BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@Public-Choice
@Shila

Public-Choice,

Your Bible stupidity and ignorance is showing once again in your own thread, how embarrassing!

YOUR DUMBFOUNDED QUOTE GOING DIRECTLY AGAINST JESUS' INSPIRED WORDS IN THE BIBLE: " I am not saying people shouldn't be free to try to make their own interpretation."  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8185/post-links/355886

Here, let me remind you once again, like the last time you made yourself a blatant Bible fool where I had to "school you," remember?  Therefore, on the proposition of interpretation of the Bible, you do not have that authority, understood Bible inept fool?!

The responsibility of each Christian regarding the "alleged interpretation" of the Word of Jesus as God within the Bible is given herewith:  "Study to show yourself approved to God a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)

THINK, only one interpretation of the Word of Jesus is correct, where what Jesus said once, He did not mean for pseudo-christians like you to take in many different and contradicting ways, get it Bible dunce?!  Therefore, the following passages comes into effect:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20)

Therefore, according to the above passage, NOTHING in the Bible, as written, is of any private interpretation, period!  Now, since private interpretation is ruled out, the only alternative is that the Bible interprets itself i.e. it is self-interpreted. This means that we are not permitted to go to the Bible and give our own interpretations to it like the equally Bible fool Miss Tradesecret, the MIA Shila, and YOU, therefore what it literally and directly says, is Jesus' true words that we are to accept and follow!

Your bible stupidity again is excused for now.

NEXT?

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice,

JESUS H. CHRIST, I FOUND ANOTHER BIBLE STUPID QUOTE OF YOURS HEREWITH: “So we have complete freedom fo choose if we want to celebrate holidays or sabbath days.” 

In the passages below, they directly state that the Sabbath is on a specific day which is SATURDAY the seventh day, therefore you do not have the freedom to choose in which day you want it to be like you said in your dumbfounded link in question above, understood continued Bible fool?!!!

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it” (Genesis 2:2, 3).

The seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God” (Exodus 20:10).

And when the sabbath was past, ... very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre” (Mark 16:1: 2). 

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.” (Exodus 20:8-11)

The Sabbath is not the first day of the week (Sunday), as many Bible stupid pseudo-christians believe, but the seventh day (Saturday). Take notice from the Scriptures above that the Sabbath is the day that comes just before the first day of the week which is Sunday, HELLO?!  It was Jesus as God who made the Sabbath at the time of Creation. After Jesus as God made the world, He rested on the Sabbath (the seventh day) and blessed and sanctified it for man to keep and to follow its protocols of rest and no work, period!

Public-Choice, remember this very important biblical axiom, Jesus' inspired words say that anyone that works, and therefore does not rest on the Sabbath Day, should be put to death!  "Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death.” (Exodus 35:2)

Therefore, none other than our Jesus as God, as a known serial killer anyway, told Moses that the man they found gathering sticks on the Sabbath Day should be stoned to death, praise Jesus’ revenge in not being ever loving and forgiving like some pseudo-christians erroneously believe!

While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the Lord (Jesus as God) said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the Lord commanded Moses.” (Numbers15:32_36)

Public-Choice, by the way, don’t make yourself the further Bible fool and say that what I have proposed in this post mostly relates to the Old Testament and is not to be followed anymore, BECAUSE I WILL BIBLE SLAP YOU SILLY®️ IN FRONT OF THE MEMBERSHIP IF YOU DO, UNDERSTOOD BIBLE FOOL?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the Lord (Jesus as God) said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the Lord commanded Moses.” (Numbers15:32_36)
Yet another dilemma. Jesus says he is the first and the last.

Gathering sicks! This, Brother D., as I have said many times before, is what comes of Christains adopting an ancient god they don't understand, from an age they don't understand and from a culture they don't understand.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen
@Public-Choice

Stephen,

In response to your revealing post #63, and as I have shown in the links below, do you think that Public-Choice is vying to take over Miss Tradesecret's position upon this forum as the #1 Bible ignorant and stupid fool?

Don't think that Jesus isn't watching this Bible dolt monikered as "Public-Choice" (Hebrews 4:13) in making an outright Bible fool of Himself as he outright LIES about Jesus' inspired words within the scriptures, where he will be judged harshly upon Jesus' Judgment Day, praise Jesus' revenge!!!  

"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
do you think that Public-Choice is vying to take over Miss Tradesecret's position upon this forum as the #1 Bible ignorant and stupid fool?

Anyone on this forum that is vying for such a position has a hard road to travel and a huge mountain to climb, in my opinion, Brother D.
Public-Choice
Debates: 18
Public-Choice
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Public-Choice, remember this very important biblical axiom, Jesus' inspired words say that anyone that works, and therefore does not rest on the Sabbath Day, should be put to death!
So by this logic we shouldn't even go to church and the pastor shouldn't preach a sermon. In fact, breathing is work, and so is drinking water and going to the bathroom. Are you suggesting that we don't go to the bathroom, eat, drink, or even breathe for an entire day?

Also, thinking is work. Are you suggesting we shouldn't think on the sabbath? That is impossible.

Moreover God tells us to worship Him seven days a week and serve Him. How are we supposed to obey God fully then, on the sabbath, if we are not allowed to work? Service and worship are both work.

Also, what is your opinion on when Jesus said the sabbath is made for man and not man for the sabbath, when the Apostles were gathering grain to feed themselves on the sabbath and it was called work by the religious leaders? (Mark 2:27-28). Clearly the Sabbath is for relaxation. The reason thr stick gatherer was put to death was because he was working on the sabbath. But feeding oneself and relaxing is not work. So that is perfectly legal on the sabbath. The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath.

And once again Jesus commands us not to call people fools. You really outta read that Bible fully and not just the parts that support your worldview out of context.

Clearly your theology needs significant work to make any sense.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

Relating to your post #63 again, and to the passage herewith: While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the Lord (Jesus as God) said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the Lord commanded Moses.” (Numbers15:32_36)

We can only assume that the passage above should be followed today, just like the 10 Commandments are,  as per the following passages from the inspired words of Jesus as God:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5). 

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” (Luke 4:4) 

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” (James 1:22)

With you, I know that I am preaching to the choir, therefore, as Jesus' words above so state, EVERY WORD of His is to be followed in the Bible which includes Numbers 15:32-36 on any pseudo-christian working on the Sabbath Day Saturday!  Lets see if any pseudo-christian within this thread has the audacity to state otherwise to said passage in question, HANG ON IF THEY DO!

JESUS AND I ARE SO SICK AND TIRED OF DEBATEART LETTING TOTALLY BIBLE IGNORANT FOOLS INTO THIS ESTEEMED FORUM, WHERE NOT ONLY ARE THESE BIBLE DOLTS GIVING THE FORUM A BAD NAME, BUT CHRISTIANITY AS WELL!

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Picture god coming to the realization that it is ( PALM SUNDAY ) 
Like he sees one bloke heading off to church with a palm leaf 
Then another
Then at the very instence  he sees the third , HE goes. 
He like goes. 
Ohhhh , it must be the ( bring a palm leaf to church day again ) 
Then he goes like , ( fuck , that year,  i mean period of time  went fast. ) 
Because he has noticed the humans do this shlt in evenly spaced out moments. 

Im not quite sure what god would call the " time  passage that passes " from one ( BRING A PALM LEAF TO CHURCH DAY )  toooooo. (  BRING A PALM LEAF TO CHURCH DAY ) 

NO but on a serious note. 
I don't know much about the gods , but one thing is for certain.   GOD Fucking loves it when you guys do the ( BRING A PALM LEAF TO CHURCH )  Thing  you do. 
LOVESSSSSSS IT. 

Take 7 seconds to let that seap in. .
And a five .
And a four.
Three .
Two and a one. 

Yeah . Your Picture him loving it  real good like. 
You guys are so so good to him. 

It's Just Straight up commen sense.  
Hi 5. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
This aint no freaking  bible studies man. 
Its  bible knows. Facts or truths. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
What might the ☆☆☆☆   JEHOVAH WITNESSES CHRISTIANS   ☆☆☆☆☆  think about all this ?

We hear very little  from THE. ▪○°•¤▪○°•¤▪○°•¤      JEHOVAH WITNESSES CHRISTIANS.       ▪○°•▪○¤▪○°¤▪○°¤▪○•
Especially considering  that the {  JEHOVAH WITNESS CHRISTIANS  }   Are a top 5 major important CHRISTIAN GROUP. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The  <   SEVENTH DAY  ADVENTIST CHRISTIANS  >  are pretty clear on this subject. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The MORMON CHRISTIANS on the other hand.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The scientologist christians are the smart ones so 
So Perhaps it is best left for them to decide.  
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
It would look alot less cultish if god didn't need you guys to assemble in a ODD roofed building Weekly. 
AT EXACTLY THE SAME TIME.
Buttttttt,  now i am just being silly.   
It's not like you can just worship god in a movie theater or a chemist or somewhere.  

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Then ya got ya protestant flavored christians
 Orthodox christians ones. 
Gypsies. Christians.  
And them barn building christians.  

So far I've named like 25 diffrent christians.  
Unfortunately my google button isn't currently working. If it was,  id  asked the google :   

How many different types of Christians are there ?     

I just know it will say some mind boggling amount like 1000
just kidding.  
No there couldn't be that many. But I'd say thers has to be like   
Atlest like 100 diffrent types of Christians   
One HUNDRED DIFFRENT TYPES OF CHRISTIANS.

Or 

Instead of asking the google or shims  pal siri .
Maybe a Christian here on site knows  APPROXIMATELY  hom many christian denomination there are.
Then they can announce it like . For example.   
79. (  There is approximately 79 diffrent  denoms  of the  Christians. 
Even if there is like  two even THREE HUNDRED diffrent christian denominations.  

Better still. 
See if you can Announce  the correct approximate number of Christian denominations, anddddd announce it like it  doesn't even phase  ya. 

Announce how many denominations of Christians there are and follow it up with . 
So that doesn't mean anyth8ng. 
Then if you could,  i want you to swear at me. 

Mmmmmmm. 

Good game. 
Good game.  
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
Stephen,

Relating to your post #63 again, and to the passage herewith: While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. And the Lord (Jesus as God) said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the Lord commanded Moses.” (Numbers15:32_36)

We can only assume that the passage above should be followed today, just like the 10 Commandments are,  as per the following passages from the inspired words of Jesus as God:

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the Scripture is of any private interpretation, for the prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit." (2 Peter 1:20-21)

EVERY word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.“ (Proverbs 30:5). 

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.” (Luke 4:4) 

“Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.” (James 1:22)

With you, I know that I am preaching to the choir, therefore, as Jesus' words above so state, EVERY WORD of His is to be followed in the Bible which includes Numbers 15:32-36 on any pseudo-christian working on the Sabbath Day Saturday!  Lets see if any pseudo-christian within this thread has the audacity to state otherwise to said passage in question, HANG ON IF THEY DO!
I am surprised not see some bible dunce of a clown come up with that old chestnut of an excuse _ "but there was a new covenant through our Lord Jesus". Which can be debunked with just a few questions and relative ease, Brother D.
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Public-Choice
In Romans 14:5 it says we are to he fully convinced in our own minds which day we worship on. Paul then continues by saying whatever day we choose to make holy for God, that day is fine.

The translation you chose KJV makes it even clearer for Colossians:
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days
So we have complete freedom fo choose if we want to celebrate holidays or sabbath days. 
Help me understand your interpretation. Why do you believe that the text indicates that the day on which one observes the Sabbath is subject to choice?

When one reads the entire Romans 14 chapter, Paul is suggesting that man should not presume to judge in place of God, and vice versa, one should not subject oneself to the judgement of men in place of God. Which specific part of the text, if any, serves as the premise of your argument?
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE IN POST #76 TO A NEW COVENANT: "but there was a new covenant through our Lord Jesus". Which can be debunked with just a few questions and relative ease, Brother D."

YES, that is why I stated at the end of my godly post #67, "Lets see if any pseudo-christian within this thread has the audacity to state otherwise to said passage in question, HANG ON IF THEY DO!"

Poor "Public-Choice" seemingly is new at being a pseudo-christian because of stepping in poo all the time at his embarrassing expense. That is why you, me, and others are here to easily "school him" in understanding the true Jesus the Christ, praise!

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@Athias
Because the Bible blatantly states it. "Some regard one day above another and others regard all days alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind."

One person who sets aside one day instead of another is free to do so as long as a day is set aside. That is what the Bible says, so that is what I believe.

No mental gymnastics required. It is there for us to read and comprehend.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice, who is equal to Miss Tradesecret's Bible stupidity,

Addressing your ever so embarrassing post #66.

YOUR EMBARRASSING OVERDONE BIBLE IGNORANCE: “So by this logic we shouldn't even go to church and the pastor shouldn't preach a sermon. In fact, breathing is work, and so is drinking water and going to the bathroom. Are you suggesting that we don't go to the bathroom, eat, drink, or even breathe for an entire day?

The Sabbath is relative to work, you dumbfounded pseudo-christian fool, HELLO!!!

Here, let me help your Bible stupidity once again with this revealing godly passage: “For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a day of sabbath rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it is to be put to death.” (Exodus 35:2)

Barring the fact that you are silent to Jesus as God in precluding that anyone that works on the Sabbath should be killed, therefore, in the same vein as you stated in your wanting post #66 that; “feeding oneself and relaxing is not work. So that is perfectly legal on the sabbath" is relative to the pastor preaching on the Saturday Sabbath, get it Bible fool?  

For the sake of your further embarrassment, I will not address your child-like foray, irrelative in context, to thinking that breathing is work, along with drinking water, eating and going to the bathroom. You're funny, but at your expense! LOL!  

YOUR QUOTE OF BIBLE STUPIDITY THAT HAS NO BOUNDS!!!:  “Moreover God tells us to worship Him seven days a week and serve Him. How are we supposed to obey God fully then, on the sabbath, if we are not allowed to work? Service and worship are both work.”

HELLO? Yes, you are to worship our serial killer Jesus as God 7 days a week in “spirit,” but on the Sabbath, you are not to do any work, period! “I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.” (Romans 12:1)

Where do you get the ungodly authority to try and rewrite the Bible relative to not working on the Sabbath?!  Please tell us, we’re waiting!

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice,  who is equal to Miss Tradesecret's Bible stupidity,

In continuance in addressing your ever so embarrassing post #66.

YOUR CONTINUED BIBLE STUPIDITY QUOTE:  “And once again Jesus commands us not to call people fools. You really outta read that Bible fully and not just the parts that support your worldview out of context.”

Jesus and I have already “schooled you” upon Matthew 5:21-22 where what you thought you knew, YOU DIDN’T, remember Bible fool?!!! 

You were made the "Bible Dunce" upon your quote above in my post #260 shown in this link: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8091-the-case-for-the-historical-jesus?page=11&post_number=260

Furthermore, you have sheepishly RAN AWAY from my post #260 above to the present time! What happened, too SCARED to address your Bible “duncery” again?  LOL!

YOUR QUOTE SLAPPING JESUS IN THE FACE AS GOD: 
“Clearly your theology needs significant work to make any sense.”

My theology? It is Jesus’ theology as God as shown to the topic at hand regarding the Sabbath, that is explicitly shown with chapter and verse, that you obviously didn’t even know existed in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't be saying what you are saying! LOL!

You continue to show the membership that you don’t know your ass from a wild grape when it comes to knowing and understanding the JUDEO-Christian Bible, therefore you are outright guilty of this passage:  ”Always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:7)

For your sake, you are once again excused in total embarrassment regarding the JUDEO-Christian Bible that you FAIL to comprehend!!!

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Public-Choice
Because the Bible blatantly states it. "Some regard one day above another and others regard all days alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind."

One person who sets aside one day instead of another is free to do so as long as a day is set aside. That is what the Bible says, so that is what I believe.
Except, the Bible does not blatantly state anything which coincides with your interpretation. The chapter is about passing and dealing with judgement. It does not state, "pick a day on the calendar to observe the Sabbath,"; it states whether one favors one day or another, whether it be a holy day, a new moon, or the sabbath days, let he or she be convinced in his or her own mind that everything he or she does or doesn't do is in service to God. Therefore, you are not to be judged by other men.

Your reasoning is akin to, "well since Paul said I am not to be judged for holding one day in higher esteem than the other, if I decide to observe the Sabbath on Tuesdays, rather than Saturdays, that must mean that Tuesday has transmuted to the Seventh Day, and God has made it my choice to observe the day of rest on the third day, which by my choice I acknowledge as the seventh day, in spite of his commandment." Nothing in the text that you or I cited indicates this at all.

This is not about mental gymnastics. It's simply reading comprehension.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Tradesecret
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice, who is equal to Miss Tradesecret's Bible stupidity,

YOUR OUTRIGHT UNGODLY QUOTE IS SLAPPING JESUS IN THE FACE AS GOD!!!: "One person who sets aside one day instead of another is free to do so as long as a day is set aside. That is what the Bible says, so that is what I believe."

WRONG, YOU BIBLE DOOFUS!  What part of my post #62 didn't you understand as shown in this link?!  https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/8185/post-links/357014

Once again, the correct day to set aside, is the SABBATH day which is the last day of the week being Saturday, do you understand this time?!  Huh? Maybe?  

Case in point Bible fool: “And the Lord (Jesus as God) said to Moses, “You are to speak to the people of Israel and say, ‘Above all you shall keep my Sabbaths, for this is a sign between me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I, the Lord, sanctify you. You shall keep the Sabbath, because it is holy for you. Everyone who profanes it shall be put to death. Whoever does any work on it, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death. Therefore the people of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, observing the Sabbath throughout their generations, as a covenant forever.” (Exodus 31:12-17)

You DO NOT have a choice in what day to set aside to keep holy for Jesus as God, GET IT?  Furthermore, you are to keep the Sabbath on the seventh day forever as the passage above so states, understood Bible inept fool?!  

Furthermore, the above content of the Exodus 31:12-17 is to remain forever because Jesus as God does not change His mind:  God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?” (Numbers 23:19)

Public-Choice, Jesus H. Christ, you are making Miss Tradesecret nervous in the fact that the only thing that she is known for within this Religion Forum, is her being the #1 Bible ignorant and stupid fool, bar none!  Now, it looks like you want to take over her ungodly position with showing us your Bible stupidity and ignorance on a continued basis, BLASPHEME!

Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
"One person values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and the one who eats, does so with regard to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and the one who does not eat, it is for the Lord that he does not eat, and he gives thanks to God. For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living." - Romans 14:5-9 NASB20

"Therefore, no one is to act as your judge in regard to food and drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon, or a Sabbath day— things which are only a shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. Take care that no one keeps defrauding you of your prize by delighting in humility and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, and not holding firmly to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God." - Colossians 2:16-19 NASB20

"And it happened that He was passing through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples began to make their way along while picking the heads of grain. The Pharisees were saying to Him, “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?” And He *said to them, “Have you never read what David did when he was in need and he and his companions became hungry; how he entered the house of God in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the consecrated bread, which is not lawful for anyone to eat except the priests, and he also gave it to those who were with him?” Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord, even of the Sabbath.” - Mark 2:23-28

None of this says "do not take a sabbath day." But what it does say is that the sabbath day can be on any day a person wants and that it is also made for man to relax.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Public-Choice
What this says is that there are always people who will try and dictate what others should do.
Public-Choice
Public-Choice
-->
@zedvictor4
Are you saying I'm dictating what others should do? Or are you saying that there are people on general who will try to control others' actions through religion?
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Public-Choice

Public-Choice,

Addressing your ever so Bible stupid post #84,

YOUR PERCEIVED SATANIC NOTION QUOTE OF NOT HAVING TO FOLLOW THE SABBATH ON THE SEVENTH DAY!: "One person values one day over another, another values every day the same. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind.”

Your quote above relies upon your subjective “interpretation” for you to be “convinced in your own mind” that you are correct! GET IT BIBLE FOOL?  You do not have the authority to subjectively say you will worship the Sabbath on any day you want, because Jesus as God with specificity states that you are to follow the Sabbath protocols on the seventh day, as Exodus 35:2 so states, period!  Get it Bible fool?

YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS QUOTE IN YOU TO NOT FOLLOW JESUS’ TRUE WORDS REGARDING THE SABBATH DAY:  ”Therefore, no one is to act as your judge in regard to food and drink, or in respect to a festival or a new moon, or a Sabbath day …… taking his stand on visions he has seen.”  (Colossians 2:16-17)

You don’t have the intellect to realize that you are removing one foot to insert the other AGAIN! If you use this passage statement to not keep the Sabbath Day holy on the specific seventh day, then you are using a claim that in order to be in full relationship with Jesus as God, you need to have “eerie mystical visions” and ecstatic experiences! THINK, the author of Colossians 2:16-19 is opposing those who see themselves as being on a higher spiritual plane, or are more fully with God because of their “visionary experiences” that are subjective to ONLY THEM! GET IT BIBLE FOOL?

YOUR MISCONCEIVED QUOTE OF USING MARK 2:28 THINKING AGAIN THAT YOU DON’T HAVE TO HAVE THE SABBATH ON THE SEVENTH DAY:  ”Jesus said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord, even of the Sabbath.” (Mark 2:28)

THINK, Bible fool! The above quote you used states with specificity that Jesus is Lord, even on the Sabbath which is the seventh day, HELLO, anybody home, obviously NOT!  LOL!

YOUR QUOTE OF MAKING YOURSELF THE CONTINUED BIBLE FOOL: “None of this says "do not take a sabbath day." But what it does say is that the sabbath day can be on any day a person wants and that it is also made for man to relax.”

WRONG AGAIN!  The aforementioned passages, two of which DO NOT even mention a Sabbath Day, because once again at your embarrassing expense, it is written by Jesus as God, that the Sabbath is on the seventh day, and you are to recognize this biblical axiom FOREVER as Exodus 31:12-17 tells the Bible inept pseudo-christian like you, understood?

As Athias said, you have a reading comprehension problem that neither he nor I can help you with. Because of this problem of yours, you continue to make yourself the Bible fool within this esteemed forum that you have no business in being here in the first place!

Now, I am going to let you hang yourself again if you try and refute what I have said in this post, whereas the outcome is not going to be very pleasing to you in front of the membership, and all because of your blatant “Bible duncery,” understood?  

NEXT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN LIKE THE BIBLE DUMBFOUNDED “PUBLIC-CHOICE” THAT WANTS TO TRY AND REWRITE JESUS’ TRUE WORDS ABOUT THE SABBATH ON THE SEVENTH DAY, WILL BE …?

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
-->@Public-Choice  YOUR GRASPING FOR STRAWS 

When they are not creating strawmen, they are grasping at straw.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Public-Choice
I don't know you so I would not make such a judgement.

Though religions are basically systems of social control.
BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@zedvictor4

zedvictor4,

YOUR REVEALING QUOTE TO MY CHRISTIANITY: "Though religions are basically systems of social control."

Yes, you are correct as shown in the following passage inspired by Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate:

"FulI appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them. For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive." (Romans 16:17-18)

"He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it. For there are many who are insubordinate, empty talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision party. They must be silenced, since they are upsetting whole families by teaching for shameful gain what they ought not to teach." (Titus 1:9-11)