Should we put the unvaccinated in concentration camps?

Author: Incel-chud

Total: 107
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Incel-chud
I didn't know. How do I go full red pill and delete posts or edit them, so I don't have to own up to my mistakes?
With the delete button or the edit button.
Incel-chud
Debates: 6
Incel-chud
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That only works for like 5 minutes. How do I edit posts from like last week?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Incel-chud
You can have internment camps without  isolation, enslavement, theft of possessions or being turned into soap or skin lamps.

But you used the term concentration camp....twice.  Concentration camps specifically evoke NAZI concentration camps although the term has seen some use before and after the NAZIs.

Using the term Concentration Camp specifically invokes Auschwitz.  Any person exercising good judgement can make a distinction between Auschwitz and a five day medical isolation, right?
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@oromagi
Using the term Concentration Camp specifically invokes Auschwitz.  Any person exercising good judgement can make a distinction between Auschwitz and a five day medical isolation, right?

Why do you think it would be a 5 day hold. They were asked generally about forced containment. The containment would have to be indefinite, as the Covid virus is not going to stop existing. They didn't ask about internment of infected people, they were asked about forced internment for unvaccinated.

You can feel free to call it an indefinite medical hold or call it a work camp or call it a reeducation center, so they can be propagandized to voluntarily vaccinate. The point of the study. The point of showing the results of the study anyway, is about showing how far a group is willing to go because of inflated fears. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/18/briefing/atlanta-shootings-kamala-harris-tax-deadline-2021.html

Even if the fears were not exxagerated, the proper attitude to have as an american is.

"Give me liberty or give me death"

or

"A person who would choose any amount of security, over freedom, deserve neither freedom nor security"

Those are quotes from America's founding fathers who created what was once the greatest country on the planet.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
@Incel-chud

Don't mention the Uyghurs.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
That only works for like 5 minutes. How do I edit posts from like last week?

Something like this?
Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
Can we agree on that the purpose of isolating the unvaccinated is to not let them infect others or to be infected, and not to imprison them?
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
Also, I still don't get it. Why not just let them stay home and/or not provide certain services until they get the vaccine?

Why are people afraid of the vaccine in the first place?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
-->
@Incel-chud
Even if the fears were not exxagerated, the proper attitude to have as an american is.

"Give me liberty or give me death"

or

"A person who would choose any amount of security, over freedom, deserve neither freedom nor security"

Those are quotes from America's founding fathers who created what was once the greatest country on the planet.
Even if my own parent told me these quotes, I'd laugh. After all, if I get scolded for the laugh, I need to rather die than not be free to laugh at them right? ;)
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
I voluntarily stay at home and isolate. If you don't, you can take the vaccine, you are free to do so(it is free).
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Intelligence_06
I voluntarily stay at home and isolate. If you don't, you can take the vaccine, you are free to do so(it is free).

The isn't how freedom works LOL
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
The isn't how freedom works LOL
Then how?

Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Intelligence_06
Freedom is about having the autonomy to do what you want.  There are 2 types of freedom.  Liberals tend to focus on positive rights and  conservatives negative rights. When Americans refer to freedom, they are usually talking about negative rights.

Positive rights are things you would call "freedom from". When FDR created his new bill of rights, it was about positive freedoms. Things such as freedom from poverty, freedom from hunger, freedom from the threat of nuclear war.

Negative rights are basically rights that would be afforded to you, if you live in the forest around no other humans. Freedom to say whatever you want, freedom to do drugs, freedom to saw off a shotgun etc. 

When Americans say freedom they usually mean the following.

1. Freedom of autonomy to go where you want
2. Freedom of speech to criticize government
3. Freedom to live a life where if you are ethical, you don't even notice the government even exists

So freedom is not about the option to go outside if you do what your government commands, such as getting a vaccine. It would be freedom to go outside unconditionally.  Freedom to choose whether to get a vaccine, based on your own weighing of AL risk and reward and understanding of the facts. 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
I will take the freedom of dying from COVID and the freedom of being killed by cops, as well as the freedom of being sexually dysfunctional, thank you.

No, no, am I correctly understanding this? 
Intelligence_06
Intelligence_06
-->
@Incel-chud
Also, we should never ever illegalize not yet receiving the vaccine, because you could eventually do it. But since unvaccinated people can't be trusted around, I think it is pretty rational to not let them ride in amusement parks, buses, etc.

Vaccine is better than no vaccine, but a lack of vaccine should not be illegal either.
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@Intelligence_06
I think it is pretty rational to not let them ride in amusement parks, buses, etc.
It's understandable to be cautious there. The issue would be government mandating businesses for public health reasons, when it should be up to the amusement park, how much risk they wanted to take in this regard

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Why do you think it would be a 5 day hold.

Current COVID quarantine time.

They were asked generally about forced containment.
That's happening in your own head and not on the page.   I included the actual language  in my first post:  "favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities"  No camps were implied.  Most governments currently quarantine people in hotels.

The containment would have to be indefinite
But the question only asked about temporary measures.  Whatever fantasies you are indulging about concentration camps, that was not a question Rasmussen asked  and I'm confident that if the question had been shall we put all the unvaccinated in concentration camps (as you falsely assert) the  positive response would have been significantly smaller

Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@oromagi
That's happening in your own head and not on the page.   I included the actual language  in my first post:  "favor governments requiring citizens to temporarily live in designated facilities"  No camps were implied.  Most governments currently quarantine people in hotels.
This is just semantics again. I am calling them camps. You might not agree with my rhetoric, especially if they are placed in hotels, but it means the same thing. I don't see why it would be hotels though, that could as easily be accomplished by them staying in their bedroom and having a relative leave food outside their door.

that was not a question Rasmussen asked  and I'm confident that if the question had been shall we put all the unvaccinated in concentration camps (as you falsely assert) the  positive response would have been significantly smaller
Obviously. The government when they do these things wouldn't promote them as concentration camps, or internment camps. Even your language of designated facility wouldn't be used. That is not how you sell the ideal of putting a large segment of the population in cordoned off areas. You use flowery language. Have you read 1984?

They would call these areas something like "Freedom zones" . Here is how it would work in practice

1. businesses and public places become off limits to un vaccinated
2. media notices that the unvaccinated have less access to goods and are suffering
3. politicians come up with the "Freedom plan" This way the people can stay voluntarily unvaccinated while getting the services they need. These unvaccinated will be allowed to volunatrily move to freedom zones, and once they move to those large geographic regions, they won't be able to leave until they agree to vaccination.
4. Both moderate republicans and all democrats will get behind the freedom zone plan

They won't sell the shit as a scary thing, When Sarah Palin brought up death panels, if Obama won, she was laughed at. Talking about the same thing, but with less scary rhetoric, academics are seriously talking about bringing in healthcare rationing boards. A lot of stuff gets lost in translation, by rhetoric being taken too seriously, Both the flowery and the scary language are used to describe the same thing.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Incel-chud
This is a drug that is so dangerous that a licensed medical staff must administer the drug and watch you for side effects.

So why does an unlicensed politician get to mandate that you must have it?
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Greyparrot
This is a drug that is so dangerous that a licensed medical staff must administer the drug and watch you for side effects.

So why does an unlicensed politician get to mandate that you must have it?
Good point.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@Intelligence_06
My coworker has had covid twice.  I asked about how it was with symptoms and all.  She had headache and mild fever congestion this last time so basically like a cold.  So I see her later and ask her why she didnt want to get vaccinated, and she stated:  1} she didnt know much about it, 2} she didnt trust it, and 3} she didnt want to get sick from the vaccine.

#1, is that she doesnt really want to know much about it cause she knows better, than any information out there,

#2, is that, she did get enough information to know the vaccine is not trustworthy, so cancel #1 from her semi-logical { partial brain dead } of an immature adult's processing abilities, or lack thereof,

#3, is that she didnt want to get sick from vaccine but she got sick twice from covid, ergo, more semi-illogical { partial brain dead logic ] of immature adult's brain processing abilities.

I think the brain dead zomebies will inherit the Earth  and eat each other,because  the diesease the carry is better to have, that  than getting a proven safe vaccine to keep from getting the brain dead disease. to begin with  :--) ( O ) (--:

badger
badger
oro was too soft on you in this thread. You're asking to be out here walking around spreading a deadly virus to me and mine. I would shoot you on sight. I would lock you up and not let you out until you accepted the vaccine, quintupling the dose you were to receive for every day past the day you were supposed to receive it. I would hope to eventually kill you with the vaccine. Drink driving is illegal. So too should walking around unvaccinated be. You have no right to be a part of society if you are a danger to it. thett's talking about the trauma kids feel at having to wear a mask. I can't take it seriously. It's the kids that have lost and are losing parents and grandparents to this shit that are traumatised. Kids don't give a fuck about masks. I would shoot you. 
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
It's the kids that have lost and are losing parents and grandparents to this shit that are traumatised. Kids don't give a fuck about masks. I would shoot you. 

School shutdowns have brought an increase in abuse to kids who are now stuck at home with abusive parents instead of safe with teachers. Just to give kids a 5 day 8 hour a day reprieve from abuse is a lot.

As far as masks being traumatizing, there is evidence that the panicked reactions of some parents have caused kids to feel like the world is a dangerous place which leads to generalized anxiety disorder. The isolation and fear of getting too close to others can lead to a lot of social anxiety.

Studies have been done on kids with parents who have emotionally unreactive faces or who give kids too little face to face time, and we have seen it can lead to things like sociopathic behaviors and depression.

You are just looking at the positives of of vaccination. We see 85 year olds who die of a virus that is very unlikely to kill, maybe lose 2 years of their life. That's a tragedy, but it is rare enough and only happens to unhealthy people.

Now we have the omicron variant going around, and it kills practically nobody. Almost nobody is dying of omicron. Hospitalizations because of it are extremely low as well, and it seems to work better than the vaccine at giving people immunity. Biden could declare victory right now and the world would follow suit. He won't though.

Besides that, it's impossible to sell people on the fact vaccines are effective and that the unvaccinated are harmful. If you are vaccinated, the unvaccinated shouldn't bother you.
sadolite
sadolite
"Should we put the unvaccinated in concentration camps?" No, we should people who live on welfare, commit crimes and fraud, molest children and commit rape  in concentration camps. 
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@sadolite
commit crimes and fraud, molest children and commit rape  in concentration camps. 
As a society we strive to put them in jail.

No, we should people who live on welfare, 
People should take welfare if they qualify. I think we go to far with the welfare state, but why wouldn't you take it, if it can improve your family's situation and you qualifying for it.

Would you also advise people who qualify for medicaid to actually volunteer to pay their medical bills? 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Incel-chud
I am not debating why, I  simply want those people in concentration camps like some people want to put unvaccinated people in concentration camps. They think they are a threat to society and I think the people I listed are a threat to society. No ones belief of threat trumps anyone else's belief of threat.  Let society decide by voting on it. 
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
-->
@sadolite
I see your point
badger
badger
I will agree to who sadolite wants to put in concentration camps if he will agree to who I want to put in concentration camps. 
Incel-chud
Incel-chud
I just want to put anybody who wants to put people in concentration camps in concentration camps, with the exception of myself
badger
badger
sadolite must also agree to put Wylted in a concentration camp.