Author: badger

Total: 157
badger
Debates: 0
badger
-->
@oromagi
What is your opinion on the thread?

Also I think you zapped none of my posts, but it is creepy as shit when she uses my name. 

badger
badger
-->
@oromagi
Post 20 please. 
Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
I wonder whom uses multiple accounts.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@badger
-->
@<<<oromagi>>>
What is your opinion on the thread?
I think my opinion is pretty well advertised at this point.  I do think that our collective tolerance of a high volume of hate speech targeting minorities is a drag on our site's image as a home for rational discourse and a giant KEEP OUT sign for exactly the kind of  academic or competive debaters to which this site is supposed to appeal.  Instead  of hosting  a place where speech and reason can be refined as an improvement to democratic soicety, we're babysitting the  sad compulsions of a small number of low information antisocials with nothing better to do all day than to entertain themselves with the harm they inflict on strangers.   I think we've all learned the tough way that such individuals always believe they are victims of society and culture and nothing reinforces their victimization narrative quite as effectively as the enforcement of rules.  The behavior is meant to provoke punishment which in turn reinforces the narrative of persecution.

As a liberal, I want to encourage the free expression of opinion, even dismaying opinion, even fake opinion.  As a moderator, I want to improve the atmosphere and intellect of this site but I believe the most effective means is probably not a more rigid interpretation of the code of conduct.  The most effective means I know is posts exactly like this- long time DARTers speaking up about the harm that anti-social, anti-democratic, anti-intellectual speech inflicts on a democratic society which is the only kind of society that upholds free speech and fair debate. 
TWS1405_2
Debates: 4
TWS1405_2
-->
@oromagi
a high volume of hate speech targeting minorities is a drag on our site's image 
Discussing fact based truths ≠ hate speech. FFS!!! You’re a bunch of easily triggered liberal snowflakes who just hate the truth of the reality of the world we live in. 

Reece101
Debates: 1
Reece101
-->
@oromagi
Me personally, I don’t care if rednecks are prosecuted. They’re incapable of theory of mind. All that matters is physical appearance to them. Everything else is secondary. 
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
-->
@oromagi
FYI-  I zapped a couple of obvious violations of our doxxing Code of Conduct.  I don't care how honestly you came across personal info about one another, don't relate that personal information on this site and definitely don't use that personal information as an argument under any circumstances.  Thanks, both of you, for refraining from such conduct in the future.
If he doesn't use personal information about me, or if he's punished for using personal information about me, then I won't retaliate with personal information.

Happy to follow the rules so long as they are enforced.
Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn
Also I think you zapped none of my posts, but it is creepy as shit when she uses my name. 
Then perhaps it's not a good idea to spout some of my personal information.

If you can't take it, snowflake, then don't dish it out.
Best.Korea
Debates: 266
Best.Korea
-->
@oromagi
democratic society which is the only kind of society that upholds free speech and fair debate.
Wrong.

The only society on Earth that has free speech is North Korea.

The rest of democracies dont have free speech. You get arrested in Canada for misgendering someone. Or in the least case you cannot get a job and as a consequence you cannot buy food to eat and as a consequence you starve.

So if I am going to starve for expressing my opinion, that is not free speech.

USA also doesnt have complete free speech, because there are plenty of things you cannot say in USA.

So lets not pretend anymore that freedom of speech exists anywhere except in North Korea.
FLRW
FLRW

OMG, do you think Best.Korea is Kim Ju Ae?
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@Lemming
@Savant
Still, Free Speech is important to some of us, You don't have my vote.
Free speech is important to me as well. That doesn't change the fact that speech here on this private platform is under the purview of the owner. If the owner were to take action - No one is being denied anything owed to them. We do not have a right to speech here without the owners approval. Valuing free speech means, at a minimum, understanding what it is. So, let's not get bogged down in bogus discussions about how rights (that don't exist) are being potentially denied.

Consistent and extreme voices can cause harm to a site. Is that happening here? Well, I agree with OP, DART compares negatively to the site it emulates. I think there is an argument to be made that some users intentionally rely on heavy rhetoric, propaganda, lies, dishonest tactics, etc. all having the effect of killing an honest exchange and comparison of ideas and ideologies. 

Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SkepticalOne
that some users intentionally rely on heavy rhetoric, propaganda, lies, dishonest tactics, etc. all having the effect of killing an honest exchange and comparison of ideas and ideologies.
This is just false blaming.

Nothing prevents you from having an honest conversation with other honest people. You choose not to by your own choice. Literally, nothing prevents you. Unless you say that you have a brain of a 3 year old and are forced to throw tauntrums every time someone says the wrong word?

"Daddy called me a democrat 🥺"
"He called me a democrat 🥺"

Let us be reminded that users you want to ban make up most of this site's forum activity.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Best.Korea
Nothing prevents you from having an honest conversation with other honest people.
All of the tactics I described have the tendency of thinning the population of good-faith interlocutors on a site. Less honest people does, in fact, prevent the opportunity for honest exchanges.

Let us be reminded that users you want to ban make up most of this site's forum activity.
Not all activity is worth perpetuating. Moderate views will not find a comfortable home in a land of extremists. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SkepticalOne
All of the tactics I described have the tendency of thinning the population of good-faith interlocutors on a site.

"I cant be on this site because Best.Korea said the bad word to me 🥺😭"
Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@SkepticalOne
I understand that,
But as I might prefer a country with a freedom of speech,
I might prefer a product with freedom of speech.

. . .
I wouldn't say that freedom of speech 'doesn't exist on this site, as a right.
Not that I'm aware of any Bill of Rights on this site,
But there's expectations,
Assumptions of what one has the right to say, ask.

Even under Kings,
There were ideas of 'rights people had,
Or had not,
Compare a serf to a freeman.
. . .

I would agree with limiting the number of topics a person could create in a given time span.
'Or moderation communicating with individuals who post spam topics of the same nature repeatedly.
But I'm not partial to removing users whose opinions I disagree with.

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Lemming
I would agree with limiting the number of topics a person could create in a given time span.

'Or moderation communicating with individuals who post spam topics of the same nature repeatedly.
Agree.

But I'm not partial to removing users whose opinions I disagree with.
If there is good reason for removing someone, they should be removed. Agreement/disagreement with their views is irrelevant. 
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Best.Korea
"I cant be on this site because Best.Korea said the bad word to me 🥺😭"
I don't really know who you are, but it is cute how you're craving my attention.

*Musses Best.Korea's hair* 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
-->
@SkepticalOne
No, you are cute.
Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
-->
@SkepticalOne
speech here on this private platform is under the purview of the owner
I'm not saying that users are owed anything, I'm saying that these opinions are relevant because the owner tends to care about what the userbase wants.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@Savant
I'm saying that these opinions are relevant because the owner tends to care about what the userbase wants.
I'm part of that user base too, and I'm making my preferences known. 😏 
Savant
Debates: 22
Savant
-->
@SkepticalOne
Fair enough
badger
badger
-->
@Barney
@whiteflame
@oromagi
I think we have some general agreement going on here. I think you guys could start with deleting all those ugly threads in the Society board. Also just straight up ban TWS, honestly why the fuck not. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
I thought this was a debate site. People who get triggered by different opinions are hardly a better userbase than people who can debate sensitive topics. Are we trying to grow vaginas here?
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Well, at least one thing is obvious.

The shroud of the dark side has fallen. Begun the woke war has.
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
@badger

Scorned little girl who simply cannot handle the fact based arguments that I’ve put forth because he/she/it takes issue with those truths when it comes to race relations in America. 

You’re a flaccid pencil who lacks the emotional and intellectual intelligence to engage me in a debate on the material you detest so much. So you call for my banishment. Total and complete intellectual coward move. 
TWS1405_2
TWS1405_2
-->
@Best.Korea
Sometimes I can’t stand you, other times I really like you. You’re so wishy washy it’s incredible. 
badger
badger
Really have no idea why any self-respecting person would give their time to this walking pile of shit. Nor why we allow him to pollute this website. 
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
Just remember, after you ban half the site and then site's activity decreases by 99%, you will have no one to blame but yourself 😀

Plenty of sites who went woke went broke, but sure, let us ignore the facts in favor of rainbow.
FLRW
FLRW
-->
@Best.Korea
the site could lose a lot of Trump voters if he was banned.
Best.Korea
Best.Korea
The debate requires position and opposition. Guess what happens when you ban all the opposition? Who will you debate with? And about what?