@HistoryBuff
i do believe that
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
i do believe that
I see. You think you have said something when you haven't. You think there are details that don't exist, even after I explicitly went through what details are missing. You still insist they are there. 

I didn't realize you actually had some sort of mental handicap. But after his discussion I see you really don't have a full comprehension of reality. Sorry, I will refrain from engaging with you in the future as it isn't fruitful to debate with people who are actually delusional. 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Dr.Franklin
YOU ARE GOING TO SIT HERE AND SAY REPUBLICANS MADE IT POLITICAL, ARE YOU JOKING!!
He isn't joking Doc. Those people actually believe their fantasy.

Nothing you say, no logic you use, no link you post will convince them. That's why its called a derangement syndrome. We've read the exchange, you beat him hands down.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
trump cultists really will believe anything he says. It doesn't matter how much he politicizes basic preventative procedures, you will just sit there and continue to believe the lies coming out of his mouth. It must be simple to not have to pay attention to reality and just believe whatever fox and trump tell you. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Strawman.

Doc did not use Trump in any of his arguments. You asked for support and he provided the links. He mentioned how the weather affects infection and supplied real world examples with his reasons.

All you want to do is whine about Trump. Doc said in his OP. It's Not Political.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Doc did not use Trump in any of his arguments. You asked for support and he provided the links.
no he didn't. He provided 1 link with no concrete plans in it at all. When I asked what the details of their plan was he just kept repeating that they were there. Over and over and over. Despite never providing any details whatsoever. Like a good cultist. 

He mentioned how the weather affects infection and supplied real world examples with his reasons.
he made an assertion and then provided absolutely no evidence to back it up. Correlation does not equal causation. Maps with similar colors is not evidence of a link in any way. 

All you want to do is whine about Trump. Doc said in his OP. It's Not Political.
when the president is undermining public safety in a global crisis in order to score cheap political points (despite failing miserably to do so), that is making it political. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Make a thread and whine there all you want.

Doc beat you, and did it much politely than I would have.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Doc beat you, and did it much politely than I would have.
lol he posted one vague speech where no details were provided. then repeated over and over that he had provided details. The fact that other delusional trumpists can see a post with no details and somehow think they see details does not concern me at all. 

Luckily, most of the country has more sense than that and trump is looking at a historic defeat. 

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Luckily, most of the country has more sense than that and trump is looking at a historic defeat. 
We'll talk in November.

How can these dweeb not see the same thing again?

Criminal candidate - check
No charisma - check
Backroom deal to gain nomination - check
Fake polls saying dems lead - check
MSM extension of Dem party - check

And this main one...
Trump the opposition - check

When dogma meets reality...again.

That will be 10,000 on reality please, Mr. Bookie.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
The problem you have is that the polls were pretty close to being right in 2016. they were a couple points off in a few critical states which allowed trump to lose the popular vote but win the electoral college by picking up a few states by tiny margins. 

Trump is down by double digits this time. Hilary never had that much of a lead. Trump is under water in basically all the battleground states and several states that aren't supposed to be battlegrounds, like texas. People hated Hilary. People don't hate biden. The criticisms roll off him for the most part. You can't get anyone but the most ardent trumpist to believe he is a commie (which is one of trump's recent attempts). 

To make things worse, people are really not happy with Trump's coronavirus response. They are looking for a leader who will actually lead on the biggest crisis to hit america in over a decade. But trump has basically punted on it and is choosing to focus on money over lives. The vast majority of people don't like that.

But even worse than that, is that the people who hate that the most are older people. They are the most at risk to die of covid and trump doesn't care at all if they live or die. Biden's lead among older voters is increasing dramatically. And you know who is the most likely to show up and vote? Older people. 

Unless trump dramatically changes course and starts taking this crisis much more seriously, he is done. And, knowing trump, he can't do that. He is already doubling down on trying to pretend the crisis doesn't exist. When that doesn't work, he will triple down on it. And that leads to him losing in a landslide. 
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ethang5
Derangement syndrome....I love that.....Though it was first noticed in Republicans I see no reason why it wouldn't of spread to all sectors of society.

Though I'm not convinced that it is anything more than a bit of tit for tat name calling......You remember how we used to behave in the playground 50 years ago.

LOL.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@HistoryBuff
Recent studies have confirmed that Vitamin D exposure actually helps in curing the Coronavirus. They are still testing for prevention, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find evidence for that too. In fact, some Oxford scientist have drawn conclusions from their experiments that connect. Here is the study: https://academic.oup.com/jid/article/doi/10.1093/infdis/jiaa334/5856149

This is accepted manual. While this is still being tested, I don't advise being willy nilly, but there is evidence to this claim.

And honestly, Dr.Franklin has a point. When trapped in a confined space where the air particles circulate through the AC vents, etc, it is more likely you catch Covid by being in a house exposed to it than being on a beach. The best thing to do is WEAR A MASK if you go inside a house. If everyone wears a mask inside, they will prevent the potential Covid air from circulating. 

With outside, the air breathed out from COVID goes into the atmosphere, which means people are less susceptible to get it outside. If you follow the proper guidelines, eg: 6 ft apart, less than 15-50 (depending on state) gatherings, and wearing a mask in a public place. If you have been exposed to it, stay home.

I've been having 6ft+ apart bonfires, swimming at the beach,and playing basketball (i play with a mask on). I have not been at any risk for COVID at any time
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Also make sure you shower and rise down after. Covid could stain on clothes and body, so getting a nice shower in removes that chance of spreading via clothes
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
Recent studies have confirmed that Vitamin D exposure actually helps in curing the Coronavirus
lol it took me 10 seconds of reading to know that this is a lie. That title of that study is "Airborne SARS-CoV-2 is Rapidly Inactivated by Simulated Sunlight". That does not mean that the sun "helps in curing" the virus. It means that it affects it's ability to be airborne. doctors haven't even confirmed whether it being airborne is a significant threat (it is person to person transmission that is the primary threat).

This is accepted manual. While this is still being tested, I don't advise being willy nilly, but there is evidence to this claim.
lol you may want to actually read a little about a study before linking it as evidence. 

And honestly, Dr.Franklin has a point. When trapped in a confined space where the air particles circulate through the AC vents, etc, it is more likely you catch Covid by being in a house exposed to it than being on a beach. The best thing to do is WEAR A MASK if you go inside a house. If everyone wears a mask inside, they will prevent the potential Covid air from circulating. 
you both are missing the point of the lock down. If you are staying inside with a group of people and one of them has covid, likely everyone there will get covid. The point of the lockdown is to keep people from moving between groups. IE your family might get covid, but if you all stay in your house you won't pass it to anyone else and it will be con tainted. If you go outside, you will likely pass it to lots of people all over the place and then it spreads. 

Going to a crowded beach is a horrible idea. You will be exposed to countless people. Any one of them could pass you the virus. Going to crowded places is the worst thing you could do. 

With outside, the air breathed out from COVID goes into the atmosphere, which means people are less susceptible to get it outside. If you follow the proper guidelines, eg: 6 ft apart, less than 15-50 (depending on state) gatherings, and wearing a mask in a public place. If you have been exposed to it, stay home.
agreed. There is still mixed evidence about whether the virus can be passed airborne. The biggest risk is person to person. People following proper guidelines (wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart) are excellent steps to take to prevent the spread. However we should still try to minimize contact with other people as much as we can. 

I've been having 6ft+ apart bonfires, swimming at the beach,and playing basketball (i play with a mask on). I have not been at any risk for COVID at any time
well, sort of. If someone who has the virus touched something (like a door handle), then you touch it, you could easily get covid. Any time you go into an area where there are other people you are at risk of contracting it. Taking proper protections significantly reduces the risk, but you still are at risk any time you go out in public. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Dr.Franklin
the cases are risisng  because of the hot temperatures and people need to be inside to avoid the sweltering heat being more susceptible to it.
wait, what?  I thought it was the beaches even though sunlight and humidity kills the virus.  Nope no conflicting statements at all, clear as mud. 

(side note) did you see where labs falsely increased their positive numbers by as much as 10 TIMES?  and they weren't reporting the negative tests either.....  sure do love me some stats!!!  lol

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
wait, what?  I thought it was the beaches even though sunlight and humidity kills the virus. 
no it doesn't. They are looking into whether it affects the virus in the air. It has not been shown to have any effect on person to person transmision, which is the primary threat. 

did you see where labs falsely increased their positive numbers by as much as 10 TIMES?  and they weren't reporting the negative tests either.....  sure do love me some stats!!!  lol
by all means, please provide evidence of this. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
since you don't seem to be able to do a quick search

how's that?

Sunlight destroys coronavirus quickly, say US scientists
Natural sunlight rapidly inactivates SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus on surfaces

this sounds pretty good, but I don't have time to read it all

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
this is why i hate far right conservatives.

I'm lean left but health experts know more than a news reporter or a random kid on a random debate website.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Crocodile
this is why i hate far right conservatives.

I'm lean left but health experts know more than a news reporter or a random kid on a random debate website.
IKR?  they question just about everything, want facts, reliable stats as much information as possible sheesh their nerve, they should just shut the hell up and trust the government without question.  I totally understand where you are coming from.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I see what you did there! ; )
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
The problem you have is that the polls were pretty close to being right in 2016. 
They will be just as right in 2020
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
since you don't seem to be able to do a quick search
do you even read your own sources? clearly you don't. This is from the 1st one. 

The allegation made by Jessi about labs reporting “98% positivity rather 9.8%” is not entirely true. The glitch is caused by the Government not reporting the negative results.

So no, the lab did not "cook the books" the results were misreported. Please actually look at sources before posting them. It is embarrassing to have to explain to you why you sources don't say what you think they do. 

Sunlight destroys coronavirus quickly, say US scientists
again, please read your sources. This is from the article.

"But the paper itself has not yet been released for review, making it difficult for independent experts to comment on how robust its methodology was."

Basically, this article is on a study that has not released it's results or methodology. Also, they are saying it kills it in the air or on surfaces. Which doesn't help you in person to person contact. 

Natural sunlight rapidly inactivates SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus on surfaces
This is from that article

In the present study, 5 µL droplets were used, whereas previous studies used droplet sizes ranging from 5 µL up to 500 µL. 
It is known that a range of droplet sizes are present in respiratory expulsion events, and, therefore, a range of droplet sizes are relevant to studies examining the persistence of virus-laden droplets on surfaces.

However, there is evidence that the size of a droplet may affect the subsequent survival of viruses contained within the droplet following deposition on a surface, potentially complicating comparisons of the results between studies in which different droplet sizes were used.

Therefore, additional studies examining the relationship between droplet size and surface persistence are needed to better understand the impact of this parameter on the hazard posed by surface contamination. 
So basically, in the smallest of droplets it may kill the virus, but since it is well documented that people expel larger droplets than that, the study is of limited usefulness because they only tested tiny droplets. 

this sounds pretty good, but I don't have time to read it all
This is the conclusion of that paper. "The case studies found worldwide indicate that the behavior of the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been unprecedentedly unique with more survival and viable rates in the air and believed to linger in the air for an extended period. "

Their conclusion is that it is entirely possible the virus can stay airborne and spread that way. 

So in conclusion, none of your sources prove anything. 1 had not been released, let a lone peer reviewed. 1 only did a test on the smallest of droplet sizes making it of limited usefulness because it is normal for larger droplets to be expelled. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
The problem you have is that the polls were pretty close to being right in 2016. 
They will be just as right in 2020
You'd better pray they are not. Polls were off by a couple points in a couple states in 2016 which let Trump eke out close wins. Biden is up by double digits this time. If they are off by a couple points then Biden wins in a landslide. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
Derangement syndrome....I love that.....Though it was first noticed in Republicans
Another atheist with article. Don't trust them! The "it" above first noticed was TDS, Trump Derangement Syndrome (similar to BDS, Boris Derangement Syndrome in the UK). Earliest official mention was Nov. 2016

Though I'm not convinced that it is anything more than a bit of tit for tat name calling....
Put on a MAGA hat and then go walk among some peaceful, tolerant, liberal progressives and you'll be convinced in short, violent order.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Hillery was to win by a "landslide" too, MSNBC was saying so even on election night.

Keep hope alive HB!

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Hillery was to win by a "landslide" too, MSNBC was saying so even on election night.
hilary was never winning by double digits. Biden is.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
hilary was never winning by double digits. Biden is.
If I were you, I'd want to revise history too.

And no one is "winning" anything now, outside your head anyways.

November isn't far away. Take your time, no liberal fails the university of reality, no matter how many times he may have to retake a class. Graduate or die trying.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
If I were you, I'd want to revise history too.
by all means, find me the polls where hilary was winning by double digits. 

November isn't far away. Take your time, no liberal fails the university of reality, no matter how many times he may have to retake a class. Graduate or die trying.
you're right that November isn't far away. And that makes trump in very deep trouble. He has a global crisis that he is ignoring, tanking poll numbers, and no sign that anything will get better until some time next year (at best). Trump utterly screwed. Even texas is a toss up state now. 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Even texas is a toss up state now. 
In your dreams
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@HistoryBuff
the faulty tests and testing is nothing new, coupled with the "erroneous" or even false reporting I stand by my statement.  perhaps the specifics are off but that's a minor part of the larger issue you can't seem to fathom.

"The case studies found worldwide indicate that the behavior of the SARS-CoV-2 virus has been unprecedentedly unique with more survival and viable rates in the air and believed to linger in the air for an extended period. "
which is why people don't trust masks to the extent others do, also the viral load as to be sufficient to cause the infection, do you know how much it takes to infect someone because I haven't seen that.
So in conclusion, none of your sources prove anything. 
sure none of the other studies you posted have either as I've pointed out before.  All they can do is give opinions and qualified statements.