Total: 145
triangle.128k
Debates: 0
triangle.128k
  1. Ratify the new Code of Conduct?
    Yes
  2. Allow sharing of Private Messages?
    No
  3. Change the Voting Policy to expand S&G to include other excessive legibility issues?
    Yes
  4. Require a reason when submitting a report?
    No

RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
-->
@triangle.128k
Since it's obvious that 'no' isn't winning the PM sharing, would you mind changing to Yes2, in order to prevent Yes1 (the much more lenient one) winning?
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@RationalMadman
In light of your points in #22, I think doing away with that rule needs to be taken very seriously. Hence I believe it should only be considered, if it is overwhelmingly prefered over the combined total from other options.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
Polling (updated 05/28/2020, 12:22am PT):
Of 12 votes total...

9 Yes, 3 No

6 Yes1, 5 Yes2, 1 No

3. Change the Voting Policy to expand S&G to include other excessive legibility issues?
8 Yes, 2 No, 2 Abstain

2 Yes, 9 No1, 0 No2 (1 unclear)

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Barney
Hence I believe it should only be considered, if it is overwhelmingly prefered over the combined total from other options.
Wait, so even if Yes2 gains a majority, it won't be the option implemented?
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
My vote:
    Yes!
    Yes1, the truth will set us free.
    Yes, but S&G shouldn't exist as a point.
    No1

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@thett3
Very deep. So inspirational
TheHammer
TheHammer
My vote:
    Yes!
    No1

Barney
Barney
-->
@PressF4Respect
Wait, so even if Yes2 gains a majority, it won't be the option implemented?
I think you mean if Yes1 gains a simple majority... It's a scale, with Yes2 being the medium option. Both Yes options are opposed to the status quo, but both Yes2 and No are presumably opposed to outright dropping that specific rule as seen with  Yes1.

I hoped having a week of discussions would bring to light any flaws with the questions. Sadly a strong valid member concern did not come up until this week.

For reference, the question in discussion:
2. Allow sharing of Private Messages?
This is not to imply encouraging it... A "yes" to this may be divided into two subsets (either yes option endorses change):
  1. "Yes1" indicates with minimal restrictions. Identifying information for example, is still protected under the general doxing rule.
  2. "Yes2" indicates exclusively with moderator approval.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Barney
I think you mean if Yes1 gains a simple majority... It's a scale, with Yes2 being the medium option. Both Yes options are opposed to the status quo, but both Yes2 and No are presumably opposed to outright dropping that specific rule as seen with  Yes1.
Oh, I misread the question. Whoops.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
Polling (updated 05/28/2020, 10:30am PT):
Of 14 votes total...

11 Yes, 3 No

8 Yes1, 5 Yes2, 1 No

10 Yes, 2 No, 2 Abstain

2 Yes, 11 No1, 0 No2 (1 unclear)

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
Added05.27.20 04:20PM
My vote:
    Yes!
    No1

Added05.28.20 09:04AM
My vote:
    Yes!
    No1

Added05.28.20 09:23AM
My vote:
    Yes!
    No1
THE HIVEMIND STRIKES AGAIN lol
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Barney
1. Undecided(Don't count this as anything)
2. Yes2
3. Yes
4. No2

I might edit this later if I am feeling extremely distinct. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@PressF4Respect
Wait, how can there be a 75% yes with 10 people voting? 75% would mean that 7.5 people voted yes.
Only 8 people voted on that policy. 6 voted yes. 6 is 75% of 8.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yup I got that already
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@PressF4Respect
There's no need to be so jealous that my effulgent prose has inspired such ardent emulation. Work hard enough, and you can reach the same heights!

頑張れ
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
True genius can't be emulated, though indeed many will try. In fact, this is the defining trait of a genius style and methodology of doing something.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
There's no need to be so jealous that my effulgent prose has inspired such ardent emulation. Work hard enough, and you can reach the same heights!

頑張れ
確かに
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
1. I doubt this will come to fruition, so if it doesn’t, just count this vote as “abstained”. I think that most changes are good to the CoC, but I also think they should be judged on an individual basis in a separate MEEP. It is kinda resembling pork-barrel legislation like this. I am a bit concerned about the “no insulting mods rule”. While I haven’t done so and have no intention of doing so, I think that personal grievances will add another subjectively moderated rule to the site. People like Wylted, for instance, are not popular among mods and would likely get harsher or more frequent punishments. I’m honestly curious as to why this was put in in the first place.
2. Yes2
3. Yes
4. Yes. It could cut down on frivolous use of the button and make mod action more efficient by actually pointing out the problem. There really seems to be little wrong with implementing it and has the potential to save time.
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Barney
This is not to imply encouraging it... A "yes" to this may be divided into two subsets (either yes option endorses change):
"Yes1" indicates with minimal restrictions. Identifying information for example, is still protected under the general doxing rule.
"Yes2" indicates exclusively with moderator approval.
People can already share private messages without any sort of moderator approval by screenshotting the message and sending it to whoever they want to "share" it with.
People can also invite others to private chat groups on other platforms like Whatsapp, and share private messages that way.

Removal of the trolling and insults rules, but adding a no targeted harassment rule.
Yeah. I'm on board with this. Plus i'm starting to miss billbatard. We deserve an ignorant clown that we can laugh and poke fun at from time to time. Things can actually get boring around here without those kinds of people.

Anyways, some suggestions I have to improve the site overall would be to make it so that you can save rough drafts of your debate arguments in your debates and come back to it later, and also save rough drafts of your forum posts. Like if i'm debating someone, and I type half of my argument, but then it's like my bedtime or something, I want to be able to save that argument as a rough draft and come back to it later the next day to finish typing the other half of my argument. Sites like Reddit already let you do this, so I don't see why this site can't do that too. Right now, you have to either finish your entire argument, or delete your entire argument and re-type everything later when you have more time. You could also copy your current half of your argument and paste into something like notepad and save it so you could come back to it and copy and re-paste everything, but then it loses the formatting and stuff.

Also, I made another suggestion a while back to make it possible to filter out debates where rounds were forfeited, and even Virtuoso was on board with this: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3847-there-should-be-an-option-to-filter-out-debates-in-which-rounds-were-forfeited

Those are all of my suggestions for now. I may have more in the future...
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
Yes2 for sharing private messages.

Barney
Barney
Polling :
Of 16 votes total (some questions were abstained by some participants)...
    79% in favor (11 yes, 3 no).
    Issues with Yes1 have been raised, but as it stands...
    50% Yes1 (8 Yes1, 7 Yes2, 1 No).
    85% in favor (12 Yes, 2 No).
    69% in favor of No1 (3 Yes, 11 No1, 1 No2).
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
I've read through the previous posts, and I choose to change my vote on #2 to Yes2.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Christen
People can already share private messages without any sort of moderator approval by screenshotting the message and sending it to whoever they want to "share" it with. People can also invite others to private chat groups on other platforms like Whatsapp, and share private messages that way.
By "sharing PMs", they mean sharing it publicly in the DART forums. As for what you're talking about, there literally isn't a single thing that can be done about it (unless the mods somehow find out about the messages being sent outside of DART, or someone else finds out and reports it to mods).

Yeah. I'm on board with this. Plus i'm starting to miss billbatard. We deserve an ignorant clown that we can laugh and poke fun at from time to time. Things can actually get boring around here without those kinds of people.
Eh, some people do, some people don't. It's a matter of preferences, really.

Anyways, some suggestions I have to improve the site overall would be to make it so that you can save rough drafts of your debate arguments in your debates and come back to it later, and also save rough drafts of your forum posts. Like if i'm debating someone, and I type half of my argument, but then it's like my bedtime or something, I want to be able to save that argument as a rough draft and come back to it later the next day to finish typing the other half of my argument. Sites like Reddit already let you do this, so I don't see why this site can't do that too. Right now, you have to either finish your entire argument, or delete your entire argument and re-type everything later when you have more time. You could also copy your current half of your argument and paste into something like notepad and save it so you could come back to it and copy and re-paste everything, but then it loses the formatting and stuff.
This is actually a really good idea (honestly not sure why no one's thought of it before).

Also, I made another suggestion a while back to make it possible to filter out debates where rounds were forfeited, and even Virtuoso was on board with this: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/3847-there-should-be-an-option-to-filter-out-debates-in-which-rounds-were-forfeited
Yeah, there should be a sorting option to filter these out. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Barney
69% in favor of No1
nice 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PressF4Respect

This is actually a really good idea (honestly not sure why no one's thought of it before)
It is already possible, less so with forum posts but they do save to temporary cookies to a degree.

With debates, click 'preview argument' but don't publish it. It's now saved and will reappear the next time you go to write your argument for that debate.

Barney
Barney
-->
@bmdrocks21
I am a bit concerned about the “no insulting mods rule”. While I haven’t done so and have no intention of doing so, I think that personal grievances will add another subjectively moderated rule to the site. People like Wylted, for instance,
For clarity, there is no "no insulting the mods rule" being added. What's being done is the removal of a rule which empowered people to commit any level of vile defamation. 

Ironically, Wylted has been the #1 petitioner to overturn that rule.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@RationalMadman
True, but I think Christen was talking about something along the lines of an autosave feature, like the ones in Reddit or Gmail.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@ResurgetExFavilla
@PressF4Respect
随机中文刻字

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit