Total: 107
airmax1227
Debates: 0
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
Multiple choice 
Simp Lord is an interesting title, though I'm not sure what it implies in terms of actual productivity haha so we'll have to discuss this on Friday
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
Every woman who joins must first message me before they are approved and welcomed into the community 
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
My proposition is that we add more relevant medals and add a site currency that can be exchanged for site items 

We can call it airmax bucks 
I don't know if you recall the Raisor Ruble initiative, but recently Lunatic and I began discussing it again. It was an idea I was really excited about, but it kept being upended by DDO's site issues at the time. Bossy and I even made a fun video about it, detailing exactly how it worked.

In any case, the concept is there, just have to work out details in a way that it can actually be integrated into DART in a fun, activity motivating way... So I'm on board with it conceptually, and it'll be part of the meeting Friday or within the next couple weeks.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
Every woman who joins must first message me before they are approved and welcomed into the community 
We definitely want to increase our female membership, and to that end, I'm gona say this probably isn't gona be how we approach that.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
I like if we can actually code the site with it they would be great. 

Like 1 debate generates x
100 forum posts generates x 
1 vote generates x
Head moderator can also pass it out via tournies and set it up as a free market system 

But you can use that to buy additional features on your profile or buy certain badges that are displayed out by the medals etc 
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
I must simp the old fashioned way. 

Sad
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
I like if we can actually code the site with it they would be great. 

But you can use that to buy additional features on your profile or buy certain badges that are displayed out by the medals etc 
Yeah it's a great idea, and something I put a lot of thought into towards the end of DDO. It started as a voting initiative, that the currency was created via voting, and a voting group was specifically created for it, and then the market would evolve on its own. In the end it became pretty complex, but the limitations of DDO meant the entire system was kept on a google doc.

Unfortunately, right after the first roll out of it, the site had like a 4 day down time due to a server issues, and then within a couple weeks of the second roll out the spampocylypse happened. It seemed to be an idea doomed to be defeated by the site itself. But I'm still excited about the concept and if integrated into DART it could be amazing. Naturally it would have to be adjusted for DART to some degree to make it fair and such, but the basic functions of it, currency for activity based things, especially voting and winning debates/tournaments is universal. It's certainly something I'd be excited to work on again.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
Lessssss do eeet
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
Lessssss do eeet
Certainly something worth putting on the list. Probably worth considering a low-tech beta version and seeing how that goes, and then seeing if it can be integrated into the site properly. Could actually be a quick-win program at first in its most basic form, and then eventually become one of the sites coolest features when fully realized. Definitely a discussion worth having soon, so I'll have to see if I can find my notes on the original program.
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
It's a reason for people to do stuff. And something that can replace elo in a way by offering incentives for participation in site activities
Mikal
Mikal
-->
@airmax1227
What are your thoughts about people liking or upvoting their own posts. Essentially "liking" their own posts 
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
It's a reason for people to do stuff. And something that can replace elo in a way by offering incentives for participation in site activities
The video Bossy and I made included a narrative about a new member of DDO to more simply explain the idealized version of the program. Basically a new member comes onto the site, and incentivized by Raisor Rubles joins the site's official voting group. He then realizes he can actually make more Raisor Rubles by starting his own group (and paying RRs to those members), which now competes with the official group, and there's an economic effect on the Raisor Ruble economy as Debaters reach out to the managers of each group to have them direct their members to place votes on their debates. This member then eventually starts doing tournaments with Raisor Ruble buy-ins offering RR prizes to the winner. He then progresses onto other things I don't recall, but the whole narrative was to give an idea of a living economy based on the interests of the membership, and in a fun incentivizing way. Integrated into DART with stuff like profile swag and other things worth buying, the idea really could be far more amazing than the low-tech version DDO would have had at its most successful.
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Mikal
What are your thoughts about people liking or upvoting their own posts. Essentially "liking" their own posts 
I don't have any strong opinion on this
airmax1227
airmax1227
Took me a little bit, but I found the return thread (that links to the original) of the Raisor Rubles program. There were some fun ideas here that really were done in the most basic ways possible due to the circumstances. Just thinking back on this now makes me excited to think we could make this work, and in far better ways.

Anyways, just something worth talking about right now. I don't want to get ahead of ourselves since it's just a concept worth looking into and discussing with the community, but I'm very enthusiastic to start getting to work on all the great things we can achieve.
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@airmax1227
Btw it's great to see you again. We need to play risk or mafia again together one of these days.
Definitely if I'm free sometime I will log in. Hezbollah will return to the Risk board.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Can you release an official, direct statement about whether you support or condemn Lunatic's and Mikal's conduct in how they've campaigned against your opposition and behaved throughout this phase of pre-election?
Do you endorse how Lunatic and Mikal carried themselves and treated Ilikepie5 and myself during this election?
You are still going on with this lol? RM let it go. You lost, we won. I've worked things out with pie via PM's. It seems the only person still salty here is you. I am willing to move forward with things if you are but if you want to keep at it, I am probably mostly just going to encourage people to ignore you. I thought you had a lot more pull than you did here, but the election clearly demonstrated how insignificant your effect on others is. That's not a dis, just a fact. Now we are willing to work with you towards making the site better if that's what you want. Or you can stay mad and focus on petty beefs. I was actually proud of you for being honorable and saying "GG" before, but are you really gonna keep inflating this? For a guy who claims to be bullied, you sure are going out of your way to make sure this feud continues. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
I also don't want anyone to think that because of this, there are things I'm just going to avoid because they are complicated or might make me look bad
Nobody thinks that at all, don't worry. Everything's okay in your safe space.

The amount of total hypocrisy in this statement is mind boggling. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
Whatever excuse he needs.

anyway as for you, I think you need to learn what real lyricism is:

epilepsy warning

By "Real lyricism" do you mean randomly going on a rant mid rap battle and forgetting flow and rhyme scheme?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@airmax1227
Why didn't you vote for yourself in the election?
airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Lunatic
If things don't go so well I at least wana be able to say that I didn't even vote for the guy.
Lunatic
Lunatic

Did you and her attend the same speaking school?

It's okay RM, we are starting to understand that you can't read more than a paragraph without losing interest.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@airmax1227
If things don't go so well I at least wana be able to say that I didn't even vote for the guy.

lmao thats funny
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mikal
Media Administrator
Simp Lord 
Head of media outreach 
Lord God of Dart and Leader of the simp gang 
Editor and Chief 
We should call you "Airmax's hitman" and make you his body guard. Anyone who defies you will get slain in rap battle like you did to RM. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Mikal
My proposition is that we add more relevant medals and add a site currency that can be exchanged for site items 

You can exchange or trade this currency openly. You win said currency by placing votes , completing debates, answering questions, or making forum posts 

We can call it airmax bucks 

Also can do badges on top of medals 

I was literally just talking to max about the Raisor Rubles program lol 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@airmax1227
In fact, now that I think about it, you have called me manipulative on several occasions, and that's probably a fair criticism, especially coming from you since we have had several incidents on DDO of significant magnitude (you are welcome to talk as much or as little about these events as you like). And I think that my goal of trying to be persuasive towards a particular end result could certainly be interpreted as manipulative

I didn't want to dig up old wounds, but when I won the presidency, I felt like I really needed your support to make it work and that I had a lot to offer. That's one of the reasons it was tough for me to drop out this time. I know I could have beat you here, and I would have been a romantic victory. A Cinderella story of sorts. I just thought you were better at achieving the same ends I wanted to meet, so I didn't want to hurt my own agenda, which we shared. It also annoyed me that people thought I dropped out to avoid splitting the vote. Half of brutal voters would have went to me, as well as half of yours. I understand why RM, was annoyed when his motives were questioned. 

RM, legitimately wanted you to win. I know because what tipped him to drop out, was when he asked your chances of winning, with him in and out of the race. He knows I'm pretty good at figuring this stuff out, so I told him you were only like 75% with him in it, but about 90% with him out of the race. Dropping out was a seriously selfless decision on his part. 

You not only bowed to a vocal minority on DDO, but you were pretty aggressive about getting me to step down, even writing my resignation speech.

I acknowledge that some of this is my fault. I thought more about the path to victory than I did, about when I won the office.  I saw the victory as an endpoint, that would set me up to do good things. Instead I should have seen what came after the election as an end point. Giving myself a thinner margin of victory, to make the real platform more effective, would have been preferable. 

Anyway, I don't think you handled me winning, appropriately. I also felt like you were playing with my emotions to get me to quit. Which worked. 

The vocal minority that you/we bowed to was a group of less than 7 people who would have flamed out eventually. I was already making bridges behind the things to get a lot of stuff going, even with former political rivals like bsh1. 

I'm not trying to remember these things, but that is the only incident, where I felt like I saw your true colors. Perhaps I am wrong and what I saw was out of character, but I can't push it out of my head. 

Before that I saw you as perfectly fair. I didn't necessarily agree with you before the incident, but prior to it, I saw you as very honorable. The reaction where I saw you behind the scenes trying to destroy the presidency the week after I won , made me question your honor. 

I was worried about you similar thing if RM won on this site. I felt like RM should lose, but I was making plans for defending him, if he won. I assume once he won, I would see the mods, completely neuter the position. Rm didn't know this, but my plan if he won, was to make damn sure he wouldn't get neutered, that he would be treated as president, because he earned it. 

Thanks for telling me you are willing to talk about these things, I still think I have screenshots of some of those conversations and showed them to Thett and Co a few years ago, and they felt like the manipulative tone of the conversations was something they had never seen from you before as well.
spacetime
spacetime
-->
@airmax1227
Can you release an official, direct statement about whether you support or condemn Lunatic's and Mikal's conduct in how they've campaigned against your opposition and behaved throughout this phase of pre-election?

Do you endorse how Lunatic and Mikal carried themselves and treated Ilikepie5 and RM during this election?

spacetime
spacetime
-->
@airmax1227
Can you get Bluesteel and Raisor to join DART?
RationalMadman
Debates: 569
RationalMadman
-->
@spacetime
Even if you pasted that to mock me, thank you for reiterating the dodged question.
Mikal
Mikal
It's also the case that I'm reluctant to engage in something that I feel is more intended to be a gotcha game type thing, rather than something with a purpose. I mean I'll engage in tough questions especially if my integrity is being questioned, but I'd rather do so if I feel it's being done to actually understand the situation and engage in it honestly.

airmax1227
airmax1227
-->
@Wylted
RM, legitimately wanted you to win....Dropping out was a seriously selfless decision on his part. 
I agree and I certainly respected that.

You not only bowed to a vocal minority on DDO, but you were pretty aggressive about getting me to step down, even writing my resignation speech.
There's a reason I brought this up, and it's because in the entire time I worked on DDO, I can probably count the number of things I'd do over again if I could on one hand, and this is probably one of them. And it's not because of the more superficial reasons, the presidency itself or some political nonsense, but because of what you have described. I do feel like I could have, even should have, done something differently, and so I remember it well.

I thought more about the path to victory than I did, about when I won the office.  I saw the victory as an endpoint, that would set me up to do good things. Instead I should have seen what came after the election as an end point. Giving myself a thinner margin of victory, to make the real platform more effective, would have been preferable. 
I think there is an important lesson here for both of us really since you articulated it that way. The way we win really does matter. If we get tunnel vision on victory itself, and compromise on our principals than that victory can be permanently tainted or problematic to some degree. You did win, but you won in a way that had half a dozen members at least spamming me angrily. Some demanded I declare the election illegitimate, but I knew I couldn't do that since there were no rules for that. There was no precedent for that. I  couldn't, and wouldn't just declare your victory void, and I said as much to those hassling me about it.

I really should have just left it there. It reminded my in some way of my annoyance by the rape-battle debate. I had several members angry at me that I did nothing. I was literally being called a rape apologist by some people privately. But I wasn't about to censor the debate or temp-ban you or anything because I didn't, and still don't believe in that type of censorship.

But again, in the case of election, I probably should have just done nothing, but the angriest members probably got to me to some degree and I considered what options I actually did have. I couldn't declare the election void, and I also felt like I just couldn't do nothing, so I took the route I probably feel the worst about in the end, and I somehow convinced you that resigning was the best option. The ironic thing is that to the members most angry at me, they still spammed me about doing nothing, since they had no idea that I had even talked to you. I literally had one member link me to the resignation speech that I wrote, saying something like, "you are worthless and did nothing here, I got Wylted to resign, go to hell" or something essentially like that because I didn't share the fact that I was the catalyst for that.

Part of me still feels like the case I was making, that this is what is best for the site, that this is a tainted election and whatever case I made, is true, but I'm not sure I should have opined on it at all. I think that while I may have gotten the outcome I wanted, which was that we moved past it all because you resigned because I convinced you to, I'm not sure that was a good way for me to "win". Just like I'm asserting to you that the way we win matters, in the end of that entire scenario, I certainly didn't feel like I won anything. Those most persistent that I do something, never knew I did anything, and still blamed me for the whole debacle. But more importantly, I felt like I probably made the wrong call in getting involved at all, and now I can look back and feel like it was a manipulative course I took to resolve the issue.

Anyway, I don't think you handled me winning, appropriately. I also felt like you were playing with my emotions to get me to quit. Which worked. 
Even if that's the least charitable way to express this, I feel that the fact that it could possibly be described that way, shows enough fault on my part and I regret it. I mean, the justification for all of this in my mind was very easy at the time. I can't do anything about the election results, but Wylted probably understands that this "Victory" is gona be viewed as problematic for such and such reason... so a simple solution is to ask him to resign and call it a day. I can pretty much "do nothing" and get the proper results, and most people wont even know I did anything at all. The irony there is that my "doing nothing" didn't actually appease those most angry with the situation, since they actually thought I did nothing - and that is what I should have done. I should have just let you take office and do whatever with the level of legitimacy you created for yourself and perhaps let the point prove itself. But I was a bit shortsighted in that regard, even if my point would have proved accurate. Still it doesn't justify my intervention and manipulation.

I'm not trying to remember these things, but that is the only incident, where I felt like I saw your true colors. Perhaps I am wrong and what I saw was out of character, but I can't push it out of my head. 
That's fair, though the reason I specifically do recall this very well, and brought it up, is because I do feel like it was out of character. I have very few skeletons in my closet, and I'm exposing this because it's not a moment I'm proud of, and I do feel like it's worth scrutinizing. I'm not sure I'm guilty of doing something wrong to the site, to the contrary even, but I'm guilty of violating my personal principals. I shouldn't have put you in a position to make the decision I asked you to, and I still regret that, and I hope you can forgive me for that. I do sincerely apologize for it, and hope you can forgive me.

The reaction where I saw you behind the scenes trying to destroy the presidency the week after I won , made me question your honor. 
I think this was more organic, than me simply trying to destroy the presidency. I think Mikal should get the credit for wounding the institution beyond repair, and then your "Victory" would have, and did, create a permanent group (a vocal minority perhaps) of very passionate anti-Wylted/Presidency advocates. I should probably have just sat that entire thing out, but it was such a political firestorm that I couldn't... and that's one of the reasons I just want to avoid all politics in the future and I hope that being as candid as I'm trying to be here, is evidence of that.