Author: RationalMadman

Read-only
Total: 245
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@Intelligence_06
I can promise you that I will not be corrupt or play favourites.

I will work to ensure everybody is fairly moderated and host a tournament for debaters who are active every 3 months if there's uptake for it.
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
Do you have any past experience in positions of influence/power?
If so, how did they go?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
Not really gonna discuss my irl details here.

I will like to point out 2 things first, before I indirectly answer your question:

1. This is 1-man-team situation, the President can unofficially assign helpers, that's up to them. This isn't a team manager role.
  2. Not only is it not a team-manager role, the role is actually positioned to be fundamentally defiant to the team manager (chief moderator) and hold them accountable on behalf of those in the userbase that would be easiest to neglect (the recently banned and/or soon to be banned)
I am much better suited than Wylted is for number 2, for a variety of reasons. Wylted jumps from opposer to supporter whenever it suits his selfish agenda whereas I oppose mods based on the reasoning behind their inaction and action (always have, always will). Where you see shifts in me isn't just when I get banned, that's anger, where I really properly resent a mod (like David) is when I notice a lot of double standard BS going on.

~~~~~

Now, to answer your question without revealing too much

I would say that I tend to be the type of person who leads when it's needed and follows when it's demanded. When neither the need nor the demand is there I'm very much a 'do my own thing and do it well' type of guy in a team.

If you're looking for me to say I have a lot of real-life experience being 'the leader' no, I don't have massive amounts. I'm the type that even when I lead, I prefer to train and have a 2nd in command to help overlook the team with me (especially if they're an assertive personality that's gonna be a pain in my ass if I keep trying to lead solo). I'm happy to play ball with other types who want to assert themselves, but I am by no means someone who 'follows' or is weak at leading.

My style of leading is about getting the job done at a decent pace. If there's a task at hand, I neither aim to be the most charismatic leader on the planet nor the meanest and harshest. Why don't I aim for the latter? Because if you rush people, creating an atmosphere of sheer anxiety and fear, you may in the short-term end up with productive workers but they're all disloyal, ready to talk shit about you to your own boss and/or others and really have low morale (which matters if you're going to be leading them over several projects).

So, how would I be as President? I'd know my role, accept that the mods are technically above me, play ball and understand when and when not to assert myself and have all the nuance Wylted says I don't. However, if true injustice occurs, it is my duty as President to challenge it. I am the userbase's last hope in such scenarios.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't have any questions... would love to see you as mod of the religion forum. I think your spiritual beliefs are wild, but that doesn't matter... think you'd do a great job. I vote for you. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@RationalMadman
You have a good eye, I appreciate the fact you see harassment and obnoxious behavior for what it is. There is indeed harassment and abuse taking place in the religion forum that may or may not apply to the COC. It takes someone with keen observation and an emotional component to peg it and acknowledge that it is having a long-term effect on what could be a creative and intelligent environment instead of a rigid, limited and immature setting. 
It is what it is, there doesn't seem to be a seriousness or a devoted presence to make sure that religious and spiritual topics are treated with respect and concern.
Whatever, I think people get off on the freedom they have to ridicule and mock such topics and vent their frustrations on the public where they aren't really held accountable. Ironically, it always becomes the main attraction to any platform...I dedicated my time to this particular forum to try and build something fresh and new after DDO became a disaster but I'm a dreamer lol, I have high hopes but, in a world where hopes are crushed there really is no potential to make it something special, not with the idiots that we have that make it a joke day in and day out. 
The main users are the main problems, they aren't there to create anything useful rather their time is relentlessly dedicated to making that part of the forum a joke, because their opinions about spirituality are a joke. I like a challenge, I like opposition, I like debate and the comparison of opposing views. What I hate is the weird, obsessed freaks that constantly plague every thread with their monotonous BS. Then they get a little dead beat fan club that likes all their posts, and it is the same few trolls that get off on limiting anything useful or serious. All the topics seem to go in the same fcking direction. 

Anyways, Wylted has his faults and obvious character flaws, but he seems pretty dedicated, and he has less emotion invested in his decisions. I don't have any real reason to support any one of you other than I feel there could be improvements. Wylted seems content with the direction of what takes place there. You seem to have a deeper vision, but the question would be what kind of vision and what do you have to offer a dead-beat obnoxious forum and what do you think could be improved? 

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
 recommend to read pages of each in order to not take our own words at face value and see each try to expose the other.
This us untrue. I asked you questions previously before I decided to run, to give you the opportunity to respond to what might be a concern of some of your critics who would be on the fence about whether to vote for you or pie. 

It was meant to help you. I don't think there I anything to expose. 

It's hard to keep that in mind while you are constantly attacking me, but I have no interest in exposing you. I'm just here to give voters a real alternative.  You poll better against pie than me, and as you said, you want a more close competition. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
 You poll better against pie than me, and as you said, you want a more close competition. 
Oh yes, for sure...

You replacing Pie was the best decision you could make for your cause. It would have been so much easier to point out problems with Pie than you.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Do you want to know the funniest part of this, for me, Wylted?

Had Pie run against me, he would neither have said some of the sexist or rude things he's since said with your 'banter' and probably have utilised Polytheist Witch's passion against me (she was no fan of me).

He'd also have been significantly more tactful and pseudo-resepectful to me, it was only after he dropped out that he became so snarky and rude.

You talk about tact, yet you are incapable of it. You think I can't be fake-polite because I am so good at being it and all it took was me telling you that I don't respect you for you to demand Pie to step down and replace him with a candidate that is far easier to demonise, namely yourself.

You talk about nuance and social strategy, I played you like a fiddle and right here right now if you replace out for Pie it is too late and will make Pie look fake as well as you because the only votes that would maintain are the ones you already have anyway.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@EtrnlVw
@Polytheist-Witch
@Outplayz
@Tradesecret
@Lunar108
Those @'d are religion-forum based supporters (or potential supporters) of me who have asked things such as the following:

Anyways, Wylted has his faults and obvious character flaws, but he seems pretty dedicated, and he has less emotion invested in his decisions. I don't have any real reason to support any one of you other than I feel there could be improvements. Wylted seems content with the direction of what takes place there. You seem to have a deeper vision, but the question would be what kind of vision and what do you have to offer a dead-beat obnoxious forum and what do you think could be improved? 
The answer, aside from what I've already made clear, is as follows:

• Those that directly 'go after' particular users over and over will be effectively disciplined and reformed by consistent, active attention paid by moderators to the forum. The president is able to uniquely influence moderator decisions by being invited to a Discord server and channel(s) where private things are discussed. I will ensure they approach this actively.
  • Any who currently have felt ignored, I will get heard. One such user has been polytheist witch, I am the reason Whiteflame posted this to her thread: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/7101/post-links/305388 and have helped her with techniques to definitely get action taken against her harasser if it continues from this day forth (how to react to the harasser and how to report it to the highest ranking moderator that can act on it).
  • Over time, the environment will lack the hostility that's currently there and you will find more casual posters enter as well as that current posters act with less severe caution because they fear less abuse.
I am the primary reporter, to my knowledge, that got BrotherDThomas handled. I don't say that with pride, I say to make clear that even when I've rarely used the forums, it's always been a concern for me whether or not a user or two are making life hell for the rest in the Religion Forums.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Lemming
@n8nrgmi
@Reece101
@Amoranemix
@Benjamin
See above
Wylted
Wylted
You talk about nuance and social strategy, I played you like a fiddle and right here right now if you replace out for Pie it is too late and will make Pie look fake as well as you because the only votes that would maintain are the ones you already have anyway.
Also RM

My personality does not resemble Elliot rodgers
Wylted
Wylted
The narcissism  in that post makes me feel bad for you. Bragging of being manipulative is not a good look, but at least you are honest 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Nothing you have done less of than me. You have fucked your campaign up so bad at this point nobody can look worse.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
your misogyny is a lot more elliot rodgers-esque btw
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I don't even have to quote you to shame you; every post you made to this thread, your own campaign thread, 3RU7AL's nomination thread and the religion forum debate about reforming it let me sit back and allow people to judge you for the nasty guy that you are.

You are the narcissist blinded by your ego, you are the one who totally and utterly lacks tact or any EQ at all. The fact I can be this blunt is due to you failing at the very tact you pride yourself on.
Wylted
Wylted
your misogyny is a lot more elliot rodgers-esque btw
I was referring to his personality, not his ideology.

For example a perceived persecution complex, dividing the world into persecutors and persecuted. Also the privileged childhood, combined with a very isolated childhood, similar to yours that contributes to wierd personality quirks
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Alright and between you and I who is a huge fan of how Elliot got his firearms?

You really want to go there? I am not your plaything to compare to who you want and make react how you want, it's pathetic to see you try quite frankly.

Between you and I, the one closer to being a misogynistic incel who is pro-guns is you. You literally couldn't resist saying you'd seduce and fuck Danielle, a married lesbian, in order to 'one-up' me or some shit. Get a sense of decency and respect to others before running for a position where you're meant to represent their interests.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
@Discipulus_Didicit

You have both become unsure of me as a candidate. Please tell me what specifics of my platform or personality make you unsure you want to support me and I will try my best to at least lessen it a bit.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
This election is like voting between Joe Biden or Donald Trump. Donald Trump is an asshole but I liked his policy more. Biden is more respectable but I disagree with his policy. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Why do you disagree with my policy when you yourself have benefitted from the peace that ROs offer, in the past?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Lemming
Do you have any past experience in positions of influence/power?
If so, how did they go?
I have. I was team captain of a pool team in the APA that I led to go deep in a national tournament in Vegas.

I was also a general manager at Wendy's , and had the best numbers of any store in my district and my managers always maxed out on bonuses.

I quit because I got tired of feeding people's addiction to shit food and got into sales. I started in a call center and was one of the most persuasive people in the office and just this week, I was offered a sales job making up to 6 figures. 

Not only am I a proven leader, but I am proven as a master persuader as well. I can provide citations if needed, and PM them to you, though it may take some time to dig up old phone numbers, the new ones will be easier. 
Wylted
Wylted
Site wise, between here and ddo, I have played 4 games of survivor and have led my team to be the last ones standing in 3 out of those four games. 

When I lead, my team wins. Winn ING this election, makes the entire site my team. 

I don't lose. It's up to the site to elect me though. I am handcuffed and can not fight as hard as my last victory for presidency on DDO. I also don't want to fight as hard. It's important that the people who support me fight hard this time. That the people who care about the future of this site, have read lunatics thread and do something about preserving this site, because as of now it is floundering and ready to die. As I speak the threads were dad for the last 3 hours, zero debates are in the challenge period. The site is close to ruin, because of over moderation and Rm's solution is to increase moderation. My priority is to fight the disease that is likely going to destroy this site, if nothing is done.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
When I lead, my team wins. Winn ING this election, makes the entire site my team. 
No, just makes Pie and whoever else is your core support base your team if that analogy were to even work.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I don't lose. It's up to the site to elect me though.
Yes you do, we all lose things, you just have delusions of grandeur.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Not only am I a proven leader, but I am proven as a master persuader as well. 
Evidence one should not take your word for things as you are so persuasive, yes?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
As I speak the threads were dad for the last 3 hours, zero debates are in the challenge period. The site is close to ruin, because of over moderation and Rm's solution is to increase moderation. My priority is to fight the disease that is likely going to destroy this site, if nothing is done.
Yes, your anti-semitic, anti-black and severe conspiracy theory posts and threads tend to make people think this site is full of toxic lunatics. Then they don't sign up. Funny how that works, isn't it?

You're not even breaking rules so you're allowed to do that as you tactically word it all and then go 'oh I wonder why the site's dead, it's got to be overmoderation'.

Since the mods got rid of Mesmer and BrotherD, the religion forums have found a healthy lifestyle again and after the polytheist-witch scenario's been dealt with it will get even less toxic.

That's the real way to attract people to join the website, make it appear healthy to join in.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@RationalMadman

Well stated.
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
That's a lie lol
Vader
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
The old RO policy sucked. I am the one who fixed it
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Vader
Why do you disagree with my policy when you yourself have benefitted from the peace that ROs offer, in the past?
I can think of 2 people you had it with that you since have been peaceful with.

One is me.