Please tell me why it is a crime to urinate in public if you do it quietly against a wall or tree.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 26
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I just find the whole idea inhumane, not only the homeless but especially so.

I am absolutely as a cop I'd feel sick inside to have to arrest a desperate person who pissed onto a bush or whatever.

I am not discussing exposing one's genitals in a very public manner, I am discussing specifically the crime of pissing in public, urination in and of itself.
Best.Korea
Debates: 269
Best.Korea
Because the government says so and cops agree to listen to the government and citizens agree not to do anything to change the governments decision.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
It's a crime, because pissing involves sexual organs, which are something that society has been hung up about for a long time.

It's sort of ironic really that we piss out of the same devices that we procreate with.

I not sure that such physical duality could be described as intelligent design.

Why didn't the designer plumb the urethra the other way, so that we pissed out of our arses, and install a separate tube for procreational purposes.

And then there is the smell of stale piss, which is really breath-taking.

And then there is pissing in public and pissing discretely.

Sort of behind the bush, rather than in front of the bush, as it were.

But as I said, until we sort out the old penis vagina thing, I don't think that we are going to be lobbing them out on the high street any time soon.

As for fighting for just causes, I think that you are scraping the barrel with this one.

But I admire your altruism

And then there are public toilets.

Long since used as multi-purpose penis vagina activity centres.

Or so I am told.

Is this helpful?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
It's scraping the barrel until you're out there needing it.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Let me tell you what I predict will be the argument:

Have you ever smelt an inner-city stench of piss in a tunnel or well-hidden alleyway?

My reply:

Why do you think they are all pissing in the tunnel? That's why it stinks so bad.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Do you mean the barrel?

Out of interest, where do the homeless shit?

If not in public, why do they no piss in the same place?

Is pissing in public just being lazy.

Apologies, I could have said defecate but shit seemed more in keeping with the thread.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Shit objectively stinks worse than urine does and unlike urine this happens:

1. Slight amount of shit is extremely stinky and nauseating, a medium to high amount of urine all one one area is where it starts to get smelly.
  2. The real problem with human faeces is they are actually toxic unless the person is on a very raw vegan diet and even then it depends on their intolerances. Humans are omnivores overall and are eating processed foods these days, that's actually why humans have some of the stinkiest shit. The reasons cows and horses have shit that smells worse is they ferment grass so it's like why beer stinks except it's also excrement on top. Human 'shit' will genuinely harm, mar etc most things whereas even very acidic human urine is only harmful to let's say a tree or bush if you really go at it again and again while dehyrated (several people to the same plant daily). In low quantity urine is actually healthy and good for plant growth it actually increases soil fertility for almost all plants because of nitrates within the urine (not to be confused with nitrites).
  3. The final issue is that stools/shits/faeces don't themselves erode/weather away nearly as well as urine does. Unlike herbivores, carnivores and omnivores have stools that have a very long-lasting nature to them. Even vegetarians if they eat processed food will have this partly too. It sticks, lasts long, the smell carries strong and far and is a major issue.
  4. Outside of diarrhea instances, we need to urinate far more often than shit (it's healthy to shit just once every 2-3 days but it's healthy to urinate four times a day minimum, needing less implies dehydration or kidney issues and more than 6 starts to signify other organ issues which can of course include kidney). This makes it far less inhumane to definitively demand someone find a private place to defecate as a regular demand, when compared with urinating, especially if they are homeless.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Yep, fully researched I assume and very interesting.

And I am not without sympathy for the homeless.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@zedvictor4
Even you can need a piss really badly one day without cash on you. It can just happen to anyone. 

Better hope you are sneaky enough to avoid the fine. If you can't afford the fine, you are considered to have criminal charges and even then they can push it to charges if they feel like it.

This is true for almost any country but some countries have more corruption amongst cops and go even meaner on the poor.
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@RationalMadman

I am absolutely as a cop I'd feel sick inside to have to arrest a desperate person who pissed onto a bush or whatever.

I am not discussing exposing one's genitals in a very public manner, I am discussing specifically the crime of pissing in public, urination in and of itself.
The crime is indecent exposure, and determination of that is up to law enforcement's discretion, generlly speaking, and more often than not, I think cops aren't arresting you for taking a discrete piss.
Shila
Debates: 0
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
--> @RationalMadman

The crime is indecent exposure, and determination of that is up to law enforcement's discretion, generlly speaking, and more often than not, I think cops aren't arresting you for taking a discrete piss.
This is more a problem for the homeless. 
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
-->
@Shila
--> @RationalMadman

I suppose threatening them with three meals and a cot isn't much of a deterrent. 
Shila
Shila
-->
@Sidewalker
--> @Shila
--> @RationalMadman

I suppose threatening them with three meals and a cot isn't much of a deterrent. 
They just need to be respectful of public and private property.

IwantRooseveltagain
IwantRooseveltagain
I’ve seen some stupid posts on here but this one is definitely up there. And how does this qualify as politics?

Obviously if it were legal to urinate in public, both men and women I’m assuming, what would be the consequences of a 4 year old seeing a man’s penis or a woman who drops trou to pop a squat? Would that be healthy in your view?
Sidewalker
Sidewalker
Republican Senator Tommy Tuberville took a huge crap on television yesterday, and he didn't get arrested.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Yes, there is nothing wrong with the human body at all, we are animals.

Even other animals do not overly associate being naked with being sexual.

However, I am not here to advocate nudity, I am aware that most get insecure about it and even I enjoy good fashion.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@RationalMadman
Funny how "good fashion" soon becomes naff fashion.

Something to do with marketing and gullibility me thinks.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
I would agree. I never saw the issue, maybe it could be exposing if positioned in that would be revealing of genitalia, I don't know.
Shila
Shila
-->
@Vader
--> @RationalMadman
I would agree. I never saw the issue, maybe it could be exposing if positioned in that would be revealing of genitalia, I don't know.
There are over a billion people worldwide who poop and pee outdoors. But in America where anal sex and oral sex are the norm seeing what nature intended for these genitals is disgusting and should be kept secret.

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
Because "public" property does not truly belong to the "public."
Shila
Shila
-->
@Athias
--> @RationalMadman
Because "public" property does not truly belong to the "public."
You look the type that would urinate in public as a way to encourage others to urinate with you.

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Shila
You look the type that would urinate in public as a way to encourage others to urinate with you.
I "look the type"? Have you seen me in person?

Elliott
Elliott
I suppose if people were allowed to piss anywhere it could become a health hazard. In many European countries you get open air public urinals.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Elliott
And what if your area does not have it and you are bursting?

Urinating outside cannot damage health unless ingested or if someone pisses on your cavities a lot. We are not discussing a golden showers or watersports kink.

Get realistic.
Elliott
Elliott
And what if your area does not have it and you are bursting?

Urinating outside cannot damage health unless ingested or if someone pisses on your cavities a lot. We are not discussing a golden showers or watersports kink.

Get realistic.
If just a few people have a discreet piss in a public place because necessity requires it, then it isn’t going to case a lot of harm but if you look at it from a legal position, the law doesn’t just apply to the few, it applies to the many. If it was lawful to urinate wherever you are and say a substantial amount of people were to take advantage of this, it would not be pleasant for the environment and could constitute as a health hazard.

Personally, when you have got to go, you have got to go. I don’t know what the law is like in the US but here if a copper was to catch you, then it would probably just be a warning.
Double_R
Debates: 3
Double_R
-->
@RationalMadman
Because lawmakers cannot legislate "quietly and discreetly" into the law, so discretion buy both arresting officers and judges is necessary.