Pinned
Posts in total: 7
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    Debates: 6
    Forum posts: 5,659
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman

The above link is a mega list of mafia roles. I have culled it from external resources such as Mafia Scum, EpicMafia, as well as some roles of my own design. I have tweaked and normalized them for use here, on DART.

It contains common names for roles, sample Role PMs, notes on implementation, and sample messages the role might generate.

My intention with the list was to have as many roles as feasible while keeping things uniform, consistent, and transparent, eliminating confusion about how roles work, scum hunting based on PM structure, etc.

That said, this is not canonical. It's just information I came up with. Mods are free to use, ignore, or modify for their own games as they see fit. As always, check with your mod about how the mechanics work for any individual game.

I will use this thread as a sort of change log as the list is modified.

• drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    --> @David @Ragnar @Speedrace
    Can I have this thread stickied, por flavor?
  • Speedrace
    Speedrace avatar
    Debates: 63
    Forum posts: 6,154
    Speedrace avatar
    Speedrace
    --> @drafterman
    Done
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    Update Coming
    New Mechanic - Items! Already in the game (sorta) through the use of the key maker, but this will be expanded to include guns, knives, vests, etc. which some roles will start with, others can make and hand out, and other interactions. The items will be:

Guns - A player with a gun has a 1-shot day kill. Depending on role the gun may always, never, or randomly reveal the user.
    Knives - A player with a knife has a 1-shot day kill. However, the death is delayed until the beginning of the next DP (meaning they get to act during the following night phase). Reveals like a gun.
    Vest - A player with a vest has a 1-shot bulletproof. They will be notified when the vest is used up.
    Candle - A player that uses a candle can, for the following NP, see everyone that visits them.

New Roles
    President - Each towns person is privately notified of who the President is. If the President dies, the town automatically loses.
    Invisible Man - Can eavesdrop on other players during the night. If that player is part of a group chat (i.e. mafia, masons, cult, etc.) they will receive an anonymized transcript of it from that night.
    Party Host - Allows the DP to remain open during the NP for chat among the players.
    Gossiper - Visits a player and will give them a random piece of information about actions taken that night or about players
    Gallis - A player that is immune to lynch if they have a majority vote, but will be lynched if there is a minority vote
    Soldier - Causes town to auto-win if they are the last living town member
    Bride - Can propose to another player. If that player accepts, both the bride and that player's roles will be mod confirmed.
    Seer - Knows who the mafia are, but if the mafia guess who the seer is, the town loses
    Sheriff/Sniper - Town/Maf role that starts with 1 gun.
    Cutler/Slasher - Town/Maf role that can give out knives
    Gunsmith - Role that gives out guns
    Blacksmith - Role that gives out vests
    Chandler - Role that gives out candles
    Avenger - If they successfully predict that someone will die during the night, they receive a gun (to "avenge" their death)
    Forager - If not visited during the night, receives a random item.
    Saboteur - Visits a player and sabotages an item they have (at random if more than one). Sabotaged guns backfire, killing the owner when used. All other items simply do nothing. Players do not know if their items are sabotaged.
    Mechanic - Can visit players and will fix any sabotaged items.
    Snoop - Can visit a player and see if they have any items.
    Thief - Can visit a player and steal an item if they have one.
    Graverobber - Can visit a dead player and steal an item if there is one.
    Santa - Can visit another player. If that player is "Nice" (innocent to a sane cop), can give them an item of the Santa's choice. If Santa is visited, the Santa "hides" and doesn't make his visit.

Modified Roles
    Bulletproof - If 1-shot, counts as having a vest that can be sabotaged or stolen.
  • drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    The changes above have been made along with the following:

Mechanics
    Agent/Spy - now notified if appropriate roles appear/disappear due to conversions

Modifier Roles
    Bleeder - added condition for being day killed
    PGO/Granny - cannot die except by lynching

Role Clarifications
    Oracle - Role reveal pierces any obfuscation. All hidden flavors and sanities are revealed.
    Bleeder - Added note about how bleeder reacts to being killed while already dying
    Celebrity/Innocent Child - The publicly revealed role will not "update" as a result of a conversion. E.g. if the celebrity is culted or masoned, they will still "appear" as celebrity. This can be pierced by oracle death if they target the celebrity.
    Yakuza - Yak recruitment happens even if Yak death is prevented

14 days later

• drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    Added New Role:
    REINCARNATER - When killed (except by lynching) returns to life a phase later.

31 days later

• drafterman
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman avatar
    drafterman
    Added New Roles:
    ASSISTANT - 3rd Party paired up with another 3rd Party. Only wins if the other 3rd Party role wins.
    RIVAL - 3rd Party that only wins if a specific other player loses.