Can God make something he cant lift?

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 63
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Stephen

NOPE!! This is what I wrote.  : >>>>>> So;  simply tell me what the Ancient Hebrew means for "all things" and why- if at all - the Ancient Hebrew meaning is different from the Christian bible meaning.  #22 last line.
I already explained it. The meaning would be different because of the lack of words to convey the same meaning in english, and Political motives about translating something a certain way.

That will be your fellow Christians who  have trouble with it.
I'M not a christian LOL

BUT IT STILL REQUIRES ONE TO BE DEAD doesn't it! Inother words all of those words you spouted ALL mean the same thing. SEE #22

Yes they would all require somebody to be dead genius, but that doesn't mean it has the same meaning. Being cremated would also require you to be dead, it doesn't make it a synonym for the word dead. 

How retarded can you get to think that just because two different words can require the same state of being that they mean the same thing. 

Why would Ingive a shit about what other Christian's think? 

The bible was written by men. I have no problem accepting it could be wrong or corrupted or even mostly bullshit. 

What we do know is that Jesus Christ died, was resurrected 3 days later and he was seen by thousands of people after his death, proving his supernatural ability and godhood. 

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
I'M not a christian LOL

Good for you. But I meant  "your"  as in   "that's  your fellow Christian for you".  As already said, take your own advice and " " work on your reading comprehension skills. "

The bible was written by men. I have no problem accepting it could be wrong or corrupted or even mostly bullshit. 

JESUS!!!!  you are sharp. 

What we do know is that Jesus Christ died, was resurrected 3 days later

Not so sharp after all. How disappointing.

and he was seen by thousands of people after his death,
"The bible was written by men" 

proving his supernatural ability and godhood. 
Proving nothing at all only  that ""The bible was written by men" . Just because someone wrote something doesn't make it at all true...... in any written ancient language. 

"It has served us well, this myth of Christ." - Pope Leo X

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen

Did you hear the Pope speak that or was it from something written by men? 

Singularity
Singularity
If you want to debate me on Jesus's resurrection I'd be happy to, but you would lose. You don't really have well thought out opinions on things
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Singularity

Did you hear the Pope speak that or was it from something written by men? 

Oh come on. If you can have it that a three day old stinking  rotten corpse can come to life again, I can accept that this Pope may have said something, and then someone wrote it down.  Do you see the comparison there Singularity?   A dead man coming to life and something  allegedly said and wrote down. You couldn't get a rolling paper between the obvious difference could you, eh.

If you want to debate me on Jesus's resurrection I'd be happy to, but you would lose. You don't really have well thought out opinions on things

Behave yourself. 
I have covered this a few times now. If you feel like resurrecting one of my old threads be my guest. here ya go:

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen
Oh come on. If you can have it that a three day old stinking  rotten corpse can come to life again, I can accept that this Pope may have said something, and then someone wrote it down.  Do you see the comparison there Singularity?   A dead man coming to life and something  allegedly said and wrote down. You couldn't get a rolling paper between the obvious difference could you, eh.
I mean we literally have thousands of witnesses to Jesus resurrection, but only one witness to the Pope saying that. You need to stick with your premises.  I said the bible was written by men and could be wrong, you took that to mean anything written by men is 100% unreliable and then depended on something written by man to support your argument. 

Now we get to the next point. How do we determine reliability. Well Corinthians was written just 20 to 30 years after the events took place, we have texts about Cleopatra we think of as relevant written even later than that. We have the fact that if the large masses who saw jesus after his resurrection were lied about, the people in those areas would have stepped up to easily debunk what Paul wrote. 

Behave yourself. 
I have covered this a few times now. If you feel like resurrecting one of my old threads be my guest. here ya go:
I knew you were too much of a pussy. Look I will even let atheists be the exclusive judges of the debate. If your points are stronger than mine which you seem to think they are, you should be able to easily beat me. Or perhaps you are aware I would crush you and would rather stick to forums where you can fool yourself into believing you are making better points

Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Lets not continue this topic. I believe we have established what God can and cannot do. 
Singularity
Singularity
Those are some fair points in those posts. I will get to this later if the adderal doesn't wear off.  The posts cited. Some dumb ones as wel . But I will address them. Right now the kid is all about me and annoying 
DeusVult
DeusVult
-->
@Stephen
It depends on what you mean under the definition of Myth.  As JRR Tolkien noted to C.S. Lewis, the incarnation of Jesus was "True Myth".
fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
-->
@Melcharaz
Taking you at your word that a thought experiment is the thrust of your posit, I'll ask in reply whether or not God can or cannot lift a weight greater than what He can lift: why would He need to try? It's really my response to all such challenges to God's abilities: in the argument of His omnipotence, omnipresence, and omniscience, many assume He is compelled to use the full measure of His abilities at all times? Again; why should He? If all he needs is a fly swatter, why should He over burden Himself with a nuclear weapon?
It is not that He refuses to waive His hand and all human suffering is eliminated, as we expect, or He is not God, consider that he allows suffering to take place because often, our suffering is due to our own actions; not His. We cause the suffering of others; let us solve our own problems with one another. It's what we're supposed to do.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
I mean we literally have thousands of witnesses to Jesus resurrection,

No you do not , stop being silly.  

I knew you were too much of a pussy. 

Nope. I have done the crucifixion a  quite few times now - as I have shown you above - and I forgot  to add my most recent which was just  four short days ago where  you appear to have given it a wide birth. In fact it appears that the whole christian community here gave it a wide birth, with only  one single irrelevant reply.

Why don't you star a thread of your own  supporting  ALL of your claims that Jesus died on the cross and came back to life and was " witnessed by thousands"   of people

Start by supporting this wild claim of yours>> #31

->@Singularity wrote; " What we do know is that Jesus Christ died, was resurrected 3 days later and he was seen by thousands of people after his death, proving his supernatural ability and godhood". 

Now,  off you go.  Start your own  thread, I will join you as soon as you have done so.  It shouldn't take you too long to gather your supporting  evidence  that supports your Sunday school story.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen
500 of the witnesses are mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15. Had it been bullshit, with the gospel written within the lifetime of those who would have knowledge of whether the event took place,  Paul would have been called out. Let's not forget that these disciples so strongly believed in what they saw,  that they willingly accepted execution,  rather than admit to making up stuff, these young men chose to die for their beliefs. It makes no sense for them to keep up the ruse if it is based on obvious bullshit
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
500 of the witnesses are mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15.
So?  I don't believe that anyone seen a  man once said to have been dead for three days,  alive again. You cannot prove anything at all.   You don'y understand the meanings  of these verses or these scriptures at all.  You are not even novice.

It makes no sense for them to keep up the ruse if it is based on obvious bullshit

Like I have sad. You don't understand the first thing about these scriptures, or the language they used among the different sects that existed in Palestine at the time of the Christ.

I think you missed all of this>>

I knew you were too much of a pussy. 

Why don't you start a thread of your own  supporting  ALL of your claims that Jesus died on the cross and came back to life and was " witnessed by thousands"   of people

->@Singularity wrote; " What we do know is that Jesus Christ died, was resurrected 3 days later and he was seen by thousands of people after his death, proving his supernatural ability and godhood". 

Now,  off you go.  Start your own  thread, I will join you as soon as you have done so.  It shouldn't take you too long to gather your supporting  evidence  that supports your Sunday school story.

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen
So?  I don't believe that anyone seen a  man once said to have been dead for three days,  alive again. You cannot prove anything at all.   You don'y understand the meanings  of these verses or these scriptures at all.  You are not even novice.

I don't? Other than 1 corinthians 15 clearly states a crowd of at least 500 people witnessed him? 

Your rebuttal is "you don't understand this" 

How about this. Go to the debate portion of this site and challenge me in a debate. I bet you. won't, because you honestly can't win and you are such an intellectual midget you have to stick to the forums so you can stick with your self delusion that you are somehow not a brainlet

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Singularity
Your rebuttal is "you don't understand this" 

No. My rebuttal is that you cannot prove it. " I would work on your reading comprehension skills. "

How about this. Go to the debate portion of this site and challenge me in a debate.

And I have suggested that you start a thread all of your own and I will gladly join you. But you keep refusing to do that or didn't you see my offer ?
just in case you didn't here is is again. Notice bold underlined>>>

Why don't you start a thread of your own  supporting  ALL of your claims that Jesus died on the cross and came back to life and was " witnessed by thousands"   of people

Now,  off you go.  Start your own  thread, I will join you as soon as you have done so.  It shouldn't take you too long to gather your supporting  evidence  that supports your Sunday school story.

PS. You still haven't brought yourself to comment on my last and most very recent thread concerning the crucifixion and a supposed dead man. Why is that?  Here you are in case you missed that too. I await your comments but please make them relevant to the topic. >>>> 

Islam, Christianity and the Crucifixion.
Author:Stephen05.04.20 06:33PM

Singularity
Singularity
-->
@Stephen
You keep trying to hash this out in a thread where you can escape actually having to admit I defeated you with logic. If you are scared to debate because you know I would crush you with facts, just admit you are either wrong or a pussy. 

I did I pointed out 1 corinthians 15. And gave  several premises for why it should be accepted as fact. This is why you are scared of a formal debate with me. You ignore my premises, meaning my arguments would stand and you would be declared a loser

Stephen
Stephen
This is why you are scared of a formal debate with me

Nope. My genuine offer still stands and I will keep reminding you that it still stands. Start your own  thread, I will join you as soon as you have done so. for the forth time>>>

PS. You still haven't brought yourself to comment on my last and most very recent thread concerning the crucifixion and a supposed dead man. Why is that?  Here you are in case you missed that too. I await your comments but please make them relevant to the topic. >>>> 

Islam, Christianity and the Crucifixion.
Author:Stephen05.04.20 06:33PM

15 days later

Stephen
Stephen

@ Melcharaz,

Can God make something he cant lift?

4. Can god make a rock so big that he can’t lift it?
God is omnipotent. But omnipotence does not mean that God can do literally everything.
As the shorter catechism says "God can do all His holy will."
God cannot sin...God cannot lie...God cannot change His nature.
God cannot deny the demands of His holy character.
God cannot make a square circle, for the notion of a square circle is self–contradictory.
God cannot cease to be God. But all that God wills and promises He can and will do.

User_2006
Debates: 50
User_2006
I don't know what or why, but here it is.

If God can create a boulder that he can't lift, then he either can't lift it or he can't create it.

God cannot be both weak or strong at the same time, even if he is God. If that is somehow possible, why isn't it comprehensible by humans? If it is not comprehensible by humans, God is not omnipotent. If God is truly omnipotent, he should be able to make everything else omnipotent as well. 
User_2006
User_2006
bump

10 days later

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
This is implying god does exist in the first place. If he doesn't exist how can he lift something?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Crocodile
If it did exist and it was as fantastic as people say it is, then it wouldn't try to lift something that was too heavy. It would just create a lifting device. Only foolish people try to lift things that are too heavy?.....Oooooh my back!
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Crocodile
Also, it occurs to me that by definitively stating that God is male, you are in fact also implying that a god does exist.
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@zedvictor4
Can god make something he can't lift?
That's like saying can you write a math problem you can't solve?
Of course you can.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
No, you misread. I would work on your reading comprehension skills.
Lol!

The question is illogical.

God does not lift things by overcoming the pull of gravity. That is why a billion pounds is as easy for God to lift as s pebble. The weight of an object has no relation to God's ability to lift it.

The question might as well be, "Can God make a rock so yellow that He cannot lift it?" The color of an object has no relation to God's ability to lift it. The trick in the question is that most people automatically assume a correlation between weight, and ability to lift, when there is no such correlation with God.

It's a only a "connundrum" for poor thinkers.
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Crocodile
He sure can. I just built something yesterday that neither myself nor I and my dad can lift.

God is not omnipotent, and should not be treated as so. I am thinking you are talking about the God of Christianity. If a god is truly omnipotent, he would enter these words in the brains of everyone in the world, assuming they are actually correct. We won't be seeing God as a being if he is truly omnipotent and we won't praise him because he won't be flawed in any way. Characteristics stand out because there are flaws, and a truly omnipotent God would be law and order itself instead of the creator of such. 

I think God is just a field of force that can explain everything. I know Einstein had researched this and defined on electromagnetism. If so, Tesla is the closest to become God so far. If we used the force correctly, I can literally create huge chunks of rocks that I can't lift, by changing the characteristics of particles in the air to silicon oxide molecules, then make them as dense as a solid needs to be. 

All of DBZ is just a bunch of dudes trying to be God by controlling the force, presumably electromagnetism. In fact, because time travel is possible, "Godfield" probably takes place in the process of time travel.

User_2006
User_2006
What my point is:

• God is a force field that maintains the universe. Christianity is a hoax.
  • God cannot be theoretically omnipotent.
  • No matter how omnipotent we can be, we can't be God, however, we can use the force of God to do things.

Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@User_2006
God has a strength of Rayo's Number. Search it up. I find it fascinating.
User_2006
User_2006
-->
@Crocodile
It could be rationalized, but it cannot be evidently proven. 
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@User_2006
God is a force field that maintains the universe.
Yep.

My ideas of a god principle are along these lines.

So one cannot rightly refer to the concept of deism as a "hoax".  

What I would suggest is that Christianity is simply a mythology woven into the god principle.

it's the maintenance of the myth that still hoaxes.