Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@RationalMadman
:) 

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
Okay, I think I understand what the 'thread' section is for. It definitely is very different to what I thought it was for. It is for threads that are prestigious, not necessarily popular or great for the community but simply prestigious and held in high subjective regard. I get it now.

One of the best threads of all times in terms of how well it went start-to-end. I vote for it, I also vote for my 'I quit' thread, because it was fucking epic no matter what anyone says about it. 

How Did You Become An Atheist?
Goodbye.
RM Profile Pic Vending Machine (edited with pixlr to eye-pleasing perfection such as I do with mine)

I am voting what I genuinely think will go down in history and be a thing others visit later on and find relevant even a decade from now.

I deleted my imgur account for personal reasons but will still give avatars (that I won't be able to delete after enough time as I'll be posting it accountless so it will be cookie and IP-based, which I don't let stay consistent for long online).

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Users

Wylted - 1
Ramshutu - 4
Virtuoso - 3
Mopac - 1
Oro - 2
RM - 6
Supa - 1
Mike - 2
Speed - 1
Whiteflame - 1
Ragnar - 2

Threads

HOF Upcoming - 2
Appointed Mods - 1
About DART - 1
Become Atheist - 1
Goodbye - 1
Vending Machine - 1

Debates

Firing Squad - 4
Jury Nullification - 2
Animal Experiment - 2
Rap Battle - 1
Israeli Military - 2

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Trent0405
Well I guess I'll nominate Ragnar Ram and RM than, sorry about that.

Unsuprisingly, my three are the same

Ramshutu because his commitment to voting is obviously the pillar that upholds this debating community.  Without him, half our debates would be 0/0.  His hard work makes my fun possible.  We debaters should all consider ourselves lucky to have him.

RationalMadman for being the first and only holder of all medals, first and only King of the Hill medal winner, first and only Friend of the Crowd medal winner, etc.  Always engaging crazy badass.  Feature- not bug.

Ragnar handed me my first defeat on DDO six years ago and has served as my hallmark of quality debating ever since as well as who I look to for model behavior on this site- active, generous, smart, funny, undefeated, second most important voter. The fact that he's an immigrant veteran Iraqi War Medic who picked up the nickname "Rabbit's Foot" because he's that lucky and jumps out of planes with broken ribs just makes him one cool as fuck badass in my book.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
My debates are often 0/0 unless Ramshutu finds reason to vote against me on them but I guess for others he is important in the votes.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
I nominate two users at this time, SupaDudz and Wylted.

I don't think either of these choices really needs justification.

I may or may not nominate a third later, may or may not nominate for other categories.
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
In consideration of these matters, there were enough quality in most things to more or less make it about which to delay...

USERS:
With the limit of three inductees, I believe the moderators have all earned it, but I am prioritizing just one to give other users recognition outside of that position.

• I’ve done the math, at 27.5% of the active votes, he’s by far our best voter. Nearly all of us have him to thank for not having more unvoted tied debates. He’s basically done to tied debates what the CDC did to measles. For this alone he deserves our highest recognition.
    Additionally, he serves as a vote moderator, greatly decreasing the time he has available to vote, by cleaning up bad votes on our debates.
  • P1: It is prima facie that critical thinking is useful.
    P2: Syllogisms and the logical form help express and encourage critical thinking.
    P3: semperfortis raised the frequency of those techniques even outside his own debates.
    C:  semperfortis should be inducted into the HoF.
  • Reserved for later consideration.

DEBATES:
Due to the HoF serving as examples to be pointed to for years to come, I am not voting for anything with forfeitures, character limit violations, etc.

• An excellent troll debate done in jest as if sincere. I am loath to nominate my own debate, but we also have a dire shortage on comedic debates. I even publicly asked but no one pointed to others worth reading; so I am nominating the best offering from the first year or so of the site.
    Endorsements from the comment section: “Oh dear,” “Genius,” and “Goat”!
  • A fantastic example of what policy debates can be. It came from an exceptionally good starting place of mutual disagreement with the status quo and agreement that either side would be a marked improvement. This was easily among the closest debates I’ve ever graded, with both sides losing some of their points.
  • While drilling down to one core issue, this was possibly the most in depth religious debate we’ve had. The educational value of this debate cannot be overstated.

THREADS
As someone who has only made about as many forum posts as votes cast (votes got set behind by playing Mafia...), I’m not sure what is and is not quality to be celebrated in this area. So, I’ll reserve these for later consideration to nominations others support.

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Barney
@semperfortis
  • P1: It is prima facie thatcritical thinking is useful.
    P2: Syllogisms and the logical form help express and encourage criticalthinking.
    P3: semperfortis raised the frequency of those techniques even outsidehis own debates.
    C:  semperfortis should beinducted into the HoF.
LOL I love this
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
I Nominate Ramshustu
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
For Debates, its the climate change and capitalism one between uther penguin and RM

Also Firing squad VS. Nitrogen gas
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
I have no threads to nominate EXCPET ONE

RM's goodbye
AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
-->
@bsh1
USER NOMINATIONS

RM-A god damn legend. Most active user, 2nd most forum posts, most debates won, and has topped the leader boards.

Oromagi-Upgraded Ramshutu. Debate master, and a cool kid.

SupaDudz- As RM said, a creative dude. Good raps, good debates, and he's young too.

Honorable Mentions
Ragnar
semperfortis
Speedrace

Best Debates
This one, by far. It was so fun to read. https://www.debateart.com/debates/1235/firing-squad-is-the-best-form-of-capital-punishment. I didn't vote on it, because my voting privileges were taken away. :(

Best Forum Posts
Probably, as Gatorade, it took me a good 30 minutes to contribute to this thread. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2431/goodbye?page=7&post_number=164.

Tejretics
Debates: 7
Tejretics
Debates:

Whiteflame vs. me on Israel

People:

Virtuoso
Castin
DebateArt.com

I'm not nominating DDO HoF people, because meh.
Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
I nominate Virtuoso.
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
Users:

In an effort to keep from promoting my own debates, at least for the purposes of the nomination process, I'm going to focus my attention on some of the debates that caught my eye when I was voting on them.

A solid debate on a difficult issue. Could have used some work establishing the differences in framework, but as a breakdown of the issues surrounding plea bargaining, both sides did an excellent job.

Another well-executed debate with a lot of good points made by both sides. I know it's the same two debaters, but it's also a much more even debate.

A complex debate with a lot of intriguing points brought up by both sides. I like the twists and turns this one took, and I think both sides brought their A-game to it.

Debates:

I'm going to try to focus on users who weren't recognized through DDO for this one.

Ramshutu: I don't think I have to say much here. He's been exceptionally good about voting on debates and does a very thorough job in his analysis. His work with the moderation team is nothing to scoff at, and I think he deserves the recognition.

Virtuoso: Again, I think this speaks for itself. He's done a great deal in terms of moderation for the site, is a highly active and engaged user, and one of the main reasons I came to the site in the first place.

I'll reserve the last spot for another time.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@whiteflame
Does it feel nice to not have the weight of a moderator's job?
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
RationalMadman ~ A spark of chaos that can question anything. Stirs things up, makes things happen, get in there buddy.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
SupaDudz
whiteflame
Debates: 27
whiteflame
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Mostly, yes. I'm so slammed with work these days that I wouldn't have time for it, and, let's face it, it's not exactly the most glamorous job out there. That being said, what I appreciated about being a moderator was that I was always tuned into what was going on, and I felt like I had a strong support network in Blade-of-Truth and Airmax. That much I miss.
Vader
Vader
Explanations

RationalMadman
Easily the site member with the most impact on his site. His energy always brings this site into relativity

Oromagi
A smart left winged debater, his terminology and interpretation of debates make him one of smartest members on this site

Virtuoso
One of the nicer members on the site, his creative energy and positive spirit contribute a lot to the site
----------------
Forum

I Will Pick Your PFP/ PFP RM (that whole SAGA)

DART Wiki Community

What Is A Call Out Thread?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
Stupid me...

How could I forget the masterpiece which was the goodbye speech?

Both RMs and mine XD

JK I’m not allowed to vote for my own thread

And even if I was, it would be too provocative for Bah1’s taste

With that said, I nominate RM’s goodbye thread for my second vote
David
Debates: 91
David
I will now make my nominations for threads:

(1) RM's goodbye thread
(2) Alec's Minimum Wage thread
(3) Bsh's Celebrity Mafia game threads 
Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
I nominate Bsh1, RationalMadman, and DebateArt.com
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I Will Pick Your PFP/ PFP RM (that whole SAGA)
Which thread is this?
bsh1
bsh1
Users

Wylted - 2
Ramshutu - 8
Virtuoso - 7
Mopac - 1
Oro - 4
RM - 11
Supa - 4
Mike - 4
Speed - 2
Whiteflame - 1
Ragnar - 4
Semper - 2
Castin - 1
Bsh1 - 1

Threads

HOF Upcoming - 2
Appointed Mods - 1
About DART - 1
Become Atheist - 1
Goodbye - 5
Vending Machine - 2
DART Wiki - 1
Call-out Thread - 1
Minimum Wage - 1
Celebrity Mafia - 1

Debates

Firing Squad - 6
Jury Nullification - 2
Animal Experiment - 2
Rap Battle - 1
Israeli Military - 3
Fetuses - 1
Jesus Messiah - 1
Climate Change - 1
Plea Bargaining - 1
Death Penalty - 1
Gay Marriage - 1

Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
It was the profile pic one

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
I nominate:

Supa, Ramshutu, and RationalMadman

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Gotcha.
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
We are allowed to vote DebateArt.com? i thought he was off limits bc he is creator
Vader
Vader
Either way, my votes will stay the same then. it would not be fair to change my vote just cause of the fact someone is unaware