Build Back Dart Better, campaign announcement

Author: Wylted

Total: 137
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
It looks like the post you linked just broke down the specific anti natalist arguments I would use, and didn't really contradict anything. 

Anti natalists lean heavy on Schopenhauer as probably a forefather of their movement, though it didn't exist until after he died
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@RationalMadman
I'm not sure who I'll be voting for in the election. As for my relationship with Wylted outside of the site, I'd say it's cordial. Just some frank discussions on some personal and general topics, some of which we have agreed on and others not. We've known each other for quite a while, since he joined DDO at the same time that I did. In that sense, I know him better than most users and he has more experience communicating with me personally than most users.
Wylted
Wylted
See I told you we were best friends 
Wylted
Wylted
Post 62 pretty much confirms I would probably be in a better position to influence whiteflame's decisions than RM, and the only real power of the president is persuasive power.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@Wylted
Post 62 pretty much confirms I would probably be in a better position to influence whiteflame's decisions than RM, and the only real power of the president is persuasive power.
Alright, let me clarify this as well.

RM is probably one of the few other people on the site that has been in personal contact with me for a rather long period. He has exclusively done it through the site, but we've had similar discussions. I wouldn't set you two apart so far in that regard. I've known you longer, but that doesn't give you greater influence over me. If you want to claim that direct communication over a prolonged period = a better position to influence me, that's up to you, but you both have that.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@whiteflame
I appreciate how you are navigating this situation. I've been in leadership positions as well, and have had to use similar diplomatic language.
RationalMadman
Debates: 568
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
RM is probably one of the few other people on the site that has been in personal contact with me for a rather long period. He has exclusively done it through the site, but we've had similar discussions. I wouldn't set you two apart so far in that regard. I've known you longer, but that doesn't give you greater influence over me. If you want to claim that direct communication over a prolonged period = a better position to influence me, that's up to you, but you both have that.
- WF
I appreciate how you are navigating this situation. I've been in leadership positions as well, and have had to use similar diplomatic language.
-Wylted

Perception is a funny thing.

I will let the reader decide which of the 2 of us is delusional about themselves as I've also been accused of having delusions of grandeur.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
If you're best friends with him, is that not a problem when you need to battle him in defense of a user? Challenge him?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Advocating for something or somebody, does not need to be hostile. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
I will be asking you  the three fundamental things Ilikepie5 asked me in my thread

Should a person who makes rational and fact based (either sources, etc) arguments about their support of racism, sexism, transphobia, etc be banned?

How do you reconcile differences that may be “derogotary” with pure differences. For example, if I say Blacks are dumber than whites because of their inherent brown structure and provide evidence, should I be banned?

*do or do you not* believe that white supremacy should be advocated for/debated on the site when it includes evidence?
The ** text is inserted by me for the question to apply to Wylted

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
Especially not when you will bow your head like a good puppet when he tells you to.

'puppet' is my words, yes, but you chose option 1 as your go-to every time correct?
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@badger
Wylted is God's Righteous Man. 
Amen
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Should a person who makes rational and fact based (either sources, etc) arguments about their support of racism, sexism, transphobia, etc be banned?
No.

How do you reconcile differences that may be “derogotary” with pure differences. For example, if I say Blacks are dumber than whites because of their inherent brown structure and provide evidence, should I be banned?
No. I would differentiate by the appearance of legitimate arguments. I will give an example of an argument and non argument.

1. Asians can't drive, fuck Asians

That should be ban worthy

2. Asians disproportionately get into auto accidents (citation)

That should be permissible. 

The first one is an insult, even without the "fuck Asians" part. The second one is an argument. I wouldn't limit this to just popular groups to white knight for. The following thing would also be banned

1. All pedophiles should be castrated.

While the next statement is acceptable

2. Castration of pedophiles will likely lead to less children being raped. 

You see the difference? We want a free market place of ideals, and it should have a balance of being civil while also being allowed to be heated. 

*do or do you not* believe that white supremacy should be advocated for/debated on the site when it includes evidence?

It should be advocated for if somebody believes that, and the person should be treated with respect and encouraged to stay, so they don't retreat into some echo chamber that results in a dangerous purity spiral. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
You see, Wylted, what you are a textbook poser, manipulator and gaslighter even.

When it suits you, you will twist anything and any situation even a friendship you formed with Whiteflame to your advantage and yet when I point out the flaw that comes with being his best bud, suddenly you'll revert to the rebellious freedom fighter persona that is gonna defend everyone's freedom.

Cute position, adorable really but in the end I'm the beast you want in your corner, yes your corner mr recently-banned, when you get banned because I won't cower. I do not bow to them, I actually fight for the freedom you pretend you will.

Your voters are voting for a self-admitted shill who prides himself on his literal only conviction in life being that god is real.

Now we are getting into psychology.  My therapist seemed to notice this as well and asked my.

"Why don't you have any convictions"

I don't, which is why I can change with the wind. The resolute part is something I do just for rhetorical purposes. 

Perhaps not having convictions will change though.  I have one conviction and it acted like a light bulb going off in my head and I lot of things flowed from it.

RM, God is real. 

Knowing this has unclouded my judgement in a lot of ways, and many things flow from this. 

And if it suits you it's god's will you become president instead of me, but who are you as a mortal to talk of God's will? Watch your tone to declare such things if you truly worship this deity because I know that you are not truly a believer if you think you know of God's will.

A true believer would let things play out and know that no matter who wins is God's will. That is real faith, real worship and real humility.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
Especially not when you will bow your head like a good puppet when he tells you to.

'puppet' is my words, yes, but you chose option 1 as your go-to every time correct?

No, I assumed in the scenario it was a one shot thing. In good negotiations though both parties are usually a bit unhappy, so all successful advocacy attempts will still lead a bad taste in your mouth.

If my general efforts (not just a single instance) were unsuccessful than I would have to figure out whether to just make a public statement that I am impotent so we can crowd source some solutions to fix that, though the individual discussions, even if they remain fruitless will always be confidential.  
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
the only reason you went from posting this:

to this very thread is that I didn't soothe your fragile ego in my thread and pretend to respect a guy I have seen habitually lie, twist context, post tactically worded antisemitism and anti-black racism even mocking the disabled and relishing in the anguish of a user he said the world would be better of if she was dead and laughing with pleasure as she showed severe frustration at his victimisation and the supporters you have need to question the man you are.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't think you winning is a terrible thing. I think you'll do a great job. If you do win, clearly it is God's will and me and my voters all need to respect that and get behind you.

I'm not sure why you think my position would be different than that 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
No, I assumed in the scenario it was a one shot thing. In good negotiations though both parties are usually a bit unhappy, so all successful advocacy attempts will still lead a bad taste in your mouth.
You didn't, nice attempt to gaslight, your question was this:

Are you capable of proving your ability to use discretion.  The ability to use discretion is important to a working relationship.  Let's say you earn whiteflames trust and he starts leaning heavy on you as an advocate for users he interacts with less than you. 

A lot of those conversations may be very private and ugly facts about users could come out that was only the privy of mods. Say whiteflame concludes a particular case of harassment is not harassment and the user should go unpunished. You guys fight hard over it and he basically says "fuck you, not banning the harasser " . Your only two options are

1. Drop your argument and let the harasser get away with it

Or

2. Air your personal grievances with whiteflame publicly and break his trust and ruin the relationship necessary for a working relationship.

Will you and can you be trusted to take option 1.

I know I have the ability to maintain that relationship with whiteflame and have previously proven it as I have interacted with him a lot off site and we have both told each other personal things, and both of us have seen each other never betray that trust.  Can whiteflame trust you like he trusts me, so a working relationship is possible?

You never said one time in one scenario, you said which is the default that I would go for in defense of a user that was being abused via harassment while Whiteflame turned a blind eye to it.

I made crystal clear what my stance was. You did as well. Do not change what you said to imply you can switch it around when it suits you, that only discredits you saying option 1.
Wylted
Wylted
Obviously the scenario is meant to be a single incident LOL. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Wylted
Why are you laughing? The question posed made clear three things,

1. This was to represent my approach to multiple conversations and reflect my default approach if totally ignored by Whiteflame on a matter I deemed severe harassment.
  2. There were only 2 extremely contrasted options (sheer negligence vs sheer exposure/rebellion)
  3. You chose option 1, I chose option 2
I'm the freedom defender, you're the conformist shill. It doesn't matter what you do to twist this now, as you always want to twist things and laugh and downplay seriousness but you want to expose each other for being bad leaders? You're actually one of the worst options to lead out of the entire website, I say that not out of spite but that I would genuinely vote Pie over you.

Wylted
Wylted
Pie endorses me
badger
Debates: 0
badger
What is your dishonest opinion of your opponent? 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@badger
If you are looking for a dishonest opinion than here it goes.

RM is an autistic spazz, he also seems to think that is some sort of advantage to allow him to be more socially adept than me and to be better able to influence the site's power brokers. 

I don't actually believe this, but thought it would be a fun answer
badger
badger
Have you ever been sexually aroused by someone on this website? 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@badger
I guess so. Zarroette used to send me a bunch of flirty stuff, but now that she is a dude I question my sexuality. Also Danielle made some sexual remarks towards me that were arousing. 
Wylted
Wylted
Anyone wondering what inspired my dishonest opinion can read it here 

badger
badger
-->
@Wylted
What about EmilyRose? 
badger
badger
What can we do to bring women back to DebateArt?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@badger
She was hot. Never aroused by her though. I remember being on a group call with her, she seemed to get off on acting overtly flirtatious towards Virgin debate nerds and making them squirm. 

I didn't allow myself to be aroused by her because I thought she was a trannie until I heard her voice. 
badger
badger
-->
@Wylted
What is that crazy story I'm half remembering about some boyfriend she had or something? A kidnapping?