Posts in total: 59
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 2,573
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @SupaDudz
    "each characters own unique way." It should be character's because it's possessive.
    "The DART Bard is extremely well written, comical, and most importantly, gives you the news going on in DART." This bothers me because it violates the principle of parallelism. For instance, the sentence "I like pigs, dogs, and cats" exhibits parallelism because each item in the list is the same type of grammatical construct, whereas "I like pigs, dogs, and petting cats" does not because petting cats isn't a noun like the other items in the list. In your sentence, the items in the list are "well written, comical, and gives you the news". The first two are adjectives, but the last item is a clause. However, I'm not sure if it actually needs rewriting because the way you broke it up with "and most importantly" disguises the lack of parallelism. While it's technically incorrect, most people probably won't notice.

Hey, the "Editor of the DART Bard" isn't just a joke title. I really do have to edit it.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 29
    Forum posts: 10,751
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @SirAnonymous
    I would have thought lmao

• oromagi
    oromagi avatar
    Debates: 92
    Forum posts: 3,684
    oromagi avatar
    oromagi
    --> @SirAnonymous
     I never thanked everybody for this honor.  Thank you.

Thanks especially to SirAnonymous for his kind words.

Congrats to Ragnar and Supadudz, who were probably the first and second person I ever talked to on this site.  

thank you all.  You've been an important part of keeping me sane in an insane year.
  • SirAnonymous
    SirAnonymous avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 2,573
    SirAnonymous avatar
    SirAnonymous
    --> @oromagi
    Thanks especially to SirAnonymous for his kind words.
    You're welcome. You earned it.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @oromagi
    Fear ye fear ye oromagi
    He sees through opponent argument, is he Neji?
    His intellect stunning, the wins gather
    When he accepts the debate, his opponent scatter

Fear ye fear ye oromagi
    Champion of mafia, for his analysis of allibi
    Is feared by the scum of the game
    Unless he is scum, beware, he will frame

Cheers to oromagi, the master debater
    Now a recognized Hall of Famer
    He will still rise to the top of the chart
    Soon to achieve 100 wins, off to a great start
  • Intelligence_06
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Debates: 39
    Forum posts: 1,397
    Intelligence_06 avatar
    Intelligence_06
    --> @Ragnar
    Ragnar is the natural alpha male of this website.
    It is certainly interesting to see unorthodox discussions about our site's users(especially in a positive light), with battles that intend no serious harm whatsoever. 

• Ragnar
    Ragnar avatar
    Debates: 34
    Forum posts: 1,642
    Ragnar avatar
    Ragnar
    Ok the current draft can be seen at: #33

Changes will of course always be possible, even after it is placed in the museum.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ragnar
    Any progress?
  • oromagi
    oromagi avatar
    Debates: 92
    Forum posts: 3,684
    oromagi avatar
    oromagi
    --> @David @MisterChris @Ragnar @SupaDudz
    Please add this write up for Ragnar:

"Ragnar has been my model for online debating since he handed me my first debate loss back in 2013.   A US immigrant who served our country as a medic under fire in Iraq with the 82nd ("DEATH from ABOVE") Airborne division, Ragnar has earned my admiration and gratitude far above and apart from any website participation but I believe that history and strength of character is evident in his leadership here among our little company of madmen and malcontents.  He is not just a paragon of persuasion, he is also an composer of crystal clear prose.  He is not just a moderator, he is also moderate and fair-minded and restrained in wise opinion.   After our losses in leadership late last year, Ragnar stepped up into the breach to preserve the legitimacy and quality of debates on this site and remains the strongest arch upholding the leaky roof that is our voting policy.   In fact, he's just weeks away from becoming our all time top voter.  For his humor, keen reason, good sportsmanship, even-handed leadership and easy friendship, Ragnar is most worthy of this elevation to DebateArt's Hall of Fame." -Oromagi