Gender and cancel culture.

Author: Bones

Total: 64
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Society has no obligation to placate to your personal delusions.
Correct. It’s your right as an American to be a complete dick.
sadolite
Debates: 0
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
Remember, you are a fucking dick too. Everyone is a fucking dick to someone for simply expressing an opinion. Your response indicates only what you think is the only way to think about anything. The proof is, they are dicks if they don't. If society doesn't placate to your delusions they are dicks.

Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
We’re not talking about opinions, we’re talking about respecting someone’s wishes to be referred to by their self identified gender. But again, if that’s too much for you then that is your right… to be a dick.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
Pretending to be something you are not is a delusion. Expecting society to placate that delusion or be called a dick is also a delusion.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
It’s not a delusion. Why is this so difficult?

Do you understand the difference between biological sex and gender?

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
Ya,they are the same thing, have been since the dawn of man. Just because you have been indoctrinated to believe they are different doesn't make it true.  Gender and sex are the same thing. Always has been until political correctness and wokeism  to over the college campuses. Its all part of an agenda to force the public to accept perversion and abnormal behavior as being normal  or be called a dick.  You bought  it and now you try to sell it. I would rather be a dick than a politically correct woke  indoctrinated fool.
Bones
Debates: 30
Bones
-->
@Double_R
Do you understand the difference between biological sex and gender?
One is an term of science, the other was fictionalised by people. 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Ya,they are the same thing, have been since the dawn of man.
They’ve always been the same to people who don’t know how to read.

I’m just going to leave this here so you can ignore it.

Gender: “either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated by social and cultural roles and behavior”
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
I have been alive for almost 60 fucking years. All this gender/sex confusion never existed until about 10 years ago. My ability to read is just fine and no where were the terms  sex and gender ever  separated to mean two different things until ten years ago. No one even gave it thought because they meant the same thing. This is just a case of words being highjacked and redefined to mean something they don't mean to push a political agenda. That link you posted did not exist in the past, I know I was alive then.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Yes, because it was never socially acceptable until recent years for people to identify by gender any differently than their biological sex. It’s not that people have changed, it’s that we’ve learned more about the struggle people go through. Caitlyn Jenner didn’t just wake up one day and say “I’ll give this a try”, she struggled with it her whole life but just couldn’t do anything about it till now because of people like you. Well thankfully that’s changing.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
You have just proved everything I just said. A political agenda to force society to placate to delusional people. It's called Gender dysphoria and its a mental illness. A man putting on a dress and cutting his dick off and you telling me I have to call him a woman is no different than you putting a giraffe costume on a dog and you telling me I have to think that is a giraffe and not a dog. Not one fucking difference in the logic.  “Logic helps us to strip off the outward disguise of things, and to behold and judge of them in their own nature.” 
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
I didn’t prove anything you said, you don’t listen.

Your claim was that these people are delusional. To be delusional is to be disconnected from reality. But to support this claim you argued that gender and biological sex mean the same thing. Well, not only is that factually untrue if you actually picked up a dictionary, but more importantly… the people identifying as a different gender from their biological sex are not using the definition you are.

Using a different definition as you does not make them delusional. They understand full well what their biological sex is and how it compares to the gender for which they identify. What they are expressing is how they feel about it, which is a completely different thing.  Calling them delusional for that is like calling someone delusional for liking a ham and cheese sandwich.

So once again, you’re right that you have no obligation to respect their feelings and instead have every right to be a complete dick.

What part of this is so difficult?
sadolite
sadolite
Being a man and thinking you are a woman is disconnected from reality. End of story.  Changing the definition of a word is neither factual or scientific. How you feel is irrelevant to scientific fact. What's so difficult to understand.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Double_R
One produces an egg, and another fertilizes it....This is biological sex.

One produces an egg, and another fertilizes it...Formerly representative of gender.

The term gender has latterly been repurposed to also represent all sorts of other guff, relative to the justification of previously taboo recreational sex acts and conceptual fantasy.

Of course, these days sexual fantasy is easily factualized by the physicians medications, the surgeons knife, the psychologists spiel and the politicians mandate.

Such is human evolution.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
"Such is human evolution." I would call it human devolution. 
sadolite
sadolite
The nonprofit group Parents Defending Education (PDE) published a report exposing Needham High School in Massachusetts for reinventing its biology course curriculum to scrub all “gendered terms.”
The genetics lesson reportedly urges students to no longer make any references to male or female because other “orientations” and “identities” need to feel “included and respected” – even if actual biology gets lost along the way.
The “Language Matters” section of the course instruction claims that natural human biology is not a fixed thing, but rather a “social conditioned” construct that has long mistakenly taught humans “to view sex and gender as binary.”
“Using language that removes gendered terms to talk about bodies helps to ensure that people with diverse (a)sexualities, (a)genders, bodies, and (a)romantic orientations are included and respected,” it goes on to state. (Related: Public schools in California and elsewhere are also grooming students to accept and embrace LGBTQ doctrines.)
Other slides in the presentation talk about subjects like “anatomical sex,” “gender expression,” “gender identity,” and “attraction,” using made-up “examples of variation” from the animal kingdom as “proof” that LGBTQ ideas exist in nature
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Being a man and thinking you are a woman is disconnected from reality. End of story. 
They don’t think they are a woman. What is so difficult about that?

Changing the definition of a word is neither factual or scientific.
All words are made up, and definitions change over time.

Calling someone delusional because their statement doesn’t meat your definition when it’s already been pointed out to you that the definition they are using is not the same, just isn’t serious.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
Men have dicks  and women have vaginas, pretending to be a woman when you have a dick and vice versa  is delusional. mutilating your dick or vagina  changes nothing. How you feel about that is irrelevant. What so difficult about that? Expecting  society to think other wise is living in denial of scientific biological fact.
sadolite
sadolite
Oh ya, one more thing. You cant sell this on its merits to society. You have to use shame tactics, coercion, indoctrination of young children who don't even know what they are accepting as normal  and the gun barrel of govt to force it on people. If your position is so rock solid why are such tactics used.? You tried to shame me by calling me a dick because your other arguments are based on pure emotion and no biological scientific bases. I don't think with my emotions so trying to placate to them is both hopeless and pointless.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Men have dicks  and women have vaginas, pretending to be a woman when you have a dick and vice versa  is delusional. 
We’re not talking about man vs women. We’re talking about male vs female.

Do you know what the word delusional even means? Clearly by your commentary you don’t.

Delusional is when the ideas you believe are disconnected from reality.

In order to determine what someone believes in order to evaluate whether it’s a delusion, you have to use THEIR definitions, not yours.

If I told you the earth is flat, am I delusional? Well, that depends. Am I talking about the planet we all live on or am I referring to the nickname I gave to my ping pong table at home? You can take issue with the nickname of my ping pong table, but calling me delusional because you refuse to acknowledge what I’m actually saying is ridiculous.

This process is an exercise of logic. No one is claiming anything here to be a matter of biological fact. I already provided you with the dictionary definition of gender. The rest is logic 101, including recognition of the fact that your definition of gender is irrelevant to this discussion.

If your position is so rock solid why are such tactics used.? You tried to shame me by calling me a dick because your other arguments are based on pure emotion and no biological scientific bases.
I called you a dick because that is the purely logical conclusion of this exchange. Not as an assessment of your character (I don’t know you well enough to judge) but certainly in this context based on your commentary here. Let’s examine further;

Dick: “a mean, stupid, or annoying man

So do your actions in this context qualify? Yes. Why?

What’s stupid is being unable to recognize the fact that in order to assess whether someone else is delusional you must first understand what they are saying by applying their definitions, not yours

What’s mean is pretending that you do not understand what someone else is saying or purposefully misconstruing it in order to give yourself an excuse to not have to respect their wishes by identifying them how they would like to be identified.

Given your commentary it could only be one or the other. And given the word “or” in the definition, either of these will suffice.

This isn’t an appeal to your emotions, just a statement of fact. You can care about it or not.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Incel-chud
Here's the thing:
" believe there could be genetic predisposition, but it is a preference thing"
clearly demonstrates you merely say that to account for the fact that you are factually incorrect to call it "a preference thing" because liking pizza can indeed be caused by genetics, just as being gay can be. 

You are dismissing the importants of genetics, someone can absolutely be born gay, or be born liking some foods and disliking others. 

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Double_R
"We’re not talking about man vs women. We’re talking about male vs female."    Its the same god damn thing. No matter how much you say it isn't they are the same god damn thing always have been and always will be. You are just trying to redefine words to match your narrative. Just like the schools are doing. Fuck biological fact.

Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
-->
@Theweakeredge
Liking of pizza is clearly something that is mostly cultural. Just like Americans finding Chinese eating dogs disgusting. Food taste is cultural. No doubt there can be some genetic predisposition that make you more inclined to like a certain food, but just like homosexuality, those predisposition caused by genetics are typically but not always just one factor and the smallest factor in sexualt preference.  

You don't seriously think that when the Japanese did feet bonding of women, that sexual preference was actually genetic and not cultural do you? You do have a high enough IQ to realize feet binding was cultural not genetic right?

That's how sexual preference works. It's cultural
sadolite
sadolite
Behavior is not genetic. Behavior is learned. I am being told that behavior is genetic. If that's the case I must accept any and all behaviors equally no matter what they are.  Society must appease any behavior no matter how perverse, violent and fucked up it is.  Everyone is a victim of their own genetics therefore not responsible for for what they do or how they act. My genetics tell me this tells me that man and male and woman and female are the same thing. You must accept that and accommodate it. Webster's dictionary is not proof of anything. The words it adds and definitions it adds are based upon popularity and pop culture not science. Take the word gay for example: A totally made up definition accepted by pop culture.
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
"We’re not talking about man vs women. We’re talking about male vs female."    Its the same god damn thing. No matter how much you say it isn't they are the same god damn thing always have been and always will be.
What part of:

in order to evaluate whether it’s a delusion, you have to use THEIR definitions, not yours.
Do you not understand?
Double_R
Double_R
-->
@sadolite
Webster's dictionary is not proof of anything. The words it adds and definitions it adds are based upon popularity and pop culture not science. Take the word gay for example: A totally made up definition accepted by pop culture.
Where do you think language comes from?
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Those Japanese men still didn't want to see the binding of feet on men they wanted to see the binding of feet on women. Because they had a predisposition towards women and they wanted those women to be attractive and to be attractive they culturally wanted small feet. You realize that all you men are arguing that if your parents would have raised you different you'd be gay that somehow your parents dictated what sex you are attracted to. What you're saying is behaviorally you could be modified to like men and you know God damn good and well that's not the case.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
There is instinctive behaviour,

And then there is acquired behaviour.

And then there is the Egg producer, female.

And the sperm producer, male.

And then there is a conceptually inspired society, that enjoys recreational sex a lot.

And todays societies (not all) have acquired a tendency to regulate child output, and concentrate more on recreational sex.

And people have come to realise that recreational sex does not have limited options.

In fact they realised this a long time ago.

Hang ups, just like everything else are simply transferred and acquired information.

And sexual pleasure is a consequence of evolution.

Just like conservative hypocrisy is a consequence of evolution.

And GAY is a jolly word.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@zedvictor4
Sooo all these behaviors are "learned"
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@sadolite
SOOOO.

The instinctive need is to reproduce.

But we soon learned that sexual stimulation was both physically pleasant and mentally rewarding.

And we also learned that there is more than one way to achieve sexual satisfaction.

Worrying about how we and others achieve sexual satisfaction is just an associated hang up, relative to another set of contrived and inherited data.

Stuff like GODS and social morality.

I always think that it's more perverse to continually worry and think about what other people get up to.

And the more moral and righteous someone becomes the more perverse their fascination with other peoples sex lives becomes.

And the more sexually repressed they become, the more perverse they become.

Devout Roman Catholics for example.

Choir Boys a go go, as it were.

World population 7.9 billion and counting, so currently nothing to really worry about.

So stop worrying about all those blokes living together and adopting puppies.

And all those butch women with short hair and trousers.

DINKIES are good for the economy.

All that you need worry about is Mrs Sadolite and the young Sadolites.....(Assumption)