Why Don’t We See Religious People Debating in the Science and Nature Forum?

Author: Reece101

Total: 40
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
Doesn’t apologetics get tiring? 
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@Reece101
I don't know about the forums, but there have been plenty YEC debates on the site regarding those topics. Really, the meat of religion is history and theology though. 
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Reece101
Because the religious tend to stick to the Religion forum, because that's where our friends and enemies hang out. It's really just logistics.

10 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Reece101
People have their preferences I imagine.
Philosophy forum tends to have it's same band, politics forum same band.
Theweakeredge
Debates: 33
Theweakeredge
-->
@Lemming
I go from forum to forum, people have multiple interest
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@Theweakeredge
'Some people have multiple interests, yeah.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Reece101
Doesn’t apologetics get tiring? 
It goes to the heart of the issue, worldview bias and life's ultimate questions. Origins are not something humanity was there to witness. We bring our worldview baggage to the table. We start by constructing our worldviews on core principles or presuppositions. Jesus put it this way:

Matthew 7:24-29 (NASB)
The Two Foundations
24 “Therefore, everyone who hears these words of Mine, and [a]acts on them, will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell and the [b]floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of Mine, and does not [c]act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell and the [d]floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and its collapse was great.”
28 [e]When Jesus had finished these words, the crowds were amazed at His teaching; 29 for He was teaching them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

The heart of the Scriptures is not a science book but to provide ultimate purpose and meaning to our existence by revealing God to humanity. You start either with God or some form of naturalism. False gods are really no gods at all but human constructs, per the biblical teaching. 
rosends
Debates: 0
rosends
-->
@Reece101
maybe because I don't have the position that either science or nature is inherently wrong, or doesn't exist a a valid construct.
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0
@Reece101

Reece101,

YES, pseudo-christians within this forum hide behind apologetics all the time, whereas what my serial killer Jesus said once in His literal word, He didn't mean for others to take it in a myriad of different interpretations, and that is why Satanically there are hundreds upon hundreds of "different" Bibles and "divisions" of Christianity, where ALL of them cannot be correct at the same time, period!

Case in point with the Bible inept pseudo-christian PGA2.0, of which I have easily Bible Slapped Silly®️ many times over the years,  in his post #7 where he says that the JUDEO-Christian Bible is not a science book, where he is wrong once again because it is a science book, in part, by showing that the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth and that the earth has four corners, as only a few examples of science being within the scriptures.  

PGA2.0's other example of the Bible is to reveal our Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost God to humanity, but in doing so to the full extent, this shows Him as being a brutal serial killer, abortionist, homophobic, racist, and the disturbing list goes on and on!  As a TRUE Christian I have to accept these biblical axioms, whereas the apologetics of pseudo-christians like PGA2.0 turn themselves into Satanic pretzels in trying in vain to discount these facts.

Apologetic pseudo-christians like PGA2.0 are always guilty of this Jesus inspired passage: “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” (2 Timothy 4:3)

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@PGA2.0
You start either with God or some form of naturalism.
God/Universe = "naturalism" as does human ego that can search for truth based on rational, logical common sense, or allow their ego to promote  irrational, illogical nonsense and in disregards to those consequences.

Consequences are both and good and bad, however, the latter that takes us further from rational, logical common sense based truths is more often detrimental than  benefiical in long term.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ebuc
You start either with God or some form of naturalism.
God/Universe = "naturalism" as does human ego that can search for truth based on rational, logical common sense, or allow their ego to promote  irrational, illogical nonsense and in disregards to those consequences.
1. God/universe? Are you equating God and the universe as interchangeable/synonymous?

2. Yes, human ego! To think that finite, limited humans knowledge knows exactly how origins happened by using their common sense! How does that go again?

Consequences are both and good and bad, however, the latter that takes us further from rational, logical common sense based truths is more often detrimental than  benefiical in long term.
How is that?
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@PGA2.0
1. God/universe? Are you equating God and the universe as interchangeable/synonymous?
PGA, when you actually learn to begin your knowledge base with the most comprehensive { greatest } wholistic set, then you are with " G "od/" U "niverse and yes those two are synonyms as they are all inclusive.

This here LINK { Cosmic Trinary Outline } is where yuo need to begin with the primary set of truths with that set all others reside as based on rational, logical common sense truths.

The words in the Bible are not any more the words of God/Universe, than my words above, or any words anyone writes.  They are all a subcatagory of the greater set of " A "ll that exists..  Do you understand? No? I dont think you do.

Place you ego to side to find truth. Can you do that? No?  I dont think you can.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@BrotherDThomas
YES, pseudo-christians within this forum hide behind apologetics all the time, whereas what my serial killer Jesus said once in His literal word, He didn't mean for others to take it in a myriad of different interpretations, and that is why Satanically there are hundreds upon hundreds of "different" Bibles and "divisions" of Christianity, where ALL of them cannot be correct at the same time, period!

Case in point with the Bible inept pseudo-christian PGA2.0, of which I have easily Bible Slapped Silly®️ many times over the years,  in his post #7 where he says that the JUDEO-Christian Bible is not a science book, where he is wrong once again because it is a science book, in part, by showing that the earth is flat, the sun revolves around the earth and that the earth has four corners, as only a few examples of science being within the scriptures.  

PGA2.0's other example of the Bible is to reveal our Yahweh/Jesus/Ghost God to humanity, but in doing so to the full extent, this shows Him as being a brutal serial killer, abortionist, homophobic, racist, and the disturbing list goes on and on!  As a TRUE Christian I have to accept these biblical axioms, whereas the apologetics of pseudo-christians like PGA2.0 turn themselves into Satanic pretzels in trying in vain to discount these facts.

Apologetic pseudo-christians like PGA2.0 are always guilty of this Jesus inspired passage: “For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.” (2 Timothy 4:3)
Be glad to formally debate you on your interpretations of the Bible. Brother D, would you consider putting your money where your mouth is and accept a debate challenge on my interpretation as opposed to yours, or just stumble on? I have little constructive criticism on your eisegetical interpretation of Scripture and don't want to use my time further on such endeavours as your posts. 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ebuc
PGA, when you actually learn to begin your knowledge base with the most comprehensive { greatest } wholistic set, then you are with " G "od/" U "niverse and yes those two are synonyms as they are all inclusive.
Oh, wow, thanks for the advice! That will solve everything.

The Christian/biblical God is not synonymous with the Universe. The Universe owes its existence to Him; thus, He is before it. The Christian God is a personal being. The Universe is not a personal being.

A lesson in the laws of logic.
1. The logic of identity --> A = A. A thing is what it is. A thing is not something it is not. God is God. (The Universe is a creation by God, not God. God is eternal. The Universe (space, matter, time) has a beginning). 

2. The logic of contradiction --> A =/= non-A. Two contrary statements cannot both be true at the same time and in the same manner. God is the universe, or God is not the Universe are mutually exclusive statements. They both cannot be true. 

3. The law of excluded middles --> Either A or non-A. There is a God, or there is no God. There cannot be a God and not be a God. Either one or the other is true. The Christian God is God. That is either true, or it is not. It can't be both true and false. 

This here LINK { Cosmic Trinary Outline } is where yuo need to begin with the primary set of truths with that set all others reside as based on rational, logical common sense truths.
How about you explain what you want me to glean. How did you choose your primary set of truths? What does a cosmic trinary have to do with the triune God?

The words in the Bible are not any more the words of God/Universe, than my words above, or any words anyone writes.  They are all a subcatagory of the greater set of " A "ll that exists..  Do you understand? No? I dont think you do.
Why would God be the subcategory or subset of any set? He is the greatest of which no greater can be thought of. He is why anything physical exists, including why some mathematical concepts are possible to demonstrate in the physical realm via symbols (1, 2, 3,...). The number "one/1" is a concept represented by a symbol related to a physical unit of some kind (one car, one dog).

But you are right; I don't understand what you're getting at. I don't see the relationship or relatedness of your mumbo jumbo. For instance:

>>>>>>>>>>>> Past >>>>>>>>>>>>> Arrow-of-Time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Future >>>>>>>>> 

..............................................................Space( * ) i ( *  )Space.................................................................. [What does this mean?]

<<<<< Resultant{s} { Past } <<<<<<<<< Effect { now } <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Cause { Future } <<<<<<<< 

Causality flow: Cause --> Effect. The cause would be before or create the effect (future).

How does this tie in with the rest: 

"She loves me; she loves me not. She loves me, and now we have a third { progeny } to love, or, not to love." 

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
Don't forget these important equations:

8=D + (_!_) = 8====D~~~~~ 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@PGA2.0
Oh, wow, thanks for the advice! That will solve everything.
1} My guess is, that is the last rational, logical common sense comment you will make in this post.

The Christian/biblical God is not synonymous with the Universe. The Universe owes its existence to Him; thus, He is before it. The Christian God is a personal being. The Universe is not a personal being.
2} Ditto my above.  More irrational, illogical lack of common sense based writings of God, as all writings by humans. 
I presented Gods writings that are primary truths.  You ego keeps you clueless to the those primary truths top of heirarchy of what exists.

A lesson in the laws of logic.
1. The logic of identity --> A = A. A thing is what it is. A thing is not something it is not. God is God. (The Universe is a creation by God, not God. God is eternal. The Universe (space, matter, time) has a beginning). 
3} This is first  error exposing  ego is the basis for all of you irrational, illogical lack of common sense truths and that is  you did not quote  any of the primary set I gave you post #12.  Ego is running your show . Sad :--(

How about you explain what you want me to glean. How did you choose your primary set of truths? What does a cosmic trinary have to do with the triune God?
4} I might if your ego was not constantly in the way as I made clear in #3 above and post #12.  You need to go back and address what I state, and not keep repeating your irrational, illogical lack of common sense and truth.

Why would God be the subcategory or subset of any set?
Did I state that?  Where.  Again, your ego is running your show. Your ego does not care one iota of anything Ive presented to you.  Back to my post #12 and until you get your head on straight. Sad :--(

He is the greatest....
 Back to post #12 where I made clear the identity and the top of it " A "ll and you ignore, because your ego has no interest in primary cosmic truths.

But you are right; I don't understand what you're getting at. I don't see the relationship or relatedness of your mumbo jumbo. For instance:
The only mumbo-jumbo is what your ego keeps repeating as it ignores the primary set of existence " A 'll that exists.  Sorry PGA, yo ureall are clueless individual, because of your ego

How does this tie in with the rest: 
Yo need to go back to beginng of post #12 and get it all correct from the start before I can address the latter truths.

Do you understand this latter statement above? No?  I dont think so because your ego creates a blind spot to primary cosmic truths of " A "ll that exists.

The only spiritual you interested in, is your ego based irrational, illogical lack of common sense. Sad :--(

Conway
Conway
-->
@Reece101
           Mildly interesting - Thoughtful OP and feedback
           That's nice
           None of my business
           I'm over it.
           Huh...
           I don't think about them at all.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@ludofl3x
Don't forget these important equations:

8=D + (_!_) = 8====D~~~~~ 
Precisely!
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Reece101
What are "Religious People"?

How do they actually differ from people, apart from slight variations in data processing and output.

OCD is a mental health issue, and shouldn't be confused with general interest.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0

PGA2.0, the "other" runaway from biblical axioms and direct posts to him,

YOUR EVER SO WAVERING AND SCARED QUOTE IN POST #7:  "Be glad to formally debate you on your interpretations of the Bible. Brother D, would you consider putting your money where your mouth is and accept a debate challenge on my interpretation as opposed to yours, or just stumble on? I have little constructive criticism on your eisegetical interpretation of Scripture and don't want to use my time further on such endeavours as your posts." 

As shown in your wavering quote above, the ONLY one who is "Stumbling" is you because of the FACT that you want to allegedly debate me, but yet you counter that by using your little boy incoherent syntax in saying " .... and don't want to use my time further on such endeavors as your posts."  H-E-L-L-O, anybody home today? LOL! How flustered can you get in front of the membership? Priceless!

First thing, explain yourself fully with at least a 4th grade level so I am able to almost understand you, spell "eisegetical and endeavours" correctly, and why should I take my time with your Bible ignorance again when you always RUNAWAY from my posts to you, an example being this one of many embarrassing posts to you where you NEVER responded, but to only RUN AWAY from it: https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/4329-the-free-will-omniscience-dilemma?page=1&post_number=19

I have Bible Slapped you Silly®️ so many times within this forum, where subsequently you go into hiding from me to lick your wounds, whereas the following video is so revealing and defines your overall presence within this esteemed forum!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI7ni7zL8qU

NEXT BIBLE INEPT PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN THAT DOES NOT RUNAWAY FROM MY POSTS TO THEM LIKE PGA2.0 DOES WILL BE ....?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0
@fauxlaw

PGA2.0, vying to be the number 1 RUNAWAY from biblical discussion and taking this position away from fauxlaw,

Within the following links, that are embarrassingly growing in numbers for you like FAUXLAW’s did under the same circumstances, show that you continue to RUN AWAY from the fact that you challenged me on discussing interpretation of the JUDEO-Christian Bible, and where I accepted the challenge under specific requirements so as not to waste my time!

PGA2.0, YOUR CHALLENGE POST TO ME WITHIN THIS THREAD:

PGA2.0, MY ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHALLENGE POSTS THAT YOU CONTINUE TO RUN AWAY FROM!!!

PGA2.0, unfortunately you obviously went to FAUXLAW’S pseudo-christian school of “How to run away from biblical discussion that you cannot address, and to “try” and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath.”  In prayer with Jesus last night, He told me that you will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER live down your outright runaway status from biblical discussion within this forum, especially when you challenged me, and then RAN AWAY when I accepted the challenge! LOL!

TO THE MEMBERSHIP:  When dealing with the runaway from religious discussion PGA2.0, remember that when the kitchen gets too hot for him, he will runaway from the topic of discussion and remain silent in not hearing from him again like he has sheepishly done to me, and you've wasted your time, other than in showing PGA2.0 as being the continued namby-pamby runaway!  What does this say about his faith?  He has NONE when he cannot defend it like Jesus says to do: "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9

NEXT?

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@PGA2.0
@fauxlaw

Anyone see PGA2.0 HIDING around this forum of late?  This continued Bible ignorant fool challenged me to a discussion as shown in the link below within this thread, but I have not seem him since I posted said link that is 5 days and counting with no response from him, which shows him to be equal to the #1 RUNAWAY from biblical axioms, the ever so infamous, FAUXLAW!  LOL

fauxlaw
Debates: 77
fauxlaw
I am wondering why poundmethomas is so entrenched on a fool's errand?
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@fauxlaw

FAUXLAW, the runaway from biblical axioms, and now the #1 Bible fool upon this forum, and the #1 record holder of running away from Bible discussion posts to him, and who has called Jesus a LIAR many times at the expense of committing the Unpardonable Sin,

YOUR QUOTE:  "I am wondering why poundmethomas is so entrenched on a fool's errand?"

Shhhhhhh, a reminder, and as explicitly shown at your total embarrassing expense to Jesus and the Religion Forum membership, you will NEVER, and I repeat, NEVER live this truthful link to you shown below down, in running away from Biblical axiomatic discussion, EVER! 

NEXT RUNWAY FROM BIBLICAL DISCUSSION AS SHOWN IN THE LINK ABOVE AT FAUXLAW'S EXPENSE AND REPRESENTS WILL BE ...?

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
It's the same reason they don't have, well they don't show animal documentaries in a "creator" type style.

The zebra have been roaming these plains here in Africa for some Tuesdays  6000 years ago now. 
Or 
Or like.
The Sharks are very well adapted now and  have been using this area as a breeding "ground" since that Tuesday some 6000 years ago. 

I say Tuesday because I'm thinking that when God created the universe and all that's in it.
One would think that it would of taken God roughly ( one day ) to do allllllllllllll the animals. 

Don't ya reckon? 

One and a half maybe two days to make alllllllllllllllllll the stars. 

Also religious people have problems with the word ( theory ) 
Well The meaning of it ( In science ) scientific theroy. 

Butttttttttttttttttt.
The true answer to. 
Why don't we see religious people debating in the science forum is. 
Because it's a Web site where you don't see "people"
FULL STOP
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I thought the world was created on the day you were born?
FLRW
FLRW
If you search for the most intelligent person to ever live, you will find the name William James Sidis. If you look up information on him you will find: In 1919, Sidis was arrested for participating in a socialist May Day parade in Boston that turned violent.He was sentenced to 18 months in prison under the Sedition Act of 1918. Sidis' arrest was featured prominently in newspapers, as his early graduation from Harvard had garnered him considerable local celebrity.
During the trial, Sidis stated that he had been a conscientious objector to the World War I draft, he was a socialist, and an atheist.
FLRW
FLRW
He had an IQ between 250 and 300, so obviously he was an Atheist.
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@FLRW
If I remember correctly he ended up being a factory or warehouse worker. 
His parents were ruthless when it came to teaching him stuff at a young age.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@janesix
Shhhhhhh. 
Correct. 

This here universe thing we ummm. Let's say live in would never exist without you. 
I'm sure of it. 

When I was writing this post, I got to the would never exist part. And like clockwork,  EACH AND EVERY TIME, for some STUPID reason a picture of twins enters me head.
And I hate it. 

Soooooooo this right here Jane could be one of them times when I am incorrect. 
But.
But. 
Arhhh.  
I'm going to need a hour to think about this now. 

Good day sir.