3RU7AL for DebateArt.com President - Official

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 211
RationalMadman
Debates: 566
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
What exactly do you think 3RU7AL will do when imbalance happens?

3RU7AL says they want balanced treatment of everyone but based on what you know of the candidates, how are they the most likely one to push for fairness when it's violated? 3RU7AL seems like they see the President's role as relatively powerless and don't really intend to use it actively to push for the equal treatment they speak of.

I think that they also wouldn't enter the Discord chat, idk if 3RU7AL even has it. I also don't know if they'd persuade or argue in a way that would persuade the mods but that's because I haven't seen them in a setting where they really had to do so, even in formal debate they opt for idea sharing rather than actual arguing.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
And I agree with you as it concerns the capacity of the office that having the trust and faith of the moderators is just as important as having the trust and faith of the community over which you would preside.
Whiteflame has explicitly stated in Wylted's campaign thread that Wylted is wrongly assuming he has more of a hold on Whiteflame than I do/would as President.

Are you suggesting that 3RU7AL is above the both of us in how readily Whiteflame and his team of moderators will take given advice from him/her/them?
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
So you literally have the same platform as everyone else. Great job 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@RationalMadman
thank you for sharing your opinions
Wylted
Wylted
This is something Wylted believes is fine and should be left alone, he even deceptively coaxed me into making my views clear to the Religion Forums while pretending to support my idea 

You can't be stupid enough to think me saying to run it by the religion forum was an endorsement if the ideal. If you are legitimately that dumb, please take nootropics. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@3RU7AL
You're welcome, opinions actually matter in a campaign contrary to your belief that only facts do. People want an idea of the moral code and overall ethics of the candidate.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
@Wylted

Resorting to insult in order to avoid admitting you lied is a common tactic you use Wylted. It's so boring now I won't even react or explain how far you went with the lie.
Wylted
Wylted
Rm is literally trying to spin me saying networking is the only real power a president has,  as me having some sort of hold on the sites power brokers. Lol
Wylted
Wylted
Nobody reading that post, would think it is an endorsement LOL. 3rut7l go look at what RM is talking about to see if anybody would interpret that sarcastic comment, that way
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
One need only read your campaign thread and what you posted to my own campaign thread to know what I said is true. You are just trying to avoid admitting that the only basis of your campaign is 'I, Wylted, am more able to manipulate the mods than RM is, in my own opinion'.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Nobody reading that post, would think it is an endorsement LOL. 3rut7l go look at what RM is talking about to see if anybody would interpret that sarcastic comment, that way
To make it easier, link 3RU7AL to the post in the thread so they can read it and how you continue with it.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
Burial's trawling through these threads to upvote every post shows a sparkling commitment to the autism of it all, then that elegant "thank you for sharing your opinion" to show he is above it. That's presidential material right there.
badger
Debates: 0
badger
My big fear about RM is that he will turn this place into some sort of haven for the gays. 
Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
You possibly are taking Wylted not posting here as him respecting you but it's the very opposite. He doesn't fear you and is hoping you will attract voters who'd vote for me or that I'll say something here he can use against me.
I don't think Wylted is really concerned; I don't think Wylted is concerned about anything else in this campaign other than that his bid bothers you.

What I am asking you to do is seriously consider (both yourself and Athias) who, for the next year (I am under the impression this is an annual role, no less) should lead the website and guard vulnerable members from unfair (either too over-strict or over-lenient) moderation and furthermore who it is that you believe will have your back genuinely when you're up against the wall.
My answer would be 3RU7AL. With that said, I wouldn't expect anything from 3RU7AL beyond the capacity of his office.

I am saying you, as in literally you 3RU7AL and you, Athias. I do not believe you will win this election and I say that without any arrogance, it is about how late you entered it and how many have already gotten behind myself or Wylted.

I am asking you 2 to consider who will better serve the very interests you cherish:
Five days is late? And you're transparent RationalMadman. You're so weary of being Ross Perot'd or Joe Lieberman'd that you're attempting to discourage 3RU7AL's bid. [It's all counterintuitive anyway since a select number of us have interacted with each other at some point for years.] And you're overestimating the popularity of your platform. Your platform may have been appealing when Wylted was your only competition. Again: lesser of two evils. But with 3RU7AL we have a good platform--one that's especially aware of that which he can and can't do. An awareness that you lack.

Myself or Wylted?

I can promise you I absolutely vehemently will push for completely uniform and fair treatment to the both of you vs all other users. It's also why I'm posting so fervently in this thread, because no matter how sure I am that you will lose I respect you as a genuine opponent. I am grateful to you for not using any of the slimy tactics Wylted does and whether you drop out and back me or not, it is so genuinely refreshing to see somebody run for president other than myself who has their morals in tact.

I respect your honesty and integrity and am not a hypocrite to suggest you drop out in spite of it because I am also honesty and have high integrity, we are equals in that department in my eyes. You need to properly read through Wylted's campaign thread and perhaps see his style of derailing any attempt I have at serious discussion and twisting truth in the following threads:

I respect you both for being on the side of uniform application of rules but you have me, somebody who chose option 2 in that scenario and who is anti-corruption and a guy who flexes his friendship with Whiteflame, who mocks female users brutally berating them even saying he'll seduce and fuck them and who has dedicated his campaign to being a really cruel, twisted persona.

I wish you well no matter what you choose but I beg you not to back Wylted if you do change your minds later because he is not the right person to defend users of this website.
You haven't even maintained the rule you yourself cited about candidates campaigning in other threads--this being the second thread, now, to my knowledge. Why should I, 3RU7AL, or anyone for that matter give you their confidence if you've exhibited no discipline or self-control? What have you demonstrated other than the fact you covet the office?

The moderation staff had historically denied you entry into their ranks. Why is that? And you expect me as well as everyone else here to believe that you can somehow maintain the confidence of the moderation staff against whom you've wagered personal intifadas as well as the community consisting of many members with who whom you have frequently feuded?

Your responses have primarily consisted of comparisons between you and Wylted, which I suspect is a competition with which you're more comfortable. But you haven't substantiated by any sufficient measure the reason you'd be a better a option than 3RU7AL. And the reason is: you can neither lambast nor lampoon 3RU7AL. You can't reference an itemized list of closeted skeletons. Because what I said before was true: 3RU7AL through his decorum sets a good example. 3RU7AL has integrity. This office can truly do no better than 3RU7AL. And your discouragement does little to convince me.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
 Your platform may have been appealing when Wylted was your only competition. Again: lesser of two evils. But with 3RU7AL we have a good platform--one that's especially aware of that which he can and can't do. An awareness that you lack.
So, you want to leech at my base for the benefit of who exactly?

You won't beat Wylted or me, I'm very sure of that.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
You haven't even maintained the rule you yourself cited about candidates campaigning in other threads--this being the second thread, now, to my knowledge. Why should I, 3RU7AL, or anyone for that matter give you their confidence if you've exhibited no discipline or self-control? What have you demonstrated other than the fact you covet the office?
Are you being serious right now?

You mean that I talked in a thread Wylted made in the religion forums about our different approaches to it or that you made a thread nominating 3RU7AL and I talked in there about 3RU7AL primarily?

I remember what I said but to avoid paraphrasing with some lapse in what I write now, I'll directly copy-paste:
I can see issues with them as a presidential candidate (I think they'd make an excellent site analyst of some kind for the actual owner of it though) and I would actually say something of them that Wylted said of me; 3RU7AL's more cut out for a non-sociable role.

I would encourage them (gender not displayed in profile) to endorse me despite some disagreements with me. I'd even encourage you to do the same.

The reason is a combination of how corrupt I predict Wylted will be combined with how inactive/lazy I predict his events or any kind of 'moves' to be apart from when he's defending someone that he considers 'one of the cool guys'.

The president overall serves three purposes:

1. Making the bans of users be held up to a high standard of fairness (which can involve things prior to that ban and how the mods dealt with things in between it in broken-down steps).
  2. Holding fun events like official debate tournaments (that's the only one I can think of for now as gaming tournaments are able to be held by anyone anyway).
  3. Both representing the website as some form of ambassador-account on the outside and by chain reaction of 1 and 2 making the site appealing on top of their own 'appearance' for people who come across the website to think 'wow this is tiny but a fun place to join!' 
I can achieve this, it's up to you to believe it or not.

If you really think that's me showing no self control because I post that in a thread where you nominate 3RU7AL, so be it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
The moderation staff had historically denied you entry into their ranks. Why is that? 
Wylted won't likely every enter their ranks either and to my knowledge you and 3RU7AL are both barely known to them at all, including positively known but what would I know right?

I'm not applying to be a moderator, I'm applying to balance out moderator power. A position in fact that is best held by someone who knows their dark side, which you are trying to refer to me having seen.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@RationalMadman
You know that changing your vote only helps Wylted, right?
Three people will make it to the final election. I am confident that you will be one of those three no matter where I place my vote.
Athias
Athias
-->
@3RU7AL
Whiteflame has explicitly stated in Wylted's campaign thread that Wylted is wrongly assuming he has more of a hold on Whiteflame than I do/would as President.

Are you suggesting that 3RU7AL is above the both of us in how readily Whiteflame and his team of moderators will take given advice from him/her/them?
First, I think we should avoid entertaining competitions over who "has more of a hold on Whiteflame?" No one here is an authority on how Whiteflame thinks other than Whiteflame himself. Now, if you're asking me whether I have confidence that 3RU7AL in his office can garner Whiteflame's respect particularly as it pertains to 3RU7AL's counsel, then yes--absolutely. 3RU7AL is intelligent and unfailingly respectful; Whiteflame is intelligent and unfailingly respectful. Far from a recipe for disaster.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Three people will make it to the final election. I am confident that you will be one of those three no matter where I place my vote.
You are intelligent enough to know this had absolutely nothing to do with what you replied to.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
I see, is an example of this 'unfailingly respectful' shown in this thread when 3RU7AL says the following:

thank you for sharing your opinions

Because I read it as sheer sardonic sarcasm, evidenced by never replying to said 'opinions'.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
So, you want to leech at my base for the benefit of who exactly?

You won't beat Wylted or me, I'm very sure of that.
First, I'm not running. (I am capable of self-awareness.) Second, your behavior suggests that you don't believe that statement either.

If you really think that's me showing no self control because I post that in a thread where you nominate 3RU7AL, so be it. 
Yes, I in fact do.

Wylted won't likely every enter their ranks either and to my knowledge you and 3RU7AL are both barely known to them at all, including positively known but what would I know right?
Assumptions; no facts.

I'm not applying to be a moderator, I'm applying to balance out moderator power.
Another example of your lacking awareness. How do you plan to "balance out moderator power"? You state that you're familiar with the functions of the office but statements like these make me think otherwise. That is, unless you're attempting to propagate demagoguery. 

A position in fact that is best held by someone who knows their dark side, which you are trying to refer to me having seen.
Are you under the impression that you, 3RU7AL, and Wylted are running for a position on the Jedi counsel? Knowing one's "dark side" and not letting one's "dark side" interfere with the example one has set and intends to continue setting are two different things. I have much more confidence in 3RU7AL's example, than I would ever have in your words.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
when I said 'you' I meant plural you as in you and 3RU7AL as a duo, you not being the candidate but the most ardent supporter and in fact you have typed more than 3RU7AL has about the exact stance or advantage of such a presidency.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Assumptions; no facts.
If the 'fact' you based me not becoming moderator ever is that I've been temp-banned and have been at odds with the moderators, Wylted has done so just as much if not slightly more. So what facts is it you're hinting at here?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Another example of your lacking awareness. How do you plan to "balance out moderator power"? You state that you're familiar with the functions of the office but statements like these make me think otherwise. That is, unless you're attempting to propagate demagoguery. 
Why don't you say what you think will go on between the President and moderators in the discord and on-site chats they'll have?

It's clear that you don't know what the President does.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Are you under the impression that you, 3RU7AL, and Wylted are running for a position on the Jedi counsel? Knowing one's "dark side" and not letting one's "dark side" interfere with the example one has set and intends to continue setting are two different things. I have much more confidence in 3RU7AL's example, than I would ever have in your words.
What example is that? Most of the posts of this user are either one-word/one-liners, URLs or something along the lines of seemingly robotic interaction with zero awareness of nuances or social aspects.

This isn't me just insulting, in this thread alone, 3RU7AL has completely struggled to follow what I am saying and therefore has replied overall either incoherently or outright sarcastically about 'opinion versus fact' type stuff implying nothing I state is a fact or somehow is ad hominem when really it was a fact-based conclusion that I wanted a reply to.

You, yourself, are actually a lot more capable of a role involving heavy communication and social interactions with moderators than the user you have nominated. I genuinely don't understand why it isn't you running and if you swapped right now, I'd be more interested in the dialogue that would ensue.
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
when I said 'you' I meant plural you as in you and 3RU7AL as a duo, you not being the candidate but the most ardent supporter and in fact you have typed more than 3RU7AL has about the exact stance or advantage of such a presidency.
Show me the rule or stigma against being an ardent supporter.

If the 'fact' you based me not becoming moderator ever is that I've been temp-banned and have been at odds with the moderators, Wylted has done so just as much if not slightly more. So what facts is it you're hinting at here?
Why do you perpetuate that this is still a competition between just you and Wylted? As far as my capacity to participate in this campaign process as well as my capacity to vote, this competition is between 3RU7AL and the rest of the candidates, which includes you.

Why don't you say what you think will go on between the President and moderators in the discord and on-site chats they'll have?

It's clear that you don't know what the President does.
3RU7AL is the only candidate who understands that this office is primarily and advisory position.

3RU7AL:
i will not act as a moderator for DebateArt.com

i will act as an advisor to the moderators and an advocate for UNIFORM ENFORCEMENT

President’s Role

While not a moderating role, the President does retain limited powers with their position, including:
  • The ability to communicate within a moderation team chat (via Discord) in order to give input on all forms of daily decision-making. Except when completely untenable, the mod team will strive to ensure the President’s viewpoint is heard and honored.
  • The ability to approve or veto permanent ban propositions. Moderation will be required to submit permanent ban propositions to the President for review unless the user in question is a bot or advertising account, the situation is uniquely urgent or severe, the President is absent and/or unreasonably tardy, or the permanent ban proposition targets the President themselves. VETOS MAY BE OVERRIDDEN BY A SIMPLE MAJORITY VOTE AMONG THE MODERATION TEAM.
  • The ability to envision and execute community events, pending the approval and assistance of moderation.
In general, the President will spend the vast majority of their time in service observing the ordinary daily tasks of the moderation team and giving counsel as they see fit. 

Did I miss anything RationalMadman?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
Show me the rule or stigma against being an ardent supporter.
There isn't and shouldn't be one at all, so when I said 'you' I asked you and 3RU7AL both.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Athias
3RU7AL is the only candidate who understands that this office is primarily an advisory position.
That will influence moderator decisions and balance out their bias, correct?
Athias
Athias
-->
@RationalMadman
What example is that? Most of the posts of this user are either one-word/one-liners, URLs or something along the lines of seemingly robotic interaction with zero awareness of nuances or social aspects.
And how much equity do you think you can gain by attempting to insult 3RU7AL?

This isn't me just insulting,
Yes it is.

in this thread alone, 3RU7AL has completely struggled to follow what I am saying and therefore has replied overall either incoherently or outright sarcastically about 'opinion versus fact' type stuff implying nothing I state is a fact or somehow is ad hominem when really it was a fact-based conclusion that I wanted a reply to.
3RU7AL was very straight to the point with you from my observations. And that's because his statements reflect his capacity to filter through the volume of extraneous details which you dumped his way.

You, yourself, are actually a lot more capable of a role involving heavy communication and social interactions with moderators than the user you have nominated. I genuinely don't understand why it isn't you running and if you swapped right now, I'd be more interested in the dialogue that would ensue.
Really, you think so? No one has ever believed in me before. Now that I think about it, you're right. Why don't I just run myself?

Try harder, next time.