Topic's posts

Posts in total: 38
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 39
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
     What are the most important issues we have now in space exploration area? As we can see now space explorations are developing very rapidly and by doing this, it causes a lot of issues to solve. Humans have a lot of stuff to figure out to get closer to particular purpose and which one do you consider is the most important and must be solved the first?
  • n8nrgmi
    n8nrgmi avatar
    Forum posts: 1,090
    n8nrgmi avatar
    n8nrgmi
    whether humans can live permanently on significantly different gravity planets, or if it's possible to build space stations that spin to give artificial gravity. if the space station idea worked, like jeff bezos is working on, we could liter the solar system with habitations, and dont have to worry as much about what kind of gravity potential planets have, and can focus more on getting to areas with needed resources. 

also we need to be able to go a lot faster to be able to get to other solar systems. 

if we could have robots that raised embryos, we could liter the galaxy with human colonies without worrying about transporting larges masses of people for long periods of time. 
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    --> @n8nrgmi
    Yeah, I agree that scientists must solve artificial gravity issues before they start building that hotel. This concept seems to me rather interesting. But there are some scientific problems that are needed to be solved before this project starts building. Also, as for me I don`t see any necessity of this space hotel. Just imagine how much it would cost to build it. I assume we have more important stuff in space exploration. ( not taking into consideration issues we have on Earth )

• zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    Debates: 15
    Forum posts: 3,961
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @bearnard65
    Real Space exploration, extends beyond the limits of our Solar System, and that has to be the ultimate goal.

Continuing to revolve around the Sun is only practice....But, just getting here, is seemingly only slightly less fraught with risk than it was 60 years ago.

If human kind are ever going to get further than Mars, there will have to be a major rethink of propulsion and life support technology.

And, unless we start to utilise resources and expertise collectively, and take money out of the equation, then we are always going to be held back.

I would suggest that it is far more likely that an Alternative Intelligence will take Earth born knowledge beyond our solar system.....Perhaps with a cryogenically stored cargo on board.

• fauxlaw
    fauxlaw avatar
    Debates: 57
    Forum posts: 2,408
    fauxlaw avatar
    fauxlaw
    Or, we evolve to adapt to variable gravity conditions. We have evolved to adapt to many environments, even if some of that "evolution" is simply adaptation without necessarily making genetic mutation changes. And, who's to say we cannot make more robust telomeric changes to protect DNA better than we can today, thus extending the aging concern for longer endurance?
  • oromagi
    oromagi avatar
    Debates: 99
    Forum posts: 4,576
    oromagi avatar
    oromagi
    --> @n8nrgmi
    if we could have robots that raised embryos, we could liter the galaxy with human colonies without worrying about transporting larges masses of people for long periods of time. 
    I am skeptical that any robot could sustainably raise healthy human children.  There are so many early human interactions particularly involving bonding, eating and digestion, touch, eye contact, etc. that have tremendous impacts on human development and socialization.  I think robots could certainly become efficient nannies and helpmates and even teachers but I don't think I'd want to meet a bunch of humans who never knew human parents.
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @oromagi
    Mr Spock might not agree.

Emotion stymies progress.

And progress is technology, and not necessarily technologies organic slave.

What is the purpose of everything?....Knowledge  or the delivery mechanism.
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    Forum posts: 1,444
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @zedvictor4
    What is the purpose of everything?....Knowledge  or the delivery mechanism.
    The purpose of humans is both, without destroying themselves or Universe.

Any space exploration, that is not specifically designed to aid our survival on Earth, should cease immediately.

We have perhaps till 2232 to figure out our survival on Earth, with some better signs of longer term unfolding future story for our existence here on Earth.

Rational, logical common sense is 2ndary to ego and greed

• zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @ebuc
    Yep. Well stated.

Though my suggestion would be that humans are not necessarily the intended delivery mechanism. Only perhaps a precursor  mechanism.

Therefore universally,  human long term survival is maybe not paramount. 

And in terms of an ultimate purpose, human ego and greed are perhaps currently, the best evolutionary motivators available...

I would therefore further suggest, that logic and common sense and ego and greed are not necessarily incompatible.

• bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    I found an article by  Laura Edison Skyrora. This company manufactures special kinds of microsatellites that track rare species of animals, and observe environmental changes to help scientists solve some issues . Also they are worried about space junk issue and taking part in campaign to solve it. I consider such important issues must be solved.

• bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    Also, I`d like to a new propulsion system will be invented soon. The new kind that will allow us making long journeys in space and other planets or maybe even more, other galaxies.
  • ebuc
    ebuc avatar
    Forum posts: 1,444
    ebuc avatar
    ebuc
    --> @bearnard65
    Your obvious too young and to uneducated to know the factors involved. Even if humans could travel at speed of radiation, it is irrational to think of humanity moving to another planet.

...."Humans will never migrate to a planet outside of Earth's solar system because it would take far too long to get there, Swiss Nobel laureate Michel Mayor said Wednesday.

....Mayor and his colleague Didier Queloz were on Tuesday awarded the Nobel Prize for Physics for their research refining techniques to detect so-called exoplanets.

....."If we are talking about exoplanets, things should be clear: we will not migrate there," Mayor told AFP near Madrid on the sidelines of a conference when asked about the possibility of humans moving to other planets.
    ...."These planets are much, much too far away. Even in the very optimistic case of a livable planet that is not too far, say a few dozen light years, which is not a lot, it's in the neighbourhood, the time to go there is considerable," he added."....

• Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Debates: 2
    Forum posts: 469
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @bearnard65
    Self sustainability.
    On Mars.
    But maybe I think too short term, and wrong direction, maybe Mars colony infeasible. And looking for a world far away with water and atmosphere, be better.

My other answer is politics, question of governance and all that.
    Don't want two planets to get upset and throw asteroids at one another.
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    --> @Lemming
    Yeah, I guess it`s too early to talk about Mars colonization. Now we just cannot get there and I don`t think it`s a good idea to colonize planet with such harsh environment and low gravitation like Mars.
  • Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @bearnard65
    Well, when I Google "how long would it take a spaceship to get to mars", "around seven months" pops up.
    So I assume we could 'get there, just seems likely to me that the people there would quickly end up the way many Earth colonies have in the past.
    End up starved to death because they're too divorced from the mainland supplying them bounty, or they don't know how/are unable to farm the land.

If it's too early for Mars though, what would it be early enough for?
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    --> @Lemming
    There is another issue to think about. Even if the crew of this Mars mission survives on the surface and in the harsh environment of the red planet the is no answer how they will come back to Earth. I guess the best way to explore Mars is to do it with robotic and uncrewed missions.
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    Making uncrewed mission is more secure and cheaper way to explore space. As we can see we do it rather succesful with Perseverance rover and  and the succesful results it makes.
  • FLRW
    FLRW avatar
    Forum posts: 526
    FLRW avatar
    FLRW
    --> @ebuc

Yes, Mar's gravity is .375 of Earth's.

• bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    --> @FLRW
    And that is another issue that comes up. Those who support Mars colonization compaign, they just don`t take into consideration all stuff that we cannot solve now and in the nearest future and as for me Mars colonization doesn`t have any necessity.
  • Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @bearnard65
    Well necessity depends on desire maybe.

I like the idea of humanity existing, and out of fear of planetary disaster, next logical step is to expand to other planets.
  • bearnard65
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65 avatar
    bearnard65
    --> @Lemming
    Yeah, I agree with you but we need to find appropriate planet for this. Yeah, it will take much time to this, I guess even more than a century to travel to other galaxies but those planets we have in the Solar system are not appropriate for that . Unless scientists will figure out how to make some living conditions on the surface of Mars.
  • Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @bearnard65
    YouTube - End of Space – Creating a Prison for Humanity
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Lemming
    Save for a few people whizzing around overhead somewhere in a tin can.

The rest of us remain the prisoners of Planet Earth....Bound by our own fragility and limitations.

• Lemming
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming avatar
    Lemming
    --> @zedvictor4
    Eh, limitations in most things, I like Earth and myself well enough.
  • zedvictor4
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4 avatar
    zedvictor4
    --> @Lemming
    Me too.