Naruto Mafia DP2

Author: Vader

Total: 450
BearMan
Debates: 16
BearMan
-->
@Pattern
Get me back on board, why are we lynching Pie?
Pattern
Debates: 1
Pattern
-->
@BearMan
Get me back on board, why are we lynching Pie?
His character is a villain for one, for two his role claim "Soldier" has only ever been seen once before. It was conveniently in pie's Narcos mafia game. For three, ? It could be a crazy coincidence, but that combined with the fact that he was roleblocked and there was only 1 death (and taking in context that1user's role there is like 3 death conditions), there's like a 30% chance ragnar roleblocked the night kill. This by itself isn't enough to lynch him, but when you combine it with the other two points it makes it makes him the best option for today. There's too much doubt we would have to remove to clear him, even if IMO he has been active and helpful. 
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@BearMan
OH and I guess the 4th reason is that if we don't lynch, the day phase ends in a no lynch, and we wasted the last 3 days. So there's that.
Barney
Debates: 51
Barney
-->
@Pattern
I in part asked people for advice on the block to gather reads from their suggestions.

Anyway, I just ran a RNG with a seed from the first post this DP. Croc did not come up from it (I think I would veto it had he... As I've said before, I want to block someone who is reliably active enough to get up to something in the night).
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@Barney
I in part asked people for advice on the block to gather reads from their suggestions.

Anyway, I just ran a RNG with a seed from the first post this DP. Croc did not come up from it (I think I would veto it had he... As I've said before, I want to block someone who is reliably active enough to get up to something in the night).

The RNG talk makes me wonder a little bit. If someone like greyparrot got roleblocked it will be suspicious and I don't want the excuse to be "I told you guys I was gonna RNG it so you can't blame me". I don't think you should tell us obviously, but you should probably use some logical discretion in who you block, to achieve the best results. Otherwise it may be best to forfeit the action if you may cause more harm than good with it.
Barney
Barney
I can always revise based on which way Pie flips. While the estimated 30% chance he's scum is better than we have for anyone else, he's also been pretty useful to town, so I can imagine things going either way (yeah, I'll lynch off of likelihood without certainty).
Pattern
Pattern
Fair enough
Barney
Barney
While I for some odd reason believe in RNG, they don't override logical vetos, or even intuition on who is acting sketch.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@Greyparrot
@WaterPhoenix
@skittlez09
@Crocodile
@BearMan
2 hours left to vote.
skittlez09
skittlez09
im not 100 % on pie being scum but theres a pretty decent chance he is after reading everything 

the soldier claim, the character being a villain, etc. 

id also rather have a lynch than a no lynch so VTL pie 
skittlez09
skittlez09
-->
@Barney
i gave my full claim yesterday u should prolly update it 
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
This seems obvious, but do not roleblock croc please. Assuming he isn't killed or fvcked with, if he gets results for tomorrow it will confirm like 3 people. I can see why there was a last ditch attempt to get him lynched lol.
How would Croc get results tomorrow lol
Barney
Barney
-->
@skittlez09
Dashboard
Added Rock Lee

X.That1User               Sakura Haruno         HIDER(weak)          ???
X.Speedrace              Gaara                             VENGEFUL (PGO)  N/A
TOWN                          CLAIM                          ROLE                           NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET 
oromagi
Ragnar                         Ensui Nara                  ROLEBLOCKER      iLikePie5
iLikePie5                     Kaguya Otsutsuki    SOLDIER                   N/A
Crocodile                    Kakashi Hatake        MIMIC (vanilla)     Pattern 
WaterPhoenix
BearMan                     CHOJI Akimichi          VANILLA                   N/A
skittlez09                    Rock Lee                       VANILLA                   N/A
Greyparrot                 Sasuke Uchicha        TRACKER                 Ragnar
MrChris
Pattern                        Hinata Hyuga             VANILLA                   N/A
iLikePie5                    Kaguya Otsutsuki      SOLDIER                  N/A
SCUM                          CLAIM                            ROLE                         NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Pattern
>@Ragnar
This seems obvious, but do not roleblock croc please. Assuming he isn't killed or fvcked with, if he gets results for tomorrow it will confirm like 3 people. I can see why there was a last ditch attempt to get him lynched lol.
???

What results could Croc be getting?

If we believe Croc he is now a VANILLA and won't be getting any results for the rest of this game.
If we don't believe Croc's claim, then why should we care what results he might offer next round and why wouldn't RB'ing likely scum be a good idea?

I am still super suspicious of Pattern and the Croc/Pattern dynamic.  I don't think TOWN should trust either.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@oromagi
???

What results could Croc be getting?

Is mimic a 1x role? 

If we believe Croc he is now a VANILLA and won't be getting any results for the rest of this game.
If we don't believe Croc's claim, then why should we care what results he might offer next round and why wouldn't RB'ing likely scum be a good idea?

If he can't mimic futrher, than roleblocking him is fine. I guess I don't understand how the role works.

I am still super suspicious of Pattern and the Croc/Pattern dynamic.  I don't think TOWN should trust either.
I'm fine with being suspected, as long as it's not because you think he's was claiming amnesiac. In my mind when croc used his role it town confirmed two people, and I thought one of us would be night killed because. You leaving some suspicion might make mafia think we are a potential mislynch target, so our chances of survival are higher thanks to you.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
How would Croc get results tomorrow lol
He never said he was 1x, so idk.

You never answered post 352. 

Can you give us your latest reads and who you think we should pursue next day phase in the case of you flipping town?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
He never said he was 1x, so idk.
True, although based on the descriptions it seems like a one time thing, but who knows. Supa is wild

You never answered post 352. 

Can you give us your latest reads and who you think we should pursue next day phase in the case of you flipping town?
Oh sorry I didn’t see it, but I already answered this - Croc. His play is just anti-town. He claims he doesn’t have have time to read it but it takes 15 minutes, if that. Not to mention the summary posts by Chris and Oro and Ragnar. His excuse doesn’t make sense to me but it’s an excuse people are likely to believe because he’s, well, Croc. I still think he role copped you and is just feigning ignorance, just lurking around
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
Oh sorry I didn’t see it, but I already answered this - Croc. His play is just anti-town. He claims he doesn’t have have time to read it but it takes 15 minutes, if that. Not to mention the summary posts by Chris and Oro and Ragnar. His excuse doesn’t make sense to me but it’s an excuse people are likely to believe because he’s, well, Croc. I still think he role copped you and is just feigning ignorance, just lurking around
I think it's a fair read. If croc is scum though, then kakashi was definitely a fake claim, he is more of a main character than most of the claims so far and claiming him would have been high risk considering how many unclaimed we have to potentially CC him. Also he soft claimed it in DP1 I think. Isn't that when he said he was naruto's teacher? Either a really strong fake claim or he's telling the truth.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
I think it's a fair read. If croc is scum though, then kakashi was definitely a fake claim, he is more of a main character than most of the claims so far and claiming him would have been high risk considering how many unclaimed we have to potentially CC him. Also he soft claimed it in DP1 I think. Isn't that when he said he was naruto's teacher? Either a really strong fake claim or he's telling the truth.
I would say he’s probably a fake claim at that point. His behavior just seems anti-town to me. Plus characters don’t really mean much unless we know the theme. He could very be Kakashi and scum, especially if the town was on a tangent about good vs evil, it would’ve been safe to just claim his real character as scum
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I would say he’s probably a fake claim at that point. His behavior just seems anti-town to me. Plus characters don’t really mean much unless we know the theme. He could very be Kakashi and scum, especially if the town was on a tangent about good vs evil, it would’ve been safe to just claim his real character as scum
Is he generally active and contributive as town? He was town in stormlight archives and wasn't active there. And last game didn't really count since I CC'ed him.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Okay let's go with pattern's gut.

VTL PIE
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
Is he generally active and contributive as town? He was town in stormlight archives and wasn't active there. And last game didn't really count since I CC'ed him.
I feel like that’s the problem. His behavior is anti-town no matter what affiliation he is. But the main factor pulling me towards his lynch is the fact that he’s the most optimal person to claim mimic if he’s the role cop because he can feign ignorance at will. And it’s working imo. 15 minutes even if you do nothing is not much to ask especially with summaries provided.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
Whelp😭
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I feel like that’s the problem. His behavior is anti-town no matter what affiliation he is. But the main factor pulling me towards his lynch is the fact that he’s the most optimal person to claim mimic if he’s the role cop because he can feign ignorance at will. And it’s working imo. 15 minutes even if you do nothing is not much to ask especially with summaries provided.
I understand your frustration with inactivity; It's what I was whining to speed about for the last part of dp1. However there are plenty others guilty of the same
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
I think croc is techincally more active than oro, though at least when oro posts he generally posts more than one liners so it appears he is more contributive than he really is often times. Skittlez is slightly more active than normal I am noticing yet in the larger scheme of things not all that active. Grey is grey, but still more active than usual, though contributive is debateable. Bearman has been active but his posts have been short quirks, I am not sure I would classify as particularly helpful.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
Well, I wish y’all luck! Hopefully we win
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
Whelp😭
Btw if you actually are town here, I think you played well. Only thing I would be confused about if you are town is why you claimed soldier. That is what initially got me set on my bus conspiracy theory with ragnar. Claiming that role makes it useless, and if you had said something like "I am a power role and don't feel comfortable claiming", I'd probably have suggested we lynch elsewhere. If you are town no way mafia leaves you alive during lylo. Here's hoping you were scum, but your "whelp" makes me feel uneasy.
Pattern
Pattern
-->
@ILikePie5
Well, I wish y’all luck! Hopefully we win
If you are town, chances aren't good. Especially if some of the lazies are on the scum team and another vet gets picked off tonight. The rest of this game is gonna be an uphill battle for town if you aren't scum.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Pattern
Btw if you actually are town here, I think you played well. Only thing I would be confused about if you are town is why you claimed soldier. That is what initially got me set on my bus conspiracy theory with ragnar. Claiming that role makes it useless, and if you had said something like "I am a power role and don't feel comfortable claiming", I'd probably have suggested we lynch elsewhere. If you are town no way mafia leaves you alive during lylo. Here's hoping you were scum, but your "whelp" makes me feel uneasy.
I’d be forced to claim regardless. I already learned that the hard way in one of the games I was still a noob. I was targeted since the beginning. Nothing I could’ve done would’ve left me alone 
Barney
Barney
That's hammer.

To make sure this is on the final page so easily accessible...

DASHBOARD
X.That1User               Sakura Haruno         HIDER(weak)          ???
X.Speedrace              Gaara                             VENGEFUL (PGO)  N/A
TOWN                          CLAIM                          ROLE                           NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET 
oromagi                      ???                                  ???                                ???
Ragnar                         Ensui Nara                  ROLEBLOCKER      iLikePie5
iLikePie5                     Kaguya Otsutsuki    SOLDIER                   N/A
Crocodile                    Kakashi Hatake        MIMIC (vanilla)     Pattern 
WaterPhoenix           ???                                  ???                               ???
BearMan                     CHOJI Akimichi          VANILLA                   N/A
skittlez09                    Rock Lee                       VANILLA                   N/A
Greyparrot                 Sasuke Uchicha        TRACKER                 Ragnar
MrChris                       ???                                   ???                               ???
Pattern                        Hinata Hyuga             VANILLA                   N/A
iLikePie5                    Kaguya Otsutsuki      SOLDIER                  N/A
SCUM                          CLAIM                            ROLE                         NP1 TARGET       NP2 TARGET