Masks are creating sociopaths

Author: Wylted

Total: 18
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
facial expressions are vital at helping the development of children. Watch this video documenting a study on parental facial expressions and then try to tell me there is no negative effects from wearing masks all the time https://youtu.be/apzXGEbZht0
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
Let's agree that parents need not wear masks at home and that home is the safest place for families to be during the pandemic. 

Let's also agree that the duration of mask wearing is  almost entirely in the hands of the antivaxxers for whose benefit such recommendations have returned.

The Journal of Neonatal Nursing recommends:

Babies
  • • Talk to the baby through the mask.
  • •Try to keep mask wearing to a minimum.
  • •When not wearing a mask, maximize the facial interaction between mother / father / caregiver and baby.
  • •Find and implement alternative ways to communicate and connect during mask wearing- for example; mothers should be provided with clear face masks or clear face shields to ensure that bonding and attachment are not disrupted, and the baby’s attempts to learn to read faces are not thwarted.
  • •For long-term babies in the neonatal unit (such as those who require complex surgical procedures), and for those babies whose family does not visit regularly, clear face masks would be recommended for a team of nurses caring for these babies. It is understood that these masks are more expensive than the regular masks worn by staff, therefore there will be an attempt to limit their use.
Infants and children
  • •As above, plus … …
  • •Let children see the mask and then put it on the face. Explain to children that the mask will be worn while outside which helps them anticipate.
  • •Play peek-a-boo with the mask on and then away, revealing a smile so that they know the parent is still smiling under the mask.
  • •Help the child learn from looking at the eyes and eyebrows to understand the expression and feeling.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Let's also agree that the duration of mask wearing is  almost entirely in the hands of the antivaxxers for whose benefit such recommendations have returned.
Why do I give a shit what anti vaxxers do? Let them die, I am vaccinated, doesn't effect me, their body their choice.

The Journal of Neonatal Nursing recommends
Looks like they are trying to mitigate the damage done by mask wearing, instead of entirely eliminating damage.

Would you agree that zero harm done to babies is better than some harm done to babies?
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
This explains so much about Batman and Robin!
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
->@oromagi
Why do I give a shit what anti vaxxers do? Let them die, I am vaccinated, doesn't effect me, their body their choice.

That's a whole lot of screeching about fake harms of vaccines right up until last week. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
cross thread contamination and dodging the question. I would be remiss not to point out that none of that contradicts the stance I have given in this thread though
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
none of that contradicts the stance I have given in this thread though
Sure it does.

We have established that your medical opinion is not rooted in research or reason.  Your opinion is given to you by right-wing disinformation sites like Fox News.  Fox News changed its editorial mind about vaccines last week after figuring out they were killing their viewership en masse.  Fox switched from anti-vax to anti-mask.   Therefore, your mind is likewise changed.  When Fox News decides next week that masks are okay then you will likewise change your mind to match.  If we want your opinion on something, why aren't we better off just watching Tucker Carlson?

Would you agree that zero harm done to babies is better than some harm done to babies?
Yes.  The harms done to babies by exposure to deadly new diseases like coronavirus far outweighs the harms done to children when Mom wears a mask during walks outside.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Yes.  The harms done to babies by exposure to deadly new diseases like coronavirus far outweighs the harms done to children when Mom wears a mask during walks outside.

That age range has virtually no deaths associated with coronavirus, while nearly every child is effected by developmental issues if every mother started wearing masks 24/7, not to mention the anxiety issues caused by mass panic. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
-->@oromagi

That age range has virtually no deaths associated with coronavirus,
Of the 43 US states that report COVID numbers to the CDC, 403 infants under 1 yrs old have died from COVID-19 since Jan 4th.  Children under 4 represent 1.4% of current hospitalizations and that number is sharply increasing right now as a result of the Delta mutation.  Long term consequences of infection are fuzzy but significant -early data suggests a 1.4 year reduction in life expectancy across all people who were infected with the virus.

while nearly every child is effected by developmental issues if every mother started wearing masks 24/7, not to mention the anxiety issues caused by mass panic. 
since there is zero chance of every mother wearing masks 24/7.  In fact, there's not really much reason for parents to be outside with infants for extended periods of time- travel and walks around the block, mostly.  Mass panic can be neatly avoided by turning off Tucker Carlson and ignoring over-the-top hysterical headlines like "Masks are Creating Sociopaths."
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
is it good if no bad things happen to babies or some bad things?
Wylted
Wylted
it is sick liberals struggle to answer that
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted
-->@oromagi
is it good if no bad things happen to babies or some bad things?
Why would you continue to falsely argue that coronavirus is no bad thing?
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
this thread is about the effects of masks on babies. 
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Wylted

-->@oromagi
this thread is about the effects of masks on babies. 
And yet you have failed to produce a single sociopathic baby to support your melodramatic claim.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
No just studies showing that facial expressions play a key role in the development of children and psychological theories showing that sociopaths is usually created from ignoring the needs of children. 

We will have to wait 20 years to test how many adults have sociopathic tendencies before we can be certain, and even than there might be competing variables. However any intelligent person knows that babies are being effected by what is going on now. 
oromagi
oromagi
We will have to wait 20 years to test how many adults have sociopathic tendencies before we can be certain,
Why?  There are plenty of cultures where mothers cover their faces to a far greater degree than CDC recommendations- Muslims, Coptic Christians, etc.  If your theory has any validity you should be able to establish increased sociopathy related to covered-face cultures right now.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@oromagi
Why?  There are plenty of cultures where mothers cover their faces to a far greater degree than CDC recommendations- Muslims, Coptic Christians, etc.  If your theory has any validity you should be able to establish increased sociopathy related to covered-face cultures right now.
I will see what I can find when I get off

Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Wylted
jesus you don't slow down do ya?