Author: Speedrace

Read-only
Total: 646
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Nothing in your posts changes my mind with skittlez. However, drafter is now a slight scum versus a town lean. 
Not really much I can say in skittlez defense other than there is usually millers and this feels like a free mislynch. 

I was just asking you if you still read him as scum because your post when you got back just mentioned drafter and oro, and you were pretty hard on skittlez earlier, so was wondering why that read dropped.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@skittlez09
Here's an example of you using WIFOM to try to analyze the game. 
i didnt even know what WIFOM was until u mentioned it here 
Incorrect. I never mentioned WIFOM. It was someone else talking WIFOM

i was just saying what i thought i needed to say to prove my innocence 

sorry but i just dont know what to tell ya u either believe me or u dont 
WIFOM is scummy. This is a very basic defense for WIFOM claims

There is no way that you looked at the Wiki for that short of time unless someone pasted a link to you, and even so, why look at the wiki for your own role?

I was looking at the wiki cuz i was confused of the role an how i should play it cuz normally i claim first thing 
A Wiki doesn't tell you how the role is played LMAO. And even so, why look at the Wiki, a place anyone can look online

the wiki said to claim early an its reasoning made sense so thats what i did 
You said your defense was "cmon bro I've been early claiming, that's my meta."

. I've never seen you reference a Wiki in my life
First time for everything i guess 
If you haven't done it since, I have no reason to believe you'd do it now

Thoughts: If this a new attempt at trying to be better at mafia, hats off, but I can't believe it. I don't believe after 1 game you can change your playstyle so much
all ive been doing is trying to be more active an think about what i say before i say it 
Yea, but this is such a sudden twist of behavior

call it lies but its the real deal g 
Well I have no way of knowing unless you're lynched

Lurking is inherently sus, and you lurking will do nothing
aint tryna lurk im just outside alot during the day 

You were mildly lurking
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
No, it's still a scum read. And it wasn't a hard read, it was a read that warranted enough to lynch in DP1. Usually after I have an idea of lynch, I look to see other players reactions as well
Vader
Vader
-->
@skittlez09
Ignore the how to play role lmao. I realized the miller does
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
Alright.  A quick post before I go to bed.

With respect to the Oromagi scumreads.... I agree with Sir that the foundations of the argument against Oro are flimsy. I think for any mafia team with more than 3 braincells between them, they would be able to see the value in either killing the lovers or waiting to make us mislynch. It's just the nature of the roles: town will expect them to be the first to go. Best to acknowledge this to prevent us from being played like violins if they do try the gambit. 

As for this Drafterman vs. Lunatic crap.... 

I also concur with Sir:
@Lunatic
You're right.

@drafterman
And you are right also.

Drafterman is right that there can be diminishing returns with a lengthy day phase, but Lunatic is ALSO right: it depends solely on how you use it. 

The reasonable middle position here is that if people are tunneling onto eachother (cough cough, Lunatic and Drafterman were approaching this territory, cough cough)  and just jumping on randomized wagons left and right (looking at you, Drafterman... you've been getting pretty wagoney), there are diminishing returns and either a no lynch or an educated guess lynch is in order.

Otherwise, KEEP IT GOING!

In this case? I think by pushing a sudden end to the day phase, Drafterman is actually helping to turn the day phase unproductive, either intentionally or inadvertently. It's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. The thing is, because this is happening I'm actually starting to agree with him... which is strange. 

On the other hand, Lunatic is holding onto the hope that we can still squeeze out better results this day phase. I agree there is the possibility, but looks like D-man isn't budging on this one.

So as unfortunate as it sounds I kind of agree that we should wrap this up soon. The question then becomes: Skittlez lynch or No lynch? I've made my opinion clear before, but Drafterman is swaying me to be willing to vote Skittlez should it be the popular option. Thoughts?

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@MisterChris
The question then becomes: Skittlez lynch or No lynch? I've made my opinion clear before, but Drafterman is swaying me to be willing to vote Skittlez should it be the popular option. Thoughts?
I don't think I could be pursuaded to lynch skittlez because the miller claim. The only argument that is even semi convincing is the argument that his description doesnt make a lot of sense but we made that same argument against speed in Naruto mafia and he flipped town so I'm hesitant to go down that road again. While I won't be joining the lynch and would prefer a no lynch, I can say that skittlez isn't the worst possible lynch outcome under the mindset that we must lynch this day phase because he won't be the most help in a Lylo or mylo situation where activity is needed. Id be keen to pressure one of the remaining 5 players under better circumstances but we have limited POE pretty decently with the lover claim.

I won't shed any tears or call anyone an idiot for lynching skittlez, but at the same time I feel like it's gonna be a mislynch because there is basically always a miller in games these days. Fake claiming a miller is suicidal. I tried to do it myself and was CCed instantly not long ago. Managed to survive by the grace of gods but was scum read the whole game. Also skittlez claiming early is in line with what hes done as town in the last few games.
That's my two cents on the skittlez issue.

MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic

I would rather no lynch over mislynch, just because of the peril we are in over the LOVER situation. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@Lunatic
Ironically, if Drafterman would drop the whole "this day phase has become stupid and redundant" thing, we may actually be able to squeeze out some better scum reads.

Because of that, I continue to have D-man as a light scumread for now. 
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
me too, I'm still in the no lynch camp.

VTNL
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Vote Count

skittlez09 SupaDudz , drafterman (2/5)
VTNL skittlez09, MisterChris, oromagi (3/5)

Lunatic
Lunatic
VTNL

If you guys want to play the day phase out longer and discuss things, let me know, I'll happily unvote.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Vote Count

VTNL skittlez09, MisterChris, oromagi, Lunatic (4/5)

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Making sure this is on the final page for easy access (plus adding Lunatic's read list)...

TOWN                         Claim                                        Role          DP1
3. oromagi                 .                                                    .                  #269
1. skittlez09               Savitar   [1#7]                          MILLER
4. SupaDudz             Martin Stein [1#117]             LOVER     #132
5. Intelligence_06   Ronnie Raymond [1#117]   LOVER
9. Ragnar                    .                                                    .                  #113
8. SirAnonymous    .                                                    .                  #157
6. Lunatic                   .                                                    .                  #477
7. MisterChris           .                                                      .                #257 #342
2. drafterman           .                                                      .                #165
SCUM
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
I started watching Flash@Netflix but for some reason I don't expect to like it.
Barney
Barney
-->
@oromagi
If the first episode doesn't appeal to you, just stop...

That said, each of those shows has a different feel. So if Flash is too easygoing and hopeful, there's Arrow which is so much brooding and usually pointless fights. Legends of Tomorrow is my favorite, as they're able to juggle everything in such a fun way.
Barney
Barney
Ok, dredging up the dead horse for another beating...

There is one benefit I forgot about to a lynch, that is information it gives us based on the flip. Without it, we have a single nightlight from whomever Mafia kill tonight; a second small light isn't much, but it's preferable to nothing.

While not a strong suspicion, the worry that Skittlez and Lunatic or Skittlez and MisterChris could be a team, seems worth ruling out.

Plus, he could be a third party serial killer claiming Miller as a cover (which would fit with his role justification of killing people...).

Of course, I'm flexible. We could also end the day in a no lynch (if doing this, I don't think we should wait for the countdown; I'll happily hammer it, I would just like one more short review on why or why not lynching Skittlez).

VTL Skittlez
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Barney
 I would just like one more short review on why or why not lynching Skittlez

While not a strong suspicion, the worry that Skittlez and Lunatic or Skittlez and MisterChris could be a team, seems worth ruling out.
Why is this a worry lol
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Lunatic
sorry about that i was busy most of the day 

so far im almost caught up an ill give my current reads sometime tonight 
Barney
Barney
-->
@Lunatic
Defense of him, and if a team either of you are smart enough to suggest the gambit to him.
Barney
Barney
-->
@skittlez09
Glad I did not just switch a VNTL, as time is needed for that.

Anyway, flip flopping so much it must be driving Speed insane...

Unvote.
Barney
Barney
TOWN                         Claim                                        Role          DP1
3. oromagi                 .                                                    .                  #269
1. skittlez09               Savitar   [1#7]                          MILLER
4. SupaDudz             Martin Stein [1#117]             LOVER     #132
5. Intelligence_06   Ronnie Raymond [1#117]   LOVER
9. Ragnar                    .                                                    .                  #113
8. SirAnonymous    .                                                    .                  #157
6. Lunatic                   .                                                    .                  #477
7. MisterChris           .                                                      .                #257 #342
2. drafterman           .                                                      .                #165
SCUM

Vote Count #492
VTNL skittlez09, MisterChris, oromagi, Lunatic (4/5)

Goodnight everyone.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Barney
Defense of him, and if a team either of you are smart enough to suggest the gambit to him.
It seems a bit of a stretch to want to lynch someone on the suspicion that someone else is blatantly buddying him lol. Also kind of makes defending him redudant if my efforts to do so just result in him getting lynched anyway
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Why is Lunatic rushing for a NL? We have 2 more days to squeeze water out of this stone.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Remember, Lunatic is actually against NLing and would rather the Day Phase time out:

So why the VTNL?

This is inconsistent.

VTL Lunatic

MisterChris
MisterChris
Why is Lunatic rushing for a NL? We have 2 more days to squeeze water out of this stone.

I... what? You just spent like 5 pages arguing for ending it early and now when he decides to give in finally you are SUSPICIOUS?
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@drafterman
It probably had to do with the fact I've grown to agree with you on ending the phase.

He just gave in. I don't think that's evidence of him being scum LOL. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
Lunatic's advocated for DP1 vtnl's in the past when he doesn't have any strong scum reads. I get your point, but I don't find it very convincing in the light of his past behavior.
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@SirAnonymous
Plus, if he were scum he could VERRRY easily advocate for a Skittlez lynch. 
MisterChris
MisterChris
-->
@SirAnonymous
Unless, of course, he were on a team with him. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@MisterChris
That's certainly true.