Is it okay to be White? A lot of Black Americans don't think so

Author: Kaitlyn

Total: 189
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@Kaitlyn
Perhaps we (D_R and I) did get off on the wrong foot, but one thing he does that is annoying is his penchant for a lack of attention to detail and reading comprehension issues. His penchant for misinterpreting what you say and coming back at you with something you never said or implied is irritating. He did this to you here: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9219/posts/386480 your post #225 you began by correcting him for that very reason. 

After a while of him doing that over and over one cannot help but feel like you’re just banging your head against the wall. Or beating a dead horse. 
Well alright.

I just didn't think it was fair to lump Double_R with Sidewalker. One is clearly vastly superior to the other, when it comes to arguments, even if they are both flawed.
Alright, they shouldn’t have been lumped together. I will give you that. But I would not use the term “superior,” just better than the other at argumentation. 
Kaitlyn
Debates: 0
Kaitlyn
-->
@TWS1405_2
Perhaps we (D_R and I) did get off on the wrong foot, but one thing he does that is annoying is his penchant for a lack of attention to detail and reading comprehension issues. His penchant for misinterpreting what you say and coming back at you with something you never said or implied is irritating. He did this to you here: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/9219/posts/386480 your post #225 you began by correcting him for that very reason. 

After a while of him doing that over and over one cannot help but feel like you’re just banging your head against the wall. Or beating a dead horse. 
Well alright.

I just didn't think it was fair to lump Double_R with Sidewalker. One is clearly vastly superior to the other, when it comes to arguments, even if they are both flawed.
Alright, they shouldn’t have been lumped together. I will give you that. But I would not use the term “superior,” just better than the other at argumentation. 
Agreed :)

43 days later

rbelivb
Debates: 1
rbelivb
-->
@Kaitlyn
"It's OK to be white" has been a widely used slogan, so the entire framing of this poll is misleading and dishonest.

Just because someone might answer a poll that they disagree with the phrase "Black Lives Matter" does not mean that they believe that black lives don't matter.

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@rbelivb
"It's OK to be White" has been a widely used slogan, so the entire framing of this poll is misleading and dishonest.
The poll respondents were not ask, "Do you agree with the political slogan: 'It's OK to be white?'"

Instead, they were asked whether they agreed with the statement, "It's okay to be white".

Just because someone might answer a poll that they disagree with the phrase "Black Lives Matter" does not mean that they believe that black lives don't matter.
I think the political movement 'Black Lives Matter' is a Black supremacist movement that I don't support at all, yet I agree with the statement, 'Black lives matter'.

Unless you think Blacks are too stupid to see the clear difference, there is a clear difference that shows how racially hateful some Blacks are of Whites.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Kaitlyn
Were white babies ever used as alligator bait?   "Alligator Bait" is the term derived from an activity conducted by white men, mostly in the swamps of Louisiana and Florida throughout the south. These white people were sick beyond belief. These alligator hunters needed to lure the larger bull alligators with human flesh and blood. During the slave era, our ancestors in America were only considered 3/5 of a human being. Which is why these sick hunters had no regard for human life! The alligator hunters kidnapped black infants, skinned them alive, and tied their neck to a string and dropped them into a swamp! Dangling them near the mouths of hungry 700 pound alligators! These black babies were stolen, caged and fed to alligators whole! The activity is retold in various forms in researched documents, many found in the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia in Michigan.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@FLRW
Were white babies ever used as alligator bait?   "Alligator Bait" is the term derived from an activity conducted by white men, mostly in the swamps of Louisiana and Florida throughout the south. These white people were sick beyond belief. These alligator hunters needed to lure the larger bull alligators with human flesh and blood. During the slave era, our ancestors in America were only considered 3/5 of a human being. Which is why these sick hunters had no regard for human life! The alligator hunters kidnapped black infants, skinned them alive, and tied their neck to a string and dropped them into a swamp! Dangling them near the mouths of hungry 700 pound alligators! These black babies were stolen, caged and fed to alligators whole! The activity is retold in various forms in researched documents, many found in the Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia in Michigan.
This has nothing to do with this thread.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Kaitlyn

Yes it does, this is why some blacks do not think it is ok to be white.
sadolite
sadolite
Good thing I don't define myself by my skin color and all the other moronic identity BS. Sooner or later everyone around me  will come begging for my skills and talents regardless of my skin color or their skin color. Identity politics is for short sighted, myopic, moronic, indoctrinated, imbeciles.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@sadolite
 “I don’t know who you are. I don’t know what you want. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you."
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@sadolite
Good thing I don't define myself by my skin color and all the other moronic identity BS. Sooner or later everyone around me  will come begging for my skills and talents regardless of my skin color or their skin color. Identity politics is for short sighted, myopic, moronic, indoctrinated, imbeciles.
The problem with not defining yourself by your skin color is that other people will. They'll then form political groups and vote based on that skin color, making your non-skin color based voting lose every time.

Skin color is also a good way to see who is roughly like you, given that political views and race are heritable. It's not perfect and it would be better if humans evolved to be above these primitive heuristics (as long as the replacement wasn't worse), but now is not the age to be above it.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@Kaitlyn
The point is that the framing of the poll is inherently misleading, and you could potentially get very different results with a differently framed question. For example, I assume "Would you prefer to associate only with other black people" or "is it morally wrong to be white" would get significantly lower results, although it effectively has the same meaning as what the conservatives talking about this poll are implying.

Likewise, if you polled people on "Do you identify as antifascist?" -- you couldn't take the percentage that answer 'no' as the percentage of the population that are fascists. You would need to at least try the poll again with a less confused and misleading framing, e.g. "Do you identify as fascist?"
Reece101
Reece101
A lot of black Americans are white, they just can’t articulate it.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@rbelivb
The point is that the framing of the poll is inherently misleading, and you could potentially get very different results with a differently framed question. For example, I assume "Would you prefer to associate only with other black people" or "is it morally wrong to be white" would get significantly lower results, although it effectively has the same meaning as what the conservatives talking about this poll are implying.
You don't know any of this and are just guessing. That's why you have to use language like "could" and "assume", and I use language like "the poll results were".

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Reece101
I'm glad you sourced this big claim with many sources, and the provided extensive argumentation.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@Kaitlyn
You don't know any of this and are just guessing. That's why you have to use language like "could" and "assume", and I use language like "the poll results were".
I simply do not believe, in general, in the efficacy of scientific studies in the context of politics, culture, or human social life. This is why I talk about possibilities rather than certainties, because there are so many variables involved. The application of certainties and the illusion of rigour in this context is a pseudoscientific affront to genuine science.

Regardless, we do not disagree on what the poll results were, we disagree on how to interpret them.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge

Truly its ridiculous how infamously bad your source is at making polls. I mean, i could list half a page of google, but its really not that hard to find out how bullshit this source is.
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Kaitlyn
You say- your own source being a bullshit trumpian poll maker.

No sources are better than poor ones.
rbelivb
rbelivb
The application of "scientific studies" in the context of social science, to broad cultural trends, or the idea that we can rigorously determine human preferences or psychology, involves a wholesale reduction in standards of scientific rigour.
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Kaitlyn
I'm glad you sourced this big claim with many sources, and the provided extensive argumentation.
Drawing lines on skin pigmentation is what rednecks do. 
FLRW
FLRW

Is it okay to be a Nazi?   A lot of Jews don't think so.
Rieka
Debates: 3
Rieka
-->
@Kaitlyn
Well, politically speaking, no. It’s practically evil to be born white, and anything arguing against it is “unpolitically correct.” I’ve seen videos, I kid you not where people say that all whites are racist, it’s our fault slavery happened and such and we are horrible human beans. I mean, didn’t Coca-Cola pull that be less white scandal a year or two ago?

Now, from my point of view, I do happen to be white but it shouldn’t matter what color you are. Your morals, values, and actions should be deciding factor whether you’re a good person or not. It’s okay to be black, white, whatever color you are. It’s not like you chose to be the color you are, and many liberals act like you can control it (some of which are white themselves!) 

Sadly, it’s not that surprising the answer. I’m not saying all black people are racist, no way. One of the primary groups that elect Liberals into office happen to be the black community, and Liberals really don’t care about them. They just use them for votes and fame. Black Lives Matter, for instance did not help black people at all. They just treated themselves with fancy mansions and flourished in the luxury they practically stole from black folks. They’ve been taught by Liberals that they’re oppressed and need justice, but their oppressors are long gone by now. Dead. 

Speaking of which, one woman I saw on Youtube who was a Black American was so sick of BlM that she snapped at a White BLM supporter waving the flag. She made a point about how they are free and not oppressed, how BLM didn’t support them and black people are killed the most by other black people, and I agree with her. There are many black folks out there, like the poll shows that think it’s okay to be white, and others who don’t think so and think they can be racist. Still, it’s not surprising seeing how the left is completely destroying this country. 
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@rbelivb
I simply do not believe, in general, in the efficacy of scientific studies in the context of politics, culture, or human social life.
It's not a study, dude, it's a poll. It's a poll with a simple statement and a clear outcome.

This is why I talk about possibilities rather than certainties, because there are so many variables involved.
We don't need to account for all variables. Things like what the Blacks ate for breakfast that morning, or whether they've attended Communist meetings in their lives, don't matter.

The fact is that when asked whether they agreed with a simple statement, 1/4 Blacks said they didn't think it was okay to be White, and another 1/4 weren't sure. Again, they weren't asked: 'Do you agree with the political movement It's Okay to be White?' Unless you think Blacks are too stupid to tell the difference between a movement and a statement, the results of the poll are clear.

Also, what's your excuse for the other poll: "Black people can be racist, too"76% of agree, 27% disagree, 8% not sure. Was that "misleading?"

Regardless, we do not disagree on what the poll results were, we disagree on how to interpret them.
You've provided nothing by speculation. I've provided the results to a straightforward poll.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Theweakeredge

Truly its ridiculous how infamously bad your source is at making polls. I mean, i could list half a page of google, but its really not that hard to find out how bullshit this source is.

You say- your own source being a bullshit trumpian poll maker.
All worthless Ad Hominem.

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Reece101
Drawing lines on skin pigmentation is what rednecks do. 
Human races are a scientific fact. To deny human races exist is to deny evolution occurred.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@Rieka
Well, politically speaking, no. It’s practically evil to be born white, and anything arguing against it is “unpolitically correct.” I’ve seen videos, I kid you not where people say that all whites are racist, it’s our fault slavery happened and such and we are horrible human beans. I mean, didn’t Coca-Cola pull that be less white scandal a year or two ago?
Yes, there are certainly people out there who genuinely hate White people.

To be fair, only half of the Blacks in this poll didn't say yes as to whether it's okay to be White.

Now, from my point of view, I do happen to be white but it shouldn’t matter what color you are. Your morals, values, and actions should be deciding factor whether you’re a good person or not. It’s okay to be black, white, whatever color you are. It’s not like you chose to be the color you are, and many liberals act like you can control it (some of which are white themselves!) 
It shouldn't matter but it sure seems to. That's not to say other racial groups experience racial hatred, but it's certainly true that White people experience racial hatred. And yes, some of those people are White, particularly far-left White people (they actually have a racial out-group bias against their own kind).

Sadly, it’s not that surprising the answer. I’m not saying all black people are racist, no way. One of the primary groups that elect Liberals into office happen to be the black community, and Liberals really don’t care about them. They just use them for votes and fame. Black Lives Matter, for instance did not help black people at all. They just treated themselves with fancy mansions and flourished in the luxury they practically stole from black folks. They’ve been taught by Liberals that they’re oppressed and need justice, but their oppressors are long gone by now. Dead. 
Yes, they're certainly not a oppressed. A lot of the issues that Blacks face can be explained by genetic difference and choices they make.

Blacks are arguably privilege, in America.

Speaking of which, one woman I saw on Youtube who was a Black American was so sick of BlM that she snapped at a White BLM supporter waving the flag. She made a point about how they are free and not oppressed, how BLM didn’t support them and black people are killed the most by other black people, and I agree with her. There are many black folks out there, like the poll shows that think it’s okay to be white, and others who don’t think so and think they can be racist. Still, it’s not surprising seeing how the left is completely destroying this country. 
Yes. Not all Blacks are in lock-step with far-left propaganda. 
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@FLRW
If your skills are used to hurt people, then they are quite f-ing useless to humanity. My skills help people.
sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Kaitlyn
"The problem with not defining yourself by your skin color is that other people will. " Let them, they are useless. Who the fuck wants to associate with an asshole racist who defines people by their race? 
Reece101
Reece101
-->
@Kaitlyn
Human races are a scientific fact. To deny human races exist is to deny evolution occurred.
In science, technically humans can be considered fish. 
Theweakeredge
Theweakeredge
-->
@Kaitlyn
Actually- ad hominems can relate to things that are quite important. When someone doesn't do any work to establish the trustworthiness of their source we're relying on your trustworthiness that your source can be taken seriously. 

If your behavior is that of a manipulator or someone who is deceived easily, its important to note so we know to investigate your sources more thoroughly. As it turns out, you are either willing ignorant, a liar, or easily deceived - at least, given the nature of your poor sources.
rbelivb
rbelivb
-->
@Kaitlyn
As you claim, you are presenting straightforward facts and I am presenting speculation. What I am pointing out is that you are really giving opinion and speculation under the guise of empirical fact. We could totally agree that the actual poll results were reliably presented - however, as theweakeredge pointed out, this is also under question. But even granting the poll results, you have not justified your conclusions based on the poll results. Even going by your question whether black people are "too stupid" to understand the difference between a movement, and a claim, (between "it's ok to be white" as a meme versus a statement) this itself would be an alternative to the theory that they answered this way because of racial hatred. If we limit ourselves to the evidence of the poll itself, then we can only say that a minority segment of the black population don't agree with the statement "It's OK to be white." Whether they are stupid, hateful, or whether they would actually answer differently to a differently worded question -- all of this is speculation extraneous to anything established by the poll itself.