Gender Reassignment Surgery should be illegal.

Author: YouFound_Lxam

Total: 193
YouFound_Lxam
Debates: 32
YouFound_Lxam
Think about it.

It is illegal for kids under 21 to drink.
It is illegal for kids under 18 to get a tattoo.
It is illegal for kids under 16 to drive without a license.
It is illegal for kids under 21 to smoke.
It is illegal for kids under 21 to own a gun

But for some reason, the woke left has and is trying to make the idea of medically transitioning kids (a non-reversable surgery that changes their entire life) a normality.
It shouldn't be illegal to transition, but if that is a choice people have now, then we should make an age limit for it, especially when we don't have enough research on it to prove that it is safe. 

Anyone who says that a baby's and infants can decide their gender identity before they can even walk is insane. 

Intelligence_06
Debates: 167
Intelligence_06
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
So.

Gender reassignment surgery should only be legal towards adults.

Not they should be "illegal".
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Intelligence_06
@YouFound_Lxam
Should certainly be an age limit of 18+.

Not that 18 year olds have mastered how to control how they react to socio-psychological input and internal hormone surges.

For the most part kids are taught gender nonsense these days, so they could just as easily be retaught common sense.

Or perhaps it would be more sensible not to teach them nonsense in the first place.

But that would mean addressing the problems that global social media creates, and I think that we have already handed over control to social media.

Nope, we're witnessing material evolution and it's affects upon the organic primate that is homo-sapiens.
Best.Korea
Debates: 271
Best.Korea
It is illegal for kids under 21 to drink.
It is illegal for kids under 18 to get a tattoo.
It is illegal for kids under 16 to drive without a license.
It is illegal for kids under 21 to smoke.
It is illegal for kids under 21 to own a gun
Are all correct claims. None of these activities have benefits for children, so naturally, children should not be encouraged to do them.

But for some reason, the woke left has and is trying to make the idea of medically transitioning kids (a non-reversable surgery that changes their entire life) a normality.
Is a correct claim. It is done due to high pressure and high suicide rates of trans people. There are no clear answers what age is best to transition to prevent at least some suicides. Sadly, this is why experiments happen even if they are immoral. We cannot know if 10 year old will benefit from desired transition if we never let it happen. The people who transition sometimes regret their transition. Sometimes they dont regret it. Finding the best age that is most fit should be the limit. The only way to learn what is the best age is through history of statistics.

Anyone who says that a baby's and infants can decide their gender identity before they can even walk is insane.
Is a correct claim. Baby cannot talk, hence even if it desired surgery we would never know. Doing experiments on toddlers and giving toddlers surgery is probably not beneficial. The age when trans people commit suicide should be our guide for when we should enable them to transition.
PREZ-HILTON
Debates: 18
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
Is a correct claim. It is done due to high pressure and high suicide rates of trans people.
Most of those suicides occur post op. So allowing the surgery actually increases death. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Most of those suicides occur post op.
Is a correct claim. However, it does not lead to conclusion of op being the cause. Op could be unrelated to that, and even reduce number of suicides. The conclusion that would lead to op being the cause is comparison between op and non-op people resulting in unfavorable outcome for op.

So allowing the surgery actually increases death.
Could be an incorrect claim. Most studies suggest that trans surgery lowers suicide rates compared to those that didnt have surgery. One must understand that its hard to get non-corrupt studies on this issue where too many interests are involved. My main demand would be more studies to clearly determine proper age instead of setting it randomly.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
How would surgery lower suicide rate if most transgender suicides occur after reassignment surgery?

Most studies suggest that trans surgery lowers suicide rates compared to those that didnt have surgery. 
Seeing as how most of the suicides occur after transitioning surgery than my guess is those studies as are typical of many transgender surveys are measuring the mental health of trannies after by trying to gauge their stress levels.

It makes sense they would have less stress. For one all of the suicides have occurred within just a year after the surgery so if the study was done 2 years after the surgery, yes all the sad people killed themselves and won't participate in the survey so the results will look favorable. There is a certain bias here as well among people studied that makes them think their decision was good.

1. Studies show after people make a major life decision they look back years later and say it was a right move no matter how they decided. 

2. Study participants who built Ikea furniture were asked after the fact, whether they wanted to keep the furniture they have or take the expensive high quality furniture the study operators offered them. Almost all of them chose the Ikea furniture.

This suggests humans have a habit of retroactively trying to justify their major investments of time . 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
How would surgery lower suicide rate if most transgender suicides occur after reassignment surgery?
Is a good question. Death occuring after certain act does not mean that certain act is the result of death. We do plenty of acts in our life before we die. The alternative explanation is that death would occur irrelevant of having surgery or not having surgery, and that surgery is mostly done before the average age of suicide. If it was not done, the age of suicide would remain the same. The other explanation is that trans people wanted to kill themselves, but waited to see if surgery will help them. When it didnt, they decided to take their life. They would take their life irrelevant of surgery, but saw surgery as potential for better life and waited for it. There are those trans people who claim surgery helped them a lot. There are those who claim it didnt help them. Uncorrupted studies are important on this topic. Most studies I found claim that suicide rate in operated is lower than in never-operated, and some studies claim it is the same.
It is the operated wellbeing vs never-operated wellbeing that we should look at when valuing operation. When finding the best age for surgery is when we look at operated cases at different ages. This is the only way we can have uncorrupt studies.
PREZ-HILTON
PREZ-HILTON
-->
@Best.Korea
It is the operated wellbeing vs never-operated wellbeing that we should look at when valuing operation. When finding the best age for surgery is when we look at operated cases at different ages. This is the only way we can have uncorrupt studies.
Here is my theory, and it is backed up by a lot of science. 

Transgender individuals hate themselves. They generally hate who they are and so they try to change who they are . 

They end up murdering their male self thinking it is part of the hated self. After the assignment surgery, the self hate doesn't disappear because they are in fact not a new person but the same person they always was. 

Once they realize they can't escape from themselves even by cutting their dick off, they kill themselves to finally get rid of the person they hate.

As far as what we should look at when valuing operation. We should look at God.

Did God want us to experience this life as a male or a female? 

A huge clue as to whether he wants you to experience being a woman is if he put you in a woman's body. 

If God makes you black, he wants you to be black not bleach your skin. If he makes you a male, he wants you to be a male regardless if you had a past life with residual feelings connected to a previous gender or not. 

If God makes you a midget, he doesn't want you breaking your legs and getting extended. 

On the one hand they hate themselves and are using reassignment surgery to express that, but on the other hand God loves them for who they are and they should love themselves as well and society shouldn't help them to express their self hatred
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@PREZ-HILTON
Once they realize they can't escape from themselves even by cutting their dick off, they kill themselves to finally get rid of the person they hate.
Probably true. I have seen some photos of post operation man to woman. It doesnt exactly look like a woman's vagina. It looks nothing like it. I dont know if they improved it by now.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Intelligence_06
Yes
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
It is illegal for kids under 21 to drink.
There are a few exceptions, usually for religious or educational purposes. Also many countries are 18 or even lower. (16 in Germany for instance)
It is illegal for kids under 18 to get a tattoo.
Not sure about the rest of the US, but in my state you can legally get a tattoo at 14 with parental permission

It is illegal for kids under 21 to own a gun
This is the most incorrect. Federal law only restricts the purchase of most firearms to 18, with only handguns (this is a weirdly defined term, but basically pistols) being restricted to 21.
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@zedvictor4
Not that 18 year olds have mastered how to control how they react to socio-psychological input and internal hormone surges.
In 60's were sending 18 year olds off to Vietnam to die.  Yet it became an issue when, enough youth took a stance in my state --and USA--  that,  ' why is ok to send an 18 year old off to die, yet not legal to buy alcohol'. That law was changed in our state for a few years in there. Maybe till the war was over. I forget

I recall in junior high we our student school counsel was in middle of youth changing ways about policy.  It made no sense for girls to wear dresses in winter in our cold climate. So that policy got canceld and girls could wear slacks/pants. YAY!

Boys became allowed to wear the shirtails out, but I think the belt rule was not allowed too change. 

We now know the brain does not fully develope until around  25 years of age.  Prior to that they thought it was developed by 19 years of age.

..."We not only saw a 10% increase in the number of neuronal connections, but also they were on average about 10% larger, so the connections were stronger as well,”...

..." Can you regrow brain neurons?

Instead, when an adult brain cell of the cortex is injured, it reverts (at a transcriptional level) to an embryonic cortical neuron. And in this reverted, far less mature state, it can now regrow axons if it is provided an environment to grow into ".....

Also sex education needs to start way way way before 18 years of age.  Talk about stupid humans. Its a cult of non-sense on Earth

YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@ebuc
Also sex education needs to start way way way before 18 years of age.  Talk about stupid humans. Its a cult of non-sense on Earth
I actually agree with this. I think that sex education meaning learning about the risks of sex, and why sex exists, and how it works is important to learn at a younger age, preferably at a reasonable age of 14. 

But when people are promoting sex, and gender reassignment surgery, that's when I cross the line.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
There are a few exceptions, usually for religious or educational purposes. Also many countries are 18 or even lower. (16 in Germany for instance)
In the U.S. the law states that any person under the age of 21 is not legally allowed to drink alcoholic beverages. Of course there are exceptions but exceptions come with every law. 

Not sure about the rest of the US, but in my state you can legally get a tattoo at 14 with parental
Yes, you can with parental permission at a younger age, but I was referring to actually making the decision for yourself to get a tattoo. 

This is the most incorrect. Federal law only restricts the purchase of most firearms to 18, with only handguns (this is a weirdly defined term, but basically pistols) being restricted to 21.
Yea this was incorrect. So basically 18 years of age. Same point though. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Well duh, after we won the war on Mr. Potatohead, and almost destroyed the country with the secret attack of the football player taking a knee, then making toddlers get sex changes was just the logical next step. 

You want to talk about destroying civilization, don't forget our subversive victory in casting a black woman to play a fish,

You think the war on Christmas was bad, wait till you see what we have planned for Halloween.,

Bwaaahahaha.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Sidewalker
Well now the lefts arguments have gone from this is good, to this is not good, but we don't care anyways. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
It is illegal for kids under 21 to drink.
It is illegal for kids under 18 to get a tattoo.
It is illegal for kids under 16 to drive without a license.
It is illegal for kids under 21 to smoke.
It is illegal for kids under 21 to own a gun

Alcohol restriction was for the insurance companies.
Tattoos can cause a medical issue if done wrong. You can get one with a parent. 
It's illegal for anyone to drive without a license. State money required it. 
Cigs are the insurance companies.
I owned a gun at six.
Before insurance companies got involved it was all 18 or at a parents discretion.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I owned a gun at six.
Before insurance companies got involved it was all 18 or at a parents discretion.
You just restated what I said.
What does this prove?

And based in science. 
Alcohol consumption for minors is more dangerous than adults.

"Underage drinking increases the risk for being involved in an accident, being victim of a crime, becoming injured, and suffering from addiction later in life. According to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), 60% of youth admit to drinking at least one drink by the time they are 18 years old.2"

Yes....if done wrong. Doesn't the same go for gender reassignment surgery. 
And yes, you can get one with a parent's consent, but like I said, before, I am specifically talking about the child making the decision solely based on their own intellect. 

It amazes me to see parents getting arrested for letting their child get a tattoo, and not for letting their child surgically remove pieces of their body. 

Yes, and why is that? It is because of the lack of experience while driving. Studys show that kids have a harder time processing information, and learning how things work. Especially something like driving. 

"Rick Gilmore, associate professor of psychology, answers:
"Sometimes it seems like children remember things adults do not, but in fact, adults have better memory if by better memory we mean the ability to remember more information, more accurately, and for longer periods of time."

And smoking is also bad for your health......so kids should not be encouraged to do it. Therefore, we must do the opposite of encouraging something that could potentially kill them in the future, by making it illegal. 

I owned a gun at six.
You went to the store yourself, and bought the gun yourself, with your own money?

Yes, your parents can buy a gun, and "give it to you" but that does not necessarily mean you own it. 

Even still. The fact of the matter is that there is an age limit for these things for a reason. 

TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Intelligence_06
Gender reassignment surgery should only be legal towards adults.

Not they should be "illegal".

Nah. It should be illegal. Period. 
There is NO need to pander to the mental delusions of a crazy person wanting to be that which they are not. Same goes for the body modifications to become some other creature/animal. Pure insanity. 
Sidewalker
Debates: 6
Sidewalker
-->
@YouFound_Lxam
Well now the lefts arguments have gone from this is good, to this is not good, but we don't care anyways. 
You can keep your gas stove, but only if it identifies as electric.

You better watch yourself, we turned M&Ms into lesbians, imagine what we can do to a punkass kid with Gender Dysphoria.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
18 year olds aren't kids. That's the point dip shit. Insurance companies lobbied to have adults lose their status. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TWS1405_2
Quit telling people what to do with their bodies, fucking bigot.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
The troll is back in town. Nice! More fun for me 😝 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TWS1405_2
Beating women is a favorite pastime of the board members. Glad to give your wife and kids a break. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Why the powers that be let you back is dumbfounding. You offer about as much as a bedpan full of excrement to this forum. You and IWantRosevelt should be permanently kicked, IMO! 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TWS1405_2
It's ok snowflake, you'll have your safe space back soon. 
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@TWS1405_2
Nah. It should be illegal. Period. 
There is NO need to pander to the mental delusions of a crazy person wanting to be that which they are not. Same goes for the body modifications to become some other creature/animal. Pure insanity. 
What someone else wants to do with their own money and body is their choice, so long as it doesn't harm others. There is no difference between gender reassignment surgery, a nose job, or some cyberpunk type implants. They are all equal under the principle of bodily autonomy. Kids don't get bodily autonomy because kids are stupid, impulsive, and someone else is liable for them. An adult is allowed to be stupid and impulsive because it's their own fault.
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@K_Michael
There is no difference between gender reassignment surgery, a nose job, or some cyberpunk type implants.
I could name a few.

For one gender reassignment surgery involves:
"a surgeon makes “like become like,” using parts of the original penis to create a sensate neo-vagina. The testicles are removed, a procedure called orchiectomy. The skin from the scrotum is used to make the labia. The erectile tissue of the penis is used to make the neoclitoris. The urethra is preserved and functional.
This procedure provides for aesthetic and functional female genitalia in one 4-5 hour operation.  The details of the procedure, the course of recovery, the expected outcomes, and the possible complications will be covered in detail during your surgical consultation."

Now as for the females:

"At the University of Michigan, participants of the Comprehensive Gender Services Program who are ready for a female-to-male sex reassignment surgery will be offered a phalloplasty, generally using the radial forearm flap method. 
This procedure, which can be done at the same time as a hysterectomy/vaginectomy, creates an aesthetically appropriate phallus and creates a urethera for standing urination.  Construction of a scrotum with testicular implants is done as a second stage.  The details of the procedure, the course of recovery, the expected outcomes, and the possible complications will be covered in detail during your surgical consultation."

Gender reassignment surgery involves removing reproductive organs and replacing them with forearm skin, and open wounds. 

A nose job, or "cyberpunk type implants" don't do that type of stuff. 

They are all equal under the principle of bodily autonomy.
Again, a penis and a vagina; testes and uterus; are different from noses faces. 

Kids don't get bodily autonomy because kids are stupid, impulsive, and someone else is liable for them. An adult is allowed to be stupid and impulsive because it's their own fault.
I agree with this 100%
YouFound_Lxam
YouFound_Lxam
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
18 year olds aren't kids. That's the point dip shit. Insurance companies lobbied to have adults lose their status. 
Yes 18-year-olds are adults......your point?