Stupidity Experiment

Author: ethang5

Total: 122
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
If you want my attention, you're going to have to earn it.

That's a tad arrogant and conceited.
Why? Is your attention for free?

Are you copying your hero Orange Donald.
I have standards. Stupidity is below those standards.

And the only person Ethan thinks is worth copying, is His Splendiferious Loveliness, Mighty King Jesus, the Bright and Morning Star, The Lion of Zion, and the Light of Men.

If you think Dee Dee deserves your attention, go pretend with him and little Timmy. When I became an adult, I put away the toys of a child.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
I don't think you know what doctoring a post is. Ask a mod and he will explain it to you.

I do, and you doctor posts in this way often. Accrediting quotes to me made by other members and then replying to them as if I had said them is doctoring posts. 

I am amazed how you persistently get away with doing this and all of your other blatant contravening of the rules. Are you a secret mod? I notice your recent  'ban' occurred over the Christmas period when no one else was posting anyway.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@ethang5
Please have someone explain it to you.
That's your job silly. This is your thread. 

Lol! You're confused. Your illiteracy is not my responsibility, nor is it my duty to educate you. You should have paid better attention in school.

So you start a thread and then fall at the first  fence when your incompetence comes under the slightest challenge or scrutiny. Of course its your job to explain what YOUR OWN  THREAD is about. It is not for anyone else to interpret YOUR words and the meaning behind them as garbled as they are.

No surprises there then; ANOTHER   great FAIL!!!!!!

I'm not calling out or refuting anything genius. Your poor reading comprehension is fooling you again.

What is this then from your own OP? 

Added: 02.23.20 10:02AM post #1 Ethang 5 wrote: Everytime some atheist trots out the tired "prayer experiment", I can'thelp but doubt it as I know no real scientist could be that stupid.

That is challenging, That is calling out atheists, That is attempting to debunk and refute what YOU and only YOU have called a scientific "prayer experiment" carried out by atheists. SO STOP WITH YOUR LIES!!!!!. You have yet to offer  a single example of "atheist trotting out this "tired" scientific "prayer experiment".  Another great fail!!!!

But you don't have any examples at all. do you? You just though that you'd sound clever and intellectual and educated and that you and YOUR OWN  bullshit "experiment"  would go unchallenged.

Another great fkn fail!!!!!

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Stephen
I don't think you know what doctoring a post is. Ask a mod and he will explain it to you.

I do, and you doctor posts in this way often.
I defy you to show one post you made, and then post the "doctored" one beside it. You can't.

Accrediting quotes to me made by other members and then replying to them as if I had said them is doctoring posts. 
First, I did not accredit any post to you. Second, that would not be "doctoring".

I am amazed how you persistently get away with doing this and all of your other blatant contravening of the rules.
Of course, being bitter and biased, you will never consider the option that you are simply mistaken.

Are you a secret mod? I notice your recent  'ban' occurred over the Christmas period when no one else was posting anyway.
Lol. Here is how you can always be sure I'm not a mod of any type, if Salixes is still spamming the religion board with mono-topic, zero-reply flame-bait, and if Dee Dee is still stalking members with over wrought templated abuse, then I am not a mod.

But mods are there to answer your questions. Ask them, they will be fair, open and honest with you. There is no need for conspiracy theories.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Opinions are just that and to assume that one is always right is arrogant.

And modelling oneself on a fantasy character is more than a tad childish.

And a debating website serves a purpose, so to ignore is to somewhat miss the point.

Though it does seem quite obvious, that for ethang5 ignorance is not necessarily bliss.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas

Stephen,
Ol' ethang5 is doctoring my posts #48 and #50 by putting your words into me saying them. [........] he is secretly in admittance that he has lost reality in his own thread,

Yes I noticed that too, Brother. He is either losing track of his own thread and cannot keep up with who is saying what, OR he is intentionally and with malice doctoring posts to somehow incriminate someone for what he believes is bad behavior and a breaking of the forum rules. It could be both.

he is probably trying to remove this embarrassing thread of his post haste so as not to have this chagrining thread record remain on DEBATEART!  

Yes indeed. This is his default when caught on the back foo and when he has painted himself into a corner of total embarrassment. He will destroy and derail his own thread and bury his pretend biblical intellectual knowledge under piles of unnecessary argumentative garbage so as not to be seen for the fraud and the LIAR in particular, that he actually is. And this is why he will not create a single thread concerning the actual  biblical scriptures.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Opinions are just that and to assume that one is always right is arrogant.
My attention needing to be earned is not the same as assuming I am always right.

And modelling oneself on a fantasy character is more than a tad childish.
Because you think Jesus is fantasy is like you just said, your opinion. And your opinion means nothing to me.

And a debating website serves a purpose, so to ignore is to somewhat miss the point.
I don't ignore. Have you not noticed? But my attention is still not free. Is yours?

Though it does seem quite obvious, that for ethang5 ignorance is not necessarily bliss.
My bliss is in Jesus Christ. No matter what you think of my handling of my attention, it is my decision, not yours. And there is no obligation on me to consider your opinion anything more than the opinion of a poster confused enough to consider himself a nihilist.

I will not call you ignorant, your post will do that for me.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@ethang5
To test the efficacy of prayer, one would need to establish some sort of a god that is being prayed to. Since the concept of a god is inherently unscientific, it follows that testing the efficacy of prayer is also unscientific.

That said this is clearly intended as a philosophical argument against the efficacy of prayer, so your quibbles are ultimately pointless
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Good morning America. (Thought perhaps it not morning in America)

Your opinion is always interesting, that's why I enjoy interacting with you.

And my opinion obviously did mean something, because you were keen to reply.

And if my attention is caught, it is. Value doesn't really come into it.

And If I'm directly challenged or questioned I will always respond out of courtesy. (The real purpose of DART I would suggest).

And your religious fervour gets more and more Mopacian. Do you intend to take over their mantle once they finally retreat into a monastic existence?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@dustryder
That said this is clearly intended as a philosophical argument against the efficacy of prayer,...
I don't think it was presented as a 
philosophical argument. It was presented to show that science "proves" the uselessness of prayer.

But I think even the philosophical argument fails. If you disagree, we can go through it now. What is the philosophical argument against the efficacy of prayer?

Logic should work in both the empirical and philosophical worlds.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Your opinion is always interesting, that's why I enjoy interacting with you.
That is why I never get zero replies and am popular with the Gentle Readers.

And my opinion obviously did mean something, because you were keen to reply.
Keen? Lol, OK. But your opinion did not mean anything more than an opinion. That is not a put down Zed, just a fact.

And if my attention is caught, it is. Value doesn't really come into it.
That's you. Probably because a thing of low demand is usually low value.

And If I'm directly challenged or questioned I will always respond out of courtesy. (The real purpose of DART I would suggest).
I do too, (much to the chagrin of some) but I know that is not the purpose of DART.

And your religious fervour gets more and more Mopacian. Do you intend to take over their mantle once they finally retreat into a monastic existence?
Who is "they"? There is one thing you can be sure of, I will never be ashamed of Jesus, and cannot possibly be made ashamed of Him. It is my profound and undeserved honor to be associated with Him in any way.

Titles and " mantles" mean nothing. I seek none. If I cared what atheists thought of my faith, I would have gone to an atheist site. I didn't.

And what to you is religious fervor, is from my vantage point dirty rags. But in His gracious mercy, King Jesus accepts my rags and counts me, a grain of dust, as worthy.

And when He tells me He loves me! Talk about bliss!
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Our pseudo-christian mascot ethang5, who wishes he never started this revealing thread showing his outright biblical ignorance and RUNAWAY tactics, and last but not least, BLATANTLY MISQUOTING US to try and save face. 

Ethang5 used my following statements below in my post #46 and stated it as your statements in his post #48 

“...what Jesus said about prayer in Matthew was silly and lacked sense???”

“Show me at least 5 examples of me not answering…”

If you weren’t so bible ignorant, we wouldn’t have to follow you around DEBATEART to correct you all the time!

Ethang5 used your following statements below in your post #47 and stated it as my statements in his post #50.

“Of course its your job to explain what YOUR OWN  THREAD is about.”

“It is not for anyone else to interpret YOUR words and the meaning behind them as garbled as they are.”

As if his biblical ignorance isn’t enough, ethang5 is violating the rules by misquoting us as shown below under item #3:

Etiquette Expectations [DRAFT]

Formatting Best Practices:

For actual debates, I highly suggest referencing the guide. However, for general forum use, just obey a few simple rules:
1   Space between things is useful if you wish to be legible,
2   Don’t bold and/or CAPITALIZE all of your text, and
3   Don’t misquote other users.

https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3507/etiquette-expectations-draft

I suggest that you flag this post and make up another one where he MISQUOTED you in other posts as well within this thread, to notify the moderator of this forum (drafterman) in explicitly showing how ethang5 is violating the rules once again. Whats new? Nothing!

Poor ol' ethang5, he cannot debate the topic of his own thread, but instead, has to put forth these child like smoke screens to hide his biblical ignorance and RUNAWAY tactics in the manner shown above. How sad. (

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Formatting Best Practices:
Well for one, don't use a template.

For actual debates,...
You can skip this part as you never debate, you rant.

...for general forum use, just obey a few simple rules:
...2   Don’t bold and/or CAPITALIZE all of your text, 
Lol! Could Dee Dee be any less self aware?

But at least we got him to read the guide. That's progress.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Our poor weak-kneed pseudo-christian mascot ethang5 senses the end of what creditability he has left at DEBATEART, and to make it worse for him, it will be shown in his own thread! His doctoring of posts, where he puts your statements into posts directed to me, and vice versa as shown in my post #72 above, is just a little boy ploy I have seen over the years, where when the pseudo-christian like ethang5 is cornered because of their bible ignorance and stupidity relative to their own topic,  they use this insidious action to buy time in taking the embarrassing and glaring light off of them.

Jesus and I have seen all the excuses to not engage actual posts relative to the main topic, and what ethang5 is doing in his own thread is just another replay of the past engagements with pseudo-christians that I have had over the years that don't know their ass from a wild grape regarding the scriptures.

There are so many examples of ethang5 stepping in the proverbial poo within his own thread, that it is hard to which ones to pick out in showing him to be hypocritical and ignorant to the faith. One stands out though, which is the following:

ETHANG5 QUOTE POST #67 : “My bliss is in Jesus Christ.”

While his “bliss” is allegedly in Jesus, ethang5 turns around and slaps Jesus in the face and  says that Jesus’ exact words in the following passage, with defining said passage in my post #19, is SILLY AND SENSELESS!  “And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, ye shall receive.” (Matthew 21:22)  This insolence towards Jesus above is found in ethang5’s post #40 within this thread.  

Ethang5's thread herein will be referred too many times at DEBATEART in the future as just another example of what a pseudo-christian looks as acts like in the name of Satan, instead of Jesus the Christ!

ethang5
ethang5
Little boy ploy. Lol!
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

ethang5,

Addressing your embarrassing post #73:

Shhhhhhhhhhh, its almost over for you.  Just accept this fact and let it happen. You will have peace in the end by not having to insidiously defend your bible ignorance all the time, okay?  Do you need a hospice service yet, or do you want further embarrassment directed towards you regarding your complete bible ignorance in your own pitiful thread?

If you want to use the term "self-aware," then I suggest that YOU use this term yourself because you hide by not commenting upon you misquoting Stephen and I as shown in my post #72 above.  To embarrassed to be "self-aware" on you breaking the rules again, where you have to remain silent upon this fact to try again to save face? Yeah, you are! LOL!!!

You are making it to easy for me. WAIT, maybe that is your ploy, where I will leave your biblical ignorance alone! NOT!  Jesus and I have a mission upon this forum to seek out pseudo-christians like you, and to show others what not to do in the name of Jesus the Christ!  

NEXT?

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Lol. Its like you're an AI bot.

You're slipping back into template posting Jarvis. Familiarity is soothing huh?

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
"They" was Mopac. 
I wasn't certain of their gender.

All this recent departure of yours into religious eulogising is hard to take seriously, it all seems very tongue in cheek and over the top.

"King Jesus accepts my rags and counts me a grain of dust" etc.

Seriously?

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
A life is but a vapor in the context of eternity. Is it so strange to refer to oneself as a grain of dust?

Mopac
Mopac
You can't always get what you want.
Right?
Prayer isn't a magical incantation.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
"They" was Mopac. 
I wasn't certain of their gender.
Ah, You were being PC about gender.

All this recent departure of yours into religious eulogising is hard to take seriously, it all seems very tongue in cheek and over the top.
OK. But you will forgave me if I don't care how you see it? Those who know me know that it isn't unusual. And Jesus is alive forever more, no eulogising for Him.

"King Jesus accepts my rags and counts me a grain of dust" etc.
Jesus doesn't count me as a grain of dust. Read more slowly.

Lol. You're on a religion board and are unfamiliar with one of the most famous passages of the bible?

Seriously?
Yes seriously. In your little atheist PC haven, people who actually believe the bible may be rare, but we're here, many more than it seems to you. In most places, your beliefs would get the "seriously?"

But as I said, Ethan cannot possibly ashamed of his faith in Jesus. Any insult or abuse I get for His sake I take with pride, for I would rather be a fool for Jesus, than a King for this world.

I must decrease. He must increase.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Is it so strange to refer to oneself as a grain of dust?
Not at all. Though I think that the phrase organic fluff, is more appropriate.

The Earth is but a grain of dust within the context of the universe.

A grain of dust with a very tenuous coating of organic fluff and water.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
As I continue to stress and as you would be aware if you paid attention to what others say.

I am very open minded about the god thing.

Deism is a reasonable hypothesis, although deism could mean 101 different things.

Theism and more so it's associated ritualism is the more non-sensical aspect of religious behaviour that I question the need for.
That which Mopac is fond of and that which you have started to display in your recent eulogising.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Theism and more so it's associated ritualism is the more non-sensical aspect of religious behaviour that I question the need for.
That which Mopac is fond of and that which you have started to display in your recent eulogising.
Wow. Imagine you, an atheist, come to a religion board and find people there that display behavior you find no need for! I bet you were surprised.

And it mildly irritated you that the religious people on the religion board you voluntarily visited, were..... religious. How rude of them, and how reasonable of you to be put off by what you personally find ....not needed.

I know Americans who get angry in foreign countries because they find "no  need" for the non-sensical weird languages people speak over there.

Could there be such a thing as an ugly atheist?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
People bash religion, even "Christians". It is a dirty word to people.
But religion is very useful for preservation.

What is the church preserving? Knowledge of The Eternal Way of Truth. The Gospel.

It should be appparent to all how Christianity can be corrupted into something meaningless or even superstitious. True Christianity is enlightened. The purpose of the church is not to be a social club, but to preserve the Apostolic faith. The Orthodox Catholic Church is that church.

Those who are against religion, yes, even Christians, do not know what they are saying. What we do through religion and the various cults we preserve is keep intact the very types and shadows that point to and are fulfilled in Christ. If these things were not worth preserving, we wouldn't be doing it. Sure enough, many come to Christ through these things. That is because from the very beginning the church taught through the types and shadows that were present in the faith of ancient Israel that are made complete in the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I suggest that you flag this post

I have done so, and a few others for what its worth, Brother. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
So why is there a need for religious ritual and eulogy?

Now, if you weren't quite so irritable you would be on "board" and make a pertinent case for these practices.

Rather than just giving a somewhat abstract and mildly abusive response.

"I know Americans etc".....Do you think that the Orange Guy is one of these?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
So why is there a need for religious ritual and eulogy?
Why is there a need for any ritual? Have you ever attended a graduation? A baptism? A wedding? A naturalization? A funeral?

Why should I have to sit here and answer a silly question who's answer you know? When you yourself take part in rituals but pretend obtuseness only when the ritual happens to be religious?

Now, if you weren't quite so irritable you would be on "board" and make a pertinent case for these practices.
Why should I have to "make a case" to you? Who are you? Why should I care what you think of the rituals of my faith? And why should I have to do so to a person who clearly understands rituals when it fits his atheist worldview?

Rather than just giving a somewhat abstract and mildly abusive response.
My response was in the same tone of your comment. But I know. Atheists think only they should be dismissive and condescending. They get miffed when the same treatment is given to them.

"I know Americans etc".....Do you think that the Orange Guy is one of these?
Look. I don't care what you think of Trump, and I'm not interested in your obsessive derangement with him. What I know about Trump is that he has multi language foreigners in his family, and has strengthened religious rights.

What I know about you is that it mildly irritated you that the religious people on the religion board you voluntarily visited, were..... religious.

I have more evidence that the Z-guy is one of those ugly Americans.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Obsessive derangement.
Nice one.

It's so easy to wind you up....Just mention the Orange Guy.

I love the Orange Guy.

He's far more entertaining than Boring Obama or Haughty Hilary.

That's why I love Boris the Buffoon too.

So:
Why the need for religious ritual and eulogy?...You went off at a tangent again and avoided the question again.

And yep I agree. Church weddings, funerals and baptisms....pointless ritual and eulogy.....So why?
<br>

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I agree. Church weddings, funerals and baptisms....pointless ritual and eulogy.....So why?
You attended. Ask yourself.

I'm not interested in your obsessive derangement with Trump.

Nice one.
Thanks. I sprinkle my barbs with truth.

It's so easy to wind you up....Just mention the Orange Guy.
Yeah, that explains it, not derangement.

That's why I love Boris the Buffoon too.
You and enough other people for them to keep winning elections.

Why the need for religious ritual and eulogy?...You went off at a tangent again and avoided the question again.
Re-read my answer to you. Perhaps I was so direct, you confused it for avoidance.