Total: 204
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Have you ever met a woman who tells you, while you're dating, they want to watch sci-fi action horror movies and go shopping and eat delicious food?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Do you think wives should ask a husband how much they make to support them?
Sure, why not?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
There are more "outliers" than "conformists" in my experience.

That is stupid and the definitions of those words prove it. 

Have you ever met a woman who tells you, while you're dating, they want to stay home and raise children and cook and clean and never get a job
Yes, not sure what that has to do with sexual strategy though. You seem to be ignoring the only point I have made about different sexual.market place strategies to say something simple.minded like

"You know some women are different than others"

No shit, genius. Sad that you somehow think the fact Tom Boys exist proves women use the same strategies as men. 

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
No shit, genius. Sad that you somehow think the fact Tom Boys exist proves women use the same strategies as men. 
I never suggested "women use the same strategies as men".

I merely suggested "women use many different strategies".
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
There are more "outliers" than "conformists" in my experience.
That is stupid and the definitions of those words prove it. 
I believe there is a significant difference between the term "conformist" and the term "majority".

I hope you don't believe the planet is saturated with stepford-wives.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
I also agree with you that disfigured people have a harder time getting laid
Perhaps people should try to focus on building meaningful long-term human relationships.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
My strategies for accomplishing what you list would different depending on the wiring of my brain, and my social conditioning.  
Hold up.

Are you suggesting that you have no free-will?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
Are you suggesting that you have no free-will?
That is precisely what I would suggest
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
Whether most women assume a different sexual marketplace strategy than men, has nothing to do with whether free will exists though. So really kinda a stupid question on your part
Wylted
Wylted
Brutal is suggesting the following

"You can't have freewill and also be influenced by your environment and biology. Derp"
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I just want to say that GreyParrot has a point and I say this even as a feminist.

Housewives and their dependency on the breadwinning male isn't just a social construct, it also is/was natural for females to fall into role-wise, especially more submissive females who had a tendency to be highly skilled at childcare and wide-spread in talents (as opposed to streamlined for a career in a single path).

Being a housewife isn't at all an easy job, you are doing what a hired maid, babysitter, cook and in-house secretary would do for the family all by yourself. Anybody who thinks being a housewife is the 'easy way out' is solely referring to those that marry men who hire the said maid, babysitter, cook and in-house planner/secretary such that the 'housewife' is in fact doing nothing towards the raising of the children.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
Brutal is suggesting the following

"You can't have freewill and also be influenced by your environment and biology. Derp"
Well, (IFF) your "will" (or as one might say, "strategy") is influenced by your environment and biology (THEN) your "will" is not "free"
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
Housewives and their dependency on the breadwinning male isn't just a social construct, it also is/was natural for SOME females to fall into role-wise,
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
Well, (IFF) your "will" (or as one might say, "strategy") is influenced by your environment and biology (THEN) your "will" is not "free"
LOL. Freewill implies that you can resist influences and biology. Are you trolling me? You aren't actually struggling to grasp what 7 year olds easily grasp are you?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
Well, (IFF) your "will" (or as one might say, "strategy") is influenced by your environment and biology (THEN) your "will" is not "free"
LOL. Freewill implies that you can resist influences and biology. Are you trolling me? You aren't actually struggling to grasp what 7 year olds easily grasp are you?
What exactly do you think your "will" is "free" from?

How can you "resist" influences-and-biology without an impulse to "resist" influences-and-biology?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
Absolute control of outside entities. 

How can you "resist" influences-and-biology without an impulse to "resist" influences-and-biology?
By having the urge to do so, and deciding to do so. Not sure how that is relevant to the topic at hand though, which is that generally women pick partners based on different qualities than men and generally adopt different dating strategies.  Are you going to either disprove my premise or offer an alternate one. Or is this just an exercise 9f how much you can annoy me, by incorrectly utilizing the socratic method?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
Absolute control of outside entities. 
Would you say your "will" is "free" from (overt) human coercion ?

Would you say that "freedom" from environment + biology is impossible ?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
Would you say your "will" is "free" from (overt) human coercion ?
Sometimes it is, sometimes it hasn't. 

Would you say that "freedom" from environment + biology is impossible ?
To a certain extent. I can't immediately control the influence of PTSD on me, but I can resist it's pills. Freedom from biology is harder. If a schizophrenic has hallucinations or delusions, those are likely M outnof his control. That's just the most obvious example.  
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
How can you "resist" influences-and-biology without an impulse to "resist" influences-and-biology?
By having the urge to do so, and deciding to do so. Not sure how that is relevant to the topic at hand though, which is that generally women pick partners based on different qualities than men and generally adopt different dating strategies.  Are you going to either disprove my premise or offer an alternate one. Or is this just an exercise 9f how much you can annoy me, by incorrectly utilizing the socratic method?
By having the urge.

Isn't "the urge" itself (EITHER) a manifestation of human-instinct (biology) (OR) something learned from experience ("social influences") ?

This is specifically "relevant to the topic at hand" because you seem to be suggesting that a "man" is doomed to a certain mindset and strategy and a "woman" is also doomed to a certain mindset and strategy, making both sides into veritable mono-dimensional cartoon characters.

Your vague "premise" has not been "proved" by you, and so there is absolutely no burden for me to "disprove" anything.

My only contention is that your observational hypothesis is not specifically "wrong" as much as it is somewhat sample-biased.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
This is specifically "relevant to the topic at hand" because you seem to be suggesting that a "man" is doomed to a certain mindset and strategy and a "woman" is also doomed to a certain mindset and strategy, making both sides into veritable mono-dimensional cartoon characters
Incorrect. I have suggested that generally speaking women pick a specific mating strategy, and generally men do also. Nobody is doomed. Some people choose a different one, invent their own or switch back and forth between them. 

Not sure where you think the word "general" means all. It merely means more often than not. A 51% adoption of a trait would make it a general trait
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
Not sure where you think the word "general" means all. It merely means more often than not. A 51% adoption of a trait would make it a general trait
51% seems a bit overly optimistic.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
All women go to the same handful of stores as girls and are subject to toys for example marketed to girls like kitchens, barbies and play vacuums. So yes there is overlap on the conditioning process.
It also appears you may have shifted the goal-posts somewhat.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@3RU7AL
All women are pretty much subject to the same conditioning, not that they all respond to it the same way. I don't think 51% is optimistic.  You haven't even heard my theory, on how they do mate selection to even say it is an incorrect generalization.  

My theory could be as generic as saying, women pursue men that they either want to sleep with or have a relationship with. That is a generic enough statement to include almost everyone, so you really can't say that my theory on how they behave in the sexual market place is incorrect 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Wylted
You haven't even heard my theory,
Please feel free to present your actual hypothesis.