The Catholic Church Is A Cult

Author: Public-Choice

Total: 147
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
You claim someone threatened to kill someone else. That is a serious allegation. When moderations ask for details, you respond with pure toxicity.

If the claim is true, offer details so that whomever it was may be banned. Otherwise we'll be left with the conclusion you're lying as a desperate plea for attention.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Barney
If the claim is true, offer details so that whomever it was may be banned. Otherwise we'll be left with the conclusion you're lying as a desperate plea for attention.

I think this may agree with your conclusion, Barney.

Polythewitch: " I'm here to basically like I said drop my opinion like I'm taking a shit and walk away!.#140

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Barney
If you're interested in doing some kind of moderation do it if not don't fucking bother me. Whatever else you choose to do do it I don't want to fucking interact with you. You're a piece of human shit.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Says the guy who talks about  how he wants to see broomsticks in my children's  crotches.
Stephen
Stephen
@the witch.

Says the guy who talks about  how he wants to see broomsticks in my children's  crotches.

Stop telling lies and being so dramatic, you attention seeking clown.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Stand by your comments , pussy.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
If you're interested in doing some kind of moderation do it if not don't fucking bother me.
As you wish.

11 days later

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice,

OMG, YOU HAVE RETURNED FOR MY FURTHER BIBLE SLAPPING YOU SILLY®️!

You have a lot of catching up to do Mr. Public-Choice, as shown in the links below that you RAN AWAY from, especially my post #87!  Remember Bible fool, Jesus wants you to at least "try" to address the following posts in defending the faith, okay?  Good boy. :)

"We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ," (2 Corinthians 10:5) 

Public-Choice, there are NO FREE RIDES in this Religion Forum, therefore, you may begin to finally address the following links that you are sheepishly running away from, you may BEGIN:

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "PUBLIC-CHOICE" THAT SNEAKS BACK INTO THIS RELIGION FORUM WITHOUT CLEANING UP HIS MESS IN RUNNING AWAY FROM JESUS' INSPIRED POSTS THAT I GAVE HIM IN HIS OWN THREAD, WILL BE ...?

27 days later

Conservallectual
Debates: 27
Conservallectual
Woah, kid, I was raised catholic. Even though I have deviated a bit to Evangelicalism(not fully, I still attend mass) - nobody in my family has mistreated or abandoned me like a cult(Like the watchtower) does. They all still love me dearly and I love them as well

A cult demands its followers to not question its leader. Some priests denounced the current pope as a heretic.www.newsweek.com/pope-francis-denounced-heretic-and-accused-1412580

Does this resemble a cult to you?

Sure in the medieval era, the church may have been more cultic, but that is no longer the case.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Conservallectual
Woah, kid, I was raised catholic. [.....................................] I still attend mass - nobody in my family has mistreated or abandoned me like a cult.

Well if you refer to your "Catholic family" as in the Roman Church then you will know that while the Church may not be abandoning you, there are many thousands abandoning the RCC in their droves by the year. You say yourself that you have "partially" deserted. Even Cardinal Reinhard Marx -to mention just one- has said that the Roman Church "has reached a dead end".

No doubt this will be because people have been much better educated over the last 150 years and able to read these ambiguous half stories that make up scripture for themselves.
Maybe it was a case of Cardinal Reinhard and others waking up to the fact that you can only fool some people for so long.

I read my bible every day and believe all these tenets:

* God is real and he created the world in 6 days, and rested on the 7th
* Christ is the son of God
* Christ was born of a virgin
* Christ died for our sins
* Christ came back to life 3 days later
* The bible is the word of God
* God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent
* Salvation through faith alone
* God will judge my afterlife

More fool you, and all of the above are easily debunked and or unprovable.

The RC Church has no chance of climbing from its decline or climbing out from the hole it dug for itself 2000 years ago.  The New Testament is built on many lies, some intended and others not. And the RC Church has known this from day one of it's conception, as have all Christian Churches. 

"The myth of Christ has served us well", comes to mind.

11 days later

PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Barney
Granted, Scientology probably proclaims everyone who doesn't worships aliens to be cult members.
That is not revealed until level 4 I believe so they have 3 levels of non alien believers 
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Conservallectual
A cult demands its followers to not question its leader. Some priests denounced the current pope as a heretic.www.newsweek.com/pope-francis-denounced-heretic-and-accused-1412580
I mean he is a Jesuit so......
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Organised religious nonsense is what it is.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@zedvictor4
Feel free to worship God in a disorganized way
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Conservallectual
All of my Catholic friends believe that you aren't saved if you don't take communion. They also believe that the RCC is the only sure way to heaven and protestants only get there begrudgingly if they believe correctly (and by that they don't really define how).

They also all believe that only the Catholic Church teaches the one true faith and that leaving it means you are leaving Christianity.

So... Yeah... It's a cult. But that doesn't mean all the adherents are part of the cult.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Public-Choice
What is purgatory? It feels like that one concept itself pretty much disproves everything you said. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
If I knew there was a GOD I would probably do that.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@zedvictor4
If I knew there was a GOD I would probably do that.
Don't worry. At some point you will know. The fact is giving you undeniable proof right now would take away your free will, and that is unethical. 

You genuinely have to work really hard for the truth if you have a skeptical mind, as I do.

God I don't think will punish you for not seeking him that hard. However if you want proof. Go give $100 to some charity God would approve of. Maybe to feed starving children or something. If you give $100 a month you will see your income grow by $300 a month within 90 days. 

You will just have to remember God isn't going to slap you in the face and force belief. That the $300 extra will look coincidental. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Considering the Catholic Church existed before the Protestant Church if one of them was going to be a cult it would be the Protestant church. Fucking idiots.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
@Poly

So the Catholic Church is a Christian cult is a Judaic cult.

And Polytheism is about as cultish as it gets.
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Nope. Go ahead, show me some undeniable proof please.

If there is a GOD I would expect it to be omni-sensible and omni-understanding.

If it isn't then it's clearly an omni-c**t.

And free will?

Now there's another issue.

276 days later

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Public-Choice
Well, all religions have founding documents or teachers or collections of sayings. Islam has the Quran, buddhism as the sayings of Buddha, Christianity has the Bible, Hindu has the Epic of Gilgamesh, etc.#5

Are you sure about the bold underlined above?😂

To my scant knowledge on Hinduism, Hindus follow the Bhagavad-Gita and the Rigveda a book of hymns.

What part of the Epic of Gilgamesh - a Mesopotamian story about a 2 thirds god  in search of eternal life-  do you believe is part of the Hindu religion and practiced by Indians?  

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Stephen
You're right. I had a brain fart. The Epic of Gilgamesh is Sumerian. While Hindus accepted it, their epic is actually The Mahabharata
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Public-Choice
You're right. I had a brain fart. The Epic of Gilgamesh is Sumerian. While Hindus accepted it

So explain . What do you mean by telling me that " Hindus accept the Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh"?
And why would they when they have their own epics drawn from stories/myths about struggles for soverignty from around 500 BC?

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Stephen
From what I understand, Hinduism is kind of an acceptance of every pagan religion. As they were conquered by and/or traded with so many countries, they came to accept other religions into their pantheon.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Public-Choice
From what I understand, Hinduism is kind of an acceptance of every pagan religion. As they were conquered by and/or traded with so many countries, they came to accept other religions into their pantheon.

Interesting.

As I have mentioned above, I have  scant knowledge on or about Hinduism. But but I do of ancient Mesopotamia and I  have never come across the slightest connection between the Sumerian epics of the Middle East with that of the Indian sub continent.
So where does Gilgamesh appear in the  Hindu pantheon?

Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
Mr.BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice

"Public-Choice," the RUNAWAY from biblical axioms because he can't address them and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, and now a pseudo-christian, whereas he can't handle Jesus' true modus operandi as a serial killer and abortionist, and comes up with some of the lamest "little boy excuses" not to address my posts to him,

Get the hell out of this old thread of yours relative to defaming the Catholic Church because as shown, you were easily made the Bible fool in this thread of yours,  especially from me as shown in your RUNAWAY link from my posts herewith:  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8185/posts/361397

Wasn't your recent Bible Stupidity enough in the "comment section" of "Abortion is Murder" debate where you RAN AWAY AGAIN from my godly posts to you herewith: https://www.debateart.com/debates/4987/comments/57245

NEXT BIBLE FOOL PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE "PUBLIC-CHOICE" THAT WANTS TO MAKE THEMSELVES AS BIBLE STUPID AS HE IS, WILL BE ...?