Author: Tradesecret

Total: 41
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I learned not believing in, from Dad.

Accepting that something is true without any real proof, is a bit daft.

So there are quite a lot of daft people.

But as long as they are reasonably daft we're OK.

It's the unreasonably daft that one needs to steer clear of.

Sort of, don't go trekking in Afghanistan.
BrotherD.Thomas
Debates: 0
BrotherD.Thomas

IN RELATION TO "GOOD FRIDAY"

In myself being the ONLY TRUE Christian within this Religion Forum, and in recognizing Good Friday, I have always had a hard time in celebrating this special Christian day. This is because how can Jesus truly die for our sins, if He remained alive after His 3 day tomb nap subsequent to His resurrection?!  Dying for only 3 days in the tomb, and coming back to life, is an embarrassment if one wants to use the notion of "Jesus died for our Sins" because Jesus remained alive and not dead!  GET IT?

SACRIFICE: an act of offering to a deity something precious
especially the killing of a victim on an altar (OR CROSS); something offered in sacrifice
The destruction or surrender of something for the sake of something else; something given up or lost

The simple math is since Jesus did not stay dead, as in a true sacrifice shown elsewhere within the Bible, then He rationally didn’t save any Christians from their sins because He had to die forever as a TRUE Sacrifice of which He didn't! Therefore, John 3:16 is a ruse shown herewith: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

As somewhat embarrassing with the verse John 3:16 above, and especially since Jesus is God (2 Peter 1:1), then Jesus as God the Father gave Himself as His only son at the same time in being the Father, where Jesus as the Father is His own Son to begin with in the Trinity Doctrine!

Even if this notion of gibberish shown above doesn't seem to make logical sense, the TRUE Christian has to accept it and not bring up this topic in discussion to save embarrassment, and just move on.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@BrotherD.Thomas
because He had to die forever as a TRUE Sacrifice of which He didn't! Therefore, John 3:16 is a ruse shown herewith: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

As somewhat embarrassing with the verse John 3:16 above, and especially since Jesus is God (2 Peter 1:1), then Jesus as God the Father gave Himself as His only son at the same time in being the Father, where Jesus as the Father is His own Son to begin with in the Trinity Doctrine!
Even if this notion of gibberish shown above doesn't seem to make logical sense, the TRUE Christian has to accept it and not bring up this topic in discussion to save embarrassment, and just move on.

Excellent post with relevant facts. Brother D. And well worth the like with a 👍
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Athias
Jesus died, I think most likely on Friday, the day before the weekly Sabbath.
Please explain how the difference in days between Friday and Sunday morning amount to "three days and three nights" after he was entombed. 

It is possible that he died either on Wednesday or Thursday since that week also contained a different Sabbath, that of the Passover.  
Please explain how the difference in days between Wednesday and Sunday morning amount to "three days and three nights" after he was entombed.
There are ample explanations on the internet that you could research. https://lifehopeandtruth.com/life/plan-of-salvation/holy-days-vs-holidays/sign-of-jonah/3-days-and-3-nights/ or https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/crux.cfm is another.  Personally, I don't think it was ever meant to be a literal understanding. It was more of a dictum. See Hosea 6:2 or the Midrash teaching on Genesis 42:17.   The point is Jesus died, and was buried. And then rose again from the dead. 

Jesus rose from the dead either on Sunday morning or Saturday. The disciples attended early Sunday Morning and it appears Jesus was hanging around at the graveside. 
The large stone entombing Jesus was discovered to have been moved Sunday morning while it was still dark. Jesus himself stated when he would resurrect, and it wasn't Sunday morning.
I'm not sure of your point.  The church has celebrated from very early that Jesus rose on the first day of the week, or as it is sometimes known, the 8th day. 

No, you are incorrect.  This period of time is to do with Christ dying and being raised from the dead.
No, I'm not. This period as I've said before is in veneration of the Mother Goddess. Starting with the Vernal Equinox (a.k.a. beginning of "Spring") to April Fools Day, also known as "Hiliaria" (the origin of the term, "hilarious") which was Cybele's tribute to her son and lover, Attis; then you have "Palm Sunday" which is not in reference to the Palm branches paving the way for Jesus, but instead for Myrrah and her son Adonis. Then you have "Good Friday" which is in veneration of "Friggs" or "Freyja" the goddess after whom the day "Friday" itself is named. But all these mother goddesses are essentially the same whether its Juno, Aphrodite, Isis, Hathor, Aset, Ishtar, Astarte, Eostre, Maia, Cybele, Demeter, Myrrah, Freyja, Friggs, Columbia, Inanna, Ashera, Semiramis, Rhea, Gaia, etc. They all represent the same thing in the Luciferian triune of the horned God, the Mother Goddess, and the Divine Son. Even the month of April is named for Aphrodite/Eostre. Then you'll have "Earth Week" which will soon follow Easter. That's because the "Mother Goddess" and the "Divine Son" are associated with vegetation. (Earth Week has nothing to do with "saving the planet.") And then the month ends with the night of "Walpurgis" which commemorates "Beltane" which extends to the first of May (named for the goddess Maia) that venerates "Bel" or "Ba'al." 
Well again, yes you are wrong.  Passover's date - followed the moon. Like most religions back then - the lunar calendar was supreme. Every religion pretty much celebrated on that date.  Hence, why I say coincidence. The Christians followed the Passover date.  Just because you have gods venerated on the same date does not invalidate the Christian teaching. Your reasoning is arrogant and presumptuous. 

In essence, none of this has anything to do with Jesus or his resurrection. They (Luciferians) merely use it as a cover to have the masses indulge their rituals. 
Nothing you have said proves your point.  Your argument seems to be - all of these previous religions celebrated on this date, therefore everyone after the event is simply following.  That is very weak and thin. 
The fact that other religions celebrated their gods at the same time is nothing more than coincidence.  Just like my birthday being on the same day as my cousins is nothing more than a coincidence. 
It's not a coincidence. The pope, who still refers to himself in accordance to pagan rite as "pontifex maximus" should be aware of these pagan rituals, as well as the inconsistency with the timeline of "Good Friday" and Jesus resurrection. He's not oblivious to these "coincidences"; he's confederate in them. 
It is a coincidence. And while the papacy might have weird ideas, the protestant understanding of the resurrection is not based on Catholic understanding.  Gee even the orthodox church which is anti-catholic and before the Catholics practised it. You seem oblivious to ACTUAL church history. 

And while it is true that the Catholic church celebrated this celebration at the same time and perhaps brought other pagan celebrations into join with it, possibly the work of the empire state system rather than the church, it doesn't reduce the Christian celebration one iota.
It does if there's no Biblical stipulation to indulge these rituals. 
Who says there is no biblical stipulation? 

And while I do find it offensive that so many people label it Easter,
And many Christians refer to it as Easter, and embrace the label; not just the label, but the bunnies and eggs (which have nothing to do with Jesus, but with the mother goddess) yet bear no questions as to the reasons Roman Catholicisms push the concept on Christians. 
Some people do this - so what? Not all, and probably not even most. 

Nevertheless, most people in the society we live would are not church people who would not understand Resurrection Day but would know it as Easter. 
And that's the point. As it concerns the Abrahamic religions, there's the "right-hand" interpretation, and there's the "sinister" interpretation (e.g. those who liken Osiris or Heru to Jesus.) These pagan conflations, and transformations of holy commemorations are meant to pervert it.
And so that is why we need to explore it thoroughly. 

Yet no church that I am aware of would ever see it as anything other than the death and resurrection of Christ.  
What about the Catholic Church?

I'm not attempting to insinuate that you are "less" Christian; but I can only presume that many Christians, including yourself, are only aware of the right-hand interpretation of these rituals as opposed the "left-hand" or "sinister" interpretation. And you do your adherence a disservice by not educating yourself on both. You don't have to take my word -- do your own research into the subject (that should be protocol for everyone.) 

I'm not catholic.  I have researched widely. Yet even from your comments, I can see your research is distorted and incomplete. Perhaps you should read wider. 

Athias
Debates: 20
Athias
-->
@Tradesecret
It does not do well to apologize for poor or misleading interpretations.

Personally, I don't think it was ever meant to be a literal understanding. It was more of a dictum. See Hosea 6:2 or the Midrash teaching on Genesis 42:17.   The point is Jesus died, and was buried. And then rose again from the dead. 
What does its being a dictum or your personal opinion have to do with what Jesus, himself, said?

I'm not sure of your point.  The church has celebrated from very early that Jesus rose on the first day of the week, or as it is sometimes known, the 8th day. 
Which would start on Saturday Evening. Just like Passover--your reference, not mine--starts in the evening.

Well again, yes you are wrong.
What am I wrong about?

Like most religions back then - the lunar calendar was supreme. Every religion pretty much celebrated on that date.  Hence, why I say coincidence. The Christians followed the Passover date.  Just because you have gods venerated on the same date does not invalidate the Christian teaching. Your reasoning is arrogant and presumptuous. 
My point is not to invalidate Christian teachings; my point is to provide you with the tools to distinguish between Christian teachings and pagan rituals. There's no biblical reference whatsoever to "Easter Sunday" or "eggs" or "bunnies" as it concerned Jesus's death and resurrection. There's also no directive to commemorate Jesus's resurrection. This is not "arrogance" or "presumption"; I've read the Bible in its entirety several times, so if you have a dispute, please submit the appropriate biblical reference, and refrain from Catholic or Protestant "catechism."

Nothing you have said proves your point.
Actually it does. We know that Good Friday to Easter Sunday does NOT amount to three days and three nights. We also know that Jesus did not resurrect on what we know today as "Sunday." We know of the pagan holidays that follow the vernal equinox. We know of the origin of the name Easter. We know that bunnies and eggs are not associated with Jesus, but with the mother Goddess  in her Celtic, Greek,  Sumerian, Semitic, Egyptian, etc. incarnations. It is not a "coincidence" that the Roman (Catholic) Church has conflated celebration of the mother goddess and her divine son/lover with the concept Jesus's resurrection.

Your argument seems to be - all of these previous religions celebrated on this date, therefore everyone after the event is simply following.  That is very weak and thin. 
My arguments never "seem." My arguments always explicitly state; and I did not explicitly state what you've claimed. My argument states this: many of these religious celebrations especially in April are associated with convoluted and often misleading interpretations so that Luciferians can pervert these celebrations with their pagan rituals.

And while the papacy might have weird ideas
Weird? The papacy has institutionalized pederasty; endorsed homosexuality and transexuality; names the resurrection after Celtic/Sumerian goddess; Celebrates "the birth of Jesus" on the same day as the birth/reincarnation of the Sun God; and embodies everything against which Jesus stood, and your assessment is that it's "weird"?

Who says there is no biblical stipulation? 
There isn't any. Please make reference to it, and I'll stand corrected.

Some people do this - so what?
And I just told you "so what?" They are being prompted to inadvertently indulge pagan rituals.

Not all, and probably not even most. 
Since the majority of the Christian population is Catholic, wouldn't it be most?

Exactly. My perspective is from a non-denominational standpoint, while yours is writhe with protestant catechism and apologism.

I'm not catholic.
Never stated that you were; that does not suggest however that Protestants are without their pagan rituals.

I have researched widely.
Not enough. Research the Babylonian-Kemetic mysteries as well as the Elusinian mysteries; Research Sumerian, Kemetic/Egyptian, Celtic, Semitic, Estruscan, Greek/Roman, Russian, Chinese/Japanese, Mexican mythologies; research ancient and neo-paganism; research Buddhism and Hinduism; research Luciferianism, Satanism and Free Masonry. There are forces attempting to pervert your Christianity; I'm merely trying to bring them to your attention.

I can see your research is distorted and incomplete. Perhaps you should read wider.
If you believe I have a blind spot, point me in the right direction.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Athias
It does not do well to apologize for poor or misleading interpretations.
I'm not apologising - just pointing out that lots of people have put forward views. Some make better sense than others. 
What does its being a dictum or your personal opinion have to do with what Jesus, himself, said?
Do you comprehend what Jewish idioms are?  Jesus used idioms all of the time. Hyperbole and other languages. We don't have to take it 2 dimensional literalistic. 

Which would start on Saturday Evening. Just like Passover--your reference, not mine--starts in the evening.
Everyone knows that the sabbath starts at dusk. What's your point? John says the disciples went down early on the first day of the week. Not on the Sabbath. Jesus was hanging around and was seen early on Sunday morning by Mary. 
Like most religions back then - the lunar calendar was supreme. Every religion pretty much celebrated on that date.  Hence, why I say coincidence. The Christians followed the Passover date.  Just because you have gods venerated on the same date does not invalidate the Christian teaching. Your reasoning is arrogant and presumptuous. 
My point is not to invalidate Christian teachings; my point is to provide you with the tools to distinguish between Christian teachings and pagan rituals. There's no biblical reference whatsoever to "Easter Sunday" or "eggs" or "bunnies" as it concerned Jesus's death and resurrection. There's also no directive to commemorate Jesus's resurrection. This is not "arrogance" or "presumption"; I've read the Bible in its entirety several times, so if you have a dispute, please submit the appropriate biblical reference, and refrain from Catholic or Protestant "catechism." 
And what tool is that? the pagan's book of philosophy.  Why do we need a directive? The church, the early church decided to meet on the First day of the week. And they did this to teach and to worship.  Why shouldn't the church have a say in how they worship? I have no interest in the easter bunny or eggs.  Our  church doesn't even call "Easter" Easter. We call it Resurrection Day. 

Nothing you have said proves your point.
Actually it does. We know that Good Friday to Easter Sunday does NOT amount to three days and three nights. We also know that Jesus did not resurrect on what we know today as "Sunday." We know of the pagan holidays that follow the vernal equinox. We know of the origin of the name Easter. We know that bunnies and eggs are not associated with Jesus, but with the mother Goddess  in her Celtic, Greek,  Sumerian, Semitic, Egyptian, etc. incarnations. It is not a "coincidence" that the Roman (Catholic) Church has conflated celebration of the mother goddess and her divine son/lover with the concept Jesus's resurrection.
Well good for you. You didn't prove your point to me. You can say anything you like, it doesn't make it true. I agree that bunnies have nothing to do with Jesus. But that doesn't show Jesus didn't rise early on Sunday morning. 
Your argument seems to be - all of these previous religions celebrated on this date, therefore everyone after the event is simply following.  That is very weak and thin. 
My arguments never "seem." My arguments always explicitly state; and I did not explicitly state what you've claimed. My argument states this: many of these religious celebrations especially in April are associated with convoluted and often misleading interpretations so that Luciferians can pervert these celebrations with their pagan rituals. 
I love how you are so self-righteous.   Your argument doesn't assert that Jesus didn't die or rise again. 
And while the papacy might have weird ideas
Weird? The papacy has institutionalized pederasty; endorsed homosexuality and transexuality; names the resurrection after Celtic/Sumerian goddess; Celebrates "the birth of Jesus" on the same day as the birth/reincarnation of the Sun God; and embodies everything against which Jesus stood, and your assessment is that it's "weird"? 
who cares? 

Some people do this - so what?
And I just told you "so what?" They are being prompted to inadvertently indulge pagan rituals
You keep coming back with the same fallacy.  Guilty because some pagans did something similar. 

Not all, and probably not even most. 
Since the majority of the Christian population is Catholic, wouldn't it be most? 
The majority of Christians are not Catholic. Yes, they make up a large chunk, but not a majority. Once you throw in the Orthodox and other oriential orthodox, the Protestants and the Charismatics, they might make up a third.  Many of us even deny that Catholics are christian - incidentally for many of the reasons you yourself have suggested. I am sure you have heard of the Reformation.

Exactly. My perspective is from a non-denominational standpoint, while yours is writhe with protestant catechism and apologism. 
There is no such thing as a non-denominational standpoint.  Every church is a denomination of some description. Otherwise it is not a real church and has no standing. 

I'm not catholic.
Never stated that you were; that does not suggest however that Protestants are without their pagan rituals.
Again, just because you state it.  
I have researched widely.
Not enough. Research the Babylonian-Kemetic mysteries as well as the Elusinian mysteries; Research Sumerian, Kemetic/Egyptian, Celtic, Semitic, Estruscan, Greek/Roman, Russian, Chinese/Japanese, Mexican mythologies; research ancient and neo-paganism; research Buddhism and Hinduism; research Luciferianism, Satanism and Free Masonry. There are forces attempting to pervert your Christianity; I'm merely trying to bring them to your attention. 
There are always forces trying to pervert Christianity. From my reading of you - that might well include you.  

I can see your research is distorted and incomplete. Perhaps you should read wider.
If you believe I have a blind spot, point me in the right direction.
A good book might be the "one and the many" by Rushdoony. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Not sure that Saturday and Sunday were pre-Christian Jewish concepts.

Therefore Sabbath was really just another tradition adopted from previous Jewish paganism.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Not sure that Saturday and Sunday were pre-Christian Jewish concepts.

Therefore Sabbath was really just another tradition adopted from previous Jewish paganism.
Wow! You draw a conclusion from an "unsure" admission, that's pretty cool.  

I think it's better to consider our sources.   

In my view, the Bible is the best source for understanding the reason for the existence of the Sabbath.  

The initial reason seems to be the Creation.   God rested on the 7th day and therefore we should follow his example and commemorate it forever. 

The second reason seems to be related to the fact that the Israelites were former slaves in Egypt before God rescued them.  

The 7-day cycle of the week is an intriguing one.  Possibly to do with the Lunar Calendar.  I guess that's why we have 12 months in a year.  4 x 7 x 12 = almost a year. 336 days. 

Genesis indicates the day of rest was a holy day. Deuteronomy indicates it's a holy day as well. 

So was it pre-Jewish and Christian concepts?  Yes. It goes all the way back to the Garden and Adam and Eve were not Jewish or Christian.  

Of course, it is another thing to suggest it was Paganism.  I take the view that the Bible clearly had God-fearing people from the time of Adam all the way to Jacob. 

These are not pagan.  For Pagan is not simply non-Jewish or non-Christian, it is those who are non-elect.   The descendants of Seth, the people of ancient Israel, and the Christian Church are all drawn from the same pool.  They all fear the creator God who also rescued Israel from Egypt. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
Tradsecrete wrote: @zedvictor4  God rested on the 7th day.

What did he do on the 8th day?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
@Tradesecret
For sure, all down to interpretation again Trade.

Pagan:  Beliefs other than those of the main World religions.

Interpret that how you will.

But bear in mind that the biblical interpretation of "creation" is pretty much debunked.

And the Christian interpretation of Pre-Christian regional tales is pretty much a 1st to 3rd century adaptation of the regions long pagan past.

In my opinion.

And I not  exactly sure why an omni-entity would need a rest.

But probably because it is a GOD created in Man's image.

23 days later

BrotherD.Thomas
BrotherD.Thomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

As shown below, here is my 30 DAY UPDATE on having to biblically correct this forum's #1 Bible Stupid fool Miss Tradesecret, where she could NOT defend herself in being so Bible dumb, but only to run away from this FACT and hide!  As you can see, Jesus' bible inspired passages and I had a busy month at Miss Tradesecret's embarrassing expense in me easily schooling her Bible ineptness, where we can only assume that the following month will be as busy in correcting her Bible Stupidisms®️ once again in front of the membership.

Furthermore, this doesn't even include you having to correct  Miss Tradesecret's Bible Buffoonery®️ in the last 30 days, which is probably equal to my links shown below, but yet Miss Tradesecret stays upon this Religion Forum to continue to be the #1 Bible Stupid fool that she is.  I am sure that Jesus is not smiling in her behalf in making a mockery of His Bible with only her weak opinions, and with no bible citations to support said opinions!

IS THERE ANY PSEUDO-CHRISTIAN WOMAN LIKE MISS TRADESECRET THAT IS EQUALLY BIBLE STUPID AS SHE IS, AND THAT WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND TAKE HER STATUS WITHIN THIS RELIGION FORUM AS BEING THE #1 BIBLE STUPID FOOL AWAY FROM HER?