How can God be both an alpha male and omega male?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 65
RationalMadman
Debates: 562
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
I mean, it's clear that either you or I is the dumb one who can't think outside the box at this point. To avoid insulting you, I'll say I'm too dumb to explain what seems obvious to me.

It literally says it not just in that verse hut throughout the Bible. Do you even know what the 'alpha' in any context is?
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
So you can't address those simple questions raised by your own ambiguous statements, yet are stopping short of calling me dumb. Oh well, that explains just about everything doesn't it!?

I 'll attempt to make it easier for you.

I know Jesus/ God called himself  "the Alpha and Omega"  in the bible, at Revelation. Revelation 22:13/Revelation 1:8   Is this where you have read it?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
You mean where it's literally said, yes. If you mean where it's implied he's also the omega to his alpha, the devil to himself, there's many more clues if you carefully read about Satan and realise Lucifer is a different character entirely.
Stephen
Stephen

there's many more clues if you carefully read about Satan and realise Lucifer is a different character entirely.

Let us see these clues and from  where you got them.

Do you even know what the 'alpha' in any context is?

Yes. And in the biblical context within which we are talking it is referring to nothing else but time. 

What you imagine it to be referring to is neither here nor there.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
I have  already explained some in other threads I made dedicated to it. No, I don't owe you a massive list of specifics, it's for you to find out for yourself.

You seem to think you can just demand 'prove it' and a stranger owes you the time and effort spent on doing so.
Stephen
Stephen
I have  already explained some in other threads I made dedicated to it.

Dedicated to what?

No, I don't owe you a massive list of specifics,

But you do. This is your thread and you should explain yourself

it's for you to find out for yourself.

So your idea of starting a thread is to pose a question without specifics and hope everyone reading  should know immediately wtf you talking about?

You seem to think you can just demand 'prove it'

I have asked for clarification,  I HAVE NOT asked you to "prove" anything!

and a stranger owes you the time and effort spent on doing so.

You owe me, THE READER,  clarification if you wish to engage with me. But it appears that what it is you are imagining is one thing, and what is actually being related and conveyed in Revelation in completely another.  Arse FROM elbow, spring to mind.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
No, Stephen, I don't owe you a damn thing.
Stephen
Stephen
Well then without you making yourself clear instead of talking biblical bollocks, it seems you are on your own with your exaggerated and unbalanced imagination.

I have told you.  Revelation is all about time and an end to the "age".   It has nothing to do with the gender, male , female or transsexual beings of any type  or anyone in between. .It has nothing to do with a god being one thing and Satan being another.

Its all in your head. Mind where you bang it!
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
I don't understand what he means by that statement. Omega males are basically the very rebellious type who refuse to bow down before the Alpha male, in an overt manner that can at times get them punished, depending on personality clashes and agendas.

Scar in Lion King was a Sigma male while Mufasa was an obvious Alpha. However, a good example of what an Omega Male is, is actually Pumbaa (Timon is more of a beta male). If God is both the rebellious and the man in charge is it true to say God may be Satan himself?
Your title is eisegesis at its best, for it draws your 21st-century gender ideology into the 1st-century text. Later in the thread, you and others tie in the zodiac calendar (Posts 9-21) while ignoring the whole context of Scripture and its teachings. To an OT people steeped in Mosaic law and ritual, it teaches about the Messiah and the end of the Mosaic covenant in AD 70. You and the others who bring the zodiac and gender into the verse and other verses add to your own confusion by collapsing the text of its context and adding your own. Revelation is John's version of the Olivet Discourse, pointing to the OT covenant and economy's soon-coming end, within that generation Jesus came to. Jesus/Yeshua is the beginning of the NT covenant (as promised in the OT), an everlasting covenant. For your information, what is applied to God in the OT is applied to Jesus in the NT since God is Lord of both covenants.  The alpha and omega passages nowhere apply to gender, as Stephen correctly pointed out. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@PGA2.0
It is not our fault you can't see beyond the exoteric. Typical of most people, religious and atheist.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@janesix
It is not our fault you can't see beyond the exoteric. Typical of most people, religious and atheist.
Oh, how is that? Also, do you feel you rate better? If so, why?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
I am the alpha and the omega and you will bow before my alpha self while suspecting and doubting my omega self.

Woo, also I am the masculine ruler of all reality that is referred to as 'he'.

No gender... Kappa...
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
I am the alpha and the omega and you will bow before my alpha self while suspecting and doubting my omega self.

Woo, also I am the masculine ruler of all reality that is referred to as 'he'.

No gender... Kappa...
In answer to RationalMadman's post, who has blocked me, for anyone interested:

Yet RationalMadman (RM) conflates the three verses that refer to God in such a manner as alpha and omega. What do the Greek words mean? They are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet, showing the supremacy of God in all things, showing that He is the beginning and end of all things, that all things owe their existence to Him. Show me this alpha male thing is a notion brought into the mix at the time of writing and not long after the fact. Go ahead. 

The three occurrences of the words alpha and omega:

1)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Here Jesus is explaining that He is the God of the OT, calling Himself the One who was, who is, and who is to come. 

The question to be asked here is who is coming? In the OT, God reveals Himself as the first and last, yet here the first and last are applied to Jesus.

Read the verse in its greater context.

Revelation 1:7-9 (NASB)
7 Behold, [1] He is coming with the clouds, and [2] every eye will see Him, even [2] those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. [a]So it is to be. Amen.
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who [
b]is to come, the Almighty.”
The Patmos Vision
9 I, John, your brother and fellow participant in the tribulation and kingdom and [
c]perseverance in Jesus, was on the island called Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus.

Do you, RationalMadman, know where this verse comes from in the OT and who it applies to? Do you know the significance of the phrase, 'coming in the clouds?' It references two verses in the OT. Who is the 'He' coming? Here are the OT verses referred to:

[1]
Daniel 7:12-14 (NASB)
12 As for the rest of the beasts, their dominion was taken away, but an extension of life was granted to them for an appointed period of time.
The Son of Man Presented
13 “I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a son of man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14 And to Him was given dominion,
Honor, and [a]a kingdom,
So that all the peoples, nations, and populations of all [b]languages
Might serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

Thus, the One who is coming is God the only begotten (not made) Son --> Jesus/Yeshua! Just as in Revelation 5, the Son is given dominion and a kingdom that will never perish.

[2] 
“And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and of pleading, so that they will look at Me whom they pierced; and they will mourn for Him, like one mourning for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

Who are those who pierced Him? Who handed Him over to be crucified? It was the house of Israel, the Jews? They handed their King over to be crucified, thus, "coming in the clouds of glory" signifies judgment. The prophets in the OT who kept warning the Jews to turn from false idols or else they would be judged pointed to Jesus coming in judgment. And how did He come in judgment? The same way the Father God always came in judgment, riding on the clouds of judgment. Clouds are symbolic of God's judgment. And how did God judge the nations when He came in judgment? He used other nations, just like Jesus used the Romans to judge His people. What is revealed in the OT is a typology of a greater truth. What is applied to God in the OT is applied to the Son (Jesus) in the NT. 

Luke 21:20-24 (NASB)
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then [a]recognize that her desolation is near. 21 Then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains, and those who are inside [b]the city must leave, and those who are in the country must not enter [c]the city; 22 because these are days of punishment, so that all things which have been written will be fulfilled. 23 Woe to those women who are pregnant, and to those who are nursing babies in those days; for there will be great distress upon the [d]land, and wrath to this people; 24 and they will fall by the edge of the sword, and will be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled underfoot by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.

The desolation of Jerusalem happened in AD 70.

2)

Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give water to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life, without cost.

Here Jesus is explaining that He is the beginning and the end of God's creation. He is able to give eternal life to those who come to Him, as prescribed by the Father. 

As applied to God, the first and only God and the last and only God, so it applies to Jesus -  thus God is being revealed in Revelation as Jesus. He receives the same worship as the Father.

In Daniel, we read of the heavenly kingdom and what is spoken of in Daniel 7 (and elsewhere in Daniel, ie., Daniel 12 as one example), especially verses 13-14 is spoken of in Revelation 5. It is the same revelation. What is sealed up in Daniel 12 until the end of the ages, is revealed in Revelation 5 to Israel in AD 70. 

Revelation 5 (NASB)
The Scroll with Seven Seals
I saw [a]in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a [b]scroll written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. 2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to break its seals?” 3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it. 4 Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 And one of the elders *said to me, “Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to be able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
6 And I saw [c]between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slaughtered, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are [d]the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth. 7 And He came and took the scroll out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. 8 When He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the [e]saints. 9 And they *sang a new song, saying,
“Worthy are You to take the scroll and to break its seals; for You were slaughtered, and You purchased people for God with Your blood from every tribe, language, people, and nation.
10 You have made them into a kingdom and priests to our God, and they will reign upon the earth.”
Angels Exalt the Lamb
11 Then I looked, and I heard the voices of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders; and the number of them was [f]myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, 12 saying with a loud voice,
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slaughtered to receive power, wealth, wisdom, might, honor, glory, and blessing.”
13 And I heard every created thing which is in heaven, or on the earth, or under the earth, or on the sea, and all the things in them, saying,
“To Him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing, the honor, the glory, and the dominion forever and ever.”
14 And the four living creatures were saying, “Amen.” And the elders fell down and worshiped.

So, the heavenly scene in Daniel 7:13-14 is again reiterated in Revelation 5, applying to Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. He is found worthy to break the seals and open them after His crucifixion when He appears in the heavenly kingdom. As in Daniel 7, in Revelation 5, the same glory and worship are given to the Son as given to the Father. And the rest of Revelation is the further opening of the seals in detail, and it is a revelation to the people of Israel in the 1st-century. What they had waited for all their lives, for centuries, comes to fruition in Jesus Christ, the Messiah.

3) 

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

Now the question of who is coming is revealed from Revelation 1:8.

Notice verse 6 

And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.
7 “And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is the one who [e]keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

12 “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to reward each one as his work [h]deserves. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.

He who is coming is the Lord Jesus Christ. He came in the judgment of Israel in AD 70, per Luke 21:20-24, as the OT promised would one day happen. 

In the OT, God said, 

Who has performed and accomplished it, Summoning the generations from the beginning? ‘I, the Lord, am the firstand with the last. I am He.’”

In the NT Jesus is the first and last spoken of as God in the OT. What is true of God the Father is true of God the Son.

“This is what the Lord says, He who is the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of armies: ‘I am the first and I am the lastAnd there is no God besides Me.

The verse here signifies that God is the only God, the first God and the last God, that there is no other God but Him. The same is true of the Son, who took on an additional nature, that of human (the Second or last Adam), to redeem humanity from the curse of Genesis 3. Jesus restores the union or fellowship lost in the Garden between humanity and God for all those who will believe. What is revealed in the OT as a physical reality, the Garden of Eden, the first human - Adam, is symbolic and typological of a greater truth, a spiritual truth taught in the NT. The NT takes from the OT history and makes known a greater truth. The physical comes first, then the spiritual truth the physical represents.

However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.

These are things the natural human overlooks because they have not been born again of the Spirit of God. 

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@PGA2.0
Where is it proven that Jesus is the one it's referring to and not God?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0

@ RationalMadman:

Revelation 1:8 says the One who was, who is, and who is to come is coming quickly, and soon, the time is near.

Thus, Revelation 1:8 reveals One who is coming. Who would that be? Revelation 22: 7, 12, 20 also speak of the ONE coming, and that is revealed as the Lord Jesus Christ (verse 20). So, the answer to who is coming, who is the Alpha and Omega, is that it is Jesus.

Notice, at the beginning of the Revelation, verse 1 (things which must soon take place), verse 3 (the time is near), verse 4 (John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is, and who was, and who [c]is to come), verse 7 (Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him), with Revelation 22:7 (“And behold, I am coming quickly), verse 12 (“Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to reward each one as his work [h]deserves. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”), and verse 20 (He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus). 

So, the Alpha and Omega, the ONE who is to come, the ONE who was pierced, is the One who is called the first and last, beginning and end, the Alpha and Omega of Revelation 22, the ONE who is coming soon, quickly, for the time is near when the Revelation was given to John, not 20 centuries later - QUICKLY.  The ONE in Revelation 1:8 was pierced by His people, the same One who is yet to come and comes in Revelation 22.
Stephen
Stephen
 the time is near.

As Janesix and myself keep insisting. Revelation is all about time. The end of the old age and the beginning of the new age. 
Stephen
Stephen
@RationalMadman,

You really do not have a clue as to what is going on in these scriptures do you.  It all concerns a power struggle between the old and the new.  This is nothing new in the history of mankind, the bible makes that clear as does many Mesopotamian epics written hundreds of thousands of years before the bible was even thought about.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Which age is ended and why is nothing new if you just said it's new?
Stephen
Stephen
@RationalMadman,

Read s-l-o-w-l-y  "  It all concerns a power struggle between the old and the new.  This is nothing new in the history of mankind.

i.e there have and always will be power struggles when the celestial clock moves from one house to another. The age of the fish is over.

The bible shows it has happened before and  so do the more ancient Mesopotamian epics. The Hebrews in the desert during exodus preferred their old god/s that they grew up with. They were sick of Moses barking orders, starving and walking for untold miles aimlessly with no clear destination and  they were sick of his god too, so they resorted to making an image of  their old god, a bull,  the Egyptian apis bull/calf while Moses had his back turned and this blasphemy  cost them over 60,000 lives .

If you have actually read the story of the exodus you will read the words "promised land" . Indeed promised is one thing,  receiving it was a different story altogether.   They had to fight the indigenous population for it in a bloody war costing the lives of everything and everyone occupying the " promised land2. they had to destroy those worshiping other gods and replace them with their own in a new age, the age of the Ram.

In revelation and other places in the NT scriptures Jesus was talking out the end of an age,  more like the Ram and the ushering in of the Fish. The bible makes it clear and often 

I have explained some of this to you already. As did Jaynesix. Yet you cannot even explain what it is that you are attempting to convey here on your own thread. Instead you start crying and stamping your feet when asked for some simply clarity. 

You insists that YOU  "don't owe your readers clarity" and expect us all to understand your clapuss  trappuss  concerning  "omega and alpha males" and Satan actually being a submissive dancing pixie from "the other end"

Your thread is nonsense  and made worse by your own lack of cooperation to engage anyone with clarity. All very irrational behavior for someone  calling themselves "Rational",  mad or not!

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0

PGA2.0, the "other" runaway from biblical axioms and direct posts to him,

YOU QUOTED THE FOLLOWING: "Revelation 1:8 says the One who was, who is, and who is to come is coming quickly, and soon, the time is near."

Barring the embarrassing FACT that you continue to run away from me as shown in this link: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5766-a-problem-for-the-ontological-argument?page=4&post_number=9,  and if you're not too SCARED again to actually discuss your Bible ignorance and stupidity, how much time regarding Jesus' return in using biblical axioms like "who is to come quickly, and soon, the time is near" do we just say, He's just not coming, period!  Thus far, it's been 2000 years plus, where Jesus' return was supposed to be within the time period of Jesus upon earth!  (Mark 30: 25-35).  

Regarding the above facts where Jesus has NOT returned "quickly," is Jesus therefore a false prophet, or did He just outright lie?  If you have the audacity to proffer a thousand years is a day to our serial killing Jesus, then I will Bible Slap you Silly®️ once again, understood Bible fool? Huh?

1. Instead of running away again, and again, and again, actually at least "try" to address my post herewith: 

2. Did Jesus LIE or did He become a false prophet because He has yet to return as biblically shown?

BEGIN

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Make better threads and stick to them then. You do realise saying 'there is nothing new in history' could mean many things, right?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherDThomas
 how much time regarding Jesus' return in using biblical axioms like "who is to come quickly, and soon, the time is near" do we just say, He's just not coming, period!  Thus far, it's been 2000 years plus, where Jesus' return was supposed to be within the time period of Jesus upon earth!  (Mark 30: 25-35).  

All correct as usual Brother. I did a thread on this very point not too long ago, titled, No Show here >. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5599-no-show

Maybe the words "  "who is to come quickly, and soon, the time is near" actual mean something else entirely, in ancient Greek?  maybe it means - ` I have no intention of returning to this shithole "y'all" call home, so don't wait up you clowns'? 
Stephen
Stephen
@ RationalMadman,

You do realise saying 'there is nothing new in history' could mean many things, right?

I didn't say there is nothing new in history. Go back and read what it is I actually wrote. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
That is definitely one way to read what you wrote, if what you meant is that nothing in history is something that hasn't happened in the past then yeah, duh?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Stephen
@ Stephen

how much time regarding Jesus' return in using biblical axioms like "who is to come quickly, and soon, the time is near" do we just say, He's just not coming, period!  Thus far, it's been 2000 years plus, where Jesus' return was supposed to be within the time period of Jesus upon earth!  (Mark 30: 25-35).  

All correct as usual Brother. I did a thread on this very point not too long ago, titled, No Show here >. https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/5599-no-show
All correct? What a laugh. The time reference passages in the Bible refer to an audience of address. Who is that primary audience? If you can't identify it from the text, what you do is collapse the context and make it a pretext to suit a foreign context, one you make up. 

Revelation 1:1-4; 7-8
The Revelation of Jesus Christ
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show to His bond-servants, the things which must soon take place; and He sent and [a]communicated it by His angel to His bond-servant John, 2 who testified to the word of God and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, everything that he saw. 3 Blessed is the one who reads, and those who hear the words of the prophecy and [b]keep the things which are written in it; for the time is near.
Message to the Seven Churches
John to the seven churches that are in Asia: Grace to you and peace from Him who is, and who was, and who [c]is to come, and from the [d]seven spirits who are before His throne,

7 Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him. [f]So it is to be. Amen.
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who [g]is to come, the Almighty.”

1) The Revelation is a revelation of Jesus Christ.
2) The communication is with John, a bond-servant. 
3) The message he writes is to seven churches in Asia. 
4) In verse 7, who does every eye apply to? It applies to those who pierced Him. Who are those who pierced Him? They are His own people, the house of Israel. Scripture tells us as much. 

Zechariah 12:10 (NASB)
10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem [a]the Spirit of grace and of pleading, so that they will look at Me whom they pierced; and they will mourn for Him, like one mourning for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

So John is speaking of the house of Israel, specifically the house of Judah, who pierced Him. 

John 19:31-32
31 So Pilate said to them, “Take Him yourselves, and judge Him according to your law.” The Jews said to him, “We are not [k]permitted to put anyone to death.” 32 This happened so that the word of Jesus which He said, indicating what kind of death He was going to die, would be fulfilled.

Who is the 'them' spoken of? What law is Pilate speaking of? 

John 19:19-24, 28
19 The high priest then questioned Jesus about His disciples, and about His teaching. 20 Jesus answered him, “I have spoken openly to the world; I always taught in [g]synagogues and in the temple area, where all the Jews congregate; and I said nothing in secret. 21 Why are you asking Me? Ask those who have heard what I spoke to them. Look: these people know what I said.” 22 But when He said this, one of the officers, who was standing nearby, struck Jesus, saying, “Is that the way You answer the high priest?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If I have spoken wrongly, testify of the wrong; but if rightly, why do you strike Me?” 24 So Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest...28 Then they *brought Jesus from Caiaphas into the [h]Praetorium...

Matthew 26:3
3 At that time the chief priests and the elders of the people were gathered together in the courtyard of the high priest named Caiaphas; 4 and they plotted together to arrest Jesus covertly and kill Him...
47 And while He was still speaking, behold, Judas, one of the twelve, came [s]accompanied by a large crowd with swords and clubswho came from the chief priests and elders of the people. 48 Now he who was betraying Him gave them a sign previously, saying, “Whomever I kiss, He is the one; arrest Him.”
57 Those who had arrested Jesus led Him away to Caiaphas, the high priest, where the scribes and the elders were gathered together.

11 Now Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor questioned Him, saying, “So You are the King of the Jews?” And Jesus said to him, “It is as you say.” 12 And while He was being accused by the chief priests and elders, He did not offer any answer. 13 Then Pilate *said to Him, “Do You not hear how many things they are testifying against You?” 14 And still He did not answer him in regard to even a single [e]charge, so the governor was greatly amazed...
17 So when the people gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release for you: Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?” 18 For he knew that it was because of envy that [g]they had handed Him over...
20 But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowds to ask for Barabbas, and to put Jesus to death. 21 And the governor [i]said to them, “Which of the two do you want me to release for you?” And they said, “Barabbas.” 22 Pilate *said to them, “Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?” They all *said, “[j]Crucify Him!” 23 But he said, “Why, what evil has He done?” Yet they kept shouting all the more, saying, “[k]Crucify Him!”
24 Now when Pilate saw that he was accomplishing nothing, but rather that a riot was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd, saying, “I am innocent of this Man’s blood; you yourselves shall see.” 25 And all the people replied, “His blood shall be on us and on our children!” 26 Then he released Barabbas [l]for them; but after having Jesus flogged, he handed Him over to be crucified.

As you can see, the 'them' and 'they' refers to the Jews, especially the religious leaders, who handed Jesus over to be crucified instead of Barabbas. Thus, once again, Scripture reveals who was guilty and instrumental of His death, and those who had Him pierced and treated a righteous/innocent Man as a criminal.

5) What does coming with or coming on/in the clouds reference in the OT? Do you know?
6) 'All the tribes of the earth/land' signify the twelve tribes of Israel. In fact, the whole of Revelation is concerned with a soon, quick coming judgment upon Israel. That fact can be demonstrated repeatedly throughout the Revelation. More passages reference or quote the OT than any other NT writing. What is more, Revelation is John's version of the Olivet Discourse. That, too, can be logically and reasonably demonstrated. Any other take/interpretation is weak in comparison.  
7) The ONE who is to come describes Himself as the Almighty. He uses the phrase alpha and omega about Himself; the same phrase used to describe Jesus in Revelation 22. What is more, Chapter 22 draws even more on Isaiah as a reference to the "first and last, the beginning and end."
8) 'The' (singular) signifies ONE. 

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

Then He said to me, “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give water to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life, without cost.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

8) a) How many first and lasts can there be? If you are first, are you also second, third, and fourth? If you are last, does that mean that others are behind you? 
8) b) The Alpha and Omega is applied to God in verse 1:8 (the Almighty). The Almighty is coming soon. The alpha and omega are applied to Jesus in Revelation 22:13.
8) c) The Alpha and Omega is the One who offers water to quench the soul. He is the living water that gives eternal life.
but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall never be thirsty; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up to eternal life.” 

Notice in Revelation, God gives the waters of everlasting life. In John 4:14, it is Jesus who gives the water. What is true of the Father (as God) is true of the Son (as God).  Over and over, we understand this in the NT writings. God gives Israel bread or manna from heaven in the OT. In the NT Jesus is the bread of heaven. What is applied to God the Father in the OT is applied to Jesus Christ in the NT. There is one Redeemer, the only Saviour, God in the OT; Jesus in the NT. I could list hundreds of examples that speak of God in the OT that speak of Jesus in the NT. Not only this, I could show you that most pages of the OT are a typology of the Lord Jesus Christ, a foreshadowing of what was to come, the spiritual and greater truth. Thus, the physical historic people, places and events of the OT are a foreshadow of a greater spiritual truth.  

BrotherD is ignorant of what Scripture teaches, nor will he debate me after several attempts I have made to make him own up to his charges against me. IOW's he is not willing to put up but maligns me with ad hominem and slander. This is the person you chose to side with, and say is correct, who can't justify what he says, who never sticks to a thorough exegesis of a passage but changes the subject. Thus, it is pointless engaging with him.   

I will address your posts on that thread you mentioned now that I am aware of it.

Maybe the words "  "who is to come quickly, and soon, the time is near" actual mean something else entirely, in ancient Greek?  maybe it means - ` I have no intention of returning to this shithole "y'all" call home, so don't wait up you clowns'? 
They are a plain narrative. As soon as you suggest that maybe they mean something other than what they say in a context, you create an eisegesis unless you can demonstrate and support such a claim from Scripture. Again, this shows the length people will go to make Scripture say something more than it conveys.  
Stephen
Stephen
@ RationalMadman,

That is definitely one way to read what you wrote,

Well such in the nature of the internet, you can read into it whatever you choose to. As you have done so concerning one single line of Revelation.

I am not the one that has read Revelation as suggesting god was calling himself an "Alpha male" or an  "Omega male"  or Satan "being the other end", when it describes nothing of the sort. 

Or have you forgotten your calamity of a question>>

#1  RationalMadman Wrote: 
How can God be both an alpha male and omega male?  

I don't understand what he means by that statement. Omega males are basically the very rebellious type who refuse to bow down before the Alpha male, in an overt manner that can at times get them punished, depending on personality clashes and agendas.

Scar in Lion King was a Sigma male while Mufasa was an obvious Alpha. However, a good example of what an Omega Male is, is actually Pumbaa (Timon is more of a beta male). If God is both the rebellious and the man in charge is it true to say God may be Satan himself?

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Yes and you read me asking you to leave me alone as an invitation to keep badgering me. It's no problem, I'll just do the same to your threads, had enough of your shit.

You have quite simply contributed jack shit to this actual thread's conversation, all you've done is tell me you don't like it. I told you to make your own thread and post there if you can make better, yet you come back again and again like a moth to a flame.

Stephen
Stephen
@ RationalMadman,

You have quite simply contributed jack shit to this actual thread's conversation

I wouldn't agree. I explained the flaw in your question, where as you contributed absolutely nothing of your own on your own thread when asked for simply clarity.

and you read me asking you to leave me alone as an invitation to keep badgering me

I haven't read that at all,  but I will leave your thread now you have asked me to.

Just remember not to post on my threads or direct any of your questions directly  to me on your own threads from this point on. I have a right to respond if you do so. 
Bye now.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@janesix
alrighty
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@RationalMadman