a gnostic heretic. Aka the ancient practice of being a know-it-all dipshit. 

The cure for your condition is humility and charity. Without that, you will continue to falsely believe you have knowledge, and you continue to walk in the dark.

If you were to point out that in order me to point this out, I have to take on a certain folly myself. I would tell you that I am aware of this, and may Christ have mercy on me for being a sinner. But I testify of what I see, and my intent is to correct with love. It is your choice whether to believe that or not.

I hope to represent the Orthodox position.

Athias
Athias
-->
@Mopac
You don't know our practices or beliefs. You don't get to tell us what we believe. If you refuse to be corrected, I have identified you as a gnostic heretic. Aka the ancient practice of being a know-it-all dipshit. 

The cure for your condition is humility and charity. Without that, you will continue to falsely believe you have knowledge, and you continue to walk in the dark.
You can attempt to insult me at your discretion; but it doesn't change the origins of your practices, customs, and rituals. It doesn't change the subtext and the connection that your practices currently have to the Babylonian/Kemetic Mysteries. And I've already stated this: I suspect most Catholics are unaware of the pagan subtext in their customs and rituals. So I would be far, far from arguing that they are confederate in Paganism. I would however make that accusation of the bishops, cardinals, and of course the pontif himself, The Pope. (And for those interested look up Magisterial Privilege where the Pope must partake in child abuse, ritual blood sacrifice, and blood drinking.)

However, if all you intend to do is extend this discussion with nothing more than diatribes and harangues, then enjoy the rest of your night, sir.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
You are looking at created things. You are confused by trying to associate the way a symbol is used by one culture and context with how a symbol is used by another culture and context.

You are confused by symbols with no innate meaning. That is incredibly superstitious.

You will never come to true knowledge of The Way like this. It is folly.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
We Orthodox are not Roman Catholic. We have never subscribed to the doctrine of Papal supremacy, and Rome trying to exert authority over the entire church is part of why it is a schismatic church. They are not Orthodox Catholics.
Athias
Athias
-->
@Mopac
You are looking at created things.
Okay.

You are confused by trying to associate the way a symbol is used by one culture and context with how a symbol is used by another culture and context.
No I am not. My statements do consider cultural influence and contexts. (In fact, I spent some time going over for example, the "travels" of the Crossier a.k.a. the Lituus a.k.a. The Crook.) I'm not the one here confused. I understand your devotion to your religion. And I also understand that my arguments will be met with resistance. (It's not the first time.) You don't need to defend yourself, much less attempt to insult me.

You are confused by symbols with no innate meaning. That is incredibly superstitious.
So now these symbols have no meaning?

You will never come to true knowledge of The Way like this. It is folly.
My way has nothing to do with your beliefs of "the Way." I do not believe that I'm particularly enriched by shedding light on Catholicism's pagan aspects. I submit it solely for knowledge's sake, and because it's pertinent to this thread's subject matter.
Athias
Athias
-->
@Mopac
We Orthodox are not Roman Catholic. We have never subscribed to the doctrine of Papal supremacy, and Rome trying to exert authority over the entire church is part of why it is a schismatic church. They are not Orthodox Catholics.
You've already made this argument; and I've already addressed it.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
You misunderstand what we do. We do not worship pagan gods.

It matters very little where the idea of swinging a censor came from. We do not honor pagan gods in our practices. We explain why we do what we do. There is no hidden agenda.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
You've already made this argument; and I've already addressed it.

You have simply dismissed the difference, and then go on to make some accusation against the Pope which even if true has nothing  to do with us.

Why? Because you don't respect the subject matter. You are expressing a typical so called "gnostic" approach to undermine the church and indeed the faith itself with knowledge falsely so called.

If you respected the subject matter, you would hear from us what we believe, and not what enemies of the church falsely attribute to us.
Athias
Athias
-->
@Mopac
You misunderstand what we do. We do not worship pagan gods.

It matters very little where the idea of swinging a censor came from. We do not honor pagan gods in our practices. We explain why we do what we do. There is no hidden agenda.
I do believe in your individual sincerity; I cannot say the same for your religion's elite. Once again, they are purposefully disguising their pagan practices using Christianity in order to pervert Christianity. The regular churchgoer is considered "profane." There's a right hand path and a left hand path (paths being interpretations.) The left hand path (Lucifferianism) purposefully mimics the right hand path (Christianity and Ancient Hebraic Religions.) Instead the Luciferians argue that their figures (e.g. Heru, Horus, Tammuz, Nimrod, etc.) are the placeholders of figures like Jesus. Their trinity is the Father, The Mother, and the Son/Hermaphrodite (and this is the reason I press the issue with praying to Mary even in "appreciation.")

Do I believe in your heart of hearts that you're praying, and wholeheartedly indulging pagan worship? No. But that's not my point. Your religion's elite surreptitiously are including and have included pagan practices and customs. Your everyday parishioner is considered among the profane. And they need the masses to perform their rituals.

Athias
Athias
-->
@Mopac
You are a typical gnostic heretic trying to undermine the faith with knowledge falsely so called.
This is the third time; enjoy the rest of your night, sir.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
The writings of the church conclusively prove you false to me. I am no pagan, and I recognize enlightened teaching when I see it.

If anything, no one is preserving the faith like the Orthodox Church. You wouldn't know, because you don't know us.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
You are representing a typical gnostic position.

You should own it instead of wussing out.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Athias
I am thoroughly in the church's corner.
Keeping that in mind, what you are saying is a great deal more insulting than I think you realize. I forgive you. You really don't understand us.

disgusted
disgusted
afiarse
(And for those interested look up Magisterial Privilege where the Pope must partake in child abuse, ritual blood sacrifice, and blood drinking.)
You claim it you support it. You are fucking funny though, I get quite a few laughs out of your nonsense.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Athias
And that context is?
Go back and look at the examples so you understand to be carful not to twist context for future references.
Do you get it? 

Yes I did. But it wasn't relevant. The only part that mattered was the folly you asserted: "the burden of proof should be on the person claiming something happened, not on someone claiming it didn’t, do you agree?" This is merely a contrivance pedaled typically by some illogical atheists to elide their onus. And it's categorically incorrect. Once again, the burden of proof rests with anyone who affirms a claim. Because proof is meant to substantiate its "Truth." But if you want me to explain this using your example, then I will of course oblige.
It’s about falsifiability. You can’t disprove magic exists. Do you understand? Having a lack of evidence does’t prove one way or another.

Yes, you would. Their premise, "p," is "Unicorns don't exist." They would be arguing its Truth. This premise is not true tautologically; it's not true a priori. In order to ascribe this premise a truth value, you must substantiate its truth. You cannot argue, p, "unicorns don't exist," therefore, q, "unicorns don't exist." And if you argue that the failure of your opponent to substantiate the contrary, i.e. not p ("Unicorns do exist") validates your premise p "Unicorns don't exist," then you'd be arguing from ignorance (argumentum ad ignorantiam) a informal logical fallacy that denotes a proposition true upon failure to prove and substantiate the contrary. 

So no, there's nothing logical about asserting that the burden of proof rests with the person claiming something happened. Stating that "something happened" and stating that "something didn't happen" are both affirmations. Both require substantiation.
Your whole belief system is an argument from ignorance. Are you serious? The only reason we’re having this discussion is because you’re the first one to ask me for burden of proof. I could have easily asked you first, but I knew it would be a waste of time.

It's not a matter of your convenience; it's a matter of logical consistency. And nothing you've described thus far conforms with any sound logical metric. I'll tell you the same thing I told Mopac: don't take me at my word. Feel free to verify or falsify anything I state. 

With that said, provide support to your claims, or drop/withdraw the point. 
It depends on what’s convenient. If it’s the best way to get to the truth, then yeah, I’m all for it. 

Athias
Athias
-->
@Reece101
Go back and look at the examples so you understand to be carful not to twist context for future references.
Provide me a direct reference.

It’s about falsifiability. You can’t disprove magic exists.
If that's your premise, then you should not argue that magic doesn't exist.

Having a lack of evidence does’t prove one way or another.
Yes. So why are trying to shift the burden of proof? You are the one who made the claim that the flood was a "made up" story. And then when asked to support your claim, you attempted to shift the burden of proof by asserting that only those who claim that it happened have an onus using a bastardized logic. Can you support your claim? Will you support your claim? If not, then drop your argument.

Your whole belief system is an argument from ignorance.
What is "my" belief system?

The only reason we’re having this discussion is because you’re the first one to ask me for burden of proof. I could have easily asked you first, but I knew it would be a waste of time.
That's on you. And so far the only waste of time is this posturing you've continued after I've demanded several times that you support your claim. If you're not going to support your claim, you are within your discretion to refuse me a response. But I will consider it a dropped argument.

It depends on what’s convenient. If it’s the best way to get to the truth, then yeah, I’m all for it. 
Your convenience doesn't matter; that which you are "all for" doesn't matter; logical consistency matters since you are invoking onus probandi. And thus far, you haven't applied any logical consistency to your arguments. Support your claims or drop them. It's a simple task.

disgusted
disgusted
afiarse
(And for those interested look up Magisterial Privilege where the Pope must partake in child abuse, ritual blood sacrifice, and blood drinking.)
You claim it you support it. You are fucking funny though, I get quite a few laughs out of your nonsense.

Too afraid to respond? Oh dear.