Naruto Mafia DP2

Author: Vader

Total: 450
Pattern
Debates: 1
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I’d be forced to claim regardless. I already learned that the hard way in one of the games I was still a noob. I was targeted since the beginning. Nothing I could’ve done would’ve left me alone 
Hmm... I think if I was in your shoes then I might have fake claimed as town. Though for you not to get flamed at, you would have to do it really well. But I guess if it backfired you wouldn't really be much worse off. It's risky, but yeah your character and role circumstances created a sketchy scenario.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
As it stands I'm going to maintain my vote on Pie and urge investigation into Croc. As others said, Croc may be faking his role, although I initially didn't give it much thought because he has been very consistent.

Here is a quote from a previous post of mine on Croc:
"I'm a bit skeptical of jumping on the lynch train right now. Croc may have not done himself any favors being lurky but Croc's role and results make sense. Croc also hinted before at being Kakashi (remember when he said "I am Naruto's teacher") So at least he's been consistent. IDK, maybe I'm just not sensing something here that others are. Anyway, he is a viable candidate for roleblock... Just to see what happens."
However, what I didn't really think about was there are at least 4 teachers of Naruto in the series.

It's a very smart breadcrumb for a mafia because, as the game progresses, he can figure out which of these characters would or wouldn't get counterclaimed. I'm not sure if Croc has a history of coming up with really smart fake claims, but this would've been a great one. It's at least worth the look.

Another thing, I am skeptical of skittlez and his Rock Lee claim. Rock Lee is one of the most popular characters in the entire series.. I would think he gets a better role than "vanilla."
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
I've got to say, it feels dirty that it took us longer than the day phase to finally lynch him.
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
It was a great game

A shame 
Must we resign for defame

So without further ado
Can you let this game end through and through. It was a
Unanimous decision from the
Mafia team
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@Barney
I've got to say, it feels dirty that it took us longer than the day phase to finally lynch him.
It is pretty early. Most activity seems to occur in the evenings on DART
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@BearMan
It was a great game

A shame 

So without further ado
Mafia team

Are you saying the games over after two mislynches? Who were your scum buddies?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Vader
It was a great game

A shame 

So without further ado
Mafia team
Letting you know of their resignation
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Pattern
No we resign. Supa was mod interfering af. If you guys didn't get an extension, Pie wouldn't have been lynched, and we would've probably won.

MisterChris
MisterChris
victory? VICTORY!
Pattern
Pattern
So it was bearman and misterchris lol. The irony hurts.  I don't know how the balance makes sense though, even with a succesful night kill there would be eight players left, so that means there is 4 scum or mafia have an extra kill?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Pattern
What? No. I was letting Supa know of their resignation. 
BearMan
BearMan
-->
@Pattern
Try harder
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@BearMan
No we resign. Supa was mod interfering af. If you guys didn't get an extension, Pie wouldn't have been lynched, and we would've probably won.
As someone who has accused supa of mod interfering in the past, I'll actually defend him on this one. Ending the day phase in the morning was absolutely unfair and is extremely likely to end in a no lynch. Mods grant extensions all the time. If there is 3 of you you still had good chances of winning. I was even starting to severely doubt my read on misterchris, and even if I didn't I was going to have a hard time convincing the rest of town. Ya'll shouldn't have quit. This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
I played this DP perfectly. I should’ve survived. Mod interference lead to my death
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I played this DP perfectly. I should’ve survived. Mod interference lead to my death
We were talking about lynching you from the beginning. I was gonna press it last night, but I had to sleep early to catch up. I don't think it's right to be salty about a small extension, it was entirely possible for you guys to pull this off.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
As someone who has accused supa of mod interfering in the past, I'll actually defend him on this one. Ending the day phase in the morning was absolutely unfair and is extremely likely to end in a no lynch. Mods grant extensions all the time. If there is 3 of you you still had good chances of winning. I was even starting to severely doubt my read on misterchris, and even if I didn't I was going to have a hard time convincing the rest of town. Ya'll shouldn't have quit. This leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
It was supposed to end at 8AM but he extended it to 11AM from the beginning which was fine with us. But then he extended it to 1. The whole point of that DP for us was for me not to get lynched at any cost. Supa was actively helping town. He didn’t even bother asking us whether we supported it or not. Not even a courtesy
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
We were talking about lynching you from the beginning.
I know y’all did. And I survived till the end until Supa decided to extend it rewarding a lazy town.

I was gonna press it last night, but I had to sleep early to catch up. I don't think it's right to be salty about a small extension, it was entirely possible for you guys to pull this off.
I disagree.
MisterChris
MisterChris
I think the mafia team did play well. I was gonna end up lynching Pie regardless so can't really comment on the day extensions though
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
It was supposed to end at 8AM but he extended it to 11AM from the beginning which was fine with us. But then he extended it to 1. The whole point of that DP for us was for me not to get lynched at any cost. Supa was actively helping town. He didn’t even bother asking us whether we supported it or not. Not even a courtesy
Mods on mafia scum force extensions without asking players all the time. It happened in the game me and mikal were scum in and it sucked but we still pulled it off. You yourself admit the activity was lacking... I think extensions are okay. Especially considering the majority of the posts in this phase happened between me and misterchris.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
Mods on mafia scum force extensions without asking players all the time. It happened in the game me and mikal were scum in and it sucked but we still pulled it off.
It’s at least a common courtesy. I would’ve been fine if there were like 3-4 pages alone, but you’re just rewarding a lazy town at that point.

You yourself admit the activity was lacking... I think extensions are okay. Especially considering the majority of the posts in this phase happened between me and misterchris.
I know it was and you know it was too. I don’t think town should be rewarded for it and you generally agreed with that sentiment to the best of my knowledge.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I know y’all did. And I survived till the end until Supa decided to extend it rewarding a lazy town.
I was gonna give supa some major sh1t if he didn't grant us an extension lol. I actually expected him to deny my request and was going to rant about how silly it is to end the phase in the morning when most people don't get on until the afternoon to the evening. I myself am rarely on at this time.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@MisterChris
What do you think of forum mafia? Will you be playing more?
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@MisterChris
I guess you did sign up for pie's game, so you must have enjoyed it to some extent, even if I was being a pain in your arse lol
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Pattern
It's fun, if not a bit convoluted and sometimes kind of bandwagoney. I'll keep playing I think
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Pattern
And yeah, I saw a Civil War theme and had to get in on that action
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I know it was and you know it was too. I don’t think town should be rewarded for it and you generally agreed with that sentiment to the best of my knowledge.
The frustrating thing is that there are a multitude of lazy players now. Considering the majority are likely to be town in any circumstance, it is going to make games naturally mafia sided. Also if a strategy to win requires banking on towns inactivity, is that really a rewarding win?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Dw folks, Civil War will be fun. I promise
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@ILikePie5
I better be Grant or you get the bayonet
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@MisterChris
It's fun, if not a bit convoluted and sometimes kind of bandwagoney. I'll keep playing I think
It's not always been this bandwagoney. In fact we need more players like you playing to get rid of that, which is why I was more willing to get lynched last day phase when you felt things were getting too toxic. I personally didn't  think it was all that toxic, sometimes games get a little passionate and argumentative, but that's all part of the fun lol. We just need to encourage some of the younger crowd to put in more of an effort. I give supa crap all the time, but I will grant him that he participates a lot more than he used to. We need to encourage that with players like skittlez, croc and bearman as well.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
Also if a strategy to win requires banking on towns inactivity, is that really a rewarding win?
When I was targeted from the start? Ya I think so. The theme was Good vs Evil cause all three of our characters were bad guys. We still pushed past that and quite well if I might add. At some point we had to rely on inactives. 3 days is a long time. The time constraints were given. They should’ve been echoed much much earlier not last minute - that’s the main problem.